Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Make It Rain
- Nasty Plot
- Dazzling Gleam
- Shadow Ball

Life Orb build, Dazzling gleam and Nasty Plot. Boosted defenses instead of max speed. I need a safe way to boost power w/o sacrificing HP or power. Dunno what else to say about it... Tera Steel for maximized Make it Rain damage.

Amoonguss @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Clear Smog
- Pollen Puff
- Rage Powder

There for all around support. Rage Powder and Spore to annoy the opponent, and Pollen Puff to heal. I also switch around Toxic and Protect, depending on how I'm feeling that day (usually Protect). Pairs well with Grimm and Iron Hands, to Spore/Fake Out duo. Spore also helps Gholdengo set up. Bold and with Regenerator, with a sitrus berry to maximize bulkiness. Water Tera type for a defense move (tho I rarely do it).

Iron Hands @ Assault Vest
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Ice Punch

I have a lot of issues with Iron Hands. Bcz of it's terrible Sp.D, I need to put AV on it, but I wanted Booster Energy. Carries the usual build, Fake Out/ Wild Charge/ Drain Punch/ Protect. Brave with maxed HP. Grass tera for defense (I do this quite often!).

Garchomp (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Poison Jab
- Rock Slide

Adamant nature and is there to do damage. Earthquake/Outrage/Rock Slide, and I swap around Liquidation and Poison Jab. I gave her a Rocky Helmet to help with contact damage. Max Atk, and the rest is 80% Speed 20% SpD. Ground tera for mild defense and extra Earthquake damage, Steel for defense.

Chi-Yu @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beads of Ruin
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Heat Wave
- Tera Blast

Although I don't have this Pokemon in game, I've quickly grown fond of it. Beads of Ruin is so useful, and paired it with a C Scarf and I almost always attack first. Tera Fairy for defense and offensive pressure with Tera Blast. It also carries Heat Wave and Dark Pulse. Fire Blast, too, when I'm feeling lucky. Timid nature, of course. It's goal is to outspeed everything, including Iron Bundle.

Grimmsnarl @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Fake Out
- Parting Shot

My usual lead, carrying a Light Clay Screen build. Also has Fake Out and Parting Shot to maximize the flinching. Careful, and with a max Defense instead of Special. Pairs well with literally anyone but Garchomp. Steel Tera type for defense (again, I never do this)

Last edited by a moderator:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Hi StabbyBosscat13 , welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this. Also, feel free to PM me if you need help or have any question. Have a nice day!

To PM someone on Smogon, go over their name on any of their post. It will display a little pop-up with a summary of their profile. Then, hit the "Start conversation" button and you will be able to write a PM just like you write a regular thread.

Why did you choose this Pokemon?
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it?
What are all 4 moves for?

Cool avy tho

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Thread is unlocked, updated with descriptions and Pokepaste given via PM.

PikaSpark

sad emoji
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey, something i noticed that looks REALLY out of place is :Garchomp:'s place on the team. You have multiple ground-weak pokemon. :Gholdengo:, :Chi-Yu: and :Iron Hands: do not have Protect, nor do they have Tera Flying to compensate. So the first blatantly-obvious change I'd make is to remove :Garchomp: altogether, and replace it with something that can offer some speed control. (I actually made a super similar team today, and DOU room gave me some pointers. They can work on your team as well, read on) Try using Tailwind :Hydreigon: or Icy Wind :Iron Bundle:

Then, I think a couple of moveset changes could be beneficial.
1) :Gholdengo:: Protect>Dazzling Gleam, Tera Water>Tera Steel (slightly more optional but good change in my opinion)
Nasty Plot Gholdengo wants to try and position correctly to fire off powerful attacks, and Protect is a vital piece that helps it do exactly that. Dazzling Gleam does have some merit in hitting things like hydreigon and iron hands for super effective, but thats a something you'd consider on Choice Specs sets, not this Nasty Plot one. Trust me, you'll get much much more out of using Protect. Tera Water is more optional, but in my personal experience, resisting Fire and getting out of the Ground weakness and such is so much better than increasing your damage output.

2) :Iron Hands:: changing the moveset to a Swords Dance set to take advantage of Screens.
To fit the general idea of Screens better (aka setting up with the added longevity), I think Swords Dance on Iron Hands can do quite well.
The set down below is the most common one, but I've seen some people use 76 Atk Evs with Adamant to OHKO Gholdengo with +2. (if you do this rip your evs out from defense. btw, 8 speed lets you creep other iron hands (but 4 spe evs might be enough))
Iron Hands @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 Def / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Protect

3):Grimmsnarl:: Spirit Break>Fake Out OR Parting Shot
So here's the rule you should always try to live by; a pokemon needs to be able to do damage in at least some way. Getting chip/sp.atk drop is what you usually get out of Spirit Break, but also keep in mind there are quite many Fairy weaks in the tier. Whether you sacrifice Fake Out or Parting Shot is up to you.

