04/16/2023 UPDATE (6 New Pokémon)

#150. “Jiren”
Ø
OT: CHRIS | ID: 00001 | Kanto (Red)
Timid - Unnerve (HA)
31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 Def
[S/V]: Psystrike | Fire Blast | Ice Beam | Recover

The nickname is a reference to Jiren (ジレン), a fictional character from the Dragon Ball media franchise by Akira Toriyama. Jiren is an extraterrestrial being with a humanoid stature. His visage is reminiscent of the grey alien archetype, with a pair of grey eyes that has enlarged black pupils and a very muscular physique. He is the leader of the Pride Troopers, a heroic organization who are organized around defending their universe from evildoers. Jiren possesses superhuman speed, strength, durability and reflexes, all of which are magnified to incredibly high levels. With ki energy manipulation, Jiren can fly and can use ki blasts for offensive uses and barriers for defense. His signature attack is Power Impact which fires an energy ball that travels far enough until it discharges into an explosion; he can also widen his eyes to create an invisible projection of force to repel attacks. “Strength is everything. All is possible with power and power alone.”

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#359. “Nabooru”
♀
OT: Christian | ID: 001337 | Alola (Sun)
Jolly - Justified (HA)
31 | 31 | 31 | 0 | 31 | 31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 Def
[Sw/Sh]: Swords Dance | Knock Off | Sucker Punch | Close Combat

The nickname is a reference to Nabooru, a character in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. When Link first encounters Nabooru, she asks him to find a treasure, the Silver Gauntlets, located deep within the Spirit Temple. However, after finding the gauntlets, Link witnesses Nabooru being sucked into a portal by the black magic of Ganondorf's surrogate mothers, Koume and Kotake. Nabooru is next seen seven years later, when Link is an adult. She had been brainwashed and forced to serve Ganondorf in the form of an Iron Knuckle. Link defeats her and Nabooru is awakened from her brainwashed state; however, she is quickly vanquished by the magic of Koume and Kotake once again. Upon defeating the combined form of the two, known as Twinrova, Nabooru is awakened as the Sage of Spirit. After revealing herself, she compliments Link and bestows the Spirit Medallion unto him. When Link defeats Ganon, Nabooru and the other Sages combine their powers to seal Ganon away.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#381. “Manasseh”
♂
OT: Christian | ID: 122080 | Alola (Ultra Sun)
Timid - Levitate
[Sw/Sh]: Calm Mind | Psychic | Draco Meteor | Recover

The nickname is a reference to Manasseh, a tribal patriarch and first son of Joseph and Asenath (Genesis 41:50–52). According to a biblical account, the name Manasseh (given to him by Joseph) means "God has made me forget entirely my troubles and my father's house".

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#911. “Buckland”
♂
OT: Chris | ID: 021281 | Paldea (Scarlet)
Calm - Unaware (HA)
248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 SpA
[S/V]: Will-O-Wisp | Hex | Torch Song | Slack Off

The nickname is a reference to William Buckland (1784-1856), an English palaeontologist and finder of the first fossil skeleton of a human ever discovered in 1823, in southern Wales, associated with bones of extincted animals. Though Buckland initially presumed that the skeleton, ceremonially buried under six inches of soil in a limestone cave facing the sea, was male, he later revised his presumption to female because of a bracelet made of ivory found with it. Since the skeleton's bones were stained with ochre, the skeleton became known as the "Red Lady of Paviland". In 2008, radiocarbon-dating techniques conclusively showed these bones belonged to a male individual buried around 33,000 years ago, the oldest human remains ever found in Britain.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#914. “Esther”
♀
Jolly - Moxie (HA)
31 | 31 | 31 | 28 | 31 | 31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Aqua Step | Close Combat | Ice Spinner

The nickname is a reference to Esther Williams (1921-2013), an American competitive swimmer and dancer, considered by many to be an undisputed leader of musical comedy played mainly on aquatic numbers. Perfect physique, elegant appearance, smile that spread friendship, latent sensuality that she knew how to unleash in every elaborate dance sequence involving swimming. She set regional and national records in her late teens on the Los Angeles Athletic Club swim team.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#964. “Fungie”
♂
Jolly - Zero to Hero
31 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 31 | 31
[S/V]: Flip Turn | Jet Punch | Wave Crash | Close Combat

The nickname is an homage to Fungie, a male common bottlenose dolphin that became separated from other wild dolphins and lived in very close contact with the people of Dingle on the southwest coast of Ireland. Fungie was first seen in Dingle harbour in 1983 and continued to seek out human contact over the following 38 years, until his disappearance in October 2020. By 2019, it was estimated that he was at least 40 years of age and Guinness World Records declared him to be the oldest solitary wild dolphin in the world. Fungie was known to interact playfully with swimmers, surfers, kayakers and divers in the water. There have not been any recorded cases of Fungie being aggressive towards humans. Although it is normal for social animals like dolphins to live in close contact with each other, it is still a rare occurrence for them to seek out human contact, and Fungie is the first recorded occurrence of a dolphin interacting positively with humans in the wild.

Last edited:
Hello Christian! Ca i ask toi yours Fungie and Buckland? Im searching also a ditto To bread on scarlett

I have only one square shiny on sword but non competitive...

Does it bother you ?

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello Christian! Ca i ask toi yours Fungie and Buckland? Im searching also a ditto To bread on scarlett

I have only one square shiny on sword but non competitive...

Does it bother you ?
Greetings Gaudi, about Fungie and Buckland, I can most definitely assist you with this. As for the Ditto, I have a few free redistributable ones that Eppie kindly got for us on Gen 9; I’ll send you a PM when I’ll have them cloned and am ready to trade.

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
06/04/2023 UPDATE (General Revamp + 9 new Pokémon)

Pokémon HOME is out now for the Pokémon Scarlet/Violet games and with that I'm updating this thread for the current generation. :psyglad: I've re-taught/slightly revamped the moveset of the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn Pokémon so far (will have the other generations completed by the next update), and am currently ribboning my old Pokémon that are in the Paldea Pokédex with the Paldea Champion Ribbon.

