(Click sprites for the importable)
Thanks to Buck the Goat for helping me build this team

Table of Contents:
  • Proof of Peak
  • Team Members
  • Threats
  • Replays

Shay's Fate is my main account, which was decently high in ladder
Dead Shay Weight is the account that I created two days ago to ladder after I got to top 1 with this team
Captura de pantalla (119).png

Team Members

|:dondozo:|:blissey:|:gliscor:|:arceus:|:mandibuzz:

Ho-Oh @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Recover
- Whirlwind
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird

Ho-Oh checks Koraidon, Calyrex-Shadow, Zacian-Crowned and some Calm Mind and Swords/Dragon Dance Arceus forms, mainly Swords Dance Arceus Normal lacking Stone Edge or Supercell Slam and Calm Mind Arceus Fairy and Ground. Tera Grass was chosen as it allows Ho-Oh to beat both Miraidon and Kyogre, Tera Fairy is a legitimate option to beat Koraidon but I ended choosing Grass over it because Miraidon and Kyogre are much bigger threats to the team, not only that, but it also comes with the benefit of a Spore immunity.

This is a pretty standart set that doesn't need much explanation. Heavy Duty Boots cover Ho-Oh's biggest weakness in Stealth Rock, allowing it to switch more freely while taking more advantage of Regenerator. Recover allows Ho-Oh to stay healthy without having to switch, Whirlwind forces a switch, dealing with setup sweepers and forcing something to take hazard damage, making it a pretty spammable move once hazards are up, as any Pokemon afraid of Ho-Oh will switch into a check that will be chipped if it's not running Heavy Duty Boots to then be forced out, forcing more hazard damage. Brave Bird and Sacred Fire are great stab moves, with the latter being a great tool to cripple physical attackers and chip switchins lacking recovery such as Miraidon, Kyogre and Giratina-O.

:ho_oh:|
|:blissey:|:gliscor:|:arceus:|:mandibuzz:

Dondozo @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 29 Spe
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Avalanche
- Fissure / Body Press / Waterfall

Dondozo checks most physical attackers in the tier including but not limiting to physical Arceus forms, Koraidon, Necrozma Dusk Mane, Zacian Crowned and Calyrex-Ice. Tera Flying was chosen in this set to avoid Miraidon's Electric Terrain from blocking Rest, which can prove to be problematic against certain offensive teams.

This is a similar set to what you could see in OU. Rest is Dondozo's only recovery move, making it a must have even if it's unreliable. Avalanche is a great way to damage the main physical attacker in the tier, Koraidon, while denting any Ice weak Pokemon such as Miraidon that might want to take advantage of Dondozo. Sleep Talk reduces Dondozo's pasivity by allowing it to attack while asleep and therefore have a better matchup against physical attackers. The last move in the set depends a lot on the player, I opted to use Fissure because it was tempting as a breaking tool that capitalized on special attackers switching against Dondozo just to be met with an OHKO. However, I don't recomend this much and moves like Body Press and Waterfall are better, specially when having to face Zacian Crowned. Lastly, I decided to use Heavy Duty Boots on it to prevent Dondozo getting worn down by Ting Lu's Spikes.

The EV Spread above is pretty simple, maxing HP and Defense along a +Defense Nature to make Dondozo as physically bulky as possible while having the speed needed to underspeed Calyrex-Ice under Trick Room.

:ho_oh:|:dondozo:|
|:gliscor:|:arceus:|:mandibuzz:

Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Def / 184 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss

Blissey is one of the special walls ever, and as such, I deciced to include it, acting as a check to many of the specially offensive Pokemon, mainly Miraidon, Kyogre, Eternatus and Calm Mind Arceus. Tera Grass was chosen to deal with Kyogre's Water Spout and Miraidon's Choice Specs boosted Volt Swicthes.

Calm Mind is a necessity as it allows Blissey to beat opposing Calm Mind users or even a Terastalized Calyrex Shadow lacking Psyshock. Seismic Toss is a solid way of dealing damage that doesn't rely on Blissey's mediocre attacking stats, options such as Alluring Voice and Shadow Ball exist, but they're not nearly as consistent as Seismic Toss. Lastly, Stealth Rock is a great tool that generates a source of consistent damage as most teams lack reliable hazard removal.

The EV Spread I'm using allows Blissey to live 2 Psyshocks or a +2 Psyshock from Calyrex Shadow, which is pretty useful against Terastalized Calyrex. A set using 252 EVs in both HP and Special Defense along a Calm Nature is usable and would work much better against Special Attackers, but I valued Blissey's capability to take physical hits once in a while.

