Smogon Forums

Nix_Hex
Nix_Hex
I was tempted to use it on Christmas eve, even used it in rehearsals. Ultimately decided against it, I get tired from it quickly.
Nix_Hex
Nix_Hex
I played in a prog metal band in hs through college and always tried a pick... then I'd just throw it on the ground in the middle of the song.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Hahaha

Yeah every time I try pick it makes my hand cramp up so bad

but some people play exclusively with a pick. they're like superhuman I guess. I know Paul McCartney did that
Nix_Hex
Nix_Hex
Have you ever watched Sting play? I saw him on tonight show a couple years ago. He does this weird finger style where he plucks the E string by rolling his thumb, and lightly plucks A with his index. It produces a really smooth, warm tone. I'm sure that's one of many styles he can do because The Police were originally a punk band.
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Just looked it up on YouTube haha. Yeah that is pretty different but in a logical way.

On another note do they sell messed-up basses like that or is that just a bass Sting has had for a while...? I know Jaco Pastorius used a particularly fucked-up one so like did people just wanna copy his aesthetic or so? I think my dad even has one like that lol.
brightobject
brightobject
maybe jaco is ur dad
also i love sting, but casually