Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Baby-Doll Eyes
- Snarl
- Foul Play
- Moonlight

Haven't bothered to actually make a spread yet, but Umbreon continues to do what Umbreon does best as a mixed wall against neutral hitters.
I've opted for Baby-Doll eyes over Charm this gen for more immediate bulk against physical attackers, and I'm relying more on Foul Play to deal with Swords Dance users, but over all it works fine.

I know Foul Play and attack mitigation seem counter-intuitive together but just trust me it works. Umbreon's neutral damage will always be higher than your opponent's base damage output so it's fine.

Snarl is snarl and moonlight is moonlight

Counters are fairly standard; strong Fairy and Fighting types, subseeders, most trick users, certain Taunt users blah blah blah. I'm nomming to C tier here guys

Relevant calcs
Gouging
-1 252+ Atk Protosynthesis Gouging Fire Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 157-186 (39.8 - 47.2%) - First hit before Kee pops. You win in PP vs DDance

Hoopa-U
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 192-228 (48.7 - 57.8%) -- First hit before Kee pops
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Hoopa-Unbound Drain Punch vs. +1 252 HP / 4 Def Umbreon: 130-154 (32.9 - 39%) -- kee's up moonlight until you wanna hit more BDE

Regidrago
252 SpA Dragon's Maw Regidrago Dragon Energy (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 184-217 (46.7 - 55%)
Just predict ez

Arch

+1 252+ SpA Archaludon Electro Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 136-161 (34.5 - 40.8%)
252+ SpA Archaludon Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 136-162 (34.5 - 41.1%)
Just don't hit the Bpress set

Skeledirge
252+ SpA Skeledirge Blast Burn vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 144-169 (36.5 - 42.8%)
Not happening

I think Iron Hands belongs in at least A- tier (maybe A or A+ though)

Hands is still the same as it’s been at the beginning of the generation but I believe that it has kept up with the power creep. I personally think it is the best electric type in the tier (including raging bolt) purely because of its sheer bulk and power. Hands will nearly never be OHKOd by most viable mons and can do ridiculous damage with booster energy. The only downside is that it’s slow but Hands is bulky enough to where that doesn’t matter as much.

recti

formerly Arvinraj K III C

Hands is still the same as it’s been at the beginning of the generation but I believe that it has kept up with the power creep. I personally think it is the best electric type in the tier (including raging bolt) purely because of its sheer bulk and power. Hands will nearly never be OHKOd by most viable mons and can do ridiculous damage with booster energy. The only downside is that it’s slow but Hands is bulky enough to where that doesn’t matter as much.
custap

quick post with suggestions before swiss
:archaludon:-> S, this mon is op, thinking about all the sets it can use its getting harder to justify not using it on every team tbh
:ogerpon-hearthflame:-> S-, this mon is op, if it weren't for the dragons this mon should be quickbanned. offensive ooga booga'ing stuff with its typing makes leech and counter less expected, which are both powerful sets.
:ogerpon-wellspring:-> A+, this mon is better than everything in A and A-. notable over hearthflame for being able to run stall sets better (both leech and charm), which in turn makes offensive sets less expected, and for being not randomly uncomfortable vs prim
:meowscarada:-> A/A-, the theme of this post is raising ambigious mons because the gen favors them. band and av are main sets and both really good, leech ok, specs meh. basically only reason against A is gouging fire but should raise.
:registeel:-> A-, does registeel things, shoulda raised earlier. beats most non fire/ground things, notable beating archaludon + fairies + other steels. specifically notable over corv for archaludon + primarina.
:whimsicott:-> B, unfortunately annoying right now with occa for gouging/babiri for meta/archaludon safety. doing well vs top tiers does well in this gen, but ogerpons hurt it.
:clodsire::donphan:-> C+/B-, breh these are not worse than okidogi, both arguably the same/better than rhyp

quick post with suggestions before swiss
:archaludon:-> S, this mon is op, thinking about all the sets it can use its getting harder to justify not using it on every team tbh
:ogerpon-hearthflame:-> S-, this mon is op, if it weren't for the dragons this mon should be quickbanned. offensive ooga booga'ing stuff with its typing makes leech and counter less expected, which are both powerful sets.
:ogerpon-wellspring:-> A+, this mon is better than everything in A and A-. notable over hearthflame for being able to run stall sets better (both leech and charm), which in turn makes offensive sets less expected, and for being not randomly uncomfortable vs prim
:meowscarada:-> A/A-, the theme of this post is raising ambigious mons because the gen favors them. band and av are main sets and both really good, leech ok, specs meh. basically only reason against A is gouging fire but should raise.
:registeel:-> A-, does registeel things, shoulda raised earlier. beats most non fire/ground things, notable beating archaludon + fairies + other steels. specifically notable over corv for archaludon + primarina.
:whimsicott:-> B, unfortunately annoying right now with occa for gouging/babiri for meta/archaludon safety. doing well vs top tiers does well in this gen, but ogerpons hurt it.
:clodsire::donphan:-> C+/B-, breh these are not worse than okidogi, both arguably the same/better than rhyp
I'd like to second Archaludon for S. It's the best mon in the tier right now and has far greater teching options than Gouging Fire. Bulky sets, both AV and bulky power herb, are criminally underexplored and the opportunity cost of running them is very low. Breaking swipe beats Donphan without enormous invest, ID+Press beats Metagross and Ursaluna with the right evs, metal sound beats Iron Crown etc. I've been starting to build seriously, and it's the easiest mon in the tier to build around by far.
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Donphan Bulldoze vs. 224 HP / 28 Def Archaludon: 158-188 (41.9 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Earthquake vs. +2 252 HP / 72+ Def Archaludon: 194-230 (50.5 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Guts Ursaluna Earthquake vs. +4 252 HP / 72+ Def Archaludon: 132-156 (34.3 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
+4 72+ Def Archaludon Body Press vs. 248 HP / 4 Def Ursaluna: 480-566 (103.6 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If it's Headlong Rush, ID once and then press. This has more opportunity cost, but you beat two major answers to Archaludon.

+1 252 SpA Iron Crown Tachyon Cutter (2 hits) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Archaludon: 166-196 (43.2 - 51%) -- approx. 4.3% chance to 2HKO
+1 232+ SpA Archaludon Electro Shot vs. -3 252 HP / 0 SpD Iron Crown: 527-621 (137.2 - 161.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Bit late, but would like to second this. Along with the booster energy set mentioned, AV can tear through a lot of special attackers that otherwise check it. Along with being fairly strong in a vacuum, its av set easily checks some of the top meta threats (gouging, primarina, archaludon, certain hoopa sets). In the team builder, iron hands helps alleviate a lot of pressure from some of the strongest mons currently. Hence, I think that Iron Hands should rise to A-/A (B+ if nothing else).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)