SV OU (~1600+) Double Garg + Hatt Threat - Requested Team (Let Them Cook)

Who Is The Best Sweeper In OU?

• Calm Mind Hatterene

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Curse/ Iron Defence Garganacl

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Quiver Dance Volcarona

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Dragon Dance Dragonite

• Swords Dance Kingambit

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Bulk Up Great Tusk

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Dragon Dance Roaring Moon

• Calm Mind Iron Valiant

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1679442935847.png
1679442948990.png
1679442965130.png
1679442976270.png
1679442989664.png
1679443000477.png

(Sorry light mode using friends, this is fixed now)
So, I had a surprising number of people request I make a post about a recent team I used so here is the aforementioned post.

I have been having some serious luck with this team for a while now and it's all thanks to the most recent tournament that has been going on. I kept seeing the same mons used over and over again and, wouldn't you know it, those teams kept winning.

For starters, there is no proof of any sort of peak. I gained ~300-400 ELO using this team so far (across a couple of different usernames) and I plan to take it all the way to the top because I know it is peak material. So hopefully you can get some luck with this team as well and destroy all that stand in your way.

Table Of Contents
1. (No) Proof Of Peak
2. Teambuilding Process
3. Pokemon Description
4. Threats
5. Replays
6. Conclusion

7. Importable
--Any Team/ Post Edits That Have Been Made--

1. (No) Proof Of Peak

As I said, the ELO was gathered over a couple of different usernames so you'll just have to try out the team for yourself, sorry buck-o's. But I can guarantee that I gained about 300-400 ELO over a couple of days with this team.

2. Teambuilding Process

So this all started with a completely different team that I have been having some pretty good luck with itself: https://pokepast.es/f3e9053043251609
1679443532384.png
1679443545658.png
1679443550760.png
1679443555916.png
1679502393594.png
1679443595460.png
This team got me pretty far before I lost it all playing around with random teams and sets on my main account (not a testing account which I have now).

Like I said, it works but I wanted to make it better and, also like I said, kept seeing the same mons in the tourney we are all in now. There had to be a reason for this so I started to take mons that I saw were most common, replacing mons on my team above, and trying to make it all work.
1679443532384.png
1679443545658.png
1679443945688.png
1679443555916.png
1679444635389.png
1679443595460.png
The first two swaps that I made were Tusk and King. I used to have tusk on my team but one thing lead to another and he got benched. Well, he's back as the reliable spinner of the team. I also swapped out gholdengo for kingambit because I found that kingambit does everything gholdengo did but better. Plus he has sucker punch!
1679442935847.png
1679443545658.png
1679443945688.png
1679443555916.png
1679444635389.png
1679443595460.png
Next up was garg for corv. In all honesty, I have been toying with the idea of swapping this mon back but if garg can cook, he pretty much wins.
1679442935847.png
1679443545658.png
1679443945688.png
1679442989664.png
1679444635389.png
1679443595460.png
And lastly I swapped out volcarona for hatterene. Volcarona is nice, and the tera rock set I made up is even nicer, but volcarona is very much a "one trick pony". And I discovered that the higher I got in the ladder, the less people let you set up and steam roll them. So volcarona had to go and hatterene ended up being the perfect replacement since I still get a good special attacking mon. I also swapped dragapult from an attacker to a special attacker so I didnt get eaten by physically defensive mons...

3. Pokemon Description

1679445508422.png

The Garg (Garganacl) @ Leftovers
Ability: Purifying Salt
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Iron Defense
- Body Press

- Recover

Garg acts as your sponge number one out of three, specifically defensive with some special defense on the front end. Garg should never come out first, or even second. What I have found that works the best is when you wait until you eliminate the opposing team's special attackers (or most of them). Once that happens it is really easy to set up with a single iron defense and cook with salt cure/ body press. Tera water is there to get rid of potential mons that would stop you (since, you know, you're rock type). But in all honesty, if you can get up one iron defense then there is little that can stop you physical-wise (except for an already cooking mon. But if you let an opposing mon run wild it's really your fault...). You can send Garg in on potential status moves and surprise tera water to start your rain of terror (I have done this numerous times), but I wouldn't tera garg until later in the game if you can help it. Unless it's a weather team. If you are facing a rain or sun team then I have found that sending garg, tera-ing right away, and setting up an iron defense is a good way to ensure a solid win.
1679445523613.png

