Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Raikou @ Leftovers
- Crunch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Thunder

This team doesn't really fend well vs Zapdos, so here's the appropriate counter.

Mewtwo @ Leftovers
- Ice Beam / Fire Blast
- Selfdestruct
- Submission
- Thunder

All-out attacker/suicude bomber. I just need him to put a dent in things for Aero/Mew to finish off. Torn between the first slot. Ice Beam does fine and hits Zapdos hard, but Fire Blast hits Forretress/Steelix/Celebi Super Effective all at the same time. I'm particularly not fond of Forry here, and I'd just like a deterrent for Steelix's Explosion.

Mew @ Leftovers
- Explosion
- Shadow Ball
- Submission
- Swords Dance

Cleaner.

Umbreon (M) @ Leftovers
- Baton Pass
- Curse
- Mean Look
- Rest

Pass Curses to Aero/Mew/Mewtwo, or pass Mean Look to Celebi. It's me. I had to do it.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Leftovers
- Curse
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Rest
- Whirlwind / Earthquake

Someone mentioned Zapdos was the best Curse Lugia/Ho-oh counter in the metagame. Aero does a good job as well, with the added role of taking on Curselax (and technically BD lax, but has to watch for Lovely Kiss), Curse Mewtwo, and SD Mew (though I did get screwed by Rock Slide once). Haven't experimented with Earthquake, but I recalled that it was there, so I threw it in for consideration.

Celebi @ Leftovers
- Heal Bell
- Leech Seed
- Perish Song
- Recover

What do you think?

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Don't use Aerodactyl. It's not countering anything. Go with Lugia Lugia Lugia there.

With Explosion, Mew is a wallbreaker, not a cleaner. Be sure to play it aggressively, especially since you have Heal Bell to back it up in case of para/burn. It's not RBY Tauros, it's closer to RBY Snorlax. If anything, Lugia is the ultimate cleaner.

Go Ice Beam on Mewtwo. Zapdos is too nasty to just let switch in on Mewtwo, and having an accurate move to hit Lugia with is always nice. Furthermore, Celebi stalls out Fire Blast's PP if you don't hit it on the switch, plus Steelix takes enough from IB and doesn't really have all that strong an Explosion anyway. Also Forry probably has pretty marginal utility, I don't see Spikes being impactful enough to be worth giving up its Poke-slot, much less Mewtwo's IB moveslot (especially when Forr has plenty of other oppotunities to set up Spikes anyway).

You may want to consider Dpunch > Submission on Mewtwo, too. I mean Submission works when it comes to deterring Snorlax and Ttar, but if you're lucky Dpunch is even better and can buy you turns. It's not like Submission is the paragon of reliability anyway. This isn't a hard suggestion, just a thing to think about, especially since Mewtwo isn't Cursing.

Umbreon isn't passing anything without Confuse Ray or Sand-Attack. You have to give up either ML or Curse to do it. Give up Curse if anything, and Sand-Attack is probably better than CRay so that you can force standard Curse Lugia out after Raikou is gone and screw over Explosion/SelfDestruct users. Also, another thing to just "think about": you may want to consider Moonlight to stop it from being dead weight while asleep. I mean I know you have Heal Bell anyway and 8PP sucks, but still.

Reflect > Crunch on Raikou might be a good idea, too, to deter Exploders from Exploding. Crunch lets you beat Celebi with FPs, crits, and Special Falls, but that's a long shot. Losing the accurate hit to finish off Mew and paralyzed Mewtwo might be unfun, though, and a chance to force Celebi out is better than nothing, so again, this is just something to "think about". Maybe Reflect > Sleep Talk could work too...

yea, Aero isn't really walling Lugia, it can just phaze aero away and keep cursing up. +1 Lugia only takes 25% from hprock at most. And most Ho-ohs run thunder anyway.

Lugia is better than Aerodactyl (can't believe that sentence came out with a straight face).

And snorlax over Raikou.

Jorgen

World's Strongest Fairy
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Raikou gives him a more solid Lugia check whereas Snorlax leaves him with...Umbreon? Also I guess Psong Celebi works short-term, too. If anything I'd put Lax over Mewtwo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)