Resource 1v1 Scarlet and Violet Viability Rankings

Haxorus is definitely a powerful Dragon-type in 1v1, it has a role and definitely fulfils it and can probably see more spotlight with Flutter Mane and Gholdengo gone which were two popular Pokémon which answered it. Max HP and Defense is a set not seen, Iron Hands wins with an Iron Defense moveset, Dondozo wins due to you not being able to kill it back after bulking and Donphan wins with Endeavor or Counter.

Typically, when building with Haxorus you want the damage given to you from Choice Band (If you're not running Choice Scarf of course). This usually goes against Haxorus being stronger in the tier, with all of the new threats being strong AND fast Haxorus is left behind with its mediocre speed but I would definitely say it's usable; being in a tier with Iron Moth and Chien Pao may even be a generous decision for it.

recti

formerly Arvinraj K III C
:garchomp: BtoB+\
an underrated dragon n sv this is why i hate sv alot of mons in ss arent in sv (thats normal).but it underrates survivers from natdex like lugg,chomp haxorus,corv etc but chomp you could run resist berry sets like haban,roseli it beat most fire types non ice punch iron hands and wierd coverage things have it also beats dragons since
ice isnt a big threat in sv bec the only good ice is chien pao it beats hands,arcanine,bombirdier and it loses to specs sylv hyper beam but its usage is
been piling down ever since the yawn ban beats donphan and stuff set up a sd to poisn jab fairies exept valiant,run some bulk for general reasons
and you got a good team paired with a steel type (preferably scizor)

Last edited:
:garganacl: -> C tier or below. Sees 0 tour + mid ladder and above usage for a reason. Use the pokemon if u actually believe in it.
:iron hands: -> B+ this mon loses to every opposing setup mon but it still does have good stats.
:dondozo: -> A- this mon has fallen off a ton, bad top tier mus, + losing a ton of reliability as stuff actually bulks now. Really wishes it could run water veil + unaware at the same time.
:sylveon: -> A+ this mon is super good, our steel type pool is poverty rn and we just got the ultimate fire beater released. Load up physdef WP and u get incredible mus.
:ursaring: -> C+ this mon is no longer good, slow + no recovery means it struggles to compete will all the broken setup.
:salazzle: -> B-/B this mon is insane, but don't use offensive, that set is terrible. An encore disabler with a unique typing really likes that everyone only thinks of valiant + it beats most ape sets pretty reliably with corrosion toxic.
:clodsire: -> C+/B- this mon is mid in the builder but absolute pain to face at preview. P2 kind of mon that isn't good unless u actually use it.
:annihilape: -> A+ this mon does not deserve to be at the top of the food chain with how ppl are using it. Physdef stallbreaker is good (albeit a bit slow) but WP spdef bulk up low sweep rage fist encore is super super mid. Roseli is eh right now with both fairies just kinda beating it, band is usable and can catch stuff off guard but sees 0 usage. Its lackluster attack leaves a lot to be desired, so screech is viable on spdef sets since you're not bulking any physical hits anyways, rock tomb can get a surprise leg up on some fire types that think they can beat it (volcarona/moth), dropping fighting coverage on WP spdef should be considered so u don't run a perdemos set of no setup (something like encore gunk rage fist screech/counter/bulk up/rock tomb or something) so u beat valiant but also don't totally sack the mon.

noms:
:gardevoir: -> D/C- this mon is actually usable, and there are few ghost types to take advantage of it rn.
Code:
Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Disable / Mystical Fire
beating espathra with trace is funny and trick can catch some teams off guard as its generally unseen apart from the rare rotoms. I haven't figured out the optimal set, maybe some bulk is good but this mon while a bit slow has a niche and is better than fraudulent mons like hatterene.

this nom may seem pointless but I think :scovillain: deserves its small (very small) spot in the limelight

:scovillain: UR —> C- or C (I’m thinking high C)

Scovillain @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 124 Def / 252 SpA / 132 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sunny Day
- Overheat
- Leaf Storm
- Solar Beam / Fire Blast / stomping tantrum (my guy suffers EXTREME 4mss)

Salac (Scovillain) @ Salac Berry
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Endure
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat
- Flamethrower / stomping tantrum

WP (Scovillain) @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Endure
- Leaf Storm
- Bullet Seed
- Overheat