{#143 - “Tarrare”}
III
♂

IVs: 31/31/31/2/31/31 - Careful\Thick Fat - CHRIS\00143 - Kanto (Fire Red)
[Sw/Sh]: Curse | Body Slam | Earthquake | Rest
[252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD]

Ribbons:

Info about Tarrare

Tarrare is my ninth personal Ribbon Master project from Gen 3, featuring all the Gen 3, 4, 6, 7 and 8 ribbons (bar National Ribbon, only obtainable on Colosseum/XD purified Pokémon). A Ribbon Master CurseLax is finally a possibility now thanks to the new Egg Move mechanics, so I had to get one for my Ribbon Master collection, especially considering the fact that Snorlax is also my favourite Kanto Pokémon and one of my favourite Pokémon in general. I preferred to get it from the Fire Red/Leaf Green games since I could get it shiny and for the nostalgic Kanto tag. After RNG abusing my savefile with the specific Pokédex TID for Snorlax, and the SID for square shininess, I managed to catch it on Route 12 after hitting the frame I had advanced thanks to the TeachyTV trick. From there, Tarrare did his best throughout the main games to obtain every possible available ribbon entirely on retail :p.
The nickname is a reference to Tarrare (1772-1798), a French showman and soldier noted for his unusual appetite and eating habits. He was primarily known for being constantly hungry and for being able to eat large quantities of food as well as unusual objects; since his family was unable to feed him, he traveled to France performing as a circus freak. Tarrare later moved to Paris, where he worked as a street artist and where he demonstrated that he was able to eat a meal sufficient for 15 people at one time and swallow live cats, snakes and other animals without chewing them. In case of fasting his skin would loosen so much that it could fold from his abdomen to his waist. If full, however, his abdomen swelled "like an enormous balloon". Wrinkly and flabby cheeks, when Tarrare opened his mouth, it could even hold twelve eggs or apples.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#006. “Hideaki”
♂
OT: Chris | ID: 001337 | Alola (Sun)
Jolly - Blaze
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Flare Blitz | Earthquake | Thunder Punch

Hideaki (秀明) is a Japanese masculine name, meaning "splendid brightness".

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#275. “Saria”
♀
Lonely - Chlorophyll
31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 SpA
[Sw/Sh]: Growth | Solar Blade | Sucker Punch | Heat Wave

The nickname is a reference to Saria, a character in Zelda: Ocarina of Time, known as "Sage of the Forest". She is Link's childhood friend from his years in the Kokiri Forest. Saria plays a song that inspires people to dance called "Saria's Song." When Link becomes the Hero of Time, he rescues her from the Forest Temple and allows her to awaken as the "Sage of the Forest".
"I've been waiting for you, Link! This is the Sacred Forest Meadow. It's my secret place! I feel... This place will be very important for both of us someday. That's what I feel. If you play the Ocarina here, you can talk with the spirits in the forest. Would you like to play the Ocarina with me?"

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#275. “Skogsrå”
♀
Adamant - Chlorophyll
[Sw/Sh]: Swords Dance | Leaf Blade | Knock Off | Sucker Punch

The nickname is a reference to the Skogsrå ("the Mistress of the Forest"), a mythical female creature of the forest in Swedish folklore. She appears in the form of a small, beautiful woman with a seemingly friendly temperament, but seen from behind she often has a tail and a hollow back or skin like tree bark. Those who are enticed into following her into the forest are never seen again. It was said that any human man who had intercourse with the Skogsrå became an introvert, as his soul had remained with her. If the seduced man is a hunter, he may be rewarded with good luck in the hunt, but should he be unfaithful to the Skogsrå, he will be punished with numerous accidents.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#471. “Tora”
♀
Timid - Ice Body (HA)
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 6 SpD
[S/V]: Ice Beam | Freeze-Dry | Shadow Ball | Tera Blast (Ground)

The nickname is a reference to Tora Olafsdotter, known as Ice, a comic book superheroine in publications from DC Comics, first appearing in Justice League International #12 (April 1988). The princess of an isolated tribe of magic-wielding Norsemen, Tora has the natural ability to create and manipulate ice. She can project in various forms quantities of ice and snow through her hands just enough to down an opponent and can create platforms of ice upon which she can skate. After her resurrection in Birds of Prey, Tora's powers seem incredibly destructive, expelling people from the building she's in as she awakens with bright white eyes, and conjuring a massive icy figure before her as well as controlling the weather to some degree, by causing the beginning of a blizzard far stronger than those known in that area.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#646. “Hyōrinmaru”
Ø
OT: Chris | ID: 000285 | Alola (Ultra Sun)
Timid - Turboblaze
[Sw/Sh]: Draco Meteor | Freeze-Dry | Fusion Flare | Roost

Hyōrinmaru (氷輪丸) is the manifested spirit of Tōshirō Hitsugaya's Zanpakutō in the Bleach manga series. Hyōrinmaru's physical manifestation takes the form of a tall man with an icy blue, X-shaped mark extending across his face, gray eyes, and long, teal-green hair which reaches his lower back. With his Bankai ability, Hyōrinmaru surrounds himself with icy wind before transforming into a large, icy blue, serpentine ice dragon with large wings and an echoing voice. Hyōrinmaru can also generate and manipulate ice for a variety of other purposes, he can create large spears to attack his opponents from afar and can fire icicles at high speeds from his hands. "Because of my enormous power, the one who uses me must be the most powerful Shinigami of all. That is why, logically, it could not be a child like you."

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#648. “Casulana”
Ø
OT: GF | ID: 12016 | Hoenn (Alpha Sapphire)
Timid - Serene Grace
[S/V]: Hyper Voice | Psychic | Focus Blast | U-turn

The nickname is a reference to Maddalena Casulana (1544-1590), an Italian composer, lutenist and singer of the late Renaissance. She is the first female composer to have had a whole book of her music printed and published in the history of western music. Her style is moderately contrapuntal and chromatic, reminiscent of some of the early work by Marenzio as well as many madrigals by Philippe de Monte, but avoids the extreme experimentation of the Ferrara school composers such as Luzzaschi and Gesualdo. Her melodic lines are singable and carefully attentive to the text. Casulana favoured dramatic dialogue in her polyphonic vocal works. This is demonstrated in her madrigal, "Morte - Che vôi - Te Chiamo?", in which she alternates different voices to highlight the questions and answers of the text.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#689. “Goldstein”

Jolly - Tough Claws
[Sw/Sh]: Shell Smash | Liquidation | Stone Edge | Earthquake

The nickname is a reference to Kurt Goldstein (1878-1965), a German neurologist and psychiatrist who described the first known case of Alien hand syndrome (AHS). AHS is a category of conditions in which a person experiences their limbs acting seemingly on their own, without conscious control over the actions. The affected person may sometimes reach for objects and manipulate them without wanting to do so, even to the point of having to use the controllable hand to restrain the alien hand. In a detailed case report published in 1908, Goldstein described a right-handed woman who had had a stroke affecting her left side from which she had partially recovered by the time she was seen. However, her left arm seemed as though it belonged to another person and performed actions that appeared to occur independent of her will. Barbaracle's Pokédex entry notes that its limbs have multiple minds of their own, which may be a reference to Alien hand syndrome.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#937. “Wedderburn”
♂
Jolly - Weak Armor (HA)
31 | 31 | 31 | 21 | 31 | 31
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Bitter Blade | Close Combat | Shadow Sneak

The nickname is a reference to Godfrey Wedderburn, a Knight Templar appearing in a Scottish legend. After having received a serious wound during a duel on a Crusade to the Holy Land, Wedderburn was left for dead on the battlefield. When Wedderburn regained consciousness he was discovered by a native girl, who nursed the knight back to health and with whom he fell in love. As a sign of love, the lady gave him a golden ring but staying true to his vows, Wedderburn could not marry her. Wedderburn eventually made his way back home, but unfortunately the local Grand Master thought that he was not pure and ordered him to kill himself using his own dagger. On hearing this the woman killed herself by stabbing her heart and as she died she cursed the preceptor. This caused a lightning bolt to strike him, killing him instantly and leaving a large hollow in the ground. Legend has it to this day, on the anniversary of the tragedy, the huge hole in the ground shines with shimmering blue light.

