Gen 8 2 fast 2 furious, Latios Sweep! (The Mew / Pex Team)-(Max 1900)

Introduction To The Team:

Poke_mew.pngb3b7b43e3b65636909fc64ed3b094496.jpg__kartana_pokemon_drawn_by_shuga_mhwii__f17339ad27ffe41d8148b901ca5aa8ac.jpgLatios2018.pngdaq8seo-ce38de20-162c-42ce-8ba9-fc21b18388f6.pngd92tjfn-a0816abe-1e44-480d-aa79-e7319d90533a.png

pokemon-latios.giftumblr_6a4e5d72724671e37c799d60d2c30a2a_c19c2106_500.gif6590f6e00ca8ae7957c2542099303153.giftumblr_p2qtbdtS381tpvtc4o2_r1_500.gif6sED.giftumblr_nxe4tbW26Y1un95hzo1_r2_500.gif

Overview: Mew, Weavile, Kartana, Latios, Toxapex, Landorous

This Team Is Called: 2 fast 2 furious, Latios Sweep!

Team Building Process:
Poke_mew.png6590f6e00ca8ae7957c2542099303153.gif

I wanted to build a team around a Mew utility set, but opted for a set that offered more bulk and longevity, all while still being a fast taunt user.

daq8seo-ce38de20-162c-42ce-8ba9-fc21b18388f6.pngtumblr_p2qtbdtS381tpvtc4o2_r1_500.gif
I added Toxapex for toxic spikes support and and a spinner for them as you can see this team lacks a spin blocker. Pex added a true wall to the team as it can abuse regenerator and recovery well to tank opposing hits for the team.

d92tjfn-a0816abe-1e44-480d-aa79-e7319d90533a.pngtumblr_nxe4tbW26Y1un95hzo1_r2_500.gif

I needed someone that can take Knock off hits and sponge Earthquake hits for Toxapex effectively. I opted for Landorous for it's reliability at setting SR and capability in dishing out extra Toxic damages to my opponents.

b3b7b43e3b65636909fc64ed3b094496.jpg6sED.gif
I needed a true wall breaker and sweeper. I decided Weavile would fit well. It can switch in on Ice, Ghost, and Dark hits effectively. Weavile is a great Sword Dance user and can easily set up later, early, or mid game.

Latios2018.pngpokémon-latios.gif
I needed something for speed control, could tank hits effectively, and dish them. It was tricky on settling between Dragapult and Latios, but after awhile in testing; Latios seemed to perform better than Dragapult who was a true star on written paper.

__kartana_pokemon_drawn_by_shuga_mhwii__f17339ad27ffe41d8148b901ca5aa8ac.jpgtumblr_6a4e5d72724671e37c799d60d2c30a2a_c19c2106_500.gif
To round the team off; I decided on Kartana, as it can take physical hits when needed, doesn't mind being knocked off early and can set up and remove slower opponents with ease. He is also, (like Weavile) a great user of Sword Dance and performed very well in testing.

Poke_mew.png

d9tpcbl-a1a52e8c-417d-44e1-ba84-7afa0700b5a2.gifMew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Calm
0-Atk-IV
252 Def /252 Hp/ 4 Spe

- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roost
- Roar

I tested Utility Mew and Suicide Mew greatly. I found this set to be excellent against stall, balanced, and offensive teams. With the invested EV'S; Mew is very much capable of putting 2-3 layers of spikes up and living to come in and out throughout the entire match. Taunt is here against most of the meta. You loose to Mew mirror and Tapu Fini when using this move. Generally, I read the set based upon the team and switch to either Toxapex, Kartana, or Weavile. This bait allows for an early SD and possible sweep. Mew takes fairy and psychic hits very well which cover the team nicely. His Roar is to help from being set up on and late game can be a nightmare for the opposing team.

b3b7b43e3b65636909fc64ed3b094496.jpg

Weavile.gifWeavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Adamant / Jolly
252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Spd

- Sword Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

After plus 1 SD Weavile puts out excruciating numbers and can nearly sweep any team. Weavile also serves as a great revenge killer when needed and can take Dark and Ghost hits for Latios and Mew when needed. It checks a series of other threats that would other wise pick a part this team or pressure it stressfully; such as: Skarmory, Corviknight, Landorous and many more. After one SD with Adamant Nature and Life Orb; Weavile OHKO's half the format.

