Tournament AAA LC Tournament - Final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grim_Blazer

Banned deucer.
As promised I'm back to talk about some fun sets and teams I made but before that some general things about the meta I noticed, first off I now firmly believe that HO is by far the best type of team for this tier and nobody can convince me otherwise. An abundance of breakers has always been a defining factor of AAA, however when mixing LC in with it HO gets all of the benefits of AAA's strong breakers and all the benefits of LC's severely limited options for walls and pivots. If you also consider the fact that ferroseed, usually one of the best bulky mons in LC, gets easily trapped by any magnet pull mon then there's even fewer bulky checks than normally. Speaking of magnet pull, contrary to the opinions of a few people it is super broken idk how it ever escaped the ban hammer. If you want your team to not have to deal with any steel type other than maybe dazzling pawniard you really just need to put a magnet pull timburr or mienfoo on the team (I think timburr is better than mienfoo thanks to it being bulkier and having priority but both are broken). Timburr can genuinely beat every single steel it runs into even if its an offensive steel like magnemite with the set I spammed. You have mach punch to kill faster steels, drain punch to kill bulkier steels, bulk up if you wanna sweep or beat certain mons, and knock off for coverage and general utility. There is no steel you need to fear with timburr, especially if you pack a uturn mon somewhere.

Anyways let's get to the teams and fun sets!

:dwebble: :omanyte: :exeggcute: :timburr: :ponyta: :staryu:

Screens is so good in this meta honestly, you'll be seeing a lot of this in my teams going forward

:exeggcute:

The eggs are such AMAZING screeners, they can get it up quickly with prankster, can sleep powder almost anything in front of it, and whatever it cant sleep powder it can go boom on instead. Seriously try it out its BROKEN.

the rest of this team is pretty straightforward, shell smash is super good in this tier especially with such stellar support from the eggs so I made a team around 2 of the best smashers, dwebble and omanyte also cover each other's weaknesses pretty well and form a super nice core. Timburr is there to beat the obvious ferroseed and any other random steels that don't run dazzling, ponyta is ponyta there's not too much to say about it other than it hits hard and is good, and staryu has good coverage and power along with a good utility move in spin.

:archen: :exeggcute: :timburr: :ponyta: :pawniard: :dratini:

I have a love hate relationship with this team because on 1 hand it is pretty good and I'm proud of it, but on the other hand I threw game 2 with this team and it makes me remember that. That said though you'll notice right off the bat that the eggs and timburr are both back with the exact same sets as before, but that's because they're both broken. That said I had the idea to use special archen this game to catch people off guard in game 1 then swap back to the normal physical set in game 2, which would have worked if I didn't throw game 2 but that's a me problem. Ponyta is again the same good set I like spamming and I think everyone here understands that it's good so I don't need to say much else on that. Pawniard is a steel type so it auto loses to mag pull mons but I didn't think my opponent would bring mag pull cause it seems like I'm the only one actually using it in all my teams but even if it did run into pawniard screens would help immensely with that. Dratini was a last minute decision, replacing agility carvana with a nice priority option that had coverage to hit basically every mon for at least neutral effectiveness.

:Meowth-alola: :timburr: :mareanie: :abra: :ponyta: :morelull:

I know that I started off this post saying that HO is the way but I made this team before I realized how broken HO was, though I still think this is a super nice team. Meowth-a is a pretty scary setup sweeper that can always threaten a 100% accurate hypnosis on anything not running a scarf or priority, often forcing the opponent to sac a mon to activate sleep clause or more offensive mons to go for the speed tie. Timburr is back what a surprise, meowth and abra can't break steels super well and this invalidates them so yay. Mareanie is just here to act as a pivot and threaten status or knock off, which is does a darn good job at. Abra is another broken breaker that benefits immensely from timburr support, this mon also shores up another huge weakness of meowth-a by preventing priority like triage from checking it. Ponyta is still broken but this one is magic guard instead for a little more longevity due to the type of team I'm running. Finally we have morelull, this is yet another example of sleep being broken, prankster plus psychic surge may not be the most amazing combination to be honest but it works well on this team.

:elekid: :magnemite: :timburr: :archen: :carvanha: :salandit:

This is an old team that I haven't revisited since I started building this tier a while ago so I'll keep it brief. Elekid + magnemite is a crazy good core that takes advantage of a fast magnemite, which is always a good thing. Timburr is back yayyyyyy. Archen is the same old magic guard set to slap things hard. Scarf carv is the token ground check with a cool tech in scarf destiny bond, psychic fangs would be my go to but this team doesnt fear mareanie even a little bit so I decided to give myself an out vs random breakers. Salandit is a pretty nice breaker that, looking back could prolly be replaced with ponyta, but is still cool nonethelesss.

Now to move on to some fun sets that I didn't get to fit on any of my good teams, prepare yourself cause this is gonna be a lot of sets with little to no explanation of them.

Snover @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
Level: 5
EVs: 180 Atk / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Grassy Glide
- Ice Shard
- Swords Dance

It's swords dance grooky with extra ice coverage, it is actually pretty good too from my tests.

Mime Jr. @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 76 Def / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot

Not tested this but it's just slower abra with nasty plot

Zorua @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 36 Def / 196 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Burning Jealousy
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory

Did very little tests with this thing but now there are 3 good dark types in my eyes

Trubbish @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker / Prankster
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Atk / 20 Def / 100 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Explosion
- Corrosive Gas

If anyone needs an HO hazard setter this set is awesome, corrosive gas robs anyone trying to do funny recycle strats too but if they're sticky hold you will need mold breaker instead of prankster

Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Def / 156 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

This is a very nice set, I just didn't try that hard fit this one on a team

Onix @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Explosion / Stealth Rocks

I again didn't try too hard to fit this on a team but it was a very legit set when I was testing it

Wailmer @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 116 Atk / 196 SpA / 196 Spe
Mild Nature
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Weather Ball
- Earthquake

Rain is real and I will fight all of you to prove it

Buneary @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 228 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Double Hit
- Circle Throw
- Switcheroo

I was playing with a few sets for the bunny in my head and this one seemed neat

Buneary @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 228 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Double Hit
- Fake Out
- Work Up

here's another bunny set but I dont know if either of them are really good

Staryu @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 196 SpA / 76 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Zap Cannon
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin

Classic zap cannon blizzard

Mudbray @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- High Horsepower
- Close Combat
- Iron Head

Tried a lot of mudbray sets and this one seemed the most consistant with 2 or 3 test games on random teams

I think that's it for now, feel free to use anything here and hit me up if anyone wants to play some in this tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)