A Sun Series team made under 5 minutes, is it at least decent?

Choice Scarf Protect Garchomp is not ideal.
If Choice Scarf Garchomp is working for you and you don't know what else to run, try Poison Jab to hit Xerneas or Sleep Talk to take Spores.
I'd also run a Fire-type attack on Palkia over Ice Beam since you already hit opposing dragons with Spacial Rend and the rare Landorus-T with Hydro Pump. Killing Ferrothorn and Kartana would help your team a lot.

As a whole, I don't think that Ice-type coverage is very important in this format so you might want to run something else on the Cresselia. Maybe a STAB to hit Amoonguss which can be a problem for Trick Room tactics like yours.

Losing those Ice Beams would make you even weaker to opposing Yveltal than you already are, so I'd think about running a powerful fairy to kill those. Probably over the Conk.

Even if you keep those Ice Beams, your Yveltal matchup is bad so I'd work on that.

Last edited:
Thats the downside of trying to get the team as quickly as possible, you dont even notice nonense like Scarf Portect Garchomp lol
Thanks a lot, I will try to improve it as youve said

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
first off pls don't post teams you just came up with here, at least try them on ps if possible

considering the team, one thing it has a problem with is being threatening from turn 1. your two main methods of speed control, cress and scarf chomp, are super passive: cress can be taunted or faked out, and scarf chomp is going to be forced out a lot because you get locked into a move.

you have no fake out, so barring scarf chomp something like koko can just go ham (and even then they can have intimidate to weaken eq). palkia and necro are good sweepers but without sufficient support they'll just get outsped every time.

the team is also relatively passive aside from the legends, with cress putting in no work because no helping hand, conk having a mediocre amount of power, amoonguss being shut down by taunt/terrain, and chomp being unusable in tr and not wanting to lock itself into any move.

chomp in general looks kind of weird on this team. it's a pretty bad mon compared to other fast stuff so i'm not sure what the justification to run it over something else is here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)