daq8seo-ce38de20-162c-42ce-8ba9-fc21b18388f6.png

748.gifToxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SPD

- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
- Recover

Toxapex is here to serve as both a physical and special wall. It is the true glue to this team. Being able to set up Toxic Spikes, Stop opponents from setting up on you, and wear the opposite team down with Scald hits is very helpful. This team is all about spreading status and setting entry hazards so that Weavile or Kartana can set up and sweep mid or late game. Mew and Toxapex have immaculate synergy and are both able to set up hazards with ease and make sure your opponent can not set up on your team. Mew's Roar in Gen 8 is extreemly unpredictable and comes up often, so having Haze to also help keep your opponents from setting up is extreemly effective. This team has no spin blocker, so It's best to have a toxic spikes spinner. Rocks and spikes can be effective, but two mon's on the team are immune to them and or resist them. I wanted to use a defogger, but chose against it because I felt as if I was able to actually play through rocks and still win as long as I was able to keep my hazards up. With Mew's taunt and the great amount of dilivery this team has in offense; I found this to be very much possible.

d92tjfn-a0816abe-1e44-480d-aa79-e7319d90533a.png

7a52c701-de1f-486a-9c4e-c27f92522ffa.gif.eabb71161533955c755a250c9d9a46fd.gifLandorous @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Impish
252 HP / 252 Def/ 4 Spe

- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off / Defog / U-turn

I needed something to help set up rocks because it is the best hazard to have. However, I still didn't want to switch to suicide Mew lead or greatly re work the team idea. After testing, I found that Landorous was exactly what the team was missing. He helps spread toxic when Pex can't keep spikes up. His rocks are very helpful and Landorous' excellent ability and immunity to Earthquake and Earth Power is extreemly effective. I chose Knock Off over the other options because this team greatly hates Heavy Duty Boot users and aims to spread hazards as much as possible. It also helps to remove Leftovers from Regenerator users such as Tornadus and Slowbro. Defog seemed to conflict and I felt as if this team didn't appreciate the choices in Rapid Spinners in the meta. U-turn was helpful for pivot, but Knock Off seemed to effectively deal damage against more of this team's counters.

Latios2018.png

Latios.gifLatios @ Choice Scarf
Ability Levitate
Nature: Timid / Modest
0-Atk-IV
252 Spa / 252 Spe / 4 HP

- Psychic
- Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
- Mystical Fire
- Trick / Thunderbolt / Shadow Ball

Latios hits extreemly fast and when given a scarf it allows it to out speed the entire OU meta. Latios resists Grassy Glide, Barraskewda's Liquidation, and Rapid-U's banded Aqua Jet and in return either 2HKO's-OHKO's them back. He out speeds Dragapult, CS Kartana, and can also deal with Alakazam better than Weavile since we opted for Adamant Nature.

Trick comes up against stall as Thunderbolt comes up against Tornadus and Tapu Fini for slightly more damage out put then Psychic. Pulse is also as effective as Meteor as Pulse will also OHKO Dragapult. It will miss OHKO against Garachomp, Salamance, and Dragonite. However, with hazards will of course be enough, so it depends on your luck with Draco Meteor and if you plan to stay in mid or early game. Latios is really good at applying pressure, forcing switches, and late game sweeping. He resists toxic, takes SR normally, isn't bothered by burns and has an excellent immunity to spikes and Earthquake. The only downside to Latios is he is not a spin blocker, but does counter a lot of spinners, such as Exacadrill. He will ways force the switch because of Mystical Fire. He also will still out speed most of them after their speed boost from Rapid Spin as a scarf user with a base 110 speed is nothing to be joked with.

__kartana_pokemon_drawn_by_shuga_mhwii__f17339ad27ffe41d8148b901ca5aa8ac.jpg

detpp8k-874899d7-1503-436f-bbca-5a7de1b5884e.gifKartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
Nature: Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP

- Sword Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Knock Off

Kartana fits well because it can tank defensive hits when needed. Also, it can easily set up and sweep or just serve as an early game revenge killer. It's Knock Off does insane amounts of damages that you would think it was a STAB move. Kartana was originally an idea for Scarf or Band because his steel movie is greatly missed. This team struggles against Clefable and SC Tapu Lele greatly. With scarf you can still beat both of these sets with ease after hazards. However, in testing, Over all; I felt as if being able to switch moves and still pack a punch was more useful then the extra speed. I just have to be very careful with how I play Weavile and try to really get up a plus 1 SD to blow through Clefable. Kartana resists rocks and is immune to Toxic which makes it easy to come in and out and pressure forced switches or nab revenge kills. Leaf blade without SD OHKO's Tapu Fini who other wise besides walling it with Pex and Mew would serve as a problem. It's critical hit ratio is generally high, but thought maybe to cut it for Steelstrike depending on whether Melmetal stays within the format or not. (Currently it is in review of a speculated ban and the terms of whether it is or not have not been resolved.) Either way, in conclusion, Kartana has been very effective for the most part and along with Pex is able to sponge U-turn hits and switch in when your opponent is going to use Toxic. That's an easy way to grab a SD or Knock Off a common switch such as Dragapult.

