Other Metagames AAA Team

I was playing AAA and want to know if my team is good.

Salamence @ Flame Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Facade
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
Salamence is very strong and can sweep a lot of teams if I set him up. flame orb makes Facade really strong. Dragon claw is for a dragon move. Roost heals him so he can stay alive longer. dragon dance is how he sets up so he can sweep. i only use physical attacks so that it why I use attack and speed evs. aerilate makes facade a flying move which is good because salamence has bad flying moves. i use salamence to hurt other pokemon who are slower like zygarde and zarude, who are also very strong.
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
blissey is really bulky and calm mind makes it even bulkier. if i use calm mind enough, blissey can sweep the team becuase it is so tanky. shadow ball hits ghost types and is a special attack because calm minds makes special attack better. toxic is good vs other pokemon with calm mind. seismic toss his other blissey or anything that can beat shadow ball. magic guard makes it so blissey is harder to kill because the opponent cant use toxic and hurt you. i use defense evs because blissey has calm mind which helps special defense.
Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Scald
- Defog
tapu fini is really fast when it has a choice scarf. it is also pretty strong and can kill fast pokemon like barraskewda. scald hurts fire pokemon like cinderace and talonflame. trick is good because sometimes you dont want the choice scarf anymore and it gets rid of it. trick also is good because other pokemon dont want a choice scarf so you can give one to them to stop them. defog gets rid of stealth rock because they are bad for salamence. i use max speed because i want it to be faster than everything so it can kill them with the moves.
Kommo-o @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Dauntless Shield
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
kommo is really good vs physical pokemon because of how big its defense is. dauntless shield makes this even higher and makes kommo even more bulky. body press is a fighting move and is good because how big kommo o's defense is. dragon tail is a strong dragon move and stops things that are like my blissey. toxic is the same as blissey. it is very annoying for a lot of pokemon. i read that every team needs stealth rock so i put it on kommo o. kommo stops fire pokemon like cinderace and heatran for me.
Zapdos @ Life Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Thunder
zapdos is the other strong pokemon on my team. because of the rain it is like it also is water type. volt switch switches zapdos out so is very good. thunder and hurricane are very strong. they also can paralyze of confuse pokemon which is really good and it makes my opponents very mad when it happens. weather ball is also very strong. life orb makes zapdos even stronger and helps it do damage to tanky pokemon like blissey. zapdos is also very fast so i use speed evs to it can kill other pokemon better.
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- U-turn
corviknight is another very bulky pokemon. it has a weakness to electric so i use volt absorb to trick people. it is very funny when they try to hurt me and heal me :))))). brave bird is a strong move and hurts kommo and zapdos galar. roost helps it stay alive and wall other pokemon. bulk up makes it even tankier and makes brave bird do more damage. uturn lets it switch out so i can go to zapdos or salamence without them dying.

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
Hi BWithRing! I'm very happy to see that you are playing aaa and hopefully having fun. You have a pretty cool team, Salamence is a really strong breaker and you built around it pretty well. I think the structure of the team is pretty good, and most of the Pokemon fit well, however I think one or 2 need to be replaced and some of the sets need to be tweaked.

:ss/salamence:
Salamence @ Flame Orb
EVs: 228 Atk / 84 SpA / 196 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Facade
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

This set is almost identical to yours, but it has Fire Blast instead of Dragon Claw and some Special Attack EVs. Fire Blast is used because it helps you beat Corviknight much more easily. 84 EVs allow you to 2HKO Physically defensive Corviknight 100% of the time, even with Leftovers, assuming Fire Blast does not miss.

:ss/blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Teleport

Calm Mind Blissey is a cool idea, but I think a more standard set fits better on your team. Blissey also needs Soft-Boiled to properly serve its role. This set is a great pivot, which will help you get your offensive Pokemon in often to help you break through the other team.

:ss/tapu-fini:
Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 8 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Trick
- Defog

Choice Scarf Tapu Fini is another great option, I've just tweaked the EVs a little. 176 Speed lets you outspeed Barraskewda, which is the fastest thing you need to worry about. You want max HP because Tapu Fini is still a defensive Pokemon at the end of the day. 8 Special Attack EVs mean you always OHKO Terrakion after it has used Close Combat. The rest of the EVs are dumped in Defense to help it take physical attacks better.