The Clod (Clodsire) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

- Recover

Clod is your special defense sponge and sponge number two out of three. If for some reason you allowed the opposing team to cook then it's clod to the rescue. This is why I would save your tera until you know it's safe because the last thing you'd want to do is have a polteageist or an armor-what-have-you start setting up and stored power killing your entire team. If they send out one of the aforementioned mons then counter with clod right away, tera dark, and prevent that from happening. However, aside from this, clod does a really good job of stopping whatever special mon they might try to throw at you. And since water absorb is so common, they won't expect you're unaware and will probably attempt to set up on you in vain. Why not water absorb? I haven't found it as useful especially since you have tera water garg or hatt which does the job of stopping water moves/ weather teams pretty efficiently.
1679445543553.png

The King (Kingambit) @ Leftovers
Ability: Supreme Overlord
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Kowtow Cleave
- Sucker Punch

- Swords Dance

This is one of your sweepers and a very standard set. Sucker punch is for those quick kills, while iron head and kowtow cleave allow you to do some nasty damage on switch or set-up predictions. The same goes for setting up with swords dance on these predictions too. I have found kingambit to be a fairly prediction-heavy mon so if you don't mind that then you shouldn't have any trouble winning with them.
1679445555598.png

The Tusk (Great Tusk) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Close Combat

- Rapid Spin

Another fairly standard set. Rapid spin to remove hazards and damage on switch predictions. I went with a more attacking tusk over a defensive tusk because there are already three other good defensive mons on this team, and a quick close combat/ earthquake I have found is more useful than surviving attacks that you could have switched out of to avoid. Plus if you're able to get off an easy rapid spin (assuming you do not want to knock off an item) that allows you to outspeed most opposing mons who might assume you are a more defensive tusk since defensive tusks are becoming all the rage as of late.

1679445566382.png

The Hatt (Hatterene) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Draining Kiss
- Mystical Fire

- Nuzzle

And last but not least we have our third sponge out of three. Hatt plays the exact same role as garg (more or less) except on the special end, near literally to a T. What I have found that works is, again, waiting until the opposing team runs out of special mons to throw at you and start cooking. Unlike garg, however, hatt is allowed to switch back and forth with other mons, acting as a good physical counterpart to clod. Not to mention magic bounce is super helpful on mons like ting lu or garchop who think they can set up on you. Not to mention that you threaten most setters hard. I went for mystic fire and nuzzle over shadow ball and psyshock because I just think it's more useful. Mystic fire gives me that much-needed fire move while nuzzle is good for predicting switches and crippling. I just didn't find shadow ball and psyshock as useful because mystic fire and draining kiss cover me pretty well already.

1679445576795.png

The Pult (Dragapult) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- U-turn

I am going to be honest, I miss banded darts but my team needed another special attacker so I swapped dragapult over to a special mon. Dragapult is your designated starter with fast u-turns. What I have found to be most useful with dragapult is its ability. Too many times I have been caught with my pants down facing an orthworm only to have it shed tail and poop all over me. And with king, this mon also can be a little prediction heavy. If you know your opponent is going to set up a sub and start cooking, swap to pult and take it out asap. Tera ghost is for more powerful shadow balls to increase KO potential which I have found to be invaluable while the other moves are for coverage. The reason why I have a +spe nature over +spatk is because of dragonite. Currently, I outspeed a +1 adamant dragonite which I have found can give this team some trouble. If you know dragonite is coming out or if a dragonite is already out and your back is against a wall, swapping right away to dragapult and clicking draco meteor has saved me too many times.

4. Threats

Here are some more notable threats although I may be forgetting some... If you see any more glaringly obvious ones that I may have missed, let me know...

1679448182460.png

Ground moves, notably banded tusk and moon. The only good switch for this is for tusk or hatt to come in and take some hits. Or for you to sac a mon. If you are able to tera garg/ hatt then you have a good chance of healing back up and retaliating with draining kiss/ salt cure. But if you already wasted your tera then it might be all over. Hatt can survive some hits on their own, but previous chip damage might spell trouble.

1679448231877.png

Meowscarada. For some reason, I have a tough time with meow, although I don't face them often. I would assume getting off an iron defense on garg would be one of your better bets. Or being able to safely with a non tera hatt/ dragapult. If they are a scarfed meow then hatt would be the better option simply because you can draining kiss and stall. Even banded meow would be stopped by the old draining kiss and stall. So yeah, garg or hatt, maybe pult if you know you can outspeed and they don't have sucker punch.

