SV OU 1st Competitive Team

My first serious competitive team, its been pretty consistent but i literally havent played enough games to have a high elo so maybe its just cuz im low ladder (~1200 lol)

Anyways heres the squad

zoroark-hisui.gif

Style Savvy (Zoroark-Hisui) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Illusion
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Bitter Malice
- Memento
- U-turn

Zoroark is my lead whenever i dont know what to lead with, i usually disguise it as gallade or dragapult to get people to click a ghost move, or ill lead disguised as garchomp against hatterene teams to bait them into trying to magic bounce me.
Sash is because zoroarks defenses are so awful, and it outspeeds most things. If im faster, at 1hp i can either memento against a threat, or if that isnt worth it i can U-turn out and come back in later as a sack or a memento button.
If they outspeed i click shadow sneak for the chip damage, a 1hp zoroark isnt worth switching out and damaging something else lol
Im never gonna tera this so tera bug cuz who cares

corviknight.gif

Saint Mercatør (Corviknight) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Mirror Armor
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- U-turn
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Corviknight is my "i dont have a good switch in to this" pivot, with it being slow and having U-turn and roost. i just let it eat damage for my mons thet actually do stuff. Defog is nice, and brave bird is filler tbh. Woulda ran body press but with gallade's sacred sword and gholdengo's focus blast, I felt i was covered for fighting moves. And corviknights not supposed to deal big damage anyways so

dragapult.gif

Wine Mom (Dragapult) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn
- Phantom Force
- Sucker Punch

Im pretty sure this set is ripped straight from the smogon dex, but i swapped infiltrator for clear body. Cool, anyways

garchomp (1).gif

Yaki (Garchomp) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Spikes

Again, ripped straight from smogon. Support garchomp is nice for using dragon tail vs setup mons and for hazards. Not much to it lol

pm1081_00_00_00_big.png

Here I Come I Am (Gholdengo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Good as Gold
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Make It Rain
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Big suprise, gholdengo is on this team. Ive considered running dazzling gleam over focus blast, but focus blast OHKOs garganacl and i hate that guy lol
Thunderbolt is nice for toxapex and for just general coverage
Since its specs i ran tera steel to offset the 1st stat drop from make it rain and keep it strong longer

gallade.gif

Skilled Roy (Gallade) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sharpness
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Agility
- Sacred Sword
- Psycho Cut
- Aqua Cutter

Gallade is probably my favorite mon on this team tbh. Sharpness is an insane ability, and if you can get off an agility he'll usually sweep at least half of the other team.
Sacred sword and psycho cut are obviously your STAB buttons, and for the 4th move slot i currently have aqua cutter mostly for skeledirge, but i very well could change it to leaf blade or night slash.
Tera fighting is because of scarf dragapult, who outspeeds you even at +2, and because of sucker punch. Getting rid of your ghost weakness and gaining a dark resist while also buffing sacred sword further is really nice.

Im sure theres some massive oversight with this team but idk its worked so far and its fun lol

Few things I’ve noticed while looking at this team. I’ll give suggestions but I’m not that good (~1400) so take these takes with a pinch of salt.

1. Fast offensive mons look like an issue. Specs dragapult, specs greninja and speedy walking wake destroy team as corv can’t eat their hits. If you boost with pult or gallade you can beat them, but that’s if you get a chance to boost up, if not, you’re in trouble. To fix this I suggest swapping gholdengo out for kingambit in order to give your team the ability to tank hits. Making gholdengo scarf might work as well but the loss in power will hurt a lot and it isn’t necessary for teams rn imo.

2. The zoroak set. Imo zoroak hisui isn’t very good but since the team is built around it I will stick with it. Shadow sneak is not very necessary as dragapult can help with faster mons and zoroak is by no means slow. The lead set is also not great due to its sash being useless mid/late game with hazards up. Switching it to a nasty plot set will allow you to take advantage of illusion and punish your opponent for firing off a resisted/immune attack by demolishing what’s in front of you or at least forcing out a spdef wall for you to take advantage of with gallade.

3. Dondozo. I hate dondozo and this team seems like it does as well. Nothing on this team can break it besides gholdengo, a mon that also has to help with defog blocking and stopping great tusk from spinning, meaning that it can just die on a miss predict, leaving the team powerless against the big fish, and you chose to swap out gholdengo, then this team could get 6-0ed by curse dozo. If you chose to stay with gholdengo, then making dragapult a specs set and making gholdengo a nasty plot sweeper would allow this team to deal with dozo much more effectively. If you do chose to sub out gholdengo for kingambit, then making dragapult specs is highly advised.

This is a cool team tho and I will be using gallade in the future (Ty for the idea).

Cool team! If I may offer some advice:

:sv/zoroark-hisui: I really like Zoroark in the current meta, especially with Banded Dragapult you have on the team. That said, your set I feel is a bit inconsistent. I'd swap Sneak for Nasty Plot and have Flamethrower and Grass Knot or Hyper Voice as other attacking moves. Let's Zoroark really dent teams and getting a nasty plot can be fairly easy if you play your illusion card right. Bitter malice and shadow ball are upto preference but I personally prefer shadow ball as it helps me diguise it better. Also, I really like boots on Zoroark but if you orefer sash then that's cool too.

:sv/corviknight: Corvi set is fine, I think pressure is better so you can pp stall some moves aimed at you but I guess mirror armour is fine as well.

:sv/dragapult: This one's also fine but trust me you'd much rather have Infiltrator considering shed tail is annoying and random sub users can disrupt you. Clear body would be fine in a Landorus meta but rn there's no intimidate user.

:sv/garchomp: This set is fine although I personally prefer more defence investment as the speed is mostly unnecessary on Tank Chomp.

:sv/gholdengo: I think you should make Gholdengo a Spdef set with almost max spdef, nasty plot, recover and STABs. Your team struggles a bit with special attackers, especially Iron Valiant, and a spdef Ghold would help vs them.

:sv/gallade: I haven't really used Gallade so I won't speak much on it, I think your set is cool.

Anyway I rambled quite a bit lol, if you think my changes help then awesome, good luck on the ladder!

Everyone pretty much said what I was going to comment on so I wanted to emphasize running infiltrator since you'll find more use with it in the long run and helping out zoroark...

I would say that the abilities on Corv and Pult are weird. I get the thought behind not wanting your stats dropped, but I think that sticking with the classic sets will work better. Infiltrator can get rid of substitute mons and pressure pp stalls opposing mons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)