Scarf (Scovillain) @ Choice Scarf / Specs
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stomping Tantrum
- Leaf Storm
- Overheat
- Bullet Seed / Flamethrower

very small niche for a (relatively) slow special attacker with strong grass and fire stabs that hit some metagame threats hard.

one valuable niche it finds is a good counter to :azumarill: (mainly :choice band: ) as it can change its evs to always ensure it outspeeds zumy and always lives a aqua jet (even if banded) and has a 50/50 of ohkoing av

252+ SpA Life Orb Scovillain Leaf Storm vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 640-756 (171.1 - 202.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (against :choice band:)

252+ SpA Life Orb Scovillain Leaf Storm vs. 136 HP / 104+ SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 346-408 (92.2 - 108.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO (against :assault vest:)

252+ SpA Life Orb Scovillain Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 144+ SpD Azumarill: 494-585 (122.5 - 145.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO (against the stall set, it’s usually sap sipper but I have seen some thick fat on ladder)

also a good counter to the very high tier:donphan: + :choice band: when :scovillain: uses a :weakness policy: + endure set because it can tweak it’s speed evs to outrun max speed jolly

you can run willowisp over spicy extract to further help against non :choice band: :donphan: that would eq -> ice shard

252+ Atk Choice Band burned Donphan Earthquake vs. 124 HP / 0 Def Scovillain: 180-213 (59.6 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (using :choice band: in the calc to show that non banded sets will be doing even less damage)

252+ Atk Choice Band burned Donphan Ice Shard vs. 124 HP / 0 Def Scovillain: 48-57 (15.8 - 18.8%) -- possible 6HKO

(assuming this is after weakness policy activates) +2 252+ Atk Scovillain Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Donphan: 366-438 (113.6 - 136%) -- guaranteed OHKO (this is a against the :choice band: set where we are assuming donphan will be locked into eq/gunk shot and therefore will not be able to click ice shard (which again is why scovillain is not the most reliable as it loses to non locked sets)

but unfortunately for the mad villain :scovillain: these things it “counters” can be shaky at best, as all of them can run multiple sets and :scovillain: cannot counter them all, but it can be pretty decent on teams with :Sylveon: as :scovillain: is good at checking most steel types in the tier (excluding :iron treads:) and can also beat :assault vest: :iron moth: with a :choice scarf: + stomping tantrum set (which is honestly arguably the best and most reliable)

252+ Atk Scovillain Stomping Tantrum vs. 248 HP / 136 Def Iron Moth: 392-464 (107.9 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (against :assault vest: and specs moth doesn’t even run def so you’ll ko that aswell)

anyways that’s my ballad for why scovillain should be somewhere (personally I think high c to c-) on the noms, thank you for reading and I’ll try to garner in some replays from ladder/1v1 majors later to further prove that scovillain is the goat

(here are all the sets if you’d like to use them)

Last edited:
Charizard to C because its choice band set can beat a lot of stuff its other set can't and has good coverage in earthquake plus it beats sylveon standard sets the band set. It also can force a fifty on iron valient disablecore set with fly overall good mon and valueable niche as fire type with earthquake and just enough bulk to fill its role and beat most other fire types, and counters the top threats well. Also band set is eq/flare blitz/fly/outrage but its not optimized because i'm bad at EVing.

Edit: Also realized samurott wasn't on vr, it has a multitude of good sets as its well rounded stats but think it deserves at least C

Last edited:
[Art Someday]

Welcome to the 1v1 Viability Rankings thread! This thread is used to discuss how good we think various Pokemon are in the current 1v1 metagame. As with any resource, these notes should be kept in mind:

- post smartly; this isn't a set dump thread where you just throw in whatever random set you like using on ladder, this is meant to be a resource dedicated to sorting out the Pokemon that perform the absolute best in the current metagame. Shitposts and one liners will be deleted.
- words only go so far when it comes to making a convincing case to rank something; showing calcs and replays says a lot more about a Pokemon's interaction with others than simple speculation.
- discussion isn't necessarily frowned upon, but if it's a one line response to someone's nomination or something, it'd probably be better just to bring it up to the person in pms or the room or somewhere that won't clutter the thread.

Link to Spreadsheet With Each Individual Member's Votes

And without any further ado, here's the 1v1 Viability Rankings!

