Smogon Forums

Champion Leon
My fear is that once someone sees that a Pokémon has 3 votes then they will edit their vote and vote for something else and then many voting sessions will be 3 votes each so everyone wins.
Champion Leon
Champion Leon
I am wondering if we should let Arbok and Muk win. I feel like bc they are edited after the voting began they had a disadvanatage
My explanation would be: Due to delayed submission edits, I feel it is only fair we add Muk and Arbok. Since they were only 1 vote away from a tie for 2nd Place and could have had more votes if the edits were done in a timely manner.
Jamis361
I have 5 results, not including your tally post. Anaconja is the one you're missing.
Jamis361
I feel that if the voters did indeed want Arbok and Muk, they would've said so in their votes. I, for one, considered every sub, including those two, and decided where to place my votes based on how I think they would impact the metagame. I believe the others voted with similar reasoning, and if anything, their loses would hopefully encourage more careful attention to the rules in the future.
Champion Leon
Oh that explains it. I had blocked him and didn’t see it
Champion Leon
I agree with you. I just meant that if someone had voted before my edits and then didn’t bother to check in and reconsider.
Jamis361
I suppose that isn't totally fair, but we can't know that for sure. Resubs are going to be pretty popular (see my post for proof) since there are so many mons to choose from and most subs are made with a certain thought process that probably isn't going to change for most. The greater amount of time for those creators to consider their subs and what they might change can only be positive, imo
Champion Leon
Got it. I agree and was annoyed that the Arbok was just in need of an overhaul.
As for Muk, I realize it may not have just been the fact it used the wrong Pokémon (Swalot was already taken), but the submission itself.
I guess my sympathy lies in the fact I didn’t have enough time to help them since it was the final Submjssion day, but that was on them for waiting till the last minute and still not double-checking
Jamis361
exactly! we can't give them too many freebees cuz that leaves everyone else unhappy
Champion Leon
Yeah. People would say “they did worse and got a free upvote?”
Champion Leon
Champion Leon
Couldn’t fit it into the last profile comment due to character Limits, but for convenience I would suggest to also add a note and Bold the prior Winners in the Drop-Down List of Untiered Pokemon in the OP, so when people search thru they know.
Jamis361
Oh well, about that, I've just been deleting them off the list but I'll add them back cuz that seems like it's kind of an issue
Jamis361
The spreadsheet and a sample sub have been in the OP since the beginning
Champion Leon
Ya, I see Mr. Mime was there so I just didn’t want duplicates. Thanks for adding the Google Spreadsheet you created to it.

I think it’s updated by you already, just wanted it on OP for convenience / new posters for reference.

The 600 BST is just so we don’t have that issue like where G-Luke’s Watchog was like 670 BST
Champion Leon
One more thing besides adding the Pokédex Google Spreadsheet, Rules, etc. to the OP.

Please Tag and add Charizard888 to the list of Coders section. It can be under Council. I think they are equally important since they tell us what can/can’t be realistically coded into be game and we can limit submissions that way.
Jamis361
Yes I agree it's kind of ridiculous. I think I'm going to wait until after the nerf/buff slate and discussion to invoke the hard 600 rule since now would kind of be an odd time. I've also asked Steelix permission to quicknerf his Pachy since he took its Atk down to 30 to put pts in other stuff, so I'm just gonna take it back up to 45
Champion Leon
That’s fair. Ya. I just don’t want someone to say “But G-Luke’s has 670 when he submitted”. After the Muk and Arbok fiasco I just didn’t catch it in time.

Good to know about Pachy. This way we can alter after Winners since we would discuss if things are fair during this slate break anyways.
Jamis361
Exactly. Even though Anaconja hasn't been the nicest about it, I do see his point and legitimately agree with him (on a surface level, anyway) that the subs have kinda been ridiculous. Before I made my first subs I actually had Wiggs down for 150 base HP, but when I saw the first subs having 600 BST, I thought "eh i'll just buff it 30 pts so it's on par with the others"