(Dreamworld) Swift Swim

BS: 74/108/133/83/65/32
BST: 495

Weakness: Electric*2, Grass*4, Fighting*2, Ground*2
Weakness with Solid Rock: Grass*2
Resist: Normal /2, Fire /4, Ice /2, Poison /2, Flying /2
Neutral: Water, Psychic, Bug, Rock, Ghost, Dragon, Dark, Steel

Learnable moves through Level Up:

Lv1: Bide, Lv1: Withdraw, Lv1: Water Gun, Lv1: Rollout, Lv5: Rollout, Lv8: Bite, Lv11: Protect, Lv15: Aqua Jet, Lv18: AncientPower, Lv21: Crunch, Lv25: Wide Guard, Lv28: Brine, Lv31: Knock Down, Lv35: Curse, Lv40: Shell Break, Lv45: Aqua Tail, Lv51: Rock Slide, Lv56: Rain Dance, Lv61: Hydro Pump

TMs:

TM06 - Toxic, TM10 - Hidden Power, TM13 - Ice Beam, TM14 - Blizzard, TM15 - Hyper Beam, TM17 - Protect, TM18 - Rain Dance, TM21 - Frustration, TM23 - Strike Down, TM26 - Earthquake, TM27 - Return, TM28 - Dig, TM32 - Double Team, TM37 - Sandstorm, TM39 - Rock Tomb, TM42 - Facade, TM44 - Rest, TM45 - Attract, TM48 - Troll, TM52 - Focus Blast, TM55 - Boiling Water, TM68 - Giga Impact, TM69 - Rock Polish, TM71 - Stone Edge, TM78 - Smooth Over, TM80 - Rock Slide, TM87 - Swagger, TM90 - Substitute, TM94 - Rock Smash, HM03 - Surf, HM04 - Strength, HM05 - Waterfall, HM06 - Dive

Egg Moves:

Water Pulse
Knock Off
Rock Throw
Slam
Iron Defense
Flail
Whirlpool
Body Slam
Bide

This Mon is not quite unique, aside from Shell Break, which only Omastar shares as far as i know. Accordong to Serebii, it lowers Defence and Sp Defence, to SHARPLY raise Attack, Defence, and Speed. However, i believe they meant Sp Attack instead of the second defense. that way it makes sense. the last 2 movesets i have to offer can use this.

However, he can run as a bulkier but less offensive Kabutops, or a wall along the lines of Skarmory, that may have lower Sp Defence, but has a 4x resistance to fire, which is the common weakness of physical walls, therefore rendering most poke's attempts to be a mixed attacker futile, as most carry fire blast

Possible movesets:

Dedicated Physical Wall:

Abagoora@ Leftovers
Solid Rock, Impish
252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk/SpD
-Toxic
-Knock Off
-Wide Guard
-Aqua Jet/Stone Edge

Classic Wall, but does not have the recovery that Skarmory has (or at least had), as well as the phazing capabilities. However, it is still very capable of being a very unexpected physical wall. Aqua Jet/Stone Edge is on this set to take advantage of his high base attack (for a wall) and prevent taunt from totally destroying you

Rest:

Abagoora@Chesto Berry/Leftovers
Solid Rock, Impish
252 Hp, 168 Def, 84 SpD
-Rest
-Toxic
-Wide Guard/Knock Off/Aqua Jet
-Wide Guard/Knock Off/Aqua Jet

Use Leftovers only if you have Heal Bell/Aromatherapy support. Aqua Jet is (once again) preferred to have on this set to take advantage of his high base attack (for a wall) and prevent taunt from totally destroying you. Stone Edge is still an option here. The reason I listed different EVs here is to offer a separate set that better takes incoming fire blasts from the more and more common fire users in the new metagame

Not-So Specially Handicapped

Abagoora@Leftovers
Solid Rock, Careful
252 Hp, 240 SpD, 16 Def
-Toxic
-Knock off
-Wide Guard
-Aqua Jet

This set should be able to take a couple special hits unexpectedly. If you so wish, a Rindo Berry may be switched in place of Leftovers to eliminate the grass weakness altogether for a turn and ice beam may be put in. in this case, a Bold nature should be used, and the defense EVs should be switched to special attack. Ice beam will replace a move of choice on this set. It could be use to counter a grass type expecting a free KO.