S Rank

S- Rank
:Annihilape: Annihilape
:Sylveon: Sylveon

A+ Rank
:iron Valiant: Iron Valiant

A Rank
:Espathra: Espathra
:Great Tusk: Great Tusk
:Meowscarada: Meowscarada
:Skeledirge: Skeledirge
:walking wake: Walking Wake

A- Rank
:Arcanine: Arcanine
:Azumarill: Azumarill
:Bellibolt: Bellibolt
:Dondozo: Dondozo
:Donphan: Donphan
:Dragapult: Dragapult
:Iron Bundle: Iron Bundle
:iron hands: Iron Hands
:Sableye: Sableye
:Volcarona: Volcarona

B+ Rank
:Corviknight: Corviknight

B Rank
:Farigiraf: Farigiraf
:Garchomp: Garchomp
:Haxorus: Haxorus
:Iron Moth: Iron Moth
:Kingambit: Kingambit
:Magnezone: Magnezone
:Talonflame: Talonflame
:Ting-Lu: Ting-Lu

B- Rank
:Chien-Pao: Chien-Pao
:gardevoir: Gardevoir
:Goodra: Goodra
:iron leaves: Iron Leaves
:Iron Treads: Iron Treads
:Rotom Wash: Rotom Wash
:Sandy Shocks: Sandy Shocks
:Zoroark-Hisui: Zoroark-Hisui

C+ Rank
:Baxcalibur: Baxcalibur
:Clodsire: Clodsire
:Gallade: Gallade
:Roaring Moon: Roaring Moon
:Salamence: Salamence
:Salazzle: Salazzle
:Scizor: Scizor
:torkoal: Torkoal
:Tyranitar: Tyranitar
:Ursaring: Ursaring
:Wo-Chien: Wo-Chien

C Rank
:abomasnow: Abomasnow
:Armarouge: Armarouge
:Avalugg: Avalugg
:Breloom: Breloom
:Ceruledge: Ceruledge
:dragalge: Dragalge
:Garganacl: Garganacl
:Gastrodon: Gastrodon
:Iron Jugulis: Iron Jugulis
:Rotom Heat: Rotom Heat
:Slaking: Slaking
:Slither Wing: Slither Wing
:Tauros-Paldea-Fire: Tauros-Paldea-Fire
:Tauros-Paldea-Water: Tauros-Paldea-Water

C- Rank
:Gengar: Gengar
:Hydreigon: Hydreigon
:Pelipper: Pelipper
:Quaquaval: Quaquaval
:Revavroom: Revavroom
:staraptor: Staraptor

D Rank
:blissey: Blissey
:braviary: Braviary
:Brute Bonnet: Brute Bonnet
:Chansey: Chansey
:charizard: Charizard
:Flamigo: Flamigo
:Glimmora: Glimmora
:grafaiai: Grafaiai
:Grimmsnarl: Grimmsnarl
:Gyarados: Gyarados
:Hatterene: Hatterene
:Iron Thorns: Iron Thorns
:Kilowattrel: Kilowattrel
:Krookodile: Krookodile
:Maushold: Maushold
:Orthworm: Orthworm
:Polteageist: Polteageist
:Quagsire: Quagsire
:scovillain: Scovillain
:Squawkabilly: Squawkabilly

