Denied ______'s Experiences with The Player (interview btw)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Introduction

Intro of what this article is and who I'm interviewing

Flavor

insert flavor here

Interview

I'd interview ___ and ask them what they've enjoyed about being a part of the player, some troubles that they've had (possibly), and why they enjoy being part of the player​

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
I was planning on doing someone who has been with the player for a while, so you, antemortem, or just an artist or someone known for their html, such as timbuktu

Antemortem, are you interested in doing this? I'd rather kinda be last, here. Also, is this going to be a series, because we already have staff interviews and Ask The Admins, so this might be a bit much. D: But I'll wait for Ante/@Spydreigon's comments before really deciding.

What's the point of this interview? We already have quite a few interviews, and to be honest they give us all the feedback we really need on any user. I'm not really sure how your interview will set apart from the others, since there really isn't much to even say. We approve articles that are good, then we watch over progress and comment when it's needed/update stuff (there's a lot more but generalizing here). The stuff we do isn't nearly as exciting to make a quality interview about it, and it would just turn talking about how we enjoy it the majority of the time, and that isn't really something a reader is interested in. Even if you go off of an htmler like Timbuktu, there's even less to ask about. He reserves articles, he writes htmls based off the thread, done. I'm not sure if this is something the average user would really care about to be honest, they care about who that specific member is and what they've accomplished, which is what the Staff and RO interviews do.

It's an interesting idea, but honestly not worth it at this time. Even if we were to consider it in the future, I'd rather someone who's more experienced with The Player and PS in general interview them.

EDIT: Reading it over, this sounds a bit harsher than I intended it to be. It's definitely not a bad idea, just not one worth considering currently.

Last edited:
Ah, I almost forgotten the stance that I took regarding these kinds of cookie-cutter interviews. Right, so here's the thing:

I'm personally not a fan of these types of interviews. Not only are they way too ridiculously easy content-wise, but as far as effort is concerned, you won't even really have to use that much to create these kinds of interviews. You just c/p their responses, add a bit of flavour, and bam, you're done. This would make sense for things such as Staff Interviews whereas the recipient is a global staff member, but really, in regards to any other kinds of articles, it gets tiring to read, and we don't want to bog down our readership more than we are with constant interviews. Not only that, but I'd want more effort to be put into these interviews, for them to explain the person being interviewed and what makes them special, etc. Give more of an informative background, don't let the interview do all of the work for you, because that's just really lame.

But that's just about it. Don't take this personally or anything, like I said, these are my own feelings regarding the standard interviews and, currently, we're full enough with them as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)