Approved 5 things to do when the ladder is down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmanta

Banned deucer.
So, in the lobby and other places I always see people complaining " what mods what the ladder is down fix it plz" or "why the fuck is the ladder down ps is shit" Well, after using PS for a solid year. I've developed a few ways to cure your boredom on Pokemon Showdown, and they are as follows:

1) Go onto Smogon: Although Showdown's ladder is down, Smogon's subforums are not. Find a thread you feel like you would like to participate in. You could also go to the Showdown subforum and decide to converse there

2) Play in tournaments/private challenges: Showdown's tournament system is a series of private matches, therefore, it can still run even though the ladder can not. Use /tour to find which chatrooms might have a tour you will like. If not, head on over to the tournaments room and play in a challonge tournament!

3) Head to text based game rooms: Rooms like Game Corner, Survivor, and Mafia all provide an in-chat gaming experience. If you're bored with Pokemon battles or the lobby, give one of these rooms a try!

4) Build Teams: Speaking from personal experience, I love to build teams while the ladder is down and ladder while it's up. This could also synergize with the "contributing to smogon" section as you could try out either the respective subforum of your tier or check out the rate my team thread.

5) Head to your cartridge!: When showdown isn't working, brush off that old Alpha Sapphire version just itching to have some teams built on it! You can also head to both the Showdown and Smogon Wifi sections to get some Pokemon for your team.

Obviously, there are plenty of other things that you can do without a working ladder. Try one of these things and get cracking!

^this is a summarized version of the article. Of course all 5 reasons as well as the conclusion will be much more informative in the approved version, if, you choose to approve it of course. Thank you and have a nice day~

Hi there. :3

I definitely wouldn't mind reading about this. At least it'll give the mod team to link the userbase to, should the ladder ever crash and complaints ever arise, even though I'm not sure this would even do much, but it's at least worth a shot, so no harm in trying, right?

Antemortem

antemortem

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Guides hark back to the first issue or two and I liked them, so this will be a nice refresher. Do it, man.

Just make sure you have enough content to substantiate an article of decent length.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)