Last edited:
Good morning! I’ve been playing Pokémon since my childhood and now at 29 I’ve gotten back into it and I must say this thread is amazing! I just purchased Pokémon violet and I was wondering if I could get some pokemon from you? I recently added you on discord as well if you’d rather speak there

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
07/02/2023 UPDATE (13 new Pokémon)

Shout out to Eppie, JuicyGravitas, Light Sanctity and Max. Optimizer for the amazing Pokémon.

#059. “Gelert”
♂
Jolly - Rock Head (HA)
31 | 31 | 31 | 3 | 31 | 31
[S/V]: Flare Blitz | Head Smash | Close Combat | Extreme Speed

The nickname is a reference to Gelert, a legendary wolfhound associated with the village of Beddgelert (whose name means "Gelert's Grave") in Gwynedd, north-west Wales. In the legend, Llywelyn the Great returns from hunting to find his baby missing, the cradle overturned, and Gelert with a blood-smeared mouth. Believing the dog had devoured the child, Llywelyn draws his sword and kills Gelert. After the dog's dying yelp, Llywelyn hears the cries of the baby, unharmed under the cradle, along with a dead wolf which had attacked the child and been killed by Gelert. Llywelyn is overcome with remorse and buries the dog with great ceremony, but can still hear its dying yelp. After that day, Llywelyn never smiles again. The nickname was chosen since I wanted to draw a parallel between the previous Lord of Firespit Island appearing in Pokémon Legends: Arceus's plot, an Arcanine who died while saving a Pokémon from drowning in the sea, and Gelert who equally died trying to save the baby child from the wolf.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#354. “Annabelle”
♀
Adamant - Insomnia
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 SpD
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Knock Off | Shadow Claw | Shadow Sneak

The nickname is a reference to Annabelle, an allegedly haunted Raggedy Ann doll, housed in the now closed occult museum of the paranormal investigators Ed and Lorraine Warren. Annabelle was moved there after supposed hauntings in 1970. A character based on the doll is one of the antagonists that appear in the Conjuring Universe.
"Positively do not open".

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#398. “Okythoe”
♀
Jolly - Reckless (HA)
[S/V]: Brave Bird | Double-Edge | Close Combat | U-turn

The nickname is a reference to Okythoe ("swift runner"), one of the three Harpies in Greek mythology. The Harpies were generally depicted as a bird-of-prey with the head of maiden, a face pale with hunger and long claws on their hands personifying the destructive power of stormy winds. They were the daughters of the sea god Thaumas and the Oceanid Electra. In Greek and Roman mythology, they were also considered goddesses of death and creatures employed by the higher gods to carry out punishments for crimes. They used to live in the sacred Dikti Mountains of Crete.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#542. “Mielikki”
♀
Jolly - Swarm
[Bank]: Sticky Web | Leaf Blade | X-Scissor | Knock Off

The nickname is a reference to Mielikki, the Finnish goddess of forests and the hunt. Mielikki is known as a skillful healer who heals the paws of animals who have escaped traps, helps chicks that have fallen from their nests and treats the wounds of wood grouses after their mating displays. She knows well the healing herbs and will also help humans if they know well enough to ask her for it. Leavanny, on a similar note, shares this caring attitude by weaving clothing for small weak Pokémon from its leaves using the sticky silk secreted from its mouth.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#892. Eppie's “Terrible Ted" ♂
OT: Eppie | ID: 229905 | Galar (Sword)
Jolly - Unseen Fist
31 | 31 | 31 | 11 | 30 | 31
[S/V]: Wicked Blow | Sucker Punch | Close Combat | Poison Jab

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous male American black bear owned and trained by Canadian wrestler Dave McKigney.
The bear wrestled regularly for various North American promotions from the 1950s until the 1970s.

Not For Trade

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#894. Max. Optimizer's “Flere-Imsaho”
Ø
OT: Christophe | ID: 857696 | Galar (Sword)
Hasty - Transistor
31 | 30 | 31 | HT | 31 | 31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 SpA
[S/V]: Volt Switch | Wild Charge | Explosion | Extreme Speed

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous drone from Iain M. Bank's "The Culture" science fiction book series.

Not For Trade

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#895. Light Sanctity's “Eltanin”
Ø

OT: Light | ID: 820536 | Galar (Sword)
Modest (minted) - Dragon's Maw
HT | 31 | HT | 31 | 31 | HT
[S/V]: Dragon Energy | Draco Meteor | Dragon Pulse | Earth Power

The nickname is a reference to Eltanin (Gamma Draconis), a star in the northern constellation of Draco. Contrary to its gamma-designation (historically third-ranked), it is the brightest object in Draco at magnitude 2.2, outshining Beta Draconis by nearly half a magnitude and Alpha Draconis by over a magnitude. Gamma Draconis is at a distance of 154.3 light-years (47.3 parsecs) from the Sun, as determined by parallax measurements from the Hipparcos astrometry satellite.

Not For Trade

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#976. “Thuridur”
♀
Adamant - Sharpness (HA)
31 | 31 | 31 | 8 | 31 | 31
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
[S/V]: Fillet Away | Aqua Cutter | Aqua Jet | Psycho Cut

The nickname is a reference to Thuridur Einarsdottir (1777-1863), an Icelandic sea captain. Unusually for a woman, for over half a century she worked as an increasingly renowned fisherman, first as a deckhand then taking command of boats as "foreman", the term traditionally used for captain in Iceland.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#984. JuicyGravitas's “Isilo”
Ø

OT: Epoch | ID: 436903 | Paldea (Scarlet)
Jolly - Protosynthesis
30 | 31 | 31 | 0 | 31 | 31
[S/V]: Headlong Rush | Close Combat | Knock Off | Rapid Spin

The nickname is an homage to Isilo ("King" in Zulu), one of South Africa’s largest African elephants and the largest living tusker in the southern hemisphere before his death in 2014. Isilo was known as a tusker, a male elephant with tusks weighing over 100 pounds. He was a major attraction at the Tembe Elephant Park due to his immense size and his placid nature. Isilo's tusks were estimated to be more than 3 meters long. He died of natural causes relating to old age; Isilo's death attracted international media attention because his tusks, considered a National Heritage artifact, were missing when his body was discovered.

Not For Trade

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#984.“Satao”
Ø

Impish - Protosynthesis
31 | 31 | 31 | 5 | 31 | 31
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
[S/V]: Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Knock Off | Rapid Spin

The nickname is an homage to Satao, one of Kenya's largest African elephants that lived in Tsavo East National Park, one of the largest wildlife parks in the world. Like Isilo, Satao was also known as a tusker, with tusks that almost touched the ground. The Tsavo Trust announced that Satao was killed by poachers using a poisoned arrow on 30 May 2014. Elephant ivory poaching is a widespread problem in Africa. In 2013, over 20,000 African elephants were killed for their ivory. The slaughter of African elephants is driven by the black market value of elephant ivory. The illicit trade in ivory is primarily in Asia where ivory sells for several thousands of dollars per kilogram. Satao's tusks were estimated to weigh more than 100 pounds (45 kg) each.