TankTurt

Abagoora@Leftovers/Shell Bell/Muscle Band
Solid Rock, Impish
212 Hp, 180 Atk, 116 SpD
-Curse
-Aqua Jet
-Stone Edge
-Crunch/EQ

TankTurt loves Sandstorm to boost its lower SpD. TTar can help, such as an anti-lead variant, to have it up from the get-go. This variation is obviously a Poke that can take a hit or two and fire somethin back! Crunch and EQ depend on who you fear most, POWERED UP BY CURSE (Thanx Twisted (: ). Shell Bell is listed on this set because it can actually do OK damage with its 444 Attack after a single curse, and therefore actually make use of it. i think. I dont actually know the mechanics of how much it recovers compared to damage done. EVs can be edited from SpD to Hp and Def if desired, or Atk can be further reduced to buff SpD. Another possibility is to switvch to a careful nature. It all depends on how much you value SpD

CB:

Abagoora@Choice Band
Solid Rock, Adamant
252 Hp, 252 Atk, 4 SpD
-Aqua Jet/Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Crunch

Slow, can take a hit like a champ, and makes babies cry. Abagoora has a low enough speed that any investment in it's speed other than to outpace other Abagoora futile. therefore, it's Ev's are placed in Atk (duh) and Hp, for the most survivability. The last one is put in SpD, due to it being his lower defensive stat. Aqua Jet/Waterfall for STAB, Aqua Jet is preferred here, as it bypasses his slow speed. Stone Edge and EQ for EdgeQuake coverage, and Crunch ftw.

Swimmer:

Abagoora@Damp Rock/Life Orb
Swift Swim, Jolly/Adamant
252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 Hp
-Stone Edge
-Waterfall
-Crunch/EQ
-Rain Dance/Crunch

A bulkier Kabutops that gets Crunch instead of Night Slash and has access to EQ. If Rain Dance/Drizzle Support is already on your team, run both Crunch and EQ

Pure Shell Break

Abagoora@Life Orb
Solid Rock, Jolly
252 Spe, 252 Atk // 252 Spe, 194 Atk, 64 Hp
-Shell Break
-Waterfall/Aqua Tail
-EQ/Crunch
-Stone Edge

This set takes advantage of Abagoora's semi-exclusive move. The second stat-spread is just incase you fell you need the extra 15 Hp bulk. Who knows?

Mixed Shell Break

Abagoora@Life Orb/ White Herb
Solid Rock, Naive
180 Atk, 76 SpA, 252 Spe
-Shell Break
-Surf//Waterfall/Aqua Jet
-Stone Edge//Ice Beam
-Earthquake

A mixed way to sweep the other fool's team. Use Surf with Stone Edge and Waterfall or Aqua Jet with Ice Beam. EQ is for coverage

Skinny Dipper

Abagoora@Life Orb
Swift Swim, Adamant
252 Atk, 160 Hp, 96 Spe
-Shell Break
-Stone Edge
-EQ
-Aqua Jet/Waterfall

This set is used to utilize pre-rain, and is what gives Abagoora a Shell Break advantage over Cloyster. Shell Break and Swift Swim along with with 96 Spe EVs give him 496 Speed, enough to outspeed +natured choice scarfed base 100's. Stone Edge/EQ for EdgeQuake, and Aqua Jet/Waterfall for STAB water in the rain, making a 2.25x boost. Aqua Jet is preferred to ensure non-Extremespeed priority moves dont hit it. Though, it can laugh off a NVE Extremespeed with its base 133 Def, even when -1. Waterfall should only be used if you are certain that you can eliminate all priority attackers before sending Abagoora out. 160 Hp EVs ensures that it is as bulky as possible, just in case of priority attacks that manage to hit it. Utilizing this set is simple, after the physical wall has been destroyed, send out Abagoora. From here, he can strip down to the nude with a Shell Break, and then sweep.

All in all, i love this here sea turtle. He can hit either 378 or 496 in his sweeping sets, or can become an effective wall. Granted, not QUITE as effective as Skarmory, but can resist that fire blast oh so much better. he might just have his own niche as a Skarmory replacement for a few teams in OU, even if he winds up in UU. Either way, sea turtles are badass

Woo my favorite Gen 5 monster! I'm kinda sad you didn't include a Curse set, paired with Aqua Jet, Stone Edge and EQ/Crunch, he'd be rather sexy looking.

Woo my favorite Gen 5 monster! I'm kinda sad you didn't include a Curse set, paired with Aqua Jet, Stone Edge and EQ/Crunch, he'd be rather sexy looking.
This sounds like a great idea, but I would add sp. def. investment for a little more staying power.

This sounds like a great idea, but I would add sp. def. investment for a little more staying power.
Well I didn't say anything about EVs in my post?

