Smogon Forums

Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Like despite Baccano being "about" the mafia, that was really only used as the setting for the story that was really about the immortals

In book 4 it's actually about the mafia. Like turf wars brewing, territory disputes, illegal drugs bein peddled, assassinations, etc.

also there are a few main characters that are just ordinary people. so it is cool to see people trying to get by in the world of the mafia that is not from the perspective of the mafia itself, that is quite rare in gangster stories
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Claire is kinda broken though dude like he's too strong. That kinda hurts the story tbh
Shame That
Shame That
that was a problem i already had with the show. i would have liked it a whole lot more if claire hadn't been as insanely OP, it feels so DBZ power level cliche anime. even if he had an identified achilles heel i would have felt better
Shame That
Shame That
if he's even more opop in the books we're gonna have a problem
Hulavuta
Hulavuta
Yeah, it was ok in the anime though since he only has like 2 fights really. But yeah it really kinda hurt the tension when you know none of the white or black suits will be able to stop him ever.

As for *this* book he hasn't done anything too OP yet but like just the way they talk about him it's just so weird. Like a big tension in the book is that the Runorata family is huge and the Gandor family is tiny. So they call in Claire to help them and then Firo is like "if you have Claire then the Runoratas are as good as dead!" and Berga is like "Nah, we don't know for sure." and I'm like YES SAY THAT, DON'T BE SURE HE CAN WIN and Firo is like "nah he will always win" like :|

don't know how that goes though since I'm not finished yet. But yeah I'd be happier if they said Ronnie was just straight up stronger than him. Daily Days president says Ronnie is one of the few people who can kill him (but he also says Chane could kill him and like she has no chance, lul)