1679489031376.png

It has been brought to my attention that wake is a dirty boy. Your best bet for wake is to (since it's going to be on a sun team 9 times out of 10) send out garg right away and tera with an iron defense. When wake inevitably comes out second, recover to stall out one or two draco meteors, and then eat it up with salt cure. You can also safe switch into hatt which'll clean up wake after a single calm mind. Then it's off to the races with draining kiss.

I can't think of any super tough threats besides the ones above so if you can think of any obvious ones then let me know. As I type this post more and more I am leaning toward the previous corv I used. It would help cover these threats, after all. Hmm...

5. Replays

I don't think of it often enough to have replays for you all. Although I could go out and create some now, I don't have time that I want to invest in it currently.

6. Conclusion + Importable

And that just about wraps it up. I would like to point out that I have thought about numerous times swapping back corv with garg and breloom with king. Corv would act as a very solid defense mon that can keep earth moves at bay which I seem to have some slight trouble with and breloom has saved me too many times to count. Plus, king seems a little too predictable/ wall-able at times. And before you mention it, no I don't want to give king tera blast and a coverage tera move. I just don't think it would fit well on this already tera-dependent team.

But let me know what you think. What would you change? Do you think breloom/ corv might work better? And above all else, use this team to get yourself many dubs and tell me how it works for you/ what you may have tweaked with your time playing.

Happy hunting, friend-os.

https://pokepast.es/4c84bd2f92cea120
1679448389873.png

-- TEAM EDITS -- POST EDITS -- TEAM EDITS -- POST EDITS -- TEAM EDITS --

(TUSK) Leftovers --> Heavy-Duty Boots
Added Walking Wake Contingency Plan

Last edited:
Hey!
Overall great team !
I think if youre struggling with ground types & meowscarada, you could experiment about with baxcalibur.
If you don't really want to make the switch, you could always run ice spinner on great tusk.
I think not having a switch in to ground is pretty tough especially as theres so many strong ground types right now.
You could also try using a Scarf Rotom. It outspeeds meow and has a ground immunity allowing you to pivot. It'd also pair well with dragapult as it forms a strong VoltTurn core.
Running trick on it would also help your offensive pokemon cripple through walls as theyd be locked into a move, Twave or Wisp also help you in terms of speed control or rendering phsyical attackers useless.
Hydro pump would also allow you to hit ground types hard

Honestly the team is really solid as is but just thought id give a recommendation :)

:extremecheems:

Exotic64

Clannad Finisher
is a Tiering Contributor
nice team, but how would this fend over against sun, notably wake? tera water garg seems like the only answer, and if that's the case then other mons like roaring moon/scovillain just 6-0? overall looks good

Hi there motor hawk! Loving the team, but there's a few things I'd change.

Recommend changes

:Great tusk:
evs or ---> :corviknight:

max HP tusk definitely fits here better as hazard removal, letting switch into hits better. Also I'd try to put rocks on it for more hazard opportunities. On the other hand, corv helps with the ground problem ( :clodsire: in particular) and has reliable recovery for better removal, and can also pivot. Whichever you prefer.

and that's about it for the recommended :smogduck:

optional changes

There's quite a few of these so get ready

:Garganacl: to curse quake set

Curse quake works better as a sweeper, especially since cloak ghold exists that stops bp, so this helps with that.

Tera flying on :kingambit:

this helps to beat most grounds, tusk in particular. Although tera fairy is fine

Mystical fire on :hatterene: to psyshock

This once again helps to beat clod, although mystical fire is still good for corv and ghold. Now that I think about it you could try stored power to beat all of them, although I haven't tried it myself.

Tera water on :great tusk:

This is my personal favourite tera on tusk, as it beats waters and ice types, but I'm not entirely sure on which one's the best, so you can keep tera steel if you want.

That's all from me for now and I hope this helps:blobthumbsup:

:Sv/electrode: Goodbye :sv/electrode:

Hey!
Overall great team !
I think if youre struggling with ground types & meowscarada, you could experiment about with baxcalibur.
If you don't really want to make the switch, you could always run ice spinner on great tusk.
I think not having a switch in to ground is pretty tough especially as theres so many strong ground types right now.
You could also try using a Scarf Rotom. It outspeeds meow and has a ground immunity allowing you to pivot. It'd also pair well with dragapult as it forms a strong VoltTurn core.
Running trick on it would also help your offensive pokemon cripple through walls as theyd be locked into a move, Twave or Wisp also help you in terms of speed control or rendering phsyical attackers useless.
Hydro pump would also allow you to hit ground types hard

