Approved 5 Types of Bad Users You'll See on Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The title basically explains what this article will be about. It'll be great I promise

Note that this is for entertainment purposes, not encouragement for a cause lol

Intro Stuff

1. The Troll
- Don't let your new users near this guy
- LOVES Skill Swap
- What?!?! I have to wait TWO WHOLE DAYS for the server to restart before I can access it again??? I'm calling the police

2. The Spammer
- Vocabulary: consists of words found scribbled in middle school bathroom stalls
- Either has the IQ of a donkey or that of a CIA forensic hacker, but eventually fails either way
- Has no life

3. The Ignorant
- Forgets there are chat rules
- Forgets there are social and behavioral rules
- Forgets he was muted 2 minutes ago and breaks the same rule again
- Is a goldfish

4. The Hipster
- Hates Smogon and every part of it
- Hates tiers and bias towards stronger Pokemon
- Hates legendary Pokemon
- Hates everything, why are they even here

5. The Stalker
- You won't remember when you started talking to this guy but all you can remember is that they've been in every single battle you've ever played for the past 2 weeks
- They also manage to slip in without you noticing
- You can't get rid of them!
- They know where you live
- They know the name of your cat

Conclusion stuff

scalarmotion, that article is much more informative than this one will be. This one seems to take a more satirical approach on it, and honestly, I was laughing even just reading these bullets. We don't need to release it for Issue 5, but it would be a nice candidate for 6, since a reasonable time frame has passed by then.

Darnell

Respected.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
scalarmotion, that article is much more informative than this one will be. This one seems to take a more satirical approach on it, and honestly, I was laughing even just reading these bullets. We don't need to release it for Issue 5, but it would be a nice candidate for 6, since a reasonable time frame has passed by then.
Even Electrolyte said he didn't see my article and if he did, he wouldn't have suggested it

EDIT;

[16:25:33] @Electrolyte: The 5 types of ____ you meet on PS
would be nice though

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
if you can come up with things to replace what Darnell has covered in his article, this would be a really funny, interesting article to read. I like the unique parts you've got here, if you can come with more to round it out

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks for the input / support, guys.

Because I am planning for this to be a miniseries ("5 types of ____ you'll meet on Showdown") I do have other ideas that I can write up for Issue 5, and therefore delay this article until a later issue so the overlap with Darnell's article isn't so fresh / obvious. Something like:

5 types of new users you'll meet on Showdown
5 types of users you'll meet in a battle
5 types of auth you'll meet on Showdown
etc.

Thoughts? Is it necessary to postpone this idea, or do you guys not see it as that big of a problem?

Skitty

i dont care if i ever come down♪
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i'd definitely be interested in reading a "5 types of auth you'll meet on Showdown" lol

Antemortem idk about you but i am hyped for this article; im always looking forward to pieces that are more cracked-esque.

anyway Electrolyte, the idea is completely fine by me, provided start with "5 types of new users", and then go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)