Denied A Handy Guide to Getting RoomAuth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psych

Formerly Royal Pains
I know Darnell already did a promotion series of sorts, but auth in specific rooms is a lot different from global auth. While some of the points may be the same, there are glaring differences.

While writing this I will take time and look into every promotion within rooms, Voice, Driver, and Moderator, and mini guides to presenting yourself as a user capable of handling said positions. I will look at how your activity inside and outside the room affects your chances of being promoted. For example, if a user is a great chat presence in one room, but goes and trolls and spams other rooms, this deteriorates your opportunities. I will look at how your chat presence, inactivity, and general behavior can hinder or help you. I will also take some time and give brief descriptions of the responsibilities that each position has.

While I do understand that the command, !faq staff, exists. This article will be more in depth than the faq staff page, since it includes guides to each rank. If I write this article and we deem it too close to the faq staff page, we can shelve it later on in the process.

Thanks!

Could you provide us a sample of what you plan on writing to show that it will seperrate itself from other articles (like Darnell's) and so we could get an idea about what types of sections and writing will be in it? All we need is a brief summary of each section you intend on writing.

Psych

Formerly Royal Pains
oky doky,

Voices: This would be the easiest to write upon since there is so much material to go off of. First I would guide them to picking a room they enjoy so they can thoroughly enjoy the chat. I would present what a prototypical voice candidate is (Not using real examples of course) and give the good qualities that you would need to have in the room. Then I would jump into the potential bad signs that would hinder the potential promotion, quality problems, quantity problems, etc. I would also make clear that while voices represent the room, and must be trusted not to (insert trolling/spamming/etc.) in other rooms. I would give the things voices can do, which is not much, but could be key to know. I would basically be giving a guide on being a better user and being more qualified for voice. (This would include a paragraph or two to presenting yourself as a candidate without hindering yourself with minimodding and greetbotting, 2 of the things that personally annoy me the most)

Driver: I would write this one as a more detailed guide, and since they have already read the previous blurb on how to be better users, this would be focused on maturity and handling oneself properly under any circumstance. While this seems to fall under the "Being better users" category, it is more maturity in pressured circumstances. The maturity needed for the jump from voice to driver is immense, so I would emphasize that. I would also give a brief guide on the responsibilities of being a driver, such as muting and/or handling the quality of chat, guiding chat to and from different subjects, being active in staff chat, and keeping within policy.

Moderator: This would be the quickest to write up. Moderators should be, very active in chat, very active in staff convos, lead conversations, be experienced, etc. I would go into more detail about the maturity needed, but Moderator is not too much above driver and thus would not garner an extremely long blurb.

Hope this helps define what I would write about.

Hi there Psych!

What you're suggesting seems awfully similar to an article I've already written several issues ago. It seems that the only difference that I'm seeing here is that your article idea is going more into detail into how to get them, but going by the wording, it really doesn't seem all too different than what I've written--just describing what the ranks and their responsibilities are--along with some general tips on promoting users to said position as well as what to look for. All of that stuff is included in said article, so I don't really see a whole lot of room for this idea to "breathe" so to speak.

I'm turning this down mainly for a few reasons:

- Too similar to the guides we already have
- What you have presented so far seems rather flat, but that's just me. Articles need substance, they need meat with those bones, you know (cheesy way to word it, but its the best advice I can give).
- Getting roomauth is not rocket science, to put it bluntly. One article should be enough to cover everything, and if they take a look at Darnell's article, they should figure out how to be an outstanding candidate, anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion though. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)