Threat List:

s-l640.jpg8f8d206b155129702b7ca48df0254079.jpgClefable_AG_anime.png
sample-c7c5d46329d29d727202850d510c9d86.jpg201-2015027_zapdos-best-bird-moltres-pokemon-legendary-birds-zapdos.jpg6ae56718f0952010da5856a115978ca2.jpg

Blacephalon with specs 2HKO Toxapex and counters Mew so I will always have to sacrifice something to revenge kill it

Zapdos is annoying because I have to slowly chip it and give it Toxic, Knock it off and make sure it can't defog rocks away.

Tornadus is annoying because the only real check this team has for it is Weavile because it put speeds Mew and can in return Taunt back or just stall it. It's regenerator is extra aggravating so I try to give it the Toxic and play through the team slowly until I'm able to safely knock it off and start chipping it out of the match.

Clefable will always be a threat because of Guard. This is a hazards team so dealing entry hazard damages are key. Also, it is a fairy which isn't helpful for Weavile. Also, Kartana has a very poor special defense. I thought of opting for a steel move on this team but just try to get up SD and either nab the 2HKO with leaf blade or Triple Axel it out the match with Weavile.

CS Tapu Lele
Tapu is annoying because I have to scout it's set out first before attempting to pick it off. So, generally I use Weavile or Kartana to kill it. It is much easier if it traps itself in Psychock or Psychic then it has to switch or die to Weavile.

Eruption Heatran puts out GODLY hits and can potentially sweep the entire team if you miss play between Mew and Toxapex. You have to pray it misses magma. If it's setting up rocks and playing defensively you just have to taunt with Mew and keep roosting, set up, and Roar it out. If it isn't and they bluff SR lead and it's eruption Magma set immediately Roar it away and hope you can grab a Roost. Or you'll have to switch to Pex anyways. Most don't play eruption, but I have been seeing it a lot on my smurf accounts

Calculations and Relative information involving Latios:

Mystical Fire vs Kartana = OHKO
Dragon Pulse vs Dragapult = OHKO
Psychic vs Blaziken After Protect + Speed Boost even if Sashed = OHKO
Psychic vs Toxapex = 2HKO
Thunderbolt vs Pelipper = OHKO
Mystical Fire vs Ferrorhorn after SR damage = OHKO
Psychic vs Landorous = 2HKO
Psychic vs Tapu Koko = 2HKO
Dragon Pulse after SR vs Dragonite = OHKO
Mystical Fire vs Melmetal = 2HKO
Dragon Pulse vs Garachomp w/+1 speed boost after hazards = OHKO
Thunderbolt vs Tapu Fini = 2HKO
Psychic vs Zerazora = 2HKO after Spikes (2 layers = OHKO)
Thunderbolt vs Tornadus = 2HKO
Psychic vs Hawlucha = OHKO
Psychic vs Buzzwhole = OHKO
Psychic vs Rapid-U = OHKO
Psychic vs Regieleki after SR = OHKO
Mystical Fire vs Rillaboom = OHKO
Thunderbolt vs Slowbro = 2HKO
Thunderbolt vs Vocanion = 2HKO
Thunderbolt vs Knight = 2HKO
Psychic vs Barraskewda after SR = OHKO
Psychic vs Gengar = OHKO
Thunderbolt vs Barraskewda = OHKO
Outspeeds +1 Dragonite
Outspeeds +1.5 Garachomp

FYI: Calcs for Kartana and Weavile are very substandard and by any good player should easily be determined, so I decided in not posting them. After plus 1 SD they both deal massive amounts of damages and without plus SD with Life Orb they still deal insane amounts of damages.

Calcs for Latios have been posted because they are less likely to be known in knowledge to the average / good player.

Not all calcs are completely relevant to most of the meta, but are worth mentioning.