Proof

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#990.“Engelberger”
Ø

OT: Chris | ID: 590122 | Paldea (Violet)
Jolly - Quark Drive
31 | 31 | 31 | 1 | 31 | 31
[S/V]: Earthquake | Iron Head | Knock Off | Rapid Spin

The nickname is a reference to Joseph Engelberger (1925-2015), an American physicist, engineer and entrepreneur who developed the first industrial robot in the United States, the Unimate, in the 1950s. The first Unimate robotic arm was installed at a General Motors Plant in Ewing Township, New Jersey, in 1961.
Within a decade, the introduction of the Unimate 1900 model into factories revolutionized the automotive sector. The robot had some features that made it particularly innovative. The system consisted of a command system connected to the electromechanical arm which performed an operation stored in a drum memory. The first Unimate was also hydraulically powered.

Proof

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#1000. “Walsh”
Ø

Modest - Good as Gold
31 | 25 | 31 | 31 | 31 | HT
100 HP / 4 Def / 212 SpA / 4 SpD / 188 Spe
[S/V]: Nasty Plot | Make It Rain | Shadow Ball | Protect

The nickname is a reference to Thomas Francis Walsh (1850-1910), an Irish-American miner who discovered one of the largest gold mines in America, the Camp Bird Mine, near Ouray, Colorado. The mine produced about 1.5 million troy ounces of gold, and 4 million troy ounces of silver, from 1896 to 1990. During this period, Walsh made a fortune totaling $3,000,000 (equivalent to $105,528,000 in 2022).

Proof

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#1003. Eppie's “Val”
Ø
OT: Eppie | ID: 640924 | Paldea (Violet)
Careful - Vessel of Ruin
31 | 31 | 31 | 22 | 31 | 31
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Def
[S/V]: Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Ruination | Whirlwind

The nickname is a reference to the eponymous character from Red Barrel's "Outlast 2" psychological horror/survival horror video game.
The nickname was chosen for Ting-Lu, as its Dark/Ground dual typing evokes the scene during which Val shows Blake her "true face" at the ritual site by smothering her body in mud and donning a crown of thorns.
"God doesn't love you. Not like I do."

Not For Trade

Last edited:

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
08/05/2023 UPDATE (General nickname/Pokémon revamp + 11 new Pokémon)

Pokémon HOME compatibility for the Pokémon Scarlet/Violet games has been out for more than two months now and I've given a general/preliminary revamp to all the Pokémon coded in Gen 9. Some Pokémon nicknames have been revamped as well (everything, as per usual, can be viewed in the main pages of this thread).

Shout out to Buckert, Eppie and SpiritGuy for providing useful parents to breed with in Gen 9.
Shout out to Tatertot for the amazing Shaymin.
Shout out to VileTung for his bot which made Gen 9 bot breeding significantly faster.

#282. “Lillie”
♀
Timid - Trace
[S/V]: Trick | Healing Wish | Psychic | Moonblast

The nickname is a reference to Lillie Langtry (1853-1929), a British socialite, stage actress and producer. One of the most glamorous British women of her era, Lillie Langtry was the subject of widespread public and media interest: her looks and personality attracted interest, commentary, and invitations from artists and society hostesses, and she was celebrated as a young woman of great beauty and charm. During the aesthetic movement in England she was painted by aesthete artists, and in 1882 she became the poster-girl for Pears Soap, becoming the first celebrity to endorse a commercial product.
“Anyone's life truly lived consists of work, sunshine, exercise, soap, plenty of fresh air, and a happy contented spirit”.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#492. Tatertot's “Leilani”
Ø
OT: Tate | ID: 010101 | Sinnoh (Shining Pearl)
Timid - Serene Grace
[BD/SP]: Substitute | Leech Seed | Seed Flare | Air Slash

Leilani is a Hawaiian feminine name, meaning “heavenly garland of flowers” or “royal child”. The Hawaiian word lei refers to flowers and lani to the sky or heavens, with an association to royalty.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#671. “Liriope”
♀
OT: Christian | ID: 0011337 | Alola (Sun)
Bold - Flower Veil
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
[S/V]: Wish | Protect | Calm Mind | Moonblast

The nickname is a reference to Liriope (Λιριόπη), a Boeotian naiad of Thespiae, who was probably the daughter of one of the Boeotian or Phocian river gods in Greek mythology. Liriope's name means “face of the narcissus” from the Greek words leirion “narcissus” and ops “face”.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#721. “Strokkur”
Ø
OT: Helen | ID: 10016 | Hoenn (Alpha Sapphire)
Modest - Water Absorb
[S/V]: Steam Eruption | Flamethrower | Earth Power | Sludge Bomb

The nickname is a reference to the Strokkur, a fountain-type geyser located in a geothermal area beside the Hvítá River in Iceland in the southwest part of the country, east of Reykjavík, the most active of the area. Strokkur erupts every 5 to 10 minutes day and night throwing heated water 20 to 30 meters into the air. The regularity of its eruptions is the peculiar characteristic of the geyser, which attracts millions of visitors every year, making it one of the most photographed places in Iceland.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#735. “Borsalino”
♂
Adamant - Stakeout
[S/V]: Body Slam | Earthquake | Crunch | U-turn

The name is a reference to Giuseppe Borsalino (1834-1900), an Italian craftsman and entrepreneur, who, on 4 April 1857 founded the Borsalino Giuseppe e Fratello factory in Alessandria, which nowadays is the oldest Italian company specializing in the manufacture of luxury hats. Borsalino manufacturing has remained faithful to a production process that represents the cultural values of the company, handed down from generation to generation. The hats continue to be produced in Alessandria close to the area of the company's original foundation. The felt models, created from fur fibers, require more than 50 manual steps and seven weeks of work to create; the straw models, which are hand twisted, can take up to 6 months for a single hat.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#760. “Futa”
♂
Jolly - Fluffy
[Sw/Sh]: Swords Dance | Double-Edge | Close Combat | Darkest Lariat

The nickname is a reference to Futa, a male red panda (Ailurus fulgens) in the zoo of Chiba, Japan. Born in Shizuoka in 2003, in 2005 Futa became a visitor attraction and a television celebrity in Japan for his ability to stand upright on his hind feet for about ten seconds at a time. The Asahi Shimbun carried a photo of his valiant figure under a headline saying, “Look, I'm on my feet”. Futa's life span of 20 years is exceptional: under human care, red pandas only live an average of 8.6 years.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#869. “Erickson”
♀
OT: Chris | ID: 904762 | Galar (Sword)
Timid - Sweet Veil
252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 Def
[Sw/Sh]: Decorate | Dazzling Gleam | Mystical Fire | Protect

The nickname is a reference to Dolores Erickson, an American model and artist who came to prominence by appearing as a model on a number of album covers, most notably Whipped Cream & Other Delights (1965) by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass. Erickson, 29 years old and three months pregnant, sat on a stool with a white Christmas blanket covering her from the waist down, and wore a bikini with the straps down. She then was covered with shaving cream, which (unlike whipped cream) would not melt under the hot photographic lights, with a dollop of whipped cream on her head. The cover remained in the Billboard top 10 for 61 weeks, becoming a cultural touchstone.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#888. “Sif”
Ø
Jolly - Intrepid Sword
31 | 31 | 31 | 21 | 31 | 31
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Behemoth Blade | Close Combat | Play Rough

The nickname is a reference to Sif, a large, silver-colored wolf and boss in the 2011 action role-playing game Dark Souls. A wolf that has grown to a massive size, it protects the grave of its deceased master, Knight Artorias the Abysswalker, and the Covenant of Artorias, a ring that allows its wearer to traverse the Abyss, a dark void normally impassable by mortals.

Proof

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#889. “Ochain”
Ø
OT: Chris | ID: 270467 | Galar (Shield)
Adamant - Dauntless Shield
31 | 31 | 31 | 10 | 31 | 31
252 HP / 12 Atk / 88 Def / 156 Spe
[S/V]: Substitute | Iron Defense | Body Press | Crunch

The nickname is a reference to Ochain, the enchanted shield of Conchobhar mac Nessa in the Ulster Cycle of Irish mythology. Ochain is a shield rimmed with gold that has the ability to call out a warning when danger is near. Conchobhar lent Ochain to his son Fiachra for use in a battle. The shield cried out a warning to Conchobhar that Fiachra was in danger and saved Fiachra during this event.

Proof

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#901. “Brody”
♂
Adamant - Guts
116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Facade | Headlong Rush | Fire Punch

The nickname is a reference to Brody the bear, a male Kodiak bear who is trained to be an animal actor. Brody was raised and trained by his owner, Jeff Watson and his first television appearance was on Good Morning America at the age of 12 weeks, in 1995. He has appeared in numerous films, television shows, commercials and print ads and has worked with some of the top wildlife photographers in the United States. He also appeared on the cover of National Geographic Magazine in July 2001. Brody and Watson have traveled throughout the United States educating the public about bears and safety while spending time in bear country hiking, camping and fishing.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#970. “Bragg”
♂
Timid - Toxic Debris
[S/V]: Stealth Rock | Mortal Spin | Sludge Wave | Earth Power

The nickname is a reference to William Lawrence Bragg (1890-1971), an Australian-born British physicist and X-ray crystallographer, discoverer (1912) of Bragg's law of X-ray diffraction, which is basic for the determination of crystal structure, that is a description of the ordered arrangement of atoms, ions, or molecules in a crystalline material. Ordered structures occur from the intrinsic nature of the constituent particles to form symmetric patterns that repeat along the principal directions of three-dimensional space in matter. Bragg was joint recipient (with his father, William Henry Bragg) of the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1915.

Last edited:

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
10/16/2023 UPDATE (10 new Pokémon)

III

#101. “Plumbbob”
Ø
OT: CHRIS | ID: 48253 | Kanto (Fire Red)
Timid - Soundproof
31 | 0 | 31 | 31 | 30 | 31
[S/V]: Rain Dance | Volt Switch | Thunder | Taunt

Operation Plumbbob was a series of nuclear tests that were conducted between May 28 and October 7, 1957, at the Nevada Test Site, following Project 57, and preceding Project 58/58A. The operation consisted of 29 explosions, of which only two did not produce any nuclear yield. While most Operation Plumbbob tests contributed to the development of warheads for intercontinental and intermediate range missiles, they also tested air defense and anti-submarine warheads with smaller yields.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

101. Willstätter
Ø
Timid - Static
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
[S/V]: Volt Switch | Thunderbolt | Leaf Storm | Tera Blast (Ice)

The nickname is a reference to Richard Martin Willstätter (1872-1942), a German organic chemist whose study of the structure of plant pigments, chlorophyll included, won him the 1915 Nobel Prize for Chemistry. It was in 1905 that Willstätter became professor at the ETH Zürich and there he worked on the plant pigment chlorophyll, determining its first empirical formula (C 55 H 72 MgN 4 O 5).

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#210. “Jiggs II”
♂
Adamant - Intimidate
[BD/SP]: Play Rough | Close Combat | Earthquake | Fire Fang

The nickname is a reference to Jiggs II (1925-1937), the second of a number of English Bulldogs to serve as mascots of the United States Marine Corps. A champion of the Westminster Dog Show, Jiggs II was a generally well-behaved dog with a sensitive nature: early in his military career, the Boston Globe described Jiggs II as "ferocious looking" but with a "mild manner and gentle disposition". Two early instances of bad behavior were, nonetheless, attributed to Jiggs II; on one occasion he bit an ice man, and on another occasion he chased a stenographer down the hallway of the State, War, and Navy Building. He served as Marine Corps mascot for ten years and, after death, was buried with full military honors at Marine Corps Base Quantico.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#262. “Glickman”
♂
Jolly - Moxie (HA)
[S/V]: Crunch | Sucker Punch | Play Rough | Trailblaze

The nickname is a reference to Stephen Glickman (1933-2020), pioneer in behavioral endocrinology and founder of the world’s first colony of captive spotted hyenas. Glickman’s standout legacy is his ardent stewardship of a colony of spotted hyenas at UC Berkeley’s Field Station for the Study of Behavior, Ecology and Reproduction. By studying the reproductive organ of the female hyenas, Glickman found that high levels of androgens produced in their ovaries masculinized their sex organs and boosted their aggression and dominance in the pack.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#416. “Plath”
♀
Impish - Pressure
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
[S/V]: Spikes | Toxic | U-turn | Roost

The nickname is a reference to Sylvia Plath (1932-1963), an American poet, novelist, and short story writer. In her "Bee Poems", her last poems, left in the manuscript Ariel, bees serve as the metaphor for the female situated in a limited society: bees lack independent qualities and work for maintenance, under the guidance of one queen bee- or the standing socio-economic order. If a bee stings, it dies, which certainly functions to comment the powerlessness Plath felt toward her own situation. These poems display radical feminist and existential themes, offering a response to the onthology of being female; and though personal and painful, they beg the question: how can we thrive in the hive?

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#571. “Sukuna”
♂
Timid - Illusion
[S/V]: Nasty Plot | Shadow Ball | Focus Blast | Flamethrower

The nickname is a reference to Ryōmen Sukuna (両面 宿儺), a fictional character and one of the central antagonists of the manga series Jujutsu Kaisen created by Gege Akutami. According to legend, Sukuna was an Imaginary Demon (仮想の鬼神) during the Heian Era but in truth he was a sorcerer also known as the Disgraced One (堕天). Regarded as the undisputed King of Curses, Sukuna is selfish, cold-hearted, immoral, and exceptionally sadistic within the story. The real person turned mythological figure "Ryōmen-sukuna" who was the character's inspiration, traces back to the classical Japanese book Nihon Shoki, where Sukuna's fantasized physical figure and malicious demonic personality are shared with the character.
"More! More! Put some more curse behind it!"

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#770. “McCord”
♂
Bold - Water Compaction
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
[S/V]: Stealth Rock | Shadow Ball | Earth Power | Shore Up

The nickname is a reference to Philip McCord, the artist credited for creating the very first sand sculpture in 1897, featuring a drowned mother and her baby, alongside the boardwalk in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Soon afterwards so many folks were fascinated by this unique art form that it became an actual business in Atlantic City. Here locals paid to watch sand artists who were creating large decorative sand castles and other masterpieces on the beaches.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#905. “Demarsy” ♀
OT: Chris | ID: 088394 | Hisui (Pokémon Legends: Arceus)
Timid - Cute Charm
[S/V]: Calm Mind | Moonblast | Earth Power | Mystical Fire
Proof

The nickname is a reference to Jeanne Demarsy (1865-1937), a young French actress who was the inspiration for the painting "Spring", a 1881 oil-on-canvas painting by Édouard Manet. The painting debuted at the Paris Salon of 1882 and was considered the greatest and final public success of Manet's Salon career. Jeanne Demarsy is depicted in a Parisienne-style outfit, with a floral dress, parasol and bonnet against a background of lush foliage and blue sky. This work of art poignantly personifies the Spring season even in Demarsy’s soft, pale skin with hints of rosy hues on her cheeks and lips. The garden in the background, most likely the garden in Manet’s villa, contrasts to her white dress, creating movement in the painting from the umbrella, down to her bonnet that ties around her neck, and then to her hands and down her dress. The painting became the first work of art ever to be published in color.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#1007. “Ouwens”
Ø
Adamant - Orichalcum Pulse
HT | 31 | HT | 31 | HT | 31
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Collision Course | Flare Blitz | Stomping Tantrum

The nickname is a reference to Peter Ouwens (1849-1922), a Dutch scientist and Director of the Java Zoological Museum and Botanical Gardens. Ouwens is best known for writing the first formal description of the Komodo dragon (Varanus komodoensis) in 1912.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#1008. “De Havilland”
Ø

Modest - Hadron Engine
HT | 31 | HT | 31 | HT | 31
[S/V]: Electro Drift | Draco Meteor | Overheat | U-turn

The nickname is a reference to Geoffrey de Havilland (1882-1965), an English aviation pioneer and aerospace engineer, founder of the De Havilland Engine Company, which produced one of the earliest turbojet engines, the De Havilland Goblin, considered to be the second British jet engine to fly, after Whittle's Power Jets W.1, and the first to pass a type test and receive a type certificate issued for an aircraft propulsion turbin.

Last edited:

Christian

Veni, vidi, vici
01/22/2024 UPDATE (26 new Pokémon)

Completed the main Indigo Disk story on Scarlet so it is time for the first update of the 2024 :) This update adds new RMs to the collection including a Wishmkr Jirachi from Gen 3!
Now onto finishing the Indigo Disk on Violet and ribboning/completing the revamps of the Pokémon returning in the DLC2, which I plan to do within the next update.
I'd also like to give a shout out to Buckert, SpiritGuy and Winry for providing useful parents for breeding. Thank you guys!

#335. “Gef”
♂
Jolly - Toxic Boost (HA)
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Facade | Quick Attack | Close Combat

The nickname is a reference to Gef, an allegedly talking mongoose which was claimed to inhabit a farmhouse owned by the Irving family at Cashen's Gap near the hamlet of Dalby on the Isle of Man. In 1931, the Irving family claimed they heard persistent scratching, rustling, and vocal noises behind their farmhouse's wooden wall panels that variously resembled a ferret, a dog, or a baby. According to the Irvings, a creature named Gef introduced itself and told them it was a mongoose born in New Delhi, India, in 1852. The Irvings say that Gef communicated to them that he was "an extra extra clever mongoose", an "Earthbound spirit" and "a ghost in the form of a mongoose". The story of Gef became popular in the tabloid press, and many journalists flocked to the Isle to try to catch a glimpse of the creature.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#335. “Barbatos”
♂
Jolly - Immunity
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 6 HP
[S/V]: Belly Drum | Quick Attack | Close Combat | Knock Off

The nickname is a reference to Barbatos, the 8th spirit named among the list of 72 demons in The Lesser Key of Solomon. According to grimoire tradition, he holds the rank of Duke, and (like the demon Buer) may appear when the sun is in the sign of Sagittarius. Barbatos has 30 legions of spirits under his command, and once belonged to the angelic order of Virtues.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#336. “Haast”
♂
Adamant - Shed Skin
[S/V]: Coil | Gunk Shot | Knock Off | Earthquake

The nickname is a reference to Bill Haast (1910-2011), the owner and operator, from 1947 until 1984, of the Miami Serpentarium, a tourist attraction south of Miami, Florida, where he entertained customers by performing live venom extraction from snakes. Haast started collecting snakes and started extracting venom from his snakes when he was 15 years old. Haast physically extracted venom from venomous snakes by holding them by the head and forcing them to bite a rubber membrane covering a vial. As a result of handling these snakes, Haast had been bitten 172 times by mid-2008, all of which but the last few were validated by the Guinness Book of World Records "for surviving the most deadly snake bites".

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#336. “Vasuki”
♂
Timid - Shed Skin
[S/V]: Switcheroo | Sludge Wave | Flamethrower | Giga Drain

The nickname is a reference to Vasuki (वासुकि), the king of the nagas in Hinduism. Vasuki is described as having a gem called Nagamani (serpent's ornament) on his head and he is generally depicted coiling around the neck of Shiva, who is believed to have blessed and worn him as an ornament. In the Buddhist religion, Vasuki appears in the audience for many of Gautama Buddha's sermons. His duties included leading the nagas in protecting and worshipping the Buddha, as well as protecting other enlightened beings.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#369. “Fricke”
♂
Adamant - Rock Head
[Sw/Sh]: Head Smash | Waterfall | Earthquake | Zen Headbutt

The nickname is a reference to Hans Fricke, the marine biologist who first photographated the coelacanth in its natural habitat, 180 metres (590 ft) off Grand Comoro's west coast in 1987, using his submarine GEO, after 22 unsuccessful tries.
"I discovered a very funny, tetrapod-like movement of the fins, a kind of cross-step that they do. If you were to cut a coelacanth across the middle, you’d see that it’s almost an ellipse. If one make a downbeat with its right pectoral, the beast turns. To counter this, it has to make a counter-downbeat on the far left side. This produces the tetrapodic cross-step. It’s a normal thing for an animal on land, but we’re talking about a fish. This could be a pre-adaptation for the step to land".

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────
III

#385. “Hale”
Ø
OT: WISHMKR | ID: 20043 | Hoenn (Ruby)
Jolly - Serene Grace
HT | HT | HT | 14 | HT | HT
[S/V]: Iron Head | U-turn | Trick | Healing Wish

The nickname is a reference to Alan Hale, an American professional astronomer, who co-discovered Comet Hale–Bopp along with amateur astronomer Thomas Bopp. Hale first spotted the comet that would come to bear his name from his home in Cloudcroft, New Mexico, where the night sky is exceptionally dark. Since 1970 Hale had observed over 200 known comets, and on the night of July 22–23, 1995, after finishing his observations of periodic Comet Clark, and while waiting for periodic Comet d'Arrest to become visible above the horizon, he "decided to pass the time by observing some deep-sky objects in Sagittarius", and pointed his Meade DS-16 telescope towards globular cluster M70. He said that he "immediately noticed a fuzzy object in the field" which had not been present when he had observed that region of the sky two weeks earlier. The discovery was announced in International Astronomical Union circular 6187.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#569. “Wasylyk”
♂
Impish - Aftermath (HA)
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
[Sw/Sh]: Spikes | Toxic Spikes | Gunk Shot | Pain Split

The nickname is a reference to Harry Wasylyk (1904-1995), a Canadian inventor who, together with Larry Hansen, invented the disposable polyethylene garbage bag in 1950. Garbage bags were first intended for commercial use rather than home use – the bags were first sold to the Winnipeg General Hospital. However, Hansen worked for the Union Carbide Company in Lindsay, which bought the invention from Wasylyk and Hansen. Union Carbide manufactured the first green garbage bags, marketed under the name Glad garbage bags for home use in the late 1960s.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#573. “Chamomile”
♀
Jolly - Technician
[S/V]: Tidy Up | Tail Slap | Bullet Seed | Rock Blast

Chamomile is the common name for several daisy-like plants of the family Asteraceae. It is derived via French and Latin, from the Greek χαμαίμηλον, meaning "earth apple".

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#631. “Capelobo”
♂
OT: Chris | ID: 058531 | Galar (Shield)
Adamant - Flash Fire
[Sw/Sh]: Fire Lash | Throat Chop | Sucker Punch | Superpower

The nickname is a reference to the Capelobo, a mythical creature from Brazilian mythology. The Capelobo has two forms, an animal form and a humanoid form. In its animal form, it is like a tapir with attributes of a dog. In its humanoid form, it has the head of a giant anteater, the body of a human, and rounded, bottle-shaped legs. It has lots of hair on its body, and runs through forests near human settlements in floodplain regions.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#632. “Merian”
♀
OT: Chris | ID: 236669 | Galar (Sword)
Jolly - Hustle
[Sw/Sh]: First Impression | Iron Head | Superpower | Rock Slide

The nickname is a reference to Marya Sybilla Merian (1647-1717), a German entomologist and naturalist who was one of the earliest European naturalists to document observations about insects directly. Merian was the first European to describe both army ants and leaf cutter ants as well as their effect on other organisms: "[...] There are army ants with big curved jaws that overlap at the tip. They are lined up head to tail, forming a living bridge between two twigs".
Merian's depictions of ants were subsequently cited and copied by other artists. Her depictions of the struggle among organisms predate Charles Darwin and Lord Tennyson's theories on the struggle for survival and evolution.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#812. “Titus”
♂
Adamant - Grassy Surge (HA)
31 | 31 | 31 | 18 | 31 | 31
[S/V]: Wood Hammer | Grassy Glide | Knock Off | U-turn

The nickname is an homage to Titus (1974-2009), a silverback mountain gorilla of the Virunga Mountains, observed by researchers almost continuously over his entire life. He was the subject of the 2008 PBS Nature/BBC Natural World documentary film Titus: The Gorilla King. The documentary starts in 1967, when the researcher Dian Fossey first made contact with a group of mountain gorillas in Rwanda, and goes on revealing Titus's complete and dramatic life story. Titus's father was murdered by poachers in front of his very eyes and his mother abandoned him in the subsequent chaos, but Titus survived against all the odds. The unfolding drama climaxes with rare footage of the gorillas at the very top of their mountain world on the Virunga Mountains. Titus's trials and tribulations take the viewer back in time to reveal key moments in his history. Using testament from eyewitnesses, the film relives one individual mountain gorilla's extraordinary battle for survival.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#815. “Suter”
♂
Jolly - Libero (HA)
31 | 31 | 31 | 19 | 31 | 31
[S/V]: Pyro Ball | High Jump Kick | Court Change | U-turn

The nickname is a reference to Fergus Suter (1857-1916), a Scottish stonemason and footballer in the early days of the game. Arguably the first recognised professional footballer, Suter was a native of Glasgow and played for Partick before moving to England to play for Darwen and Blackburn Rovers F.C. Suter's playing was innovative, brilliant and incredibly effective. He was the first player to exploit the space: he realized players didn't have to follow the ball but they had to let it run and move into the space. No one had ever played like this before.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#812. “Shanina”
♀
Timid - Torrent
[S/V]: Hydro Pump | Ice Beam | Dark Pulse | U-turn

The nickname is a reference to Roza Georgiyevna Shanina (Ро́за Гео́ргиевна Ша́нина; 1924-1945), a Soviet sniper during World War II who was credited with over 50 kills. Shanina volunteered for the military after the death of her brother in 1941 and chose to be a sniper on the front line. Praised for her shooting accuracy, Shanina was capable of precisely hitting enemy personnel and making doublets (two target hits by two rounds fired in quick succession). In 1944, a Canadian newspaper described Shanina as "the unseen terror of East Prussia". She became the first servicewoman of the 3rd Belorussian Front to receive the Order of Glory.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#871. “Britten”
♂
OT: Chris | ID: 420218 | Galar (Shield)
Bold - Electric Surge (HA)
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD
[S/V]: Spikes | Discharge | Memento | Recover

The nickname is a reference to Roy John Britten (1919-2012), an American molecular biologist known for his discovery of repeated DNA sequences in the genomes of eukaryotic organisms. To study how repetitive DNA sequences were distributed throughout the sea urchin genome, Britten in the early 1970s sheared DNA at different lengths and then reattached the sheared base pairs (re-natured) to their complementary pairs. He discovered that large portions of the sea urchins' genomes contained repetitive elements that interspersed among smaller coding regions. Moreover, Britten discovered that different genes were expressed at different intervals in the sea urchin embryo as it developed, and he showed how to measure the rates of synthesis of nuclear RNA and the corresponding mRNA levels in the cytoplasm of the cells.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#898. “Nevsky”
Ø
Brave - As One
31 | 31 | 31 | 4 | 31 | 0
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
[S/V]: Trick Room | Swords Dance | Glacial Lance | High Horsepower

The nickname is a reference to Alexander Yaroslavich Nevsky (1221-1263), Prince of Novgorod and Kiev regarded as a key figure in medieval Russian history. Nevsky, Russia's “knight in shining armor", is the winner of the Battle on the Ice, a battle between united forces of the Republic of Novgorod and Vladimir-Suzdal, led by Nevsky, and the forces of the Livonian Order and Bishopric of Dorpat, led by Bishop Hermann of Dorpat. The battle, which took place on 5 April 1242, was fought largely on the frozen Lake Peipus and represented a significant defeat for the Catholic forces during the Northern Crusades, bringing an end to their campaigns against the Orthodox Novgorod Republic and other Russian territories for the next century.
Proof

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#899. “Meandash”
♂
Modest - Intimidate
68 HP / 216 SpA / 224 Spe
[S/V]: Calm Mind | Agility | Stored Power | Tera Blast (Fighting)