12/20/2022:
Annihilape UR -> S
Chi-Yu UR -> S-
Skeledirge UR -> S-
Azumarill UR -> A+
Flutter Mane UR -> A+
Gholdengo UR -> A+
Sylveon UR -> A+
Dondozo UR -> A
Great Tusk UR -> A
Iron Hands UR -> A
Iron Valiant UR -> A
Arcanine UR -> A-
Donphan UR -> A-
Meowscarada UR -> A-
Sableye UR -> A-
Ting-Lu UR -> A-
Corviknight UR -> B+
Dragapult UR -> B+
Garchomp UR -> B+
Goodra UR -> B+
Iron Bundle UR -> B+
Salamence UR -> B+
Espathra UR -> B
Garganacl UR -> B
Magnezone UR -> B
Rotom Wash UR -> B
Tyranitar UR -> B
Ursaring UR -> B
Vivillon UR -> B
Volcarona UR -> B
Breloom UR -> B-
Chien-Pao UR -> B-
Farigiraf UR -> B-
Haxorus UR -> B-
Iron Moth UR -> B-
Iron Treads UR -> B-
Kingambit UR -> B-
Avalugg UR -> C+
Brute Bonnet UR -> C+
Clodsire UR -> C+
Gallade UR -> C+
Jumpluff UR -> C+
Roaring Moon UR -> C+
Rotom Heat UR -> C+
Salazzle UR -> C+
Sandy Shocks UR -> C+
Scizor UR -> C+
Slaking UR -> C+
Talonflame UR -> C+
Water Tauros UR -> C+
Baxcalibur UR -> C
Fire Tauros UR -> C
Pelipper UR -> C
Quaquaval UR -> C
Revavroom UR -> C
Slither Wing UR -> C
Wo-Chien UR -> C
Gengar UR -> C-
Arboliva UR -> D
Bellibolt UR -> D
Blissey UR -> D
Chansey UR -> D
Gardevoir UR -> D
Grafaiai UR -> D
Grimmsnarl UR -> D
Iron Thorns UR -> D
Maushold UR -> D

12/30/22:
Dragalge UR -> C+
Hydreigon UR -> C
Abomasnow UR -> C
Ceruledge UR -> C-
Armarouge UR -> C-
Glimmora UR -> D
Cetitan UR -> D
Krookodile UR -> C-
Gastrodon UR -> C
Quagsire UR -> D
Iron Jugulis UR -> C-
Flamigo UR -> D
Hatterene UR -> C-
Kilowattrel UR -> D
Orthworm UR -> D
Gyarados UR -> C-
Polteageist UR -> C-
Muk UR -> D
Eelektross UR -> D
Gardevoir D -> UR
Bellibolt D -> C-
Skeledirge S- -> A
Sylveon A+ -> A
Ting-Lu A- -> B+
Garchomp B+ -> B
Goodra B+ -> B
Salamence B+ -> B-
Vivillon B -> UR
Breloom B- -> C
Brute Bonnet C+ -> C
Clodsire C+ -> C
Jumpluff C+ -> D
Talonflame C+ -> B-

1/3/23:
Azumarill A+ -> A
Dondozo A -> A+
Iron Valiant A -> A+
Great Tusk A -> A-
Meowscarada A- -> A
Dragapult B+ -> A-
Espathra B -> B+
Kingambit B- -> C+
Rotom Heat C+ -> C
Salazzle C+ -> C
Slaking C+ -> C
Slither Wing C -> C+
Clodsire C -> C+
Abomasnow C -> C-
Brute Bonnet C -> C-
Hydreigon C -> C-
Bellibolt C- -> C
Hatterene C- -> D
Polteageist C- -> D
Grafaiai D -> UR
Jumpluff D -> UR
Muk D -> UR

1/24:
Annihilape S -> S-
Gholdengo A+ -> S-
Dondozo A+ -> A
Sableye A- -> B+
Corviknight B+ -> B
Slither Wing C+ -> C
Bellibolt C -> C+
Pelipper C -> C-
Brute Bonnet C- -> C
Abomasnow C- -> C
Scovillain UR -> D
Tinkaton UR -> D
Braviary UR -> D
Torkoal UR -> C
Tyranitar B -> B-
Dondozo A -> A+
Garganacl B -> B-
Volcarona B -> B+
Revavroom C -> C-
Talonflame B- -> B

1/25:
Great Tusk A- -> A
Goodra B -> B-
Bellibolt C+ -> B-
Quaquaval C -> C-
Staraptor UR -> C-

2/1:
Dondozo A+ -> A
Azumarill A -> A-
Great Tusk A -> A-
Dragapult A- -> B+
Sandy Shocks C+ -> B-
Tauros-Paldea-Water C+ -> C
Sudowoodo UR -> D
Toedscruel UR -> D