Other than that i guess maybe Tera Grass or Tera Ghost might be the more optimal tera for chi-yu, and then you probs might like snarl over fire blast but eh I'll just leave it at that. (if you decide to go Ghost Tera, do not run Tera Blast, run something like Overheat or Will-O-Wisp or wutever idk)

Hey, something i noticed that looks REALLY out of place is :Garchomp:'s place on the team. You have multiple ground-weak pokemon. :Gholdengo:, :Chi-Yu: and :Iron Hands: do not have Protect, nor do they have Tera Flying to compensate. So the first blatantly-obvious change I'd make is to remove :Garchomp: altogether, and replace it with something that can offer some speed control. (I actually made a super similar team today, and DOU room gave me some pointers. They can work on your team as well, read on) Try using Tailwind :Hydreigon: or Icy Wind :Iron Bundle:

Then, I think a couple of moveset changes could be beneficial.
1) :Gholdengo:: Protect>Dazzling Gleam, Tera Water>Tera Steel (slightly more optional but good change in my opinion)
Nasty Plot Gholdengo wants to try and position correctly to fire off powerful attacks, and Protect is a vital piece that helps it do exactly that. Dazzling Gleam does have some merit in hitting things like hydreigon and iron hands for super effective, but thats a something you'd consider on Choice Specs sets, not this Nasty Plot one. Trust me, you'll get much much more out of using Protect. Tera Water is more optional, but in my personal experience, resisting Fire and getting out of the Ground weakness and such is so much better than increasing your damage output.

2) :Iron Hands:: changing the moveset to a Swords Dance set to take advantage of Screens.
To fit the general idea of Screens better (aka setting up with the added longevity), I think Swords Dance on Iron Hands can do quite well.
The set down below is the most common one, but I've seen some people use 76 Atk Evs with Adamant to OHKO Gholdengo with +2. (if you do this rip your evs out from defense. btw, 8 speed lets you creep other iron hands (but 4 spe evs might be enough))
Iron Hands @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 Def / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Wild Charge
- Protect

3):Grimmsnarl:: Spirit Break>Fake Out OR Parting Shot
So here's the rule you should always try to live by; a pokemon needs to be able to do damage in at least some way. Getting chip/sp.atk drop is what you usually get out of Spirit Break, but also keep in mind there are quite many Fairy weaks in the tier. Whether you sacrifice Fake Out or Parting Shot is up to you.

Other than that i guess maybe Tera Grass or Tera Ghost might be the more optimal tera for chi-yu, and then you probs might like snarl over fire blast but eh I'll just leave it at that. (if you decide to go Ghost Tera, do not run Tera Blast, run something like Overheat or Will-O-Wisp or wutever idk)
Thanks for the input. I'll definitely take the
1676643051408.png
advice into account. TBH, though, I've been thinking about replacing it. Any suggestions?
Anyhoo, This is just one version of the team. Often,
1676643075591.png
will have the AV and
1676643092648.png
has BE, allowing him to have Protect and sometimes Swords Dance. My main Tera Pokemon are
1676643137676.png
and
1676643109781.png
, and both of their tera types compliment their weaknesses. Maybe I'll replace Garchomp with
1676643155506.png
, but I'd really prefer another physical attacker. Can any current psuedos be phys and set tailwind??
I've been thinking of replacing Fake Out with Spirit Break anyway, so thanks, I needed a second opinion.
All in all, this is really good advice! Sorry, but I think Chi-Yu is perfect as is, LOL. It's never let me down.

PikaSpark

sad emoji
is a Tiering Contributor
Thanks for the input. I'll definitely take the View attachment 492792 advice into account. TBH, though, I've been thinking about replacing it. Any suggestions?
Anyhoo, This is just one version of the team. Often, View attachment 492794 will have the AV and View attachment 492796 has BE, allowing him to have Protect and sometimes Swords Dance. My main Tera Pokemon are View attachment 492800 and View attachment 492798, and both of their tera types compliment their weaknesses. Maybe I'll replace Garchomp with View attachment 492801, but I'd really prefer another physical attacker. Can any current psuedos be phys and set tailwind??
I've been thinking of replacing Fake Out with Spirit Break anyway, so thanks, I needed a second opinion.
All in all, this is really good advice! Sorry, but I think Chi-Yu is perfect as is, LOL. It's never let me down.
If you're looking for something similar to Hydreigon that is Physical and sets Tailwind, then I'd direct you to using Roaring Moon. Something like Acrobatics/Throat Chop/Tailwind/Protect has worked out for me decently, Tera Flying is the usual choice, and with Booster Energy. Taunt is another option too. (You can get the speed booster if you invest 220 Atk only, dump the remaining into HP.)
Edit: btw I still strongly suggest Snarl on Chi-Yu, its super useful (probs more than Fire Blast)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)