Smogon Forums

ProjectTitan313
ProjectTitan313
Vic does not die. In fact, I'll have a fun IRC announcement tommorow. I know I keep forgetting to check in. </3
/me huggles
Xen
Xen
Heh. I haven't been on IRC much lately myself. Things have been too busy around here for me to really jump on and chat much. ;_;

/me pet
ProjectTitan313
ProjectTitan313
If I don't see you, I'll let you know via smogon. :P
Xen
Xen
Sure thing. <3
ProjectTitan313
ProjectTitan313
Ok, IRC's done: After 7 months (no joke) of turning applications, I finally got hired, so Vic can finally move forward in life. He will of course check Smogon every day like he's been doing foe a while now.
Xen
Xen
Yay, congrats! :3

Jobs around here are basically non-existent atm, which really sucks. Only places I know of that are hiring here atm are the basic burger chains and a local pizza joint, where all the drug addicts work. ;_;
ProjectTitan313
ProjectTitan313
Dude, I'm in the economic hole that is SE Michigan. Detroit's officially bankrupt. I know the feel; I actually had a good interview with Burger King right before my deal-sealing Target interview. lol.
Xen
Xen
lol, didn't get a notification for this.

But yeah, definitely not as bad as Detroit here, but some days it feels like it. No target around here in several miles, just a Wal Mart (that job was awful too. lol)
ProjectTitan313
ProjectTitan313
Oh god, yes, Wal-Mart the retail equivalent of Satan, only people who work there are those who were not warned, and the very desperate. Aside from walking 5 hours straight killing my legs, its not too bad at all.
Xen
Xen
Yeah, unfortunately I was one of those who weren't warned when I turned in my application.

I always remember being compared to TV/Pop Icons when I worked there. Some days I was compared to Drake from the TV show Drake & Josh, and other days I was compared to Justin Bieber. -.-
ProjectTitan313
ProjectTitan313
Oh god. That might be worse than that woman who openly hated on Elvis Presley today at work, and that's borderline terrorism.
Xen
Xen
She didn't like his music? Or was it a legitimate hate rant? o.O
ProjectTitan313
ProjectTitan313
Nuh. I'm going around the store, collecting carts (cart attendant), and as I'm passing the Xmas decor, they have an audio display; hit a button for a holiday music samle. This woman and her kid were using it, and when the kid plays Blue Christmas, the mom says "Ew I hate that song, change it" and kid puts on some Barbie xmas thing.
ProjectTitan313
ProjectTitan313
I had to act professional of course, so I just walked by since her back was to me, and cried on the inside.
Xen
Xen
lolwut? I can understand not liking the song, but who in the hell picks Barbie over Elvis?

I feel sorry for our future generations...
ProjectTitan313
ProjectTitan313
Oh, no, the kid liked Elvis - the mom didn't. She was like, 7, she still has hope. The mom? Nope, none.
ProjectTitan313
ProjectTitan313
Besides, the Shoutbox killed all faith I ever had in humanity. :P