Tournament 1v1 Old Gens Premier League I - Information and Administrative Decisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Art by Swiffix
This thread will be dedicated to collecting the general information concerning 1v1 OGPL, as well as recording host decisions and tourbans made during the course of 1v1 OGPL. Contact me for more information. For more information about general tournament rules, you can click here.

Teams
:rhydon: RPS Rhydons managed by Elo Bandit and Lumii
:swalot: Suave Swalots managed by Urfgurgle and Jabiru
:manaphy: My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy managed by Mubs and Waylaid
:garchomp: Gigachad Garchomps managed by Jamez and Nick
:snorlax: Sootopolis City Snorlaxes managed by Kaif and DezShizzels
:wooloo: Wooloo Warriors managed by Joker 1v1 and frostyicelad

Last edited by a moderator:

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After hearing every side for the past few days and revising the objectives put with the old tournament council and the new objectives post bans, I do believe we missed the mark when it comes to the original decisions of slots. We also needs to keep competitive integrity and give OGPL an identity different than PL's identity. I've read every single post and comment and have decided the following;
  • SS BO7
  • SS
  • SM BO7
  • SM
  • ORAS
  • BW
  • DPP
  • ADV
This format gives us a balance of both worlds - scouting for new old gens talent for team tournaments (ss-bw), and gives it an identity by excluding CG and adding already played gens (DPP-ADV). While I do agree the DPP pool isn't the best right now, it is still an integral part of the circuit with it being playable in 1v1 Classic. The ADV community outcry gave dpp a chance once another in a team tournament for more development and gen-skipping a circuit gen isn't it.

We can revisit OGPL objectives and slots in the future.

Last edited:

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
After hearing every side for the past few days and revising the objectives put with the old tournament council and the new objectives post bans, I do believe we missed the mark when it comes to the original decisions of slots. We also needs to keep competitive integrity and give OGPL an identity different than PL's identity. I've read every single post and comment and have decided the following;
  • Bo7 SS
  • SS
  • SM
  • SM
  • ORAS
  • BW
  • DPP
  • ADV
This format gives us a balance of both worlds - scouting for new old gens talent for team tournaments (ss-bw), and gives it an identity by excluding CG and adding already played gens (DPP-ADV). While I do agree the DPP pool isn't the best right now, it is still an integral part of the circuit with it being playable
in 1v1 Classic. The ADV community outcry gave dpp a chance once another in a team tournament for more development and gen-skipping a circuit gen isn't it.

We can revisit OGPL objectives and slots in the future.
One SM will be bo7 now. Will edit the post to reflect the change. If there's not a lot of players in the signups pool willing to play SM bo7 we reserve the right to change it back to bo5.

Arai

aka the situation
is a Community Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Season Schedule:

Week 1
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy vs Suave Swalots
Sootopolis City Snorlaxes vs Gigachad Garchomps
RPS Rhydons vs Wooloo Warriors

Week 2
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy vs Sootopolis City Snorlaxes
RPS Rhydons vs Suave Swalots
Wooloo Warriors vs Gigachad Garchomps

Week 3
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy vs RPS Rhydons
Wooloo Warriors vs Sootopolis City Snorlaxes
Gigachad Garchomps vs Suave Swalots

Week 4
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy vs Wooloo Warriors
Gigachad Garchomps vs RPS Rhydons
Suave Swalots vs Sootopolis City Snorlaxes

Week 5
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy vs Gigachad Garchomps
Suave Swalots vs Wooloo Warriors
Sootopolis City Snorlaxes vs RPS Rhydons

DEG

The night belongs to you
Congratulations to everyone drafted! Have fun!

1677440924950.png

Close20000
XSTATIC COLD20000
DenisTheMenace19000
Here Comes Team Charm!18000
Squirtell 1v115500
bo_bobson2715500
Potatochan15000
Justdelemon15000
TheShadowClaw14500
torterraxx13000
SuperMemeBroz11500
stravench11500
maki11000
Akeras11000
Boat11000
Sanshokuinsumireko10000
PA10000
XanderUrBoi10000
Kentari10000
lancert9000
LittEleven9000
DripLegend8500
eu8500
Euphonos8000
gorilaa8000
Dj Breloominati♬7500
Bomb21XD7500
bored_glitch7000
Vrji6500
Baleblaze6500
LRXC6000
a fruitshop owner6000
mrextrazy6000
bea6000
Adam35606000
Tol6000
Blurmpt6000
LeCehlou6000
rumia5500
Fragments5000
Irpachuza5000
autumn5000
Sificon5000
Freddy Kyogre4500
Kolohe4500
A Hero's Destiny4500
Roginald4500
DC4000
Marshme1to4000
Lialiabeast4000
Call me PK4000
kenny4000
7shoes3500
Lucario3500
Chris321563000
SwordIsBored3000
Opchurtle1003000
El Spicy3000
Eeveekid103000
Nowelle3000
Tom15353000

Arai

aka the situation
RE: El Spicy

El Spicy has been discovered to be an alt account of a banned user and has therefore been banned from Smogon and removed from the tournament. There is no evidence pointing to Garchomps’ managers Jamez and Nick being aware of El Spicy being an alt, and as such will not receive any punishment.

Garchomps’ will be allowed to pick a replacement that may play starting in Week 2.

Result: El Spicy is banned from Smogon and removed from the tournament, with Garchomps’ being allowed a replacement as per precedent and consultation with the tournament directors.

Arai

aka the situation
RE: Blurmpt vs eu

This series initially started with Irpachuza vs eu, with Irpachuza on Thursday before the scheduled time requesting to play later or volunteering to be subbed out. Blurmpt was chosen as the sub, and they had first agreed to a time on Thursday which eu had missed. An attempt to reschedule was made which resulted in eu missing the time again. Both sides definitely have faults in this situation and you could argue that eu had not confirmed the last scheduled time, but as he had proposed the new time he should have been more careful while waiting for a response. Ultimately, with all factors considered, Blurmpt has more push in this situation.

Result: Activity for Blurmpt

DEG

The night belongs to you
RE: Tom1535

The 1v1 TD team has received irrefutable evidence that Tom1535 attempted team leaking in OGPL. He has impersonated a player from the My Beautiful Dark Twisted Manaphy and challenged SwordIsBored to get information about his teams and leak them.

Tom1535 will be infracted and tourbanned from team tournaments until the end of 2023 and will no longer be able to participate in OGPL I. The Wooloo Warriors will not get a replacement.

Arai

aka the situation
RE: Jamez

Regarding the aforementioned El Spicy situation, we have now been provided with undisputable evidence that Jamez purposefully drafted El Spicy knowing full well that it was an alt account.

Result: Jamez will be infracted and will not be allowed any authority in tournaments in the future, and will be banned from participating in 1v1 tournaments for 1 year. Jamez may also not participate in the next OGPL. Nick must declare a new co-manager and Gangsta Spongebob will be allowed to remain on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)