Honestly the team is really solid as is but just thought id give a recommendation :)

:extremecheems:
Good ideas. Haven't played around with bax as much (and in all honesty I 100% think ice is weak to ground 100% of the time) but I might give them a lookskee. I do like rotom though. Not much of a fan (pun not intended) but it does fit well...

nice team, but how would this fend over against sun, notably wake? tera water garg seems like the only answer, and if that's the case then other mons like roaring moon/scovillain just 6-0? overall looks good
To be completely honest, I don't run into wake often. But usually, an early tera on garg catches them off guard enough to run house. Or a safe switch into hatt with one calm mind is then enough to live whatever wake throws and retaliate with draining kiss. Or sending out hatt and draining kiss stall is an easy win too. Probably a nuzzle first might help.

Hi there motor hawk! Loving the team, but there's a few things I'd change.

Recommend changes

:Great tusk:
evs or ---> :corviknight:

max HP tusk definitely fits here better as hazard removal, letting switch into hits better. Also I'd try to put rocks on it for more hazard opportunities. On the other hand, corv helps with the ground problem ( :clodsire: in particular) and has reliable recovery for better removal, and can also pivot. Whichever you prefer.

and that's about it for the recommended :smogduck:

optional changes

There's quite a few of these so get ready

:Garganacl: to curse quake set

Curse quake works better as a sweeper, especially since cloak ghold exists that stops bp, so this helps with that.

Tera flying on :kingambit:

this helps to beat most grounds, tusk in particular. Although tera fairy is fine

Mystical fire on :hatterene: to psyshock

This once again helps to beat clod, although mystical fire is still good for corv and ghold. Now that I think about it you could try stored power to beat all of them, although I haven't tried it myself.

Tera water on :great tusk:

This is my personal favourite tera on tusk, as it beats waters and ice types, but I'm not entirely sure on which one's the best, so you can keep tera steel if you want.

That's all from me for now and I hope this helps:blobthumbsup:

:Sv/electrode: Goodbye :sv/electrode:
Yeah, you make a good suggestion with tusk, certainly something to look into...

As for garg, a single iron defense nine times out of ten is enough to provide a solid enough stall wall. I get curse quake garg for things like cc ghold, but covert cloak is so situational, and once I know they have covert cloak, it's an easy pay around with king. Equake might be a nice swap for body press but that'll have to be played around with to know for sure.

Tera fairy was a mistake, thanks for catching that.

I've also played around with a potential psyshock switch but then I would get walled by scary steel types and whatever I would want to hit with psyshock (except for clod) gets bodied by draining kiss (more or less).

Good ideas. Haven't played around with bax as much (and in all honesty I 100% think ice is weak to ground 100% of the time) but I might give them a lookskee. I do like rotom though. Not much of a fan (pun not intended) but it does fit well...
Glad you liked the idea :)
And yeah, whilst Bax isnt a switch in by any means he for sure hits them hard. You could also play around with Hydreigon as he provides a ground immunity and resists meowscarada. Just another idea :)
Enjoy !

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hi, i see you in this sub-forum a lot so figured i'd take a crack at this one. the issue with balance right now is that it demands a lot in terms of slots so its hard to fit in a) a ground immune and b) a wake check. I do have some ideas for you to try out but nothing is going to be 100% the best here. This rate will be a little different from me previous ones as there is a ton of little tweaks I figured you can do to best fit however you want to play this team.

universal change
:clodsire: -> :slowking:

every version of the team I ended up, i felt there was very little need for clodsire across all of them. first off, you dont really need an unaware mon in order to beat sweepers on balance, while having a dondozo, clod or dirge is super helpful I wouldnt force myself to run them at the sake of the teams synergy. clod is the hardest unaware mon to justify on a team, especially this one, because a lot of pokemon tend to overlap it in its roles while not being a momentum sink. I decided to give you a slowking for a few reasons; first this gives you a wake check, this also gives you an additional means of pivoting instead of relying on just u-turn, chilly reception changes the weather which is good in sun, this also gives you a more reliable spdef pivot into valiant which is a threat for the team, and finally future sight helps give you an additional means of pressure. I'll be touching on the sun mu again but this is a change that stays constant throughout the entire rate.

okay so once i swapped out the momentum sink the mon i had to tighten up some role compression. theres a few ways to do this so ill touch on them briefly.

