Gen 3 [$545 USD Prize Pool] ADV LC Open: Porygon's Bizarre Adventure - Round 6

art by grape tylenol
hosted by grape tylenol with help from AC7
approved by Rage

>> ADV LC Discord <<
>> ADV LC Sample Teams and Resources <<

Welcome to ADV LC Open: Porygon's Bizarre Adventure!
This is a double elimination ADV LC tour with a prize pool of $545.00 USD!

1st place - $327.00 USD
2nd place - $136.25 USD
3rd place - $81.75 USD
LeJames Chonk - $115 USD
Greedy_eb - $100 USD
TRowePrice667 - $75 USD
Shing - $42.25 USD
DreamyFleur - $35 USD
SBPC - $30 USD
Flou - $25 USD
grape tylenol - $23 USD (paypal ate my $2 ok)
natu - $20 USD
Corporal Levi - $20 USD
goldmason - $20 USD
reggg - $15 USD
kmrt - $10 USD
AmericanPi - $9.75 USD
Wesleyy - $5 USD

If you are interested in donating to the prize pool (donations of $5 USD or more will receive a sketch from me as a thank you) please DM me here or on Discord (grapetylenol.)

Tournament rules are as follows:
- General tournament rules and regulations apply.
- Best of three, double elimination.
- This tournament will use the ADV LC banlist, which can be found on Smogon's strategy dex.
- If metagame changes occur during the middle of a round, they will take effect in the subsequent round.
- Battles must take place on Pokemon Showdown! or the SmogTours server.
- Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the set.
- Replays are mandatory for all matches played to prevent disputes.

Matchups:
Winner's Bracket:
RoyalReloaded
 vs  Squeeby
Gangsta Spongebob  vs  Merisuzi
false  vs  feen
Lily  vs  PolloAriosto
MOHAMEDALL  vs  Colin
ElectricityCat  vs  TheFranklin
BlackKnight_Gawain  vs  HSOWA
natu
 vs  ToastedBunzzz02
Raichy  vs  queso
Elfuseon  vs  Trade
Fragments  vs  TyCarter
BP  vs  adorluigi
genisu  vs  LeJames Chonk
Arcanine1929
 vs  Shruzz
passion  vs  Cawil Maxamad
Divine10  vs  ziloXX

Loser's Bracket:
Shing
 vs  Coupe de Boule
Alder ST  vs  Ampha
ninjadog  vs  ggggd
Eniigma
 vs  elodin
BigYellow  vs  BlueWollyWog
reggg  vs  Cristian Jimenez
Sabelette  vs  TRowePrice667
Kaboom  vs  mad0ka
Steel207
 vs  Fernanch
JeoZ  vs  leoperi99
Celdanami  vs  yellowfin
be7  vs  avarice
Mimikyu Stardust
 vs  Quinn
temp  vsDAHLI
Zcarlett
 vs  rarre
Kenix  vs  naere

The deadline to complete matches for this round is Sunday, February 18th at 10:00 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:

DivineMadness

formerly Divine10
Claiming the act, the opponent missed the scheduled time. I waited 30 mins. Proof on their wall.

Last edited:
won in 2 vs Coupe de Boule, ggs!

G1: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3lc-747973?p2
G2: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen3lc-747979

Team 1: https://pokepast.es/1bac2e859eceb65b
Team 2: https://pokepast.es/c6adafaf3a16f01c

notes: Abra lead is crazy since it leads to some limited revenge killing it, meaning there are a lot of potential wincon paths you can build with the lead, and it can lowkey 6-0 a team from the start. Take advantage of Protect vs Doduo so you're able to play around CB Doduo. Twave Elekid is neat here to cripple Abra so your Gastly or Porygon cleans it off. I'm also loving more with Spikes because that means I can afford some Bulk to survive some scenarios while being able to sweep. Gonna note that the Abra lead team of mine while goat, has its personal flaws tbh and while it's good there's more to optimize here.
As for team 2, I wanted to condition them to think that the G2 team is the same as G1 team. I've been optimizing the Ralts + Porygon set and finding ways to make the fishing work(because I genuinely think it's an unfair strategy and a problem potentially). The thing is you'll need to make your opponent stay in with Porygon on your trappers. Trapping Diglett or Trapinch with Ralts does work, but doing it on Porygon is more consistent since that's how I structured the core to begin with. The good part is that you've three other flexible partners to make it hard for the opponent to know the core, but the opponent can still figure it out through the gameplay. So it's up to you to make it hard for the opponent to find out it, but it's a very noob killer core for sure. Also, I dropped Recover < Shadow Ball, so your game plan is to give Porygon atk boost via Sharpen and trigger the Salac. You'll get +3 minimum, but +4 is the best since it covers the annoying rolls vs like Koffing and Porygon at full health, so I backed it up with Para to give you like 6 opportunities to get a para lol. I recommend building a whole different team with this structure to make it hard for your opponent since it's public.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)