A Brief History of Smogon Pathfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
As mafia dwindles in popularity, Pathfinder on Smogon has been increasing in popularity for two years now. I've heard many requests from players to do an article in the Smog, with the purpose of more outreach. We're now at a stable enough point with enough game masters that I feel it is appropriate.

Pathfinder is a form of Dungeons & Dragons, and currently the most popular form. In the article I will give a brief discussion of Smogon's history with the game.

I will talk about the Philosopher's Stone War, a battle royale where players use mythical and historical characters and fight against each other. I'll talk about some of the high and low points of each of the three wars so far (like Lightwolf's final battle again IPL in PSWI, or the Ginganinga's dragon incident from PSWII). I'll also talk about some of the exciting new changes going into PSWIV (hosted by Aura Guardian), including room for more players.

I will then talk about Pathfinder Society, a sort of Pathfinder MMO. It is particularly for the needs of website like Smogon, since there is no commitment past playing a single scenario at a time. We currently have four game masters, so we have plenty of room for curious new players. Whether we get smogoners who have always been curious about d20 gaming, or experienced Pathfinders who just don't visit Circus Maximus, I think the time is right for this kind of article.

If it goes over well, I can in the future write articles helping beginners into the society, and I know a few others would love to write about PSW.

Thank you for your consideration.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'll leave this one for jumpluff to answer, since she's much more situated with Circus than I. However, I personally love articles like this. They're a great way of showing off all the cool things going on in our community. If pluff approves, then yes please let's do this. Thanks for the initiative, vonFiedler =)

Approved! I've played in some of the games, in fact. There's not really much to say here, except that I'm glad this is finally getting written, and I trust you to do a great job, von. I don't think you have access to the Article Workshop, so please apply here with a mention that I approved you.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thanks, I applied. You're always welcome back to anything we do, perhaps Pathfinder Society would work better for you.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
You're approved! You can see the Article Workshop subforum now. Lurk around a little bit there to get a feel for what we do. Once you're ready, post in What Are We Doing (WAWD) that you're writing this article. Two rules:

1) Don't leak our stuff. We don't reveal information for the upcoming release. This includes art and writing. However, feel free to come to #thesmog to discuss your article idea if you like. You can also post for feedback in your thread if you so desire.

2) Get your stuff done on time. WAWD has the next release date (February 3rd), so make sure to adhere to that. We want to make sure our artists' work gets used, to please take any measures necessary to finish.

Let me know if you have any questions. If you want to write for us in the future, let us know and we can approve your article idea again. Good to have you on board =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)