National Dex 6 AM: Anti-stall bloodmoon ft. baxcalibur and HO abusers

Anti-stall bloodmoon HO (pokepast.es)

Team:

:Ursaluna-bloodmoon:
The mon I wanted to build around. Hyperoffense has a hard time with well-constructed fat, as few stallbreakers can cover everything stall throws at you. Moreover, Mlop has been seeing less usage on fat, so I decided to use taunt moonlight bloodmoon. This has a lot of favourable traits, being very bulky under screens, taking around 40% from Supereffective attacks under screens. Moreover, with access to taunt, it already makes a stall matchup favourable. What makes it so great is the breaking power of constant bloodmoons with mind's eye, and earth powers hitting the steels and rocks that resist normal. Bloodmoon already possesses nuclear firepower, and stall can still chip it down, so moonlight assists us. The EVS guarantee outspeeding blissey, and allow seismic toss to be a 5HKO. The speed allows us to taunt to prevent toxics and deny recovery.

Some calcs:
252+ SpA Ursaluna-Bloodmoon Blood Moon vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 199-235 (27.8 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ SpA Ursaluna-Bloodmoon Tectonic Rage (175 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Blissey: 249-294 (34.8 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

:Ursaluna-bloodmoon: :Tapu Koko:

Standard screens, tera flying to beat lando lol. The evs are to maximise damage, even as a support mon. Moves are the standard offensive support set.

:Ursaluna-bloodmoon: :Tapu Koko: :Volcarona:

Volcarona is still a great setup abuser, serving as a wincon for the team, after all, every screens team needs 2 wincons in my opinion. Tera ground hp ground can bruise through heatran, and a timid volcarona is still bulky enough under screens anyway. I opted for roost over bug buzz, as bug buzz hits like, a few dark and psychic types. Most darks beat it anyway. and the 2 psychics in ND OU are neutral to bug.

:Ursaluna-bloodmoon: :Tapu Koko: :Volcarona: :Iron Valiant:

The specs set is less common than the life orb or BE sets, but this set packs amazing firepower, and breaks difficult mons with a trick. Thunderbolt, Moonblast and Aura sphere abuse valiant's excellent STAB combo and the power of terrain to deal damage, and offer great coverage. This serves as a speed mon that can break walls.

:Ursaluna-bloodmoon: :Tapu Koko: :Volcarona: :Iron Valiant: :Baxcalibur:

A setup sweeper that only got better with DLC, scale shot SD bax allows for sweeps or at least broken holes if positioned well. The only thing the set lacks is recovery, but it still has good bulk for an offensive mon, and can tank a few hits. The SR weakness really lets it down tho.

:Ursaluna-bloodmoon: :Tapu Koko: :Volcarona: :Iron Valiant: :Baxcalibur: :Sneasler:

We've all seen this before, and no Terrain team is finished without it. A secondary physical wincon, revenge killer and wallbreaker allows it to clean in the late game. The only issue is that it is not that much of a threat if koko is dead and terrain isn't up, being easily picked off, and having a very weak acrobatics.

Replays: None lol for now. I made a new account and I will try and get on the board.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)