AbNormal V2 [Submission Phase]

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Original idea by MegaGallade
Original post shamelessly stolen from MegaGallade
Approved by G-Luke

AbNormal
The Absence of Normal!

This Pet Mod aims to replace the Normal type completely, in a community project format. Thus meaning, every Normal type must have their types changed. There will be various phases which each allow different options to post.
  • Phase 1: Submissions
Every few days, I will post a few Normal type Pokemon and Moves below. Then, you will be able to aim to retype it in a format similar to this:
Pokemon: Dunsparce
New type: Bug/Ground
New moves: +X-Scissor, +Earthquake, +Attack Order
Justification: Dunsparce looks very Bug-like, and it's drill on it's tail seems more ground type as well.

Move: Retaliate
New type: Dark
Justification: Retaliation in general is bad thing to do, and the Dark type is known to be also known as an evil type.

Move: Crush Claw
New type: Same type as Zangoose
Justification: It is Zangoose's Signature Move.
Up to 3 new moves are allowed on a type-changed Pokemon.
However, a submission will not be accepted if it is like this:

Pokemon: Dunsparce
New type: Dragon/Fire
New moves: +Spacial Rend, +Roar of Thyme, +Blast Burn, +Dragon Rush, +Magikarp's Revenge
Justification: Dunsparce is awsome.

Move: Retaliate
New type: Fairy
Justification: lol idk lol
Pikipek
Trumbeak
Toucannon

Yungoos
Gumshoos
Stufful
Bewear

Oranguru
Type: Null
Silvally-Normal
Komala
Drampa
Alolan Rattata
Alolan Raticate

Laser Focus
Multi-Attack
Revelation Dance
Spotlight
Tearful Look
Pulverizing Pancake

• Phase 2: Voting
At the end of the submissions period I will find all submissions, put them into one post and allow voting.
The voting format will be like this:

