Zarel
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hey! I heard you created a mod called NEXT, how is that going :)?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Ehh, it's on hold; I haven't had free time to work on it in ages.
    Ferdian
    Ferdian
    I have been playing NEXT lately and its pretty fun, are you planning to update it someday c:?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    When I have time, I hope!
    I forgot my password on PS, and I can't login in the tournaments dedicated server, could you reset the password for 'GreenCore' please ? :} thank you btw
    Hi Zarel, I saw the thread on sorting in the teambuilder, and I'd like to propose a more radical solution - http://i.imgur.com/zZbavEL.png

I have a patch ready, but I have to get legal approval from my company before submitting to open source projects. It's taking longer than expected, so I thought I'd give you a heads-up that it was coming, because it might affect your decision on sorting.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I'm still swamped, but don't worry, I haven't forgotten!
    Zarel
    Zarel
    The problem is that the proposal to stop sorting by tier died, so having a different sort mechanism is less necessary...
    Squashed
    Squashed
    My original pitch was to solve that problem, but my actual motivation for the patch was to lower the barrier to entry and help newer players get into competitive Pokemon. There's more to do on that front, but combined with Smogon's moveset suggestions, this gets you pretty far.
    Hey Zarel, how can someone have an ACRE of 3710 and be 32-39?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Don't ask me; I didn't design the rating system. Most likely, the wins were against really good players and the losses were against bad players.
    Excuse me, how do you get a personal Showdown server?
    Rico
    Rico
    If you head to Pokemon Showdown's github there is a short guide on how to set up your own server, which you can host on your own computer. If you need any help, you can try our irc, which you can find on our github as well.
    https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown
    arenten
    arenten
    Alright, thank you Jasmine.
    I dunno who you pissed off, Zarel, but it appears PS is getting hit with another DDoS.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Yep, I dealt with that too.
    Hello Zarel. I am by no means rushing you, but how is the revival of PS coming along after the DDoS attack?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    It's done.
    So, you're the creator of the mighty battle simulator? You have quite the achievement under your belt, there. How did you manage such an impressive feat?
    Synxthe1st
    Synxthe1st
    Odd. Why does the green bar I see say "Creator of PS"?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    lol, I am. I meant, I created it just by starting to code... Same way anyone makes any software, really.
    Synxthe1st
    Synxthe1st
    Ah, I see now... Well, that makes this achievement all the more impressive! I didn't realize you were actually answering my question.
    Keep it up, Zarel. I hope your coding skills soar further than wherever they are now.
    I'm kinda having trouble trying to sign up. Whats going on?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    PS has been experiencing some problems. Please try again later.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    PS should be working now.
    Hi I doubt you know me, but I just personally want to thank you for helping bring this amazing sight to life. I remember when I found out that this site existed it blew my mind because it was exactly what I had been looking for, I think you did a great job in all aspects of this site, the team builder is amazing and the general atmosphere is great, thank you so much for all that you do for us nerds out there :D
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I'm glad to hear that you like Pokémon Showdown! :)
    Zarel, sorry if I'm late to the party. But, I came back into Competitive battle and noticed that pokemon.aeosoft was down is there another way to see battle replays on Pokemon Online?
    Zarel
    Zarel
    I gave the code to coyotte508, and he said he was working on it, but I haven't heard anything from him since then; you'll have to ask him.
    Should I report any PS! issues to you, or another admin, or...? Also, random 'thank you' for all of your work with making Showdown amazing.
    Zarel
    Zarel
    Thanks! In general, PS issues should be reported to moderators or leaders or admins who are online. I'm usually too busy to deal with them myself.
    Zarel, is it possible to move XY Doubles above BW2 Singles and right below XY Singles on Showdown!'s leaderboard? It makes more sense to have the leaderboard for the most current metagames to be on top IMO.
    hi zarel just wanted to say thanks for implementing gen 6 so quickly and fixing the lag issues
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…