:great-tusk::garganacl:
a lot of the rate depends on the path you want to take with these two. with the addition of a water resist in slowking I don't find the need for wincon garg all too necessary esp since you want to try and keep your tera types diverse, however it is still an option. ill list the routes I went down mentally

Path A) Change garg to physdef fairy with rocks, make tusk body physdef fire with body press. in combination, this can help with mus such as volcarona and brute bonnet respectively while also helping with the weakness to ground types. these also can help patch the meows weakness.

Path B) Change garg to curse and put rocks on tusk, make tusk either fire or steel tera. fire helps vs brute bonnet and volc some volc sets while spdef garg can help vs other volc sets and some spa hitters. steel is a more reliable defensive typing than fire, resisting psychic, but doesn't net as many mus as you might think. steel can also help u not get cheesed by poltegeist and similar mons though so its a give or take

:kingambit::hatterene::corviknight:
next up is fixing the whole ordeal with your progress makers here. with the addition of slowking and need for outs vs ground types this becomes quite tricky but there is several paths you can take this make this work. an option you can do is also remove hatterene altogether for bu/id corv which gives you more options vs offense while giving you a ground immune and a meows check, albeit not actually necessary so i didn't include it in universal changes. let me run down some of the paths i thought of. before i do though i 100% recommend putting psyshock on hatterne > mfire you can make progress on steel types without it.

Path A) make gambit tera flying while for hatts tera either a) if fairy garg make it water or b) if its curse garg make it fire. additionally something like tera dark could also work on this path.

Path B) make hatterene tera flying and make gambit tera fairy. pretty self-explanatory i feel, you can also try tera dark on gambit to help break better but the fairy resists seem better for the team.

Path C) change hatterene to corv, corv will either run tera dark to resist sball and help vs dark moves like kowtow, or tera dragon to check volcarona. in this case, I'd make kingambit tera fairy if you are not physdef garg, if you are make it tera fire. keep in mind water can be considered on tusk with corv if you have fairy garg

-small note but, if you want to run bulk up, use brave bird. if you want to run iron defense, use bp. do not use bulk up bp

other changes
:dragapult:
I'd just go flamethrower > tbolt, modest nature and potentially tera dragon for max breaking potential. considering you are relying on this + fs in most games to make progress you're going to need the power.

I know this mightve been hard to follow so i'm going to put several variants of the team and the outcomes when follow my multiple choiced paths and hopefully, it makes more sense and then you can kinda put together how you want the team to look on your own.
:garganacl::kingambit::dragapult::slowking::hatterene::great-tusk: physdef garg vers https://pokepast.es/5b3f5e3df96d27ff
:garganacl::kingambit::dragapult::slowking::hatterene::great-tusk: curse garg vers 1 https://pokepast.es/a451082651a1d3ca
:garganacl::kingambit::dragapult::slowking::hatterene::great-tusk: curse garg vers 2 https://pokepast.es/b1cdee56a6988c9e
:garganacl::kingambit::dragapult::slowking::corviknight::great-tusk: corv vers + physdef garg https://pokepast.es/32f97f84beaa7540
:garganacl::kingambit::dragapult::slowking::corviknight::great-tusk: corv vers + curse garg https://pokepast.es/19d80ebb54173d4e

hopefully this helps you understand the post a bit better with different routes you can take. I know it can be convoluted but this was the best way for me to rate this team, dm me any questions

Last edited:
hi, i see you in this sub-forum a lot so figured i'd take a crack at this one. the issue with balance right now is that it demands a lot in terms of slots so its hard to fit in a) a ground immune and b) a wake check. I do have some ideas for you to try out but nothing is going to be 100% the best here. This rate will be a little different from me previous ones as there is a ton of little tweaks I figured you can do to best fit however you want to play this team.

universal change
:clodsire: -> :slowking:

every version of the team I ended up, i felt there was very little need for clodsire across all of them. first off, you dont really need an unaware mon in order to beat sweepers on balance, while having a dondozo, clod or dirge is super helpful I wouldnt force myself to run them at the sake of the teams synergy. clod is the hardest unaware mon to justify on a team, especially this one, because a lot of pokemon tend to overlap it in its roles while not being a momentum sink. I decided to give you a slowking for a few reasons; first this gives you a wake check, this also gives you an additional means of pivoting instead of relying on just u-turn, chilly reception changes the weather which is good in sun, this also gives you a more reliable spdef pivot into valiant which is a threat for the team, and finally future sight helps give you an additional means of pressure. I'll be touching on the sun mu again but this is a change that stays constant throughout the entire rate.

okay so once i swapped out the momentum sink the mon i had to tighten up some role compression. theres a few ways to do this so ill touch on them briefly.