2/9:
Talonflame B -> B-
Ursaring B -> B-
Bellibolt B- -> B
Avalugg C+ -> C

2/11:
Skeledirge A -> A-
Espathra B+ -> A-
Sableye B+ -> A-
Farigiraf B- -> B
Rotom Wash B- -> B
Talonfale B- -> B
Tyranitar B- -> C+
Torkoal C -> C+
Abomasnow C -> C-
Gastrodon C -> C-
Brute Bonnet C -> C-
Gyarados C- -> D
Iron Jugulis C- -> C
Arboliva D -> UR
Blissey D -> UR
Cetitan D -> UR
Braviary D -> C-
Elektross D -> UR
Scovillain D -> UR
Sudowoodo D -> UR
Charizard UR -> D
Dudunsparce UR -> D
Grafaiai UR -> D
Greninja UR -> S-

2/17:
Bellibolt B -> B+
Ting-Lu B -> B+
Kingambit C+ -> B-
Braviary C- -> D
Toedscruel D -> UR

2/20:
Espathra A- -> A
Skeledirge A- -> A
Dragapult B+ -> A-
Haxorus B- -> B
Iron Jugulis C -> C-
Abomasnow C- -> C

2/26:
Great Tusk A- -> A
Salamence B- -> B
Salazzle C -> C+
Espathra A -> A-
Ting-Lu B+ -> B
Clodsire C+ -> C

2/27:
Squawkabilly UR -> D
Iron Bundle B+ -> A-
Corviknight B -> B+
Ceruledge C- -> C
Iron Jugulis C- -> C
Wo-Chien C -> C+

3/1:
Azumarill A- -> B+
Garganacl B- -> C+
Krookodile C+ -> D
Charizard D -> UR
Dundunsparce D -> UR
Tinkaton D -> UR
Slaking C -> C-

3/2:
Gardevoir UR -> D

3/8:
Rotom Wash B -> B-
Salamence B -> B-
Armarouge C- -> C
Espathra A- -> A
Slaking C- -> C
Walking Wake UR -> A
Iron Leaves UR -> B-
Zoroark-Hisui UR -> B-

3/10:
Baxcalibur C -> C+

3/19:
Blissey UR -> D
Sylveon A -> A+
Iron Hands A -> A-
Bellibolt B+ -> A-
Iron Moth B- -> B
Salamence B- -> C+
Ursaring B- -> C+
Garganacl C+ -> C
Clodsire C -> C+
Gardevoir D -> C-
Charizard UR -> D
Azumarill B+ -> A-
Gastrodon C- -> C
Brute Bonnet C- -> D

3/25:
Dondozo A -> A-
Meowscarada A -> A+
Kingambit B- -> B
Gardevoir C- -> C

4/2:
Sylveon A+ -> S-
Volcarona B+ -> A-
Gardevoir C -> B-
Scovillain UR -> D
Meowscarada A+ -> A
Zoroark-Hisui B- -> B
so I think that glaive rush baxcalibur should be in A tier bc i climbed the ladder to like 1400 with it

drimran

Banned deucer.
Kingambit to b+ or a- here is the set.
Kingambit @ Chople Berry
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Metal Burst
It is a very neat set that works very well against both special and physical attackers. And i think it is better then every mon in b so it should not be in there. It also beats the 2 best mons in the tier being annihilape and sylveon while also beating 3 a tier mons.

Last edited:

XSTATIC COLD

Banned deucer.
Kingambit @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Metal Burst
It is a very neat set that works very well against both special and physical attackers. And i think it is better then every mon in b so it should not be in there. It also beats the 2 best mons in the tier being annihilape and sylveon while also beating 3 a tier mons.
Specs sylveon set + 252 hp 252 def with fake tears beats kingambit.
Annihilape can also beat it (mind game with drain punch/bulk up on taunt/metalburst)

So before posting, reflect on what you say.

DripLegend

is a Forum Moderator
Kingambit @ Chople Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Iron Head
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Metal Burst
Are these evs for any specific benchmark? Like Hyper Beam from Sylveon or something? I usually find myself wanting to max either defensive Stat since kingambit is pretty hard to OHKO with good invest, especially in defense. I also wouldn't consider this beating Annihilape, as any good set can use Bulk Up until you are in range of a KO.

drimran

Banned deucer.
Are these evs for any specific benchmark? Like Hyper Beam from Sylveon or something? I usually find myself wanting to max either defensive Stat since kingambit is pretty hard to OHKO with good invest, especially in defense. I also wouldn't consider this beating Annihilape, as any good set can use Bulk Up until you are in range of a KO.
It lives a walking wake specs flamethrower and it lives a haxorus band close combat