This is my first real RMT post here as I am a newer player to this format. However, this team has been thoroughly tested for posting

FYI: this team was stolen from my original account about a year and a half ago and was originally created by me. So, if it has been previously posted by someone else eye stole it from my original account RotomNeverWashed which is not in use and was hacked and had its information changed which led me to believe that it possibly was and its content could be hidden from me even if it is being used in leader boards

Last edited:
why def Lando over spdef
Thought about investing on both sides because it comes up, but I'd rather maximize this guy's full defensive potential in contention with his intimate. I believe Sp D Lando doesn't sponge hits as well as Mew generally is able to take the hits needed. Just gotta play the Roost lead and the dragon well enough since they both are bulky in the department plus the toxic blob can sponge hits in this department as well so I felt the team was better off making use of another defensive wall. This team only struggles against hyper
offensive teams that can play through the lead and the poison blob. The only change I would make is maybe cut the dragon for something else. However, the dragon performs very well against things this team looses to so Idk. Kinda why I'm posting it here to see what other players think. Got to 1,900's with it so it can't be that bad I assume. Same format too. Only difference is kyurem so this team just got better. However the dragon is scarfed and it puts up the hazards that destroy kyurem so it didn't blow through my team at all like it did the previous meta. This team has no issues or real threats. Only combinations of threats on one particular team can beat it. Tornadus is annoying I will say that other than out of ou and uu completely there is no real threat besides clefable and choice scarf lele and tornadus. Zapdos can be annoying of they have the right team mates.

Last edited:

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Hey there,

This is a very cool team and like you said in the post aside from some of the threats you already included this team is very well suited and covers a majority of the common threats in the OU metagame.

Just from looking at this team and not reading the threat list, I can see Tornadus-Therian, Zapdos, and Specs Lele being real annoying. You also said Lele will stay in and die to Weavile or switch to fodder another Pokémon, Weavile is really important on this team because if it goes out soon, Lele would have a field day if it ended up dying early, especially since Latios doesn't have a recovery move it'll just get chipped. Lele opens a lot of holes if it gets what is needed and takes down something like Toxapex which is a defensive glue to this team.

So just a few suggestions:

I do feel like Mews EV spread isn't the best for a taunt user, once you get taunted you'll have to switch out from anything that beats 237 speed. I personally would suggest 252 HP / 252 Speed (Timid Nature). This will allow you to have the potential to speed tie and win other Mew leads and it's still a bulky enough set, 328 allows you to out-speed a decent amount of Pokémon (looking to setup) so you can use that to your advantage especially since Base 100 speed tier is very common in general. You can also go with Colbur Berry instead of Leftovers if Dark leads / Knock off users seem intimidating.

I would recommend all the time to have Trick on Latios, I feel like this team can have problems with really well built stall teams (Defogger, Status Healer, Stat Resetter / Unaware, Spikes / SR inducer). Trick will allow you to break 1 Pokémon on a really fat stall team, which in reality will give you the upper advantage every time since every Pokémon on a stall team usually has 1 purpose that differs from each Pokémon.

Lastly, I do feel like status is important with this team so I do understand the usage of toxic spikes but for Pokémon that are immune to spikes or are wearing Heavy-Duty Boots, I would recommend opting in for Toxic > Toxic Spikes on Toxapex just in case you need to Toxi-Stall something that is immune to Toxic Spikes or is equipped with boots.

Good luck and thanks for posting the team.

Last edited:
T
Hey there,

This is a very cool team and like you said in the post aside from some of the threats you already included this team is very well suited and covers a majority of the common threats in the OU metagame.

Just from looking at this team and not reading the threat list, I can see Tornadus-Therian, Zapdos, and Specs Lele being real annoying. You also said Lele will stay in and die to Weavile or switch to fodder another Pokémon, Weavile is really important on this team because if it goes out soon, Lele would have a field day if it ended up dying early, especially since Latios doesn't have a recovery move it'll just get chipped. Lele opens a lot of holes if it gets what is needed and takes down something like Toxapex which is a defensive glue to this team.

So just a few suggestions:

I do feel like Mews EV spread isn't the best for a taunt user, once you get taunted you'll have to switch out from anything that beats 237 speed. I personally would suggest 252 HP / 252 Speed (Timid Nature). This will allow you to have the potential to speed tie and win other Mew leads and it's still a bulky enough set, 328 allows you to out-speed a decent amount of Pokémon (looking to setup) so you can use that to your advantage especially since Base 100 speed tier is very common in general. You can also go with Colbur Berry instead of Leftovers if Dark leads / Knock off users seem intimidating.

I would recommend all the time to have Trick on Latios, I feel like this team can have problems with really well built stall teams (Defogger, Status Healer, Stat Resetter / Unaware, Spikes / SR inducer). Trick will allow you to break 1 Pokémon on a really fat stall team, which in reality will give you the upper advantage every time since every Pokémon on a stall team usually has 1 purpose that differs from each Pokémon.

