Marty
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Froslass is UUBL in DPP but only has Snow Cloak, which was recently banned from OU. Does that mean Froslass is officially Uber?
    Marty
    Marty
    Technically UU can unban Froslass whenever it wants because Snow Cloak is only banned in OU, so no.
    BluewolfZ
    BluewolfZ
    Didn’t think of that. DPP UU is devoid of viable Snow Cloak users, but metagames change all the time and with that comes new strategies. Past generations will always be played, so we as a community should keep an eye out for future metagame shifts.
    Hey Marty. I sent you a DM about usage stats and some analytics that I'm doing with them. Is that a good place to reach you? If not, where is the best place to chat? Thanks!
    Marty
    Marty
    Hi, sorry I seem to have missed it entirely; I'll reach out on Discord.
    hey marty i just got to say thank you for always being timely in preparing the monthly usage stats, your work is much appreciated
    Heyy Marty, i got a question about the Metagame section in the usage stat index. It states the usages of Team archetypes. Now i first wonder how „the algorithm„ decides what team is for example a semistall or hyperoffense Team and also if when its a rainstall team does it count it for Stall and Rain as well? Thanks for the insight in advance keep up the great work.
    Hello Marty, I have created Ash-Lucario avatar...is it possible to for you to add this in avatar PS avatar list or let me know if there is any other process to submit this avatar.
    https://imgur.com/JjaAkRW
    Hey Marty, I was curious to see if you can make a new avatar for PS! Like a Psychic in Violet clothing and aura around 4 pokeballs?
    Marty
    Marty
    Hi, a couple of things:
    1. Public avatars are based on actual Pokemon characters; if there's no character that fits the bill you're not going to see it available.
    2. I don't make avatars, I figured that was clear from all the "courtesy of [artist]" in those new avatar posts.
    Azure_Crystal
    Azure_Crystal
    ok thanks, just wanted a heads up
    Somehow in my years of browsing this website I never knew the person in your avatar jumped until now
    Happy 10th Smogon anniversary. Always a treat to discover long-time contributors who put so much into the site and keep finding time and motivation to make everyone's experience better. Tiering and so much more of the site owes a great deal to you and I've always been in awe of you, Marty!
    Marty
    Marty
    Wow, I logged in earlier and didn't even notice the date. Thank you so much for the kind words! Hearing that I've improved even one person's experience makes it all worth it! :blobthumbsup:
    Hey Marty, I saw that you were in charge of getting permission for using this package:
    https://www.npmjs.com/package/@smogon/sets

Would it be possible to message you on Discord about that? My friend and I are building a new damage calc extension and we needed access to the latest Smogon sets if that's possible :)
    camboi
    camboi
    Could you refer me to where I can find the latest sets? Basically whatever data is fed into the Damage Calculator.
    Marty
    Marty
    Click the GitHub link at the bottom of the calculator page.
    camboi
    camboi
    Yup we ended up finding it after some more digging, thanks for the help Marty :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…