ThetaCentauri

Banned deucer.
Sylveon the last one pre sv top tier standing. Did custap get added back or smth? That was my favorite set. I don’t really play this game anymore so can someone fill me in why is sylveon so high up again now

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Quick VR noms for quirky mid/low tiers I have liked building with:

:toxtricity-low-key: UR -> C
Toxtricity has a pretty unique matchup spread, useful as an offensive poison with good matchups versus p much all common water types (which sets it apart from Iron Moth or even Dragalge and Salazzle). It also has speed control + Encore (broken)
Toxtricity @ Life Orb
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 16 HP / 140 Atk / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Mild Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Shift Gear
- Encore
- Overdrive

HP was for Speed Booster Iron Bundle, Special Attack + nature for spdef dondozo, Speed for fast sylveon (so you don't get owned by specs psyshock), rest into Attack

:wo-chien: C+ -> B-
I think Wo-Chien is a bit underrated rn, it's just so deceptively bulky. It faces pretty steep competition with Meowscarada, but the raw bulk is hard to ignore. This snail can't change away from its awful defensive typing like meowscarada can though
Wo-Chien @ Chople Berry / Mental Herb / Leftovers
Ability: Tablets of Ruin
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Foul Play / Leaf Storm / Taunt / Mud Shot / literally whatever
- Protect

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Tablets of Ruin Wo-Chien: 314-372 (84.1 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Dragapult U-turn vs. 248 HP / 156+ Def Tablets of Ruin Wo-Chien: 280-332 (75 - 89%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Wo-Chien Foul Play vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 408-482 (128.7 - 152%) -- guaranteed OHKO

original was chople was for iron hands, but item can def be swapped around as needed, setscomp set is also good as far as I can tell
just a good glue mon

Other Miscellaneous changes at the top:

:annihilape: S- -> A+
This thing beats everything in the builder, but leaves much to be desired in practice, needs 5 moves and 4 items to do what it wants. It's constrained pretty heavily by the absurd power of Fairy-types and Espathra
:iron-valiant: A+ -> A
Encore + Disable is pretty exploitable, offensive sets are not super great either imo. It's still plenty scary, but not top 3 in the tier
:espathra: A -> A+
The haha funny stored power ostrich, on the other hand, is top 3. It soft checks most of the tier with its 2 main defensive sets and it's much more splashable than Annihilape and Iron Valiant in my experience. Not S- because it has pretty glaring weakesses to Dark-type, Ghost-types, Volcarona, etc that need to be covered by partners

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
:Roaring moon: c+ -> b-

Speed booster beats most of the pokemon in A Rank and above with Outrage + Acrobatics + Substitute, including non dazzling gleam Espathra, Meowscarada, and Walking Wake. Throat Chop allows you to reliably beat Skeledirge while Dragon Dance instead of throat chop allows you to beat Bellibolt and non ice spinner Great Tusk. Roaring Moon also has good matchups from A- to B- with it beating Dragapult, Volcarona, Iron Moth, Garchomp, Haxorus, Talonflame, Rotom Wash, Sandy Shocks, and Zoroark Hisui. The combination of beating most of the pokemon in A Rank and above + having good matchups from A- and B- ranks is what makes it offer more than other C+ Ranks.

Lucario

A side must always be chosen
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hello, just some small-scale noms/thoughts I had.

:Azumarill: --> A: Azu has great matchups and is able to reliably check most things with its set versatility. Having to predict whether it's an Offensive set with Huge Power or a Stall set that sits on Meowscarada can be quite the headache. Not to mention it can also run Assault Vest and tank hits from the likes of Iron Moth, something that is very impressive.

:volcarona: --> A: When life gives you a Karen bird, click Volcarona! Volc is very scary when building as its item diversity is wild, allowing it to beat should-be checks like Dondozo, Iron Bundle, and CB Meowscarada. Recent trends with Espathra and an increasing amount of Substitute users make it stand out as well. It's also a Fire-type, so it goes brrr.