Lastly, I do feel like status is important with this team so I do understand the usage of toxic spikes but for Pokémon that are immune to spikes or are wearing Heavy-Duty Boots, I would recommend opting in for Toxic > Toxic Spikes on Toxapex just in case you need to Toxi-Stall something that is immune to Toxic Spikes or is equipped with boots.

Good luck and thanks for posting the team.
Thanks for the feed back. As for Mew, I agree in some situations (Especially berry) but the leftovers does help a lot for the entirety of the match. Also, the ev investment allows u turn users to do 18%-24% max I feel that matters plus Mew is great at setting hazards and when I see Mew I immediately switch to Weavile so if taunts we off set the game because it has to switch. If it's suicide lead I go to pex and try to Scald it out or go straight to Lando who can eat flare blitz very well and threaten with Knock Off. If it is utility Mew he can be annoying but will late on have to deal with sword dance kartana or Weavile. Weavile is the most important mon on this team besides Mew. I like this set on Mew because it utilizes Roar and without the invested Evs I don't believe Mew will be bulky enough to use the move. At that point I'd switch to berry or red card. If I took this route, I would probably ay rocks on Mew as well and cut Lando for SD Chomp but I haven't thought about it. Mew's set does get taunted out sometimes but it is against things that you do not auto loose too. If they are able to cover Mew through 3 Knock off users, a toxic spikes team that also puts up spikes then he should be on the threat list lol. I thought about playing both toxic and toxic spikes and cutting recovery but opted against it because I only play one regenerator. As for trick you are right super duper Uber stall is actually this team's worth match up of you miss play Mew, but with Roar it gets easier so opting for the other set would weaken this. As for faster taunt users then Mew there is generally a way to pick then off. I like T Bolt so far because it does hit tornadus harder than Psychic and Tapu fini as well. As for Zapdos he is a knight mare but if I'm able to set up SD with kartana early it's over. If they have a way to out speed you wait and keep going between landorous and toxapex and Mew can generally handle Zapdos. The only time Mew can't handle zapdos is in the rain because it never misses. the reason flying types are difficult is because the lack of coverage for them besides Weavile, so t bolt can come up tremendously in these situations simply because the dragon can actually tank flying hits well because it's special defense is high and it's defense it just well enough. Sometimes I have that Latios is scarfed because I want to leave him in because he is good but the scarf is what makes latios (imo) the best revenge killer in the game besides Weavile. The two of them are each other's greatest team mates on this team. Utility Mew after testing didn't take physical or special hits the way I needed him too it was always just a bit to much and mattered layer game. Loosing Mew early on this team is literally auto loose unless it an easy win. So it's tough. I thought it sounded better in theory too but in actual testing the posted set seemed to do much better. Unfortunately nothing can change on this team the way it is built except maybe Lando or Kartana, but it performs so well, it doesn't matter imo. Plus we don't need SD chomp and any other set it plays I've always felt Lando just does the same thing better. As for Kartana it's defensive bulk comes up and it has the coverage we needed, but I did consider playing zerarora in testing when I first created the team a while back but it was just too frail and with boots did not hit hard enough. Kartana is like having a second Weavile (Who I believe should probably be banned tbh) the original version of this team played CB Weavile with low kick. It was nice tho it made the team more win more tho. Low kick was awesome against the tar, blissey, ferrothorn etc. The original version played muscle band and then went to choice banned and then to Life Orb Jolly. Which I think I am going to play Jolly again because you loose to blacephalon and a few other with Adamant I believe, but I am not for sure. I think that matters more then OHKOing Corviknight. Also we could probably cut LO and play muscle band Jolly if we take this route because you will still 2hko Steel flying types anyways. Although life Orb damage doesn't bother me my issues is Weavile is so frail. I'm actually testing a screens team that uses Corviknight to set them up to make sweeping with Weavile guarenteed in every match up lol. (This thing ends up on all my teams) However, the most important mon is low key Latios if you CS Latios off the team, I'd say it sucks but that's just me. It such an underrated set. I just don't get it. Any how, thanks for your input seems like great minds think alike between the two of us. In fact, before typing this up I played again Mew lead he put up 3 layers I was only able to get 2 because he played a spinner so I had to set up multiple times, but I inked it out by the skin of my teeth. Latios was the difference. I have created a lot of nice teams since even generation four when we hard forteress Rapid spinning and fake out infernape but this one is one of my favorites because it doesn't loose often. Also, I don't like Draco Meteor at all. I just put it on here because most players will read Dragon Pulse and say they I suck lol. I didn't put proof of peak because it happened on older account that I don't have access to anymore also with trick (I could be wrong) wouldn't you just rather go to pex and toxic or set up spikes or Mew taunt them out and set up spikes vs taking an item and having to switch again anyways? Plus against matches where you need latios to keep scarf wouldn't it be worse to have Trick than a fourth move. I tested trick briefly and just didn't find use because Mew dominates these match ups it mattered in. It was nice to takes specs away from heavy hitters but if I had the chance to do this then my team could probably deal with the spec user anyways?