:great-tusk::garganacl:
a lot of the rate depends on the path you want to take with these two. with the addition of a water resist in slowking I don't find the need for wincon garg all too necessary esp since you want to try and keep your tera types diverse, however it is still an option. ill list the routes I went down mentally

Path A) Change garg to physdef fairy with rocks, make tusk body physdef fire with body press. in combination, this can help with mus such as volcarona and brute bonnet respectively while also helping with the weakness to ground types. these also can help patch the meows weakness.

Path B) Change garg to curse and put rocks on tusk, make tusk either fire or steel tera. fire helps vs brute bonnet and volc some volc sets while spdef garg can help vs other volc sets and some spa hitters. steel is a more reliable defensive typing than fire, resisting psychic, but doesn't net as many mus as you might think. steel can also help u not get cheesed by poltegeist and similar mons though so its a give or take

:kingambit::hatterene::corviknight:
next up is fixing the whole ordeal with your progress makers here. with the addition of slowking and need for outs vs ground types this becomes quite tricky but there is several paths you can take this make this work. an option you can do is also remove hatterene altogether for bu/id corv which gives you more options vs offense while giving you a ground immune and a meows check, albeit not actually necessary so i didn't include it in universal changes. let me run down some of the paths i thought of. before i do though i 100% recommend putting psyshock on hatterne > mfire you can make progress on steel types without it.

Path A) make gambit tera flying while for hatts tera either a) if fairy garg make it water or b) if its curse garg make it fire. additionally something like tera dark could also work on this path.

Path B) make hatterene tera flying and make gambit tera fairy. pretty self-explanatory i feel, you can also try tera dark on gambit to help break better but the fairy resists seem better for the team.

Path C) change hatterene to corv, corv will either run tera dark to resist sball and help vs dark moves like kowtow, or tera dragon to check volcarona. in this case, I'd make kingambit tera fairy if you are not physdef garg, if you are make it tera fire. keep in mind water can be considered on tusk with corv if you have fairy garg

-small note but, if you want to run bulk up, use brave bird. if you want to run iron defense, use bp. do not use bulk up bp

other changes
:dragapult:
I'd just go flamethrower > tbolt, modest nature and potentially tera dragon for max breaking potential. considering you are relying on this + fs in most games to make progress you're going to need the power.

I know this mightve been hard to follow so i'm going to put several variants of the team and the outcomes when follow my multiple choiced paths and hopefully, it makes more sense and then you can kinda put together how you want the team to look on your own.
:garganacl::kingambit::dragapult::slowking::hatterene::great-tusk: physdef garg vers https://pokepast.es/5b3f5e3df96d27ff
:garganacl::kingambit::dragapult::slowking::hatterene::great-tusk: curse garg vers 1 https://pokepast.es/a451082651a1d3ca
:garganacl::kingambit::dragapult::slowking::hatterene::great-tusk: curse garg vers 2 https://pokepast.es/b1cdee56a6988c9e
:garganacl::kingambit::dragapult::slowking::corviknight::great-tusk: corv vers + physdef garg https://pokepast.es/32f97f84beaa7540
:garganacl::kingambit::dragapult::slowking::corviknight::great-tusk: corv vers + curse garg https://pokepast.es/19d80ebb54173d4e

hopefully this helps you understand the post a bit better with different routes you can take. I know it can be convoluted but this was the best way for me to rate this team, dm me any questions
Thanks for the effort that clearly went into this post. I've made some changes to a copied team that you have either enforced of my own thoughts or have given new insight/ perspective into. Once I get around to trying it out (and if I remember) I will have to let you all know. Again, I appreciate it.

Is there a reason for slowking over spdef twave rotom-w?

Last edited:
Thanks for the effort that clearly went into this post. I've made some changes to a copied team that you have either enforced of my own thoughts or have given new insight/ perspective into. Once I get around to trying it out (and if I remember) I will have to let you all know. Again, I appreciate it.

Is there a reason for slowking over spdef twave rotom-w?
Theyre both good and both have their pros and cons i believe.
Slowking is a bit bulkier and you're able to deny them sun by using Chilly reception.
The con being, you sacrifice the ground immunity and a bit of speed control.
Though I think they're both solid picks and can be made to work

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)