:ting-lu: --> B+: Great typing, Dark is fantastic right now for Espathra and Sableye and Ground is outstanding both offensively and defensively. Its diverse movepool allows it to run Heavy Slam, Taunt, or Stone Edge on top of its STABs and Ruination. While it is slow, so is Donphan, a similar Ground-type whose biggest advantage is Sturdy. Vessel of Ruin paired with Weakness Policy (and Assault Vest) allow it to push past powerful checks such as Iron Bundle and Specs Iron Valiant.

clerica

fly me up to Jupiter
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hurry up to update vr or i'll do it myself.
ok, it has been done

Greninja UR -> A+
Gholdengo UR -> S
Zapdos UR -> B+
Zapdos-Galar UR -> C+
Moltres UR -> D
Moltres-Galar UR -> A-
Kleavor UR -> C
Electrode-Hisui UR -> C
Arcanine-Hisui UR -> C+
Sneasler UR -> B
Goodra-Hisui UR -> A-
Typhlosion-Hisui UR -> D
Muk-Alola UR -> B-
Heatran UR -> B
Cresselia UR -> C
Samurott-Hisui UR -> D
Lilligant-Hisui UR -> B-
Braviary-Hisui UR -> D
Landorus UR -> B-
Tornadus-Therian UR -> D
Thundurus-Therian UR -> C-
Landorus-Therian UR -> A-
Meloetta UR -> S
Diancie UR -> C-
Hoopa-Unbound UR -> S-
Volcanion UR -> A
Rillaboom UR -> C-
Urshifu UR -> A
Urshifu-Rapid-Strike UR -> B+
Avalugg-Hisui UR -> C+
Zarude UR -> C+
Regieleki UR -> D
Regidrago UR -> A
Glastrier UR -> C-
Spectrier UR -> A-
Ursaluna UR -> A
Basculegion UR -> C
Basculegion-F UR -> C-
Enamorus UR -> B
Enamorus-Therian UR -> B
Tinkaton UR -> D
Braviary D -> UR
Brute Bonnet D -> UR
Cetitan D -> UR
Charizard D -> UR
Flamigo D -> UR
Hatterene D -> UR
Iron Thorns D -> UR
Kilowattrel D -> UR
Orthworm D -> UR
Pelipper C- -> UR
Quaquaval C- -> UR
Revavroom C- -> UR
Gengar C- -> UR
Tauros-Paldea-Water C -> UR
Zoroark-Hisui B- -> UR
Ursaring C+ -> UR
Farigiraf B- -> UR
Salamence C- -> D
Staraptor C- -> D
Hydreigon C- -> D
Avalugg C- -> D
Slither Wing C -> C+
Rotom Heat C -> C-
Abomasnow C -> D
Armarouge C -> D
Breloom C -> D
Ceruledge C -> D
Dragalge C -> D
Garganacl C -> D
Tauros-Paldea-Fire C -> D
Baxcalibur C+ -> B-
Clodsire C+ -> B-
Gallade C+ -> D
Torkoal C+ -> C-
Gastrodon C+ -> C
Rotom Wash C+ -> C
Salazzle C+ -> C
Sandy Shocks B- -> C
Scizor B- -> C
Wo-Chien B- -> C
Goodra B- -> C
Iron Treads B- -> B
Ting-Lu B -> C+
Talonflame B -> C-
Magnezone B -> B-
Kingambit B -> B-
Iron Leaves B -> C-
Donphan B -> B-
Gardevoir B -> B-
Haxorus B -> B+
Dondozo B+ -> C+
Sableye A- -> C
Arcanine A- -> B
Walking Wake A -> A-
Iron Hands A- -> B-
Iron Bundle A- -> B-
Dragapult A- -> B
Bellibolt A- -> B-
Azumarill A- -> B+
Corviknight A- -> B+
Great Tusk A -> B+
Espathra A+ -> C
Skeledirge A+ -> B
Sylveon S- -> A-
Annihilape S- -> B

vr nom because no one else is doing it
Uxie: UR -> D

On paper this may sound stupid, but this set is pretty nice. Nothing it beats in particular but still fun to use
Uxie @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 40 SpA / 60 SpD
Bold Nature
- Mystical Power
- Future Sight
- Calm Mind/Nasty Plot/ Thunder Wave/Encore/Substitute/It literally doesn't matter
- Endure
evs tank a bunch of stuff and rest is dumped into spattk (yay)
Very tanky mon, use of future sight and mystical power to boost up that spattk while it's waiting for future sight to attack. Beats some top tier mons like iron val if you have good timing and although it loses to dark mons and some other mons that can two shot it. But it still has its uses
Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1894672779-1iv36wxgd98tmzhd1dzivtgvu2jzcacpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1894688339-efkhc3y1zpq876k54x8ozkds9pna9qapw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1894948180
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1894948980-mlexijqdhzr6navl0zfvmlsj6b0k7rdpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1894955215
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1894956212
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen91v1-1894959376 (tour final)
ok there is all your proof for now bye losers