Last edited:

3d

継続は力なり
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
yo nice team. at first glance the main problem i notice are dealing with strong special attackers, mainly lele and flying types. i also noticed that latios can have some difficulty coming in as it really appreciates momentum moves like u-turn/teleport/volt switch which this team lacks, besides landot. weavile can also be annoying to deal with as this team does not really have many options to dealing with a +2 weavile as the speed control on this team just falls to a +2 ice shard. finally, rillaboom is also incredibly annoying as this teams only real answer is latios but that drops to +2 grassy glide after a little bit of chip, and weavile doesn't come close to killing it and gets all of its hp drain punched back.

i understand this team was built around mew + pex tspikes but with the prevalence of boots and all the ghost/dark types in the tier, i don't think this would be an effective strategy to take this team to the next level. if you're comfortable with changing that aspect of the team, here are my suggestions.

:mew: -> :tornadus-therian: my first suggestion is changing mew to tornt. tornt is an amazing pivot into almost everything listed above as it can sponge scarf hits from almost every special attacker in the game that hit it neutrally and u can switch into ur appropriate resist afterwards. it also does an amazing job at covering rillaboom as it lives at much higher hp and gets recovery through regenerator. i do see why losing spikes might be annoying, but through sheer breaking power with specs lati + weav spikes support isn't completely necessary especially when it means losing out on a way of getting latios in via uturn, and covering the rillaboom matchup.

:toxapex: -> :heatran: secondly, i suggest changing toxapex to heatran. this team really lacks a bulky steel which makes lele so annoying in the first place. heatran patches up a few holes on this team, mainly lele. going spdef heatran here helps this team out a lot as it not only gives u an appropriate lele switchin, but it also gives u a flying resist which was desperately needed as well. since landot is rocks we can use the magma/taunt/toxic/epower which is great vs stall and paired with sd weavile and knock torn, the stall matchup becomes very easy. this pairs very well with torn as most of the time tornt can live any scarf hit from lele and can act as a pivot in case they focus blast, and if they don't, the option to hard heatran the turn after is always there.

:kartana: changing kartana to choice scarf will be incredibly beneficial to this team as it gives u a solid answer into revenge killing weavile, scarf lele, and scarf blace which this team really lacked before.

:latios: because we have scarf kart, something interesting we can try is choice specs on latios. choice specs latios hits like a truck and with the other changes the team is lacking a bit of breaking power, and while normally i would prefer dragapult here i wanted to keep the idea of latios. it is very important that we go timid to outspeed base 97s-109s which include urshifu, garchomp, hydreigon, all of the base 100s, blacephalon and kartana.

:weavile: my final recommendation is changing this to boots with a jolly nature. boots will put less pressure on forcing a defog and it also allows u to switch into a shadow ball from pult and scare it out as it dodges the 3hko which is very useful for this team.

Last edited:
yo nice team. at first glance the main problem i notice are dealing with strong special attackers, mainly lele and flying types. i also noticed that latios can have some difficulty coming in as it really appreciates momentum moves like u-turn/teleport/volt switch which this team lacks, besides landot. weavile can also be annoying to deal with as this team does not really have many options to dealing with a +2 weavile as the speed control on this team just falls to a +2 ice shard. finally, rillaboom is also incredibly annoying as this teams only real answer is latios but that drops to +2 grassy glide after a little bit of chip, and weavile doesn't come close to killing it and gets all of its hp drain punched back.

:mew: -> :tornadus-therian: my first suggestion is changing mew to tornt. tornt is an amazing pivot into almost everything listed above as it can sponge scarf hits from almost every special attacker in the game that hit it neutrally and u can switch into ur appropriate resist afterwards. it also does an amazing job at covering rillaboom as it lives at much higher hp and gets recovery through regenerator. i do see why losing spikes might be annoying, but through sheer breaking power with specs lati + weav spikes support isn't completely necessary especially when it means losing out on a way of getting latios in via uturn, and covering the rillaboom matchup.