:ho_oh:|:dondozo:|:blissey:|
|:arceus:|:mandibuzz:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Protect
- Spikes
- Knock Off

Gliscor doesn't really check anything specific, however, it's a great temporary switch against many physical attackers such as DD Arceus Ground, Arceus Normal, Zekrom and Unboosted Zacian while having a decent 1v1 matchup against Koraidon. It also matches well against defensive Pokemon such as Ho-Oh, Ting Lu, and Necrozma Dusk Mane.

Gliscor's purpose is to be a progress maker, Spikes is a great move that puts a lot of Pokemon in a timer, as most teams lack a reliable hazard removal and the most powerful breakers don't usually run Heavy Duty Boots, with the only exceptions being Miraidon, Calyrex-Shadow and Arceus. Which I more than enough tools, specially in Miraidon's case when its attacks aren't being boosted by Life Orb or Choice Specs. Toxic is another great move that punishes many Pokemon on the switch and pairs well with Protect, which heals Gliscor, scouts moves on Choiced locked Pokemon and forces a poison turn. Knock Off is a great utility move that OHKOs Calyrex on the switch and pairs well with Spikes, removing any Heavy Duty Boots from Pokemon such as Ho-Oh or Eternatus and crippling Pokemon such as Loaded Dice or Choice Band Koraidon, Choice Specs Miraidon or any Pokemon with Leftovers as its only recovery.

The shown EV Spread maximizes physical bulk while having an HP stat divisible by 16, which maximizes Poison Heal recovery.

:ho_oh:|:dondozo:|:blissey:|:gliscor:|
|:mandibuzz:

Arceus @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multitype
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Recover
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Iron Defense

Arceus' purpose on the team is to act as a counter to most physical attackers in the tier while beating Calyrex Shadow and the rare but stallbreaking Basculegion. It's main purpose is to beat Zekrom and Kyurem Black, which not only have incredibly strong moves with great coverage, but also ignore Dondozo's Unaware ability. Tera Fairy was chosen to beat Koraidon and to have a Dragon absorber that can help against Draco Meteor and Outrage users, specially against the latter as a revenge killing method, forcing the Outrage user to be burned and therefore reducing its offensive potential to dust.

The combination of Will-O-Wisp + Iron Defense beats almost every physical attacker in the game, while any attempt at counteracting the defense boosts or burn damage nerf with boosts will be punished with Foul Play, which does great damage against Pokemon like Necrozma Dusk Mane, Calyrex Shadow and boosted Arceus. The reason I'm using Arceus Normal over Arceus Dark or Fairy is purely because of Heavy Duty Boots allowing Arceus to be a reliable switch to the things it's supposed to check without hazards being a big deal.

The EV Spread is pretty simple, maximizing Arceus' physical bulk to let it deal with the physical attackers of the tier.

:ho_oh:|:dondozo:|:blissey:|:gliscor:|:arceus:|

Mandibuzz @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Knock Off

Mandibuzz is the last Pokemon in the team and acts as a Calyrex Shadow counter with a ton of utility. It's usually overshadow by Gliscor, but helps a lot when Gliscor can't switch in, acting as a second progress maker with the Knock Off + Toxic combination while punishing any attempts at using Swords Dance or similar moves with Foul Play. Like Gliscor, Mandibuzz also likes facing passive Pokemon, Ho-Oh might deal too much damage to Mandibuzz, but using Knock Off or Toxic if Gliscor can't is more than worthy at times, the same goes for Pokemon such as Eternatus, who is much easier to deal with when it has no boots and can deal do more than 50% to Gliscor.

Tera Steel was chosen to deal with +2 Tera Fairy Calyrex Shadow, letting Mandibuzz use Toxic as Calyrex uses Draining Kiss/Tera Blast while helping against Eternatus and Mortal Spin Glimmora and the EV Spread used allows Mandibuzz to take Calyrex more reliably, specially when it takes no hazard damage thanks to Heavy Duty Boots.

Threats

Every team has its weaknesses, and this one is no exception.

:miraidon:
Miraidon is a hard to deal with Pokemon, Heavy Duty Boots sets are hard to wear down and will pretty much force you to switch to Blissey, wearing it down. Tera Grass Ho-Oh can help with this but you cant always tera Ho-Oh. Choice Specs sets are very hard to wall, specially when spamming Volt Switch and Tera Dragon Draco Meteor, your best bet in this scenario is wearing it down with hazards and playