Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Not too far in unfortunately haha, haven't even chosen the starter yet. been too distracted with the new yugioh game :bloblul:
Immortal
Immortal
Oh okay fair enough. I've played like 10 hours now. It's... different, not really my favorite though. Almost no trainer battles and a repetitive plot. It is kind of like if the wild area was all there was in Sword and Shield. Like you don't really do much else except run around and catch stuff.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
oh really? yikes, I was kinda worried about that. but i bought it anyway

the battles are my favorite part so
Immortal
Immortal
Yeah, I'll probably keep playing but you spend a lot of time running around catching random stuff to get your star level up etc. Obviously, trainer battles in the main games are easy too but still more strategy than either catching or 6v1 battling wild pokemon lol. The people who obsessively shiny hunt in other games probably love it though.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
so far im liking how the random encounters aren't as tedious as they are in the main games but yeah i'm worried the battles won't have all that much depth to them. the lore of the story itself is so fascinating though. love how scared ppl are of Pokemon and even afraid of dying to them lol. things change a lot by the time of the main game
Immortal
Immortal
Yeah, I think pokemon being dangerous is one of the best concepts
Immortal
Immortal
I hate all the side quests and having to grind to raise your star level though
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
im starting to feel that way too