:toxapex: -> :heatran: secondly, i suggest changing toxapex to heatran. this team really lacks a bulky steel which makes lele so annoying in the first place. heatran patches up a few holes on this team, mainly lele. going spdef heatran here helps this team out a lot as it not only gives u an appropriate lele switchin, but it also gives u a flying resist which was desperately needed as well. since landot is rocks we can use the magma/taunt/toxic/epower which is great vs stall and paired with sd weavile and knock torn, the stall matchup becomes very easy. this pairs very well with torn as most of the time tornt can live any scarf hit from lele and can act as a pivot in case they focus blast, and if they don't, the option to hard heatran the turn after is always there.

:kartana: changing kartana to choice scarf will be incredibly beneficial to this team as it gives u a solid answer into revenge killing weavile, scarf lele, and scarf blace which this team really lacked before.

:latios: because we have scarf kart, something interesting we can try is choice specs on latios. choice specs latios hits like a truck and with the other changes the team is lacking a bit of breaking power, and while normally i would prefer dragapult here i wanted to keep the idea of latios. it is very important that we go timid to outspeed base 97s-109s which include urshifu, garchomp, hydreigon, all of the base 100s, blacephalon and kartana.

:weavile: my final recommendation is changing this to boots with a jolly nature. boots will put less pressure on forcing a defog and it also allows u to switch into a shadow ball from pult and scare it out as it dodges the 3hko which is very useful for this team.

I'm a fan of all of these suggestions and agree with most of them and actually was thinking of building a Mew team just like this with Tornadus (can't let Mew go I love spikes lol) However all of your points are strinkingly valid and figured to myself I wanted to go scarf Kartana earlier but knew if I did I would have to play pult or soul dew Latios/specs. Id probably go soul dew but I'm not sure yet. (Kinda like twisted spoons on lele. It would still hit hard but be able to change moves.) As it stands rillaboom isn't much of a problem with pex on the team unless it ays wood hammer then it can be an issue. (I'm just now returning back to competitive play I'm not sure if thats the set every one plays) we also as you mentioned have latios with Mystical Fire. But if we can get boom on toxic even with regen from leftover/grass etc it has to switch or eventually loose to ice shard or latios. I have lost to plus 2 SD Grassy Glide never I always try to Haze it out and stand with it so that I don't loose. Boots with Jolly nature is nice, but it's damage out put on so meh but with your changes may fit more nicely since we have scarf kartana spamming Knock off anyways and choice specs latios or pult so I see where you are going with that notion. As for heatran over pex that's a tough one (I will test this version and update you on my thoughts after.) However, I don't see heatran out performing pex, but I could be wrong. Toxapex is just so broken lol. Like toxic spikes is so nice in tandem with spikes and rocks. (This team often puts up all 3 with ease) the hardest one to get up is rocks because a lot of times I'm using Lando to check Lando or to sponge hits and sneak a toxic on something like Tornadus. As for weavile you are 100 percent correct. Plus 1 ice shard in the wrong position its over especially if pex is out. I just try to Haze it down if it refuses to switch I stay in and have to test when to Scald or not Scald and somehow Weavile takes Scald very well I believe it's only a 3hko on it which is super Ew. If I know it's gonna go sword dance I go straight to pex and start hazing it. I'm not sure if its just the games calcs but usually I can beat it. But if it is running the Adamant life Orb set like I am, I'd assume I would loose and the few times I did get swept by it I believed the opponent was playing the same set. Anyways, thank you for your time I believe your revisions were things I wanted to myself but just didn't want to take the time to try it but just may work out better. So, I will definitely test this revised version out and tell you my thoughts later. Thank you.