And I totally didn't know what Shell Break did, it raises attack, special attack and speed by 2 levels? Unless Serebii is wrong.

Well I didn't say anything about EVs in my post?

And I totally didn't know what Shell Break did, it raises attack, special attack and speed by 2 levels? Unless Serebii is wrong.
Serebii WAS wrong. they said it lowered defense and special defense by 1 stage to raise attack, defense, and speed by 2. which makes no sense. it SHOULD be attack, special attack, and speed. :)

turtle=pwn all day e'ry day. and his fireblast eating capabilities are increase if tyranitar has been sent out. awesome (sandstorm= 1.5x boost to rock-type SpD)

Serebii WAS wrong. they said it lowered defense and special defense by 1 stage to raise attack, defense, and speed by 2. which makes no sense. it SHOULD be attack, special attack, and speed. :)

turtle=pwn all day e'ry day. and his fireblast eating capabilities are increase if tyranitar has been sent out. awesome (sandstorm= 1.5x boost to rock-type SpD)
Swimming Googles + Shell Break + Sandstorm = ???

Didn't say you did; I was more thing aloud (in text).

Anyway, yeah, the curse set is pretty damn appealing in a sandstorm. Just have to watch out for all those new SS sweepers.
inb4 cursed aqua jet :P
SE STAB and boosted.... hmmm
Mole has 65 defence not boosted by sandstorm, hmmmmm
maybe?

he would've been better off as a Water Ground, but instead he gets the 4x grass, a Ground weak, a Electric weak, a Fighting weak... this is a classic case of Gamefreak pushed a crappy defensive typing on a slow defensively stat oriented pokemon...

On a side note Magcargo and Torkoal also both get shell break. Has it been confirmed to sharply raise the stats? I thought it was only one stage. Anyways..this is an amazing move and Abagoora could use it to great effect.

On a side note Magcargo and Torkoal also both get shell break. Has it been confirmed to sharply raise the stats? I thought it was only one stage. Anyways..this is an amazing move and Abagoora could use it to great effect.
Smogon and Serebii both state sharply, so I have reason to believe so.
Also, even though Macargo and Torkoal get Shell Break, They werent even UU in Gen 4. Omastar was UU, and this may bump him up a fair bit in usage. Abagoora is perfectly viable in OU, and this move gives him another epic option.

Moral of the Story, Shell Break makes OU Abagoora more OU, UU Omastar viable as a spec sweeper in OU and UU, and might make Macargo and torkoal usable in UU

I just feel for a wall, he doesn't have enough useful resists. Useful, but not guaranteed OU material. He does have that niche of being a bulky general wall, but with how hard stuff can hit now, I'll have to wait and see.

I am very interested in running the Curse set in Trick Room. Could be dangerous but I've never been impressed with Curse in TR tbh.

Typing is a tad on the bad side defensively which is somewhat disappointing.

I am very interested in running the Curse set in Trick Room. Could be dangerous but I've never been impressed with Curse in TR tbh.

Typing is a tad on the bad side defensively which is somewhat disappointing.
How is that going to be useful? By the time you're done cursing the TR will be used up.

Maaan, as someone mentioned in another thread, GF should just have switched its special stats, giving it awesome stalling capabilities in Sandstorm (including the ability to set up on shandeera). This way, though, I wouldn't know what to to with it... He's so slow that even +2 Spd wouldn't allow it to do anything.
Thus, I can only imagine it abusing its switch-in-capabilities to spam Aqua Jets, Stone Edges and Knock Off...

If you lead with this set on a pure offensive team, you will always be guaranteed either a +2/2, +2/3, or +4/4 boost to attack and speed depending on how offensive your opponent's lead is. His problem comes from not being able to counter status, and not having enough space for perfect coverage (though Aqua Jet, Return, and either Earthquake or Stone Edge does pretty well). Whatever the case, I love this guy. If only he had a little more base speed, he would actually be incredible.

Sturdy
Salac Berry/Swimming Googles
Jolly
252 Att, 252 Speed, 4HP

Aqua Jet
Earthquake/Stone Edge/Return/Waterfall
Earthquake/Stone Edge/Return/Waterfall
Shell Break

wow i haven't been paying attention till this thread until just now. This pokemon is a complete beast with solid rock and great defense. I think the curse set will be one of the best ones. i would take the attack EVs in that set and put them in special defense however since your attack will be good enough already with the curse but thats just my opinion

You missed the Swimming goggles mention on the Pure Shell Break set.

But yeah, this looks great. Can't wait to see how Shell Break plays out on different Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)