A Little Evil: Dark-types in LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure how I go about this before, I've written for The Smog before, but not made pitch of my own yet.

Basically, I just want to go about talking about the prominent Dark-types in Little Cup and talk about their role in the metagame, similar to the other articles that analyse typing in their respective metagames.

In the first paragraph, I will go over how Dark-type was changed in Gen VI (Steel nerf, Fairy types) and explain how many Dark moves are useful and have good effects. I'll also go over what dark types threaten in the metagame.

I'll then write a few paragraphs of each Pokemon going over their role in teams, what they do, and what threatens them.

These are the Pokemon I'll write about:
• Pawniard
• Vullaby
• Houndour
• Stunky
• Carvanha
• Scraggy
• Purrloin
• Inkay

I'll then go over what counters Dark-types have, stuff like Timburr, Mienfoo, Spritzee, etc

I hope that's enough information for you, if you have any more questions, then I can clear anything up. I've played with and against all of these Pokemon and I know what they all do, plus I'm a pretty prominent member of the LC community, so I hope you'll let me write this.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We've actually had an applicayion of this topic before, here's how it went down:

I dont think its necessarily a bad idea, but do question it a little. Pokemon like Pawniard, Scraggy, Carvanha, and Houndour have pretty well-known playstyles and I'm pretty sure Pawniard, Houndour, Vullaby, and Knock Off have been featured in articles already.
I don't think there is enough fresh content for this topic simply because the main Pokemon you would be talking about here have either already been covered in recent articles (such as Pawniard and Vullaby) or have been good from the start without any changes to their approach due to the metagame shifts, so everyone already knows what they're capable of (Carvanha, Houndour, and Scraggy).

Literally the only Dark-type in the current metagame in LC worth writing about that doesn't apply to the above filters is Stunky, which can switch into both Abra and Gastly while walling all of their attacks and then Pursuit-trap them, killing them both in one hit unless they have Focus Sash.
blizzardy and Goddess Briyella are still free to have their say, but I don't think anything has changed.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Yea, this particular idea isn't very good for an article at this time for the reasons mentioned above. We actually have quite a handful of a Little Cup projects in the works right now, but if you get with me later, I'll help you think of an idea that hasn't been touched on yet (if you don't think of one yourself). The topics are kind of picked over, unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)