Smogon Forums

zapzap29
zapzap29
Nope, I find SRing for pokemon without set IVs way too tedious. I think there's another user on this site who actually managed to SR a flawless hidden power event Gengar but I can't recall who it was
phoenixflame95
Oh was it random IVs? I assumed it was three 31s haha but now that you mention it, Gengar isn't legendary. Thank you though. If you happen to remember who it is that had that Gengar and wouldn't mind making me a copy, could you let me know? Thank you again :)
zapzap29
zapzap29
I think it was Dnite. I don't have the Gengar in question and only the people who traded for it have distribution rights on it. You'd probably have better luck finding dream world Gastly/Gengars from other people since those could be RNG'd as opposed to the random IVs and natures on the event Gengar. The dream world Gastlys had Sludge Wave as well so functionally they're pretty much the same, the only significant difference being the ball they came in. Theorymon also has a shiny Gengar in his giveaway thread very similar to the event Gengar with the difference being that it was bred not SR'd but aesthetically it's the same
phoenixflame95
Ah you have a good memory. Did a quick search and Dnites has the thread with that Gengar and it says it can be distributed by people who obtained it from him. However, he hasn't been seen since 2014, which is troublesome. I don't suppose you happened to have gotten one from him, would you?
zapzap29
zapzap29
Nope, I don't really trade for pokemon on Smogon since I don't have a trade thread here. Is there any reason you need the event Gengar specifically? Gengars that have been TSV hatched are usually better since you can check for hidden powers and get egg moves on them like perish song. You're really only losing 5 bp when you compare Sludge Wave to Sludge Bomb
phoenixflame95
Yep it's literally just for the Sludge Wave purpose. Yeah I don't trade here either. I only came upon here because you're one of two people that I've received something from here, so I thought I'd ask that's all. The 20th anniversary just got me thinking about relatively recent events that I would've liked that I missed and that was one of them.
zapzap29
zapzap29
Ah ok. Well if you just want the event I could SR the Gengar for you with timid or modest nature. No guarantee on IVs though
phoenixflame95
Wow you still have one in your game? Isn't it an old event? Haha. But Timid would be awesome!
zapzap29
zapzap29
Pretty sure I have a save file backed up with powersaves with the wonder card on it so all I'd have to do is restore the file and reset until a timid nature came up. Give me a sec to check if I have the file with the wonder card on it
phoenixflame95
Oh okay that goes way over my head but sounds good! Thanks :D
zapzap29
zapzap29
Yep, still have the file with an unclaimed Gengar on it. Wait just a bit while I SR you a timid nature
phoenixflame95
Of course! Take your time! Thank you for doing this :)
zapzap29
zapzap29
Alright got a timid one. What's your FC?
phoenixflame95
3969-4939-9449 Jonathan!
zapzap29
zapzap29
Ok, added you. Getting online to trade now