First Choice: UserX
Second Choice: UserY
Third Choice: UserZ
The First Choice gets 3 points, second gets 2 and third gets 1. Obviously the userwith most votes gets his/her submission put into the project itself
  • Phase 3: Results
After the voting period, I will put up the results, and the people who win will have their submission put into the project itself.
AbNormal Spreadsheet - Mechanic changes, Pokémon types and Move types can be found here.
+Play Rough, +Dazzling Gleam, +Fake Out, +Take Down (From Eevee, by default)
+Play Rough, +Misty Terrain (From Swablu, by default)
Flying/Fire +Hurricane (From Fletchling, by default)
+Spike Cannon (By Ghoul King <Hera, Escav & Cac>, The Reptile <Qwil & Mara> and MegaGallade <Ferro>)
+Spike Cannon, +Barrage (First move from Ferroseed, by default and last move by Ghoul King )
+Extreme Speed (By Ghoul King <Nin, Rap & Shar>, The Reptile <Swel> and FlameUser64 <Lati, Escav>)
+Tail Slap (By Ghoul King <Ambi> and The Reptile <Skit>)
+Tail Slap (From Skitty, by default)
+Trump Card (By GiveUsYourBones <Alak, Ral and Mewt> and Ghoul King <Luc>)
+Trump Card (From Ralts, by default)
+Uproar (Both by Ghoul King )
+Explosion, +Self-Destruct, +Tri Attack (First two moves by the someone and last from pre-evolution, by default)
+Fake Out (By The Reptile <Bre>, Ghoul King <Haw, Pan & Poli> and the someone <Eev & Shi>)
+Fake Out (From Shinx, by default)
+Barrage (By The Reptile <Rhy>, Ghoul King <Shif, Ferro & Gol> and the someone <Cher & Reun> )
+Lovely Kiss (By the someone <Maw & Fros> and The Reptile <Bel, Snub & Mun> )
+Lovely Kiss (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Slack Off (By the someone <Snor & Bib>, Ghoul King <Regi's> and MegaGallade <See & Sphe>)
+Slack Off (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Boomburst (By Ghoul King <Drif> and the someone <Yan, Elec & Bron> )
+Tri Attack (By MegaGallade <Klan, Prob, Bon & Jum>, the someone <Com, Wee & Exe> and Ghoul King <Rose> )
+Tri Attack (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Horn Attack (By MegaGallade <Gogo, Pins & Scol>, Ghoul King <Rap, Lap & Xern>, the someone <Sam, Stan , Saw & Ab> and EverM <Hit>)
+Hyper Fang (By Amitghosh <Maw>, MegaGallade <Shar, Hun, Wal & Tyra>, Ghoul King <Migh, Houn & Kroo> and the someone <Pika, Emo, Deden, Nid-M & Nid-F> )
+Hyper Fang (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Weather Ball (By MegaGallade <Sno, Vul, Hip & Poli>, Phione <Ama>, EverM <Lud & Shif>, the someone <Helio> and Amitghosh <Kyo & Grou>)
+Weather Ball (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Noble Roar (By the someone <Arc & Fur> and EverM <Lux> )
+Smelling Salts (By The Reptile )
+Smelling Salts (From pre-evolution, by default)
+Double Hit (By GiveUsYourBones <Hit> and MegaGallade <Met, Bin, Dou & Cher>)
+Double Hit (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Take Down (By The Reptile <Ent, Rai & Sui>, MegaGallade <Sudo & Arch>, the someone <Dur, Turt, Abo & Eev> and EverM <Bouf> )
+Take Down (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Vice Grip (By The Reptile <Gli>, the someone <Sciz> and MegaGallade <Skor> )
+Vice Grip (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Comet Punch (By Ghoul King <Gol, Inf, Amb & Hit>, The Reptile <Mach & Medi> and EverM <Hera>)
+Fury Attack (By The Reptile <Arch, Abs & Pid> and Ghoul King <Swel> )
+Fury Attack (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Fury Swipes (By The Reptile <Scy & Hera>, the someone <Hon>, MegaGallade <Kri> and Ghoul King <Zoro> )
+Fury Swipes (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Shell Smash (By The Reptile <Squi, Turt, Gol & Lap>, the someone <Kab, Arm, King & Sam>, MegaGallade<Shel, Escav & Claw> )
+Shell Smash (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Glare (By the someone <On> and Ghoul King <Sab> )
+Glare (From pre-evolution, by default)
+Rock Climb (By the someone <Arm & Aria> and MegaGallade <Saws, Gogo & Nin> )
+Rock Climb (From pre-evolution, by default)
+Focus Energy (By the someone <Luc, Bish, Gal & Drap> and Ghoul King <Fear> )
+Egg Bomb (By Ghoul King <Gour & Shif>, MegaGallade <Pump> and the someone <Brel & Tor> )
+Quick Attack (By Ghoul King <Nin & Per> and the someone <Cro & Hawl> )
+Dizzy Punch (By Ghoul King <Slur, Mach, Hit & Poli>, the someone <Pan>, FlameUser64 <Inf> and The Reptile <Lud> )
+Rapid Spin (By Ghoul King <Ferroth & Ste>, MegaGallade <Elec>, the someone <Gol & Pol>, Yellow Skarmory <Vol> and Amitghosh <Ferros> )
+Rapid Spin (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Hyper Voice (By Ghoul King <Fly>, MegaGallade <Swe>, the someone <Ent> and GiveUsYourBones <Arc> )
+Heal Bell (By Yellow Skarmory )
+Growth (By Yellow Skarmory <Ex> and Springtrap <Scep & Lud> )
+Baton Pass (By GiveUsYourBones )
+Baton Pass (From pre-evolutions, by default)
+Wrap (By Springtrap <Oct & Car>, Lord Abbadon <Ven> and The Reptile <On> )
+Wrap (From pre-evolution, by default)

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Current slate:

Toucannon and pre-evolutions

Gumshoos and pre-evolution

Bewear and pre-evolution

Laser Focus
Multi-Attack

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

Pokemon: Toucannon
New type: Flying/Fire (Prevo: Flying)
New moves: +Flare Blitz, +Burn Up, +Glare
Justification: Seeing as the game is constantly talking about how hot its beak is, being Fire Type just makes sense. Glare because its staring daggers

Pokemon: Bewear (Prevo: Fairy/Fighting)
New Type: Fairy/Fighting
New Moves: +Play Rough, +Yawn
Justification: It's a giant teddy bear, and definitely looks like the type of Pokemon to "Play Rough" with its trainer.

Pokemon: Gumshoos
New Type: Ground/Dark (Prevo: Ground)
New Moves: Mean Look, Foresight, Slack Off
Justification: Gumshoos color scheme lends it to being a Ground Type while the Dark Type fits the girtty detective flavor. The added moves add to the flavor of it being a detective while Slack Off alludes to it falling asleep on the job as mentioned in the Pokedex.

Moves:

Laser Focus: Fighting
Justification: Effective fighting requires a high amount of concentration, so this type change reflects that.

Multiattack: Same Type as Silvally-Normal
Justification: The type of this move is fluid anyhow, so I don't see why it needs to have any type other than that of whatever Silvally-Normal will end up being.