The nickname is a reference to the wild reindeer Meandash, appearing in folk tales recorded from the Sami of the Kola Peninsula. The life of Meandash can be subdivided into the following parts, which we might refer to as periods or stages:
1) Birth and youth: a) birth and childhood, b) leaving his mother;
2) Manhood: a) marriage, b) leaving his wife and children;
3) Meandash as a culture hero;
4) Meandash as a deity: a) a sky reindeer pursued by a thunder deity, and b) a sun deity.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#900. “Hårup”
♂
Jolly - Sharpness (HA)
[S/V]: U-turn | X-Scissor | Stone Axe | Close Combat

One of the largest Viking axes ever found has been uncovered by a team of archaeologists from Denmark. The impressive weapon was buried in the tomb of a powerful couple from the local Viking community. The discovery took place back in 2012, during construction works to create a new highway in Denmark, in the southern region of Hårup. The workers stumbled upon a tomb – a type known as a 'death house' – measuring roughly 3.9 metres by 12.8 metres. Built around 950 AD it contained three separate graves. The axe was part of the many Viking artefacts which were buried with them. Unadorned, it was clearly not a decorative object intended as funeral offering, but had served as a deadly weapon in battles. Its exact proportions are unknown, but it was so large it would have required the use of two hands to wield and was probably pretty difficult to swing. Archaeologists believe it would have been taken to battle primarily to scare enemies.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#903. “Tabei”
♀

Jolly - Unburden
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Close Combat | Dire Claw | Acrobatics

The nickname is a reference to Junko Tabei (田部井 淳子; 1939-2016), a Japanese mountaineer who was the first woman to reach the summit of Mount Everest on 16 May 1975, and the first woman to ascend the Seven Summits, climbing the highest peak on every continent.
“Technique and ability alone do not get you to the top; it is the willpower that is most important. This willpower you cannot buy with money or be given by others... it rises from your heart.”

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#903. “Tofana”
♀

Impish - Intimidate (HA)
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
[S/V]: Spikes | Barb Barrage | Crunch | Taunt

The nickname is a reference to Giulia Tofana (1620-1651), an Italian professional poisoner. She sold a poison called Aqua Tofana (supposedly invented by Thofania d'Adamo, who may have been Giulia's mother), a colourless, odorless and tasteless highly toxic poison, capable of causing an apparently natural death to the victim within a few days, which he sold mainly to women trapped in violent marriages who wanted to escape abusive or inconvenient spouses.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#916. “Ziffel”
♂
Adamant - Thick Fat (HA)
[S/V]: Double-Edge | Play Rough | High Horsepower | Seed Bomb

The nickname is a reference to Arnold Ziffel, the porcine character featured in Green Acres, an American situation comedy that aired on CBS from 1965 to 1971. The show is about a fictional lawyer, Oliver Wendell Douglas, and his wife, Lisa – city-dwellers who move to Hooterville, a farming community populated by oddballs. Arnold Ziffel is a pig of the Chester White breed, but is treated as the son of farmer Fred Ziffel and his wife, Doris, a childless couple.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#979. “Pruitt”
♂
Jolly - Defiant (HA)
252 HP / 252 Spe / 6 Def
[S/V]: Bulk Up | Drain Punch | Rage Fist | Protect

In 1938, stories of a "killer ghost" began to be told in eastern Kentucky. A man named Carl Pruitt came home from work one night and found his wife in bed with another man. After her lover escaped by jumping out of a window, in a fit of rage Pruitt strangled his wife with a small piece of chain. Immediately after, perhaps having just realized the depth of his madness, he committed suicide. He was buried in a separate cemetery from his wife. Alone and forsaken, Pruitt's ghost took the form of a wrathful entity who started to haunt the cemetery, causing five deaths, all linked to chain accidents. Even if the cursed grave was destroyed in 1958, the five strange deaths were never explained.

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#988.“Poda”
Ø
Adamant - Protosynthesis
31 | 31 | 31 | 23 | 31 | 31
252 Atk / 252 Spe/ 6 SpD
[S/V]: U-turn | First Impression | Close Combat | Earthquake

The nickname is a reference to Nikolaus Poda von Neuhaus (1723-1798), an Austrian entomologist best known for his work in the field of entomology in the middle to late 1700s. He is the author of the "Insecta Musei Graecensis" (1761), the first treatise on entomology to follow Linnaeus' binomial nomenclature, where he described several species of insects that had never been known to science before.
Proof

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#994.“Lubbock”
Ø
Timid - Quark Drive
252 SpA / 252 Spe/ 6 Def
[S/V]: Overheat | Fiery Dance | Sludge Wave | Energy Ball

The nickname is a reference to the unusual formation of lights seen over the city of Lubbock, Texas in August and September 1951 known as "Lubbock Lights". The Lubbock Lights incident received national publicity in the United States as a UFO sighting, and was investigated by the U.S. Air Force, as part of Project Blue Book. The project was initially directed by Captain E. J. Ruppelt and followed projects of a similar nature such as Project Sign established in 1947, and Project Grudge in 1949. Project Blue Book had two goals, namely, to determine if UFOs were a threat to national security, and to scientifically analyze UFO-related data. By the time Project Blue Book ended, it had collected 12,618 UFO reports, and concluded that most of them were misidentifications of natural phenomena (clouds, stars, etc.) or conventional aircraft. 701 reports, though, were classified as unexplained, even after stringent analysis.
Proof

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#1009. “Huene”
Ø
Modest - Protosynthesis
[S/V]: Hydro Steam | Draco Meteor | Dragon Pulse | Flamethrower

The nickname is a reference to Friedrich von Huene (1875-1969), a German paleontologist who renamed more dinosaurs in the early 20th century than anyone else in Europe. His discoveries include the skeletons of more than 35 individuals of Plateosaurus in the famous Trossingen quarry, the early proto-dinosaur Saltopus in 1910, Proceratosaurus in 1926, the giant Antarctosaurus in 1929, and numerous other dinosaurs and fossilized animals like pterosaurs. He also was the first to naming several higher taxa, including Prosauropoda and Sauropodomorpha.
Proof

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#1010. “Sargant”
Ø
Jolly - Quark Drive
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Leaf Blade | Psyblade | Close Combat

The nickname is a reference to Ethel Sargant (1863-1918), a British botanist who studied both the cytology and morphology of plants. She was one of the first female members of the Linnean Society and the first woman to serve on their council. Her research focused on centrosomes in the higher plants which contributed to the proof of the striking agreement in the processes between animal and plants. Her publications on sytological subjects also relate to the formation of the nuclei concerned in reproduction.
Proof

────── {⋆❉⋆} ──────

#1017. “Tsutako” ♀
Jolly (minted) - Defiant
31 | 31 | HT | 20 | HT | 31
[S/V]: Swords Dance | Ivy Cudgel | Knock Off | Play Rough

Tsutako (蔦子) is a Japanese feminine name formed with the two words 蔦 (tsuta), meaning “ivy” and 子 (ko), meaning “child”.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)