Last edited:
Yes!!! it's me again nominating another mon:
:glaceon: UR -> D/C-
While this mons stats is nothing special besides it's decent special attack, it still isn't usable.... right?
Well, it is! i present, av glaceon!

Glaceon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Snow Cloak
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 SpA
Modest Nature
- Mirror Coat
- Ice Beam
- Chilling Water
- Freeze-Dry

While the evs are nothing special, and it's 48 spattk and modest, even though i could make each base stat 10 points higher if i adjusted them, it still manages to beat a few things!
here are some calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Iron Bundle Hydro Pump vs. 208 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Glaceon: 199-235 (61.6 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
(mirror coat back)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Fire Blast vs. 208 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Glaceon: 230-272 (71.2 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (ice beam back)
252+ SpA Dragon's Maw Regidrago Dragon Energy (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Glaceon: 234-276 (70 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (mirror coat back)

Gren calcs: 252+ SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Cannon vs. 220 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Glaceon: 238-282 (73 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO Freeze dry just in case they go for dark pulse.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 208 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Glaceon: 127-151 (39.3 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
48+ SpA Glaceon Freeze-Dry vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Greninja: 288-338 (101 - 118.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(if not super effective, it still 2hkos. if it doesnt for some reason, just freeze dry and then ice beam)
-1 252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Giga Impact vs. 208 HP / 252 Def Glaceon: 210-247 (65 - 76.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (the -1 is from chilling water, so you chilling water into ice beam)
48+ SpA Glaceon Chilling Water vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ursaluna: 124-148 (26.7 - 31.8%) -- 59.2% chance to 3HKO after burn damage
48+ SpA Glaceon Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ursaluna: 336-396 (72.4 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after burn damage (it kills, burn does like 5% at least, so 77.4+26.7>100%. if it's band it wont run facade and headlong rush will lower defenses so i can kill it.
Other things it beats with no calcs needed: Lando-t, Lando, Garchomp
More coming soon! (also i changed evs a bit so if the calcs arent accurate, my bad, but it still beats the same things)

Last edited:
3rd vr post in a row, this time different, no new nominations... but here are my opinions, starting from biggest to smallest promotions, and then demotions.
Espathra: C+ --> B+/B. HOW IS THIS THE SAME TIER AS ELECTRODE HISUI????? electrode hisui is a good mon but espathra with the feather dance cm set and the protect sub petaya set, it because almost any non-dark mon that it's faster than.
Magnezone: B- --> B+ This thing beats top tier mons like iron valiant, rolls greninja (with wp), rolls non-av regidrago, volcanion, shifu-r, sylveon. and other top tier mons. Move this thing up a few tiers.
Glaceon: UR --> C-/D. Well, look at the post above.
Gallade: D --> C-/C. This mon has not reached it's place in meta, but with sharpness, it has some good damage output and good spdf to tank a few special mons.
Annihilape: B --> B+/A-. This is a good mon but people aren't using it correctly. somehow in same tier as enamorus and others.
Uxie: UR --> D. Look two posts above. come on..
Pawmot: UR --> C/C-. this is currently the best unranked mon. Great damage output and good stab with double shock and close combat.
Now demotions:Spectrier: A --> B+. Great mon but not as great in gen 9 due to loss of popularity in some mons that this beats.
Meowscarada: A+ --> A/A-. Good mon but not one of the four best mons for sure.
Now mons that i believe should be unranked. there are way too many in D tier.
Basculegion-F. outclassed by the male version, unless you're running a special set. I might keep it at D, but im not sure...
Polteageist. what does it beat
toxtricity: seems interesting but not enough damage and i dont like it yeah ok
samurott-h: Can't really use torrent well unlike other starters. (just realized it had sharpness ok i never said that)
ok that's it bye

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)