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Question- What happens when we run out of things that are Normal to remove?
After that, I'll open a phase that changes old stuff from AbNormal V1. G-Luke suggested starting from zero, but I think a LOT of stuff wouldn't change if we did it again (things like Morning Sun being Fire-type). I'll allow people to request specific Pokemons or moves to change (things like Razor Wind being Steel instead of Flying). If enough people request a certain Pokemon or move, they'll be added to a new slate.
Once that's out of the way, we'll make lots of Move-to-Pokemon changes, and see if people agree with the current ones. For example, a slate with Egg Bomb would both give Egg Bomb to more Pokemon, and maybe remove it from ones that got it in AbNormal V1.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Pokemon: Toucannon
New type: Steel/Flying
New moves: +Smart Strike, +Iron Head, +Metal Burst
Justification: Cannons are made of Steel, maybe Toucannon also is.

Pokemon: Gumshoos
New type: Psychic/Fighting
New moves: +Foresight, +Slack Off, +Low Kick
Justification: Psychic because Gumshoos is very patient and detectives are usually smart. Fighting because Gumshoos hunts Alolan Ratatta, a Dark-type, and because of its determination when finding Alolan Rattata.

Move: Laser Focus
New type: Electric
Justification: Laser Focus?

New type: Steel/Fire (pre-evolutions: Fire/Flying)
New moves: +Iron Head +Flare Blitz, +Iron Defense
Justification: The steel that Toucannon's beak is made out of weighs it down so much, it loses its ability to fly. The sheer frustration of losing its flight causes Toucannon temperature to rise with rage.

New type: Ground/Fighting (pre-evolution: Ground)
New moves: +High Horsepower, +Sucker Punch, +Retaliate (Dark)
Justification: Gumshoos stays close to ground as it stalks its prey. When in battle, it relies on surprises and cheap tricks to win.

New Type: Fighting/Fairy (pre-evolution: Fighting)
New Moves: +Play Rough, Attract (as a level up move), +Misty Terrain (pre-evolution only)
Justification: Bewear's cuteness, while perfectly well-intended, often deceives opponents into a false sense of security or even putting them into an unbreakable infatuation for its cuteness

Laser Focus
New Type:
Psychic
Justification: Other light-based moves such as Light Screen and Prismatic Laser are Psychic type.

Multi-Attack
New type:
Varies
Justification: Assuming Silvally-Normal will be scrapped*, this move will remain unchanged.
*Proposed Silvally change: Silvally's Memories are changed through a form change and do not take up an item slot (similar to Rotom).

Suggestion: Can effects be added to moves to reflect their new types to give them if they have no current or practical use such as Laser Focus?

Last edited:

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
this was the shit back when my username was still springtrap (kill me), glad it's back! although it seems me always being late in making the most optimal suggestions are still present...

New type: Flying (pre-evolutions: Flying)
New moves: +Air Slash, +Crunch, +Poison Jab
Justification: There's nothing special to Toucannon, he's literally just a toucan. The fact that its beak can heat up or whatever doesn't change the fact that its just a normal toucan, therefore it gets a normal simple typing, just Flying. Air Slash because it couldn't learn it for some reason and to abuse Sheer Force. Same with Crunch Poison Jab, trying to give him some coverage while also allowing it to make more use of Sheer Force.

New Type: Fighting (pre-evolutions: Fighting)
New Moves: +Mach Punch, +Close Combat, +Drain Punch
Justification: Gumshoos just seems pissed off all the time, like he wants to punch someone in the face. So, that's why he's Fighting type. Bonus points for it chasing Alolan Ratata, a Dark type. The moves are there just to compliment its new typing.

couldn't think of anything new for mr. bear rip

Laser Focus
New Type:
Steel
Justification: To focus you usually want to stay still so you can easily, well, focus on a target without missing it because you were moving too much, and steel is sometimes associated with sturdiness, meaning that it stays in one place.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
People already did Fire Toucannon rip

New Type: Psychic / Ground (Yungoos: Ground)
New Moves: +Psychic Fangs, +Stone Edge
Justification: Gumshoos is based off of detectives, thus Psychic-Type. Color Scheme also looks very Ground-Like to me. Eithe way, being Psychic gives it stab on Strong Jaw Psychic Fangs, which is pretty cool.

Question: Does Totem Gumshoos get it's type changed to whatever Gumshoos wins, or will it have it's own slate? Because imo giving the totem a different type would be pretty cool.

Laser Focus
New Type:
Fighting
Justification: Laser Focus is just a better Focus Energy. If Focus Energy became Fghting, Laser Focus should too

Multi-Attack
New Type: Untyped (Think Burn Up on pure fire-type mons)
Justification: This really depends on what Silvally will become, but since it changes type based on held drive anyways, then making no drive become no type makes sense, right?

