A Bone to Pick -- Skulloton discussion

K i just found a qay to further extend TGM's combo, here it goes-

On KD-> C-Rang (for the backswing hit) -> crossup jC -> 5b -> (backswinghits) -> 5b -> 5abac -> jc -> 5c -> b-rang -> and so on so forth
Backswing rangs can actually get more complex than just an extra 5b, but so far timing them reliably has been tricky outside of the corner, and there i can only ensure bonus dmg and no tricky setups.

Sup ya'll...new here...but I've been playing this game for the past few days and have found some sick stuff. I scanned this thread and didn't see this combo so here goes...

j.c,5a,5a,5b/5c,A-bullet punch,Super,5c,B-bonerang,X-bone club=20 Hits (not sure if this is corner only, but that is where I did it)

^that 1 does about 50% damage and just looks sexy IMO...lol

In fact, X-Boneclub will connect after most 5c,B-bonerang juggles...

For example: j.c,5ABAC,2c,5c,B-bonerrang,X-boneclub << This one also does almost 50% damage and of course there is variations like adding extra 2c's and what not....and of course I'm sure it will connect after other juggles as well. Have fun!

Will update if I find more!

Nice find, Boss. You've hit upon the issue of scaling there, in that both combos do roughly the same damage, but the first requires a full super bar as well as proximity to the wall. Incidentally, if you're confident you can hit confirm it, you replace the light attacks after the jump in with 5C>5C>Bullet Punch. Less scaling and it hurts!

I've been trying to toy around with reset opportunities from the target combo. So far I've found (launcher)>j.a works well. As soon as you land, hold forward for a tic to walk under them before they land and you'll be on their opposite side. If you don't move forward you'll be in front. I'm not sure if it's worth it when you can guarantee some pretty big juggle damage, but it's something to consider if you're like me and not always confident with your timing.

When are you free? I'd like to get some matches with you some time.

Yea I see what you mean with the scaling. Gotta admit, it IS sexy though...lol. You're also right about 2 5C's in the beginning of the combo. I didn't even think about using that 1,nice.I just found a better alternative to that combo thats pretty nice....launcher>walkforward>2C>5C>B-bonerang>X-boneclub.Also very sexy and no meter needed...lmao.But as far as the reset,have you tried launcher>dash underneath>2A/2B>ambiguous j.b. crossup I've only used this against the CPU,but it looks like it could be pretty nasty.

I'm free whenever bro,just lemme know when ur usually on and we can get it in. But hate to say it....ur gonna have to walk me through getting online.I've only had the game a few days and have yet to try online.I'm also not to familiar with port fowarding.But let me know man!

I find it hard to land much after a launcher>dash forward other than a 5C.

But yeah, I'm usually in the chat afternoons EST.

The timing for the reset isnt to bad...I found that 2B is a little easier than 2A.The trick is to delay the 2A/2B a little bit. Also, I was playing around with it and noticed after the launcher if you hit 3C, he will slide underneath them and cross under, BUT..if you wait a split second until they are about 2 fall from the peak of their juggle,take a step foward and THEN hit 3C...Skull will slide underneath..HIT the opponent with the juggle and STILL cross under them. The timing is a little tricky, but it looks to be a solid mixup.

I'm gonna head to the chat now and see if ur on.

Various new bone thoughts:

Standing normals-
5A- Basic jab. fast and leads to his launcher combo, but otherwise meh.
5B- 5A with more range. leads to A or B bullet punch and not much else.
5C- Still an awesome antiair and might still be good in combo's, but its knockback has been upped greatly.

Crouching-
2A-Chains into itself, 2B, 5B, and most importantly 5A and the full launcher combo
2B- I have no idea what to use this for currently.
2C- Very slow low hit, but can lead to some nice juggle damage before. With his combo's reworked it might not be quite as deadly, but still very painful. Extremely slow though to the point that only a rang can combo it.