I'm a fan of all of these suggestions and agree with most of them and actually was thinking of building a Mew team just like this with Tornadus (can't let Mew go I love spikes lol) However all of your points are strinkingly valid and figured to myself I wanted to go scarf Kartana earlier but knew if I did I would have to play pult or soul dew Latios/specs. Id probably go soul dew but I'm not sure yet. (Kinda like twisted spoons on lele. It would still hit hard but be able to change moves.) As it stands rillaboom isn't much of a problem with pex on the team unless it ays wood hammer then it can be an issue. (I'm just now returning back to competitive play I'm not sure if thats the set every one plays) we also as you mentioned have latios with Mystical Fire. But if we can get boom on toxic even with regen from leftover/grass etc it has to switch or eventually loose to ice shard or latios. I have lost to plus 2 SD Grassy Glide never I always try to Haze it out and stand with it so that I don't loose. Boots with Jolly nature is nice, but it's damage out put on so meh but with your changes may fit more nicely since we have scarf kartana spamming Knock off anyways and choice specs latios or pult so I see where you are going with that notion. As for heatran over pex that's a tough one (I will test this version and update you on my thoughts after.) However, I don't see heatran out performing pex, but I could be wrong. Toxapex is just so broken lol. Like toxic spikes is so nice in tandem with spikes and rocks. (This team often puts up all 3 with ease) the hardest one to get up is rocks because a lot of times I'm using Lando to check Lando or to sponge hits and sneak a toxic on something like Tornadus. As for weavile you are 100 percent correct. Plus 1 ice shard in the wrong position its over especially if pex is out. I just try to Haze it down if it refuses to switch I stay in and have to test when to Scald or not Scald and somehow Weavile takes Scald very well I believe it's only a 3hko on it which is super Ew. If I know it's gonna go sword dance I go straight to pex and start hazing it. I'm not sure if its just the games calcs but usually I can beat it. But if it is running the Adamant life Orb set like I am, I'd assume I would loose and the few times I did get swept by it I believed the opponent was playing the same set. Anyways, thank you for your time I believe your revisions were things I wanted to myself but just didn't want to take the time to try it but just may work out better. So, I will definitely test this revised version out and tell you my thoughts later. Thank you.
However I think on your team you made an accidental mistakes with kartana he should definitely have 31 Atk Ivs lol. As for Lando I don't believe the speed evs are necessary if I did switch to tornadus I'd probably play taunt. It would be cool to have a second regenerator but I don't think it's necessary. I'll test this team out but I am not sure if it will be more optimal I believe the team I have built is the most consistent in OU and really only struggles again extreeme stall, people modding and cheating (#13) or SD Adamant life Orb weavile (if you let it) yes I do struggle against Tornadus and flying types but not that badly. However, I will be testing this just to see. I value your input and greatly want to thank you for your time

3d

継続は力なり
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
However I think on your team you made an accidental mistakes with kartana he should definitely have 31 Atk Ivs lol. As for Lando I don't believe the speed evs are necessary if I did switch to tornadus I'd probably play taunt. It would be cool to have a second regenerator but I don't think it's necessary. I'll test this team out but I am not sure if it will be more optimal I believe the team I have built is the most consistent in OU and really only struggles again extreeme stall, people modding and cheating (#13) or SD Adamant life Orb weavile (if you let it) yes I do struggle against Tornadus and flying types but not that badly. However, I will be testing this just to see. I value your input and greatly want to thank you for your time
ah yea good catch lol, i guess the team builder glitched with the kart IVS. also the lando-t evs are so you can outspeed cb ttar which will be a lot more useful than the extra 4 defence evs.

as for your concerns with heatran > toxapex, i think the difference ull notice in pacing will be evident as you play more. tspikes is nice but pex can be somewhat of a momentum killer and ive designed this team to be more offensively oriented based around keeping up momentum, more geared towards a team where pex doesn't really belong. in my experience, ive found single-steel kart teams struggle a lot with lele way too much and just end up losing late game too often.

let me know how you like this team, there are several approaches that we can go with it so if you feel like this team is preforming worse reply in this thread and we'll see what we can do to find the best possible version.

ah yea good catch lol, i guess the team builder glitched with the kart IVS. also the lando-t evs are so you can outspeed cb ttar which will be a lot more useful than the extra 4 defence evs.

as for your concerns with heatran > toxapex, i think the difference ull notice in pacing will be evident as you play more. tspikes is nice but pex can be somewhat of a momentum killer and ive designed this team to be more offensively oriented based around keeping up momentum, more geared towards a team where pex doesn't really belong. in my experience, ive found single-steel kart teams struggle a lot with lele way too much and just end up losing late game too often.

let me know how you like this team, there are several approaches that we can go with it so if you feel like this team is preforming worse reply in this thread and we'll see what we can do to find the best possible version.
Thank you, will be testing it today

Do you have any proof or replays of the peak
Happened on older account I do not have access to unfortunately, but can definitely drop replays. Older replays were on the phone the other account was tied to. Thats why I did not type proof of peak, but I'm telling the truth. Either way, the team has been very reliable for me and does well against the majority of the meta high or low rated. I will be testing other variants of it for improvements that why I posted it here. I made this team about a year ago and I believe it's first poke pasta which was dropped by me. I believe it was on my RotomNeverWashed account. I'm almost positive, but it could have been a other. I posted it on a lot of accounts. This team was originally generated when we still had Kyurem. Then went it got banned team go better. Even tho I have kartana and latios to deal with it. It was never kyurem they was the problem ninetails and kyurem were the problem. Well not fully but eh you get the point. I'll post some replays of it layer today.

I lole both versions tbh but in some situations one works better than the other and vice versa thank you tho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)