:ss/zapdos:
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Primordial Sea
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hurricane
- Weather Ball
- Roost

Another great pick! Zapdos is a personal favorite of mine, and all I've done is change Thunder to Roost and Life Orb to Heavy-Duty Boots. Roost is pretty much necesary on Zapdos in order to keep Zapdos healthy over longer games, as that is one of its major draws. While the damage Life Orb gives is great, Heavy-Duty Boots is the more consistent option to let you switch in more freely.

Finally, while Kommo-o and Corviknight are great Pokemon, I don't think they fit on this team. In their places, I would suggest Mandibuzz and Ferrothorn.

:ss/ferrothorn:
Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 72 Def / 188 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn is a great Pokemon and also gives your team a reliable answer to Tapu Koko, which is otherwise a problem for your team. All of its move offer great utility, and while I usually opt for Spikes over Stealth Rock, I think that Stealth Rock is better here since you have 2 Defoggers.

:ss/mandibuzz:
Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Last but not least, Mandibuzz is another great Pokemon that gives your team better answers to Pokemon like Talonflame. It also gives your team a second Defogger, which is very important for teams with Salamence. Foul Play pairs really well with Unaware, as it is great at stopping Pokemon that think they can set up freely vs you.

Overall this was a really solid team and I hope you continue to enjoy AAA!
Team with changes: https://pokepast.es/c8f92524810c7a9d

Isaiah

Here today, gone tomorrow
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
UM/OM Leader
Hey! The ideas on this team are definitely a good start, but there are certainly some changes you can make to be a better fit for the metagame.

Salamence @ Flame Orb
EVs: 224 Atk / 48 Def / 88 SpA / 148 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Facade
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Same as Ducky, I prefer to run Fire coverage on my Salamence in the form of Fire Blast, making its only physical attack Facade. This is because burned Dragon Claw tends to struggle to secure KOs, whereas something like Intimidate Corviknight won't appreciate Fire Blast at all. An EV spread for this that's a bit different from the one Ducky suggested is:
224 Atk / 48 Def / 88 SpA / 148 Spe -> The defense ensures that you don't get 2HKOed by Corviknight's Brave Bird even after Flame Orb burn, the special attack makes Fire Blast a 2HKO into physical Corviknight even after their Leftovers recovery, and the speed makes sure you're still faster than Barraskewda after a Dragon Dance.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Teleport

It was already pointed out that your set was missing recovery and Teleport, but I think it's worth addressing your concern about Ghost-types. If you're really worried about something like Substitute Chandelure, you have options like clicking Volt Switch with Zapdos or Scald with Tapu Fini to break the sub, then going back into Blissey and repeating the process.

Kommo-o @ Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
- Body Press
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Dragon Tail

Kommo-o is actually a great pick for this team! The matchup versus something like Terrakion is kind of terrifying otherwise, so I've taken your Kommo-o and changed it to Regenerator so that it can last longer over the course of the game. While this does mean Close Combat is a 2HKO, you now have better synergy with your Tapu Fini to pivot Kommo-o -> Tapu Fini on Adaptability Close Combat from Terrakion. If you want even more alternatives, you can actually consider something like Leftovers and Iron Defense over Toxic to have a secondary setup Pokemon alongside the Salamence.

I modified the Tapu Fini EVs very slightly to give you just a little more physical bulk while still outspeeding Barraskewda, as well. I figure that the Zapdos and Corviknight are fine on this team otherwise! Corviknight helps you versus Tapu Koko (which would be a massive threat otherwise), and Zapdos gives you counterplay versus the odd weather team and also makes sure you have something for Talonflame. Normally I would endorse Modest Zapdos, but considering that Tapu Lele and Galarian Zapdos typically run neutral speed natures, I think you'll benefit from being faster than those sets.

Here's the team after said changes: https://pokepast.es/f98393fd2ddfcee2
Happy laddering :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)