Gen 5 1st RMT in my favourite tier : BW RU.

1628518206417.png
Hi, I'm Oldcvcv. At the start of July, BW RU was chosen for RoA spotlight, and i figured out that it was a great tier ! So I made a bunch of teams, mostly offensive teams because it is in my opinion the best team style, including the one that i'm showing today.
Moltres @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Cryogonal @ Icicle Plate
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 60 HP / 76 Def / 176 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Druddigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Escavalier @ Occa Berry
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Megahorn
- Pursuit
- Iron Head
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Manectric @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Switcheroo

Sceptile @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Drain Punch
- Acrobatics
During my experimentation in the tier, i also figured out that Moltres was kiiiinda good, so i made a team with it. Its goal is to pressure the opponent so he can't put stealth rocks, and spin them away as easily and fastly as possible.

1628518235475.png
It's a huge threat, maybe the biggest in the tier. Fire blast + Hurricane + HP grass is a really good combo. Roost makes him live longer, obviously. It has a Life Orb because it makes him much stronger, and lets him change moves. LO Moltres has very little checks, the best being Lanturn who doesn't even have a healing move. Full spa max Speed.

1628518235475.png
1628518293429.png
Moltres may be super strong, it takes 49% when he comes in if stealth rocks are up. So i put here my favourite spinner in offensive teams by far : Offensive Cryogonal. I prefer it over Kabutops because it is very speedy, I often find that it spins more regularly that Kabu. Recover for a little bit of longevity, Ice beam for the STAB, and HP Fire for the steels. Icicle Plate for staying alive longer while hitting stronger. EVs in Defense to not die from standard Druddigon's Sucker Punch, the speed to outspeed max speed Sigilyph, and the rest of the EVs are in HP and Spa.

1628518235475.png1628518293429.png
1628518342529.png
I needed a Stealth Rocker, and Druddigon is, imo, the best one. I don't have any team without a Druddigon. Outrage for the STAB, Earthquake for the coverage, and Sucker punch for good priority. It is a huge threat, and can checks things like Sceptile, Liligant, Entei, Rotom-Mow, and Manectric.
EVs in speed to outspeed Tangrowth, rest in HP and Max Atk. Really good pokemon.

1628518235475.png1628518293429.png1628518342529.png
1628518371521.png
I needed a thing to "kinda" check Druddigon, Durant and Escavalier, while being an offensive threat. Escavalier is kinda cool for that. I made it occa berry because i don't want it to be a free trap for Magneton. So for beating it, i also made it Hidden power Ground. Yeah, it's weird, but Escavalier doesn't have any coverage anyway. It also hits hard Aggron, who comes freely on Esca and kills something. I know it's not very good but there isn't much else. Occa is also here for tanking a rare Fire Punch, HP Fire from Uxie , and pursuiting it, or fire move from Druddigon. Megahorn and Iron head for the stabs, and Pursuit for Ghosts and pursuiting Uxie and Mesprit. It has 0 EVs in Speed and Brave nature for outspeeding OTR Slowking under Trick Room, because the MU is rough. Full HP, Max Atk.

1628518235475.png1628518293429.png1628518342529.png1628518371521.png
1628518451382.png
This team was kinda slow, so i put a really fast thing, Scarf Manectric. It is only outsped by Scarf Durant, which shares the same weaknesses with Escavalier. Volt Absorb allows the team to have some good immunities. Volt Switch for keeping momentum, Thunderbolt for good STAB, Overheat for very good coverage, and Switcheroo for crippling things like Druddigon, rare Quagsire and Uxie, although you prefer to Volt Switch here. Max Speed Full Spa.

1628518235475.png1628518293429.png1628518342529.png1628518371521.png1628518451382.png
1628518482565.png
I thought about a Setup Sweeper, and put a Sword Dance Sceptile. It is a very dangerous sweeper. It has the combination of Unburden, Flying Gem and Acrobatics. It's like a Z-move, but it makes you faster, that reminds of someting..... Anyway, Leaf Blade for STAB, and Drain Punch for Ferroseed. It cleans weakened teams very easily, especially offensive ones. You run Adamant because you outrun everything after Unburden's boost.

Threat list : LO Moltres : If it manages to get in safely, choose a pokemon to be sacrified and revenge kill it with Manectric.
Fighters : Try to keep Stealth Rocks away so Moltres can kinda come in.
Rhydon : If your opponent doesn't really predict, go on Moltres on anything other than a Rock move. If he does predict, choose a pokemon to be sacrified and revenge kill it with Cryogonal or Sceptile, or predict the switch-out and spin or set-up yourself

This team is a very offensive one, but you have to play it to it strenghts. You have to be agressive, make double switches, pressure the opponent so he can't put stealth rocks and so you have Moltres at full health.

I really hope you get into BW RU because it is a great great tier. If you have any thoughts about this team, comment ! (sry if my english sucks ass)

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ru-1378652966-qxni75ygtmx94r6igzt1n9euupvy61dpw
When I played the game, the team was a bit different, Cryogonal was LO and it hadn't EVs in def, but it didn't really matter since my opponent didn't have Druddigon. I led off with Moltres since it beats every opposing pokemon but the opposing Moltres, but my Druddigon and Manectric beat it.

This replay shows certain things i'm saying in the RMT. Turn 5, Haail switches-in Moltres on my Escavalier. I can't let him just kill something, so i switch-in my Druddigon who isn't that bad against Moltres. I guess I could bring Manectric and double switch on my Moltres anticipating the Rhydon but the idea is still here : you can't let huge offensive threats come in freely. You have to pressure the opponent so you don't lose. (The replay is from my run in RoA Spotlight Tournament).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)