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Voting phase will begin in ~4 hours from now. If anyone still wants to submit, now's your chance.
Question: Does Totem Gumshoos get it's type changed to whatever Gumshoos wins, or will it have it's own slate? Because imo giving the totem a different type would be pretty cool.
It was going to be the former but I like the idea. I'll put it in a slate some time.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Toucannon: Earlio, Toadbrigade, Cookie Butter
Gumshoos: Toadbrigade, Estronic, Earlio
Bewear: Earlio, Toadbrigade
Laser Focus: Earlio and/or AquaticPanic (Since it's the exact same thing), Estronic, Cookie Butter
Multi-Attack: Earlio, I guess?

EDITED (2 TIMES)

Last edited:

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Voting's ended! Congrats to our winners.
Toucannon Fire/Flying +Flare Blitz, +Burn Up, +Glare (By Earlio )
Bewear Fairy/Fighting +Play Rough, +Yawn (By Earlio )
Laser Focus Fighting (By Earlio and AquaticPanic )
Multi-Attack Same type as Silvally-Normal

The next slate is
Oranguru
Type: Null
Silvally-Normal
Gumshoos
tie-breaker between Psychic/Fighting, Ground/Fighting and Ground/Dark
Revelation Dance
Spotlight

EDIT: Apparently we forgot to do Me First back in V1 so I'll add it to this slate.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
(Insert fancy gif here)
Pokemon: Silvally and Type: Null
New type: Untyped (Same as Burn Up on a pure fire mon)
New moves: +Recover, +Nasty Plot, +Extreme Speed
Justification: Null means nothing. So, "Type: None". Untyped. This follows into it's evo, Silvally, to have no type too, as both of them are tecnically the same mon according to dex entries. They are also are artificial, so an unnatural type is to be expected.

Revelation Dance
New Type: Flying
Justification: It is Oricorio's signature move.

Cookie Butter

formerly the someone
Pokemon: Silvally
New type: Steel/Water
New moves: +Liquidation
Justification: Silvally's name is based on silver, which is a metal. Silvally can also be equipped with CDs (memories) so it has some robotic component to it. As for Water-type, it has many strange body parts like talons, purple scales and a tail fin, but the fin is the only one that matches a type (I guess bird talons match Flying but Silvally can't fly). With Steel-typing, Silvally would be super-effective against Arceus, who is Psychic/Fairy, and the lore hints at it being made to combat Arceus.
With this typing on Silvally, Multi-Attack would be Steel-type.

Move: Spotlight
New type: Fairy
Justification: 1. Follow Me is already Fairy-type. 2. This seems like a 'cute' move, you know? 3. Fairy has many light moves already.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus

Pokemon:
Oranguru
New Type: Psychic/Grass
New Moves: +Giga Drain, +Leech Seed
Justification: The only real justification I can give is that its holding leaves (which is a pretty stupid reason) and orangutans eat leafs and the like (but they are omnivores) Honesty? Pure Psychic would be pretty stale.

Pokemon: Type: Null
New Type: Ghost
New Moves: +Shadow Ball, +Curse
Justification: Since fan canon establishes that Type: Null (more specifically Silvally) was created trying to emulate Arceus, it seems fitting for it to be Ghost-type as it's, living in Arceus's shadow, so to speak.

Pokemon: Silvally
New Type: Fairy/Ghost
New Moves: +Play Rough, +Moonblast, +Misty Terrain
Justification: Silvally is an imperfect attempt at creating Arceus (as fanon established), therefore he gets to share its Fairy type with Arceus's Fairy-type (in this Pet Mod), however Silvally get Ghost instead of Psychic like Arceus because Silvally is, again, imperfect and still is "overshadowed" by Arceus. The moves are also the same moves Arceus got, so thumbs up to that, I guess.

Note: Not entirely sure what Multi-Attack would be for both Type: Null and Silvally. I've been thinking about maybe Silvally's Multi-Attack could be Fairy and Ghost at the same time but it seems like a lackluster type combo for a move.

Gumshoos vote: Ground/Fighting (ToadBrigade)

All the good types for the moves got snagged again :(

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Move: Me First
New Type: Dark
Justification: As we all know, Dark type is more about nasty things than actual darkness. (We could take Feint, Knock Off, Pursuit and Punishment in exemple, and that's not all). And just saying "Hey I'm going to move before you" is kind of a nasty thing to do.

EDIT: Ground/Fighting in Gumshoos' tiebreaker

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)