Jumping-
jA- Decent air to air. Mainly used for combos. Probably should never be used for a grounded opponent.
jB- Amazing move. Good for combo's, but more importantly great for mixup. Huge hitbox.
jC- Doesn't cross up as well as it used to and now it ends combos, but still his most painful jump in and a very nice hitbox on it. Seems especially good for corner mixup.

Command-
3A- Extremely good low. Very long range, good spacing and nice for combo extensions.
3B- Fast kick. Useless in combo's except as a last hit, but does a nice job of helping you space and get in safely.
3C- Bone's sweep. Since 2C is so slow use this when you want a knockdown.
j4B- Sim arms. Obviously great spacers and seems like it actually can start combo's. Decently useful after launcher since it leaves opponent in bad position.
5ABAC(launcher)- Canned combo that leads to nice damage and setups and is a huge part of bones gameplay. If you don't throw the C it can lead to nice pressure as delaying the timing can let you cancel into other normals.

Special-
Bonerang- bout the same as before. A version for combo's, and use others as necessary for setups and zoning. Of note is the X version which hits going out and then can still hit coming back. Any combo you end with A bone can end with X and net you dmg+setup.

Club- Still the same. I don't get the X version so far. Seems worthless other than being faster. I'm probably missing something.

Bulletpunch- A punch leads to super, C punch has great range and pushes opponent to the corner for real pain. B version.....i don't know why you'd use B. X seems mostly like it's for zoning wars. Basically like 3B but with more priority. Seems awful in combo's.

Skullbash- X bash might be useful for tricks. That's about it.

Super-
The last hit doesn't do quite as much dmg anymore, but it's still an awesome super. You can combo into it, and out of it, and it takes a ton of life. I never find myself using skulls ability simply because this thing is so awesome.

Overall-
X moves don't seem to matter to him other than rang and maybe one of the others for wakeup options. Normal rebalancing means his combos are a little more...creative and it seems he's still godly if he gets you in the corner.

Normal rebalancing means his combos are a little more...creative and it seems he's still godly if he gets you in the corner.
'Creative'. Tactful choice of words.

Maybe this is just a reflection of how I tend to play him, but I find his walk speed, grab range, and the nature of his jabs make him one of the most adept at tickthrows in the game. It's how I get half of my damage when playing close mix up. It helps also that his dial-a-combo can be stopped at any time to attempt a throw.

Incidentally, his canned combo got a minor addition in terms of optional finishers. It isn't anything fancy, but I was wondering if anyone had found it just yet.

'Creative'. Tactful choice of words.

Maybe this is just a reflection of how I tend to play him, but I find his walk speed, grab range, and the nature of his jabs make him one of the most adept at tickthrows in the game. It's how I get half of my damage when playing close mix up. It helps also that his dial-a-combo can be stopped at any time to attempt a throw.

Incidentally, his canned combo got a minor addition in terms of optional finishers. It isn't anything fancy, but I was wondering if anyone had found it just yet.
His throw game is certainly huge. The new backthrow animation allows for some nice cross up games and his front throw still allows for a free C rang setup

I certainly haven't found any new finisher, but it's hard for me to find new stuff on this input limited keyboard.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I noticed the new finishers during my Arcade Sweatin' runs with Voodoom. He can now use quite a few other moves to end a 5ABA(C) chain.

Skull corner infinite. Happened in sweating vs Gem and Oak so i don't know if that'll change things or not.

Opponent in corner(by the end of the combo, so it can start outside of it)
launcher, jb, hold forward and hit C.

Literally just hold down forward and hit C. I got the combo meter to go to over 9000 and killed oak in one combo with this. I believe it was 60 some kicks to the head.

Oh my that is really easy. I personally did it with 2c, bonemerang, repeated 6c, but this is definitely a problem regardless. Maybe cause a juggle counter for that move?

Ah yeah...thanks guys. That's pretty gross and will need to be looked at. I thought by having the kick knock them farther, such problems would be resolved. But for now it looks like Skull is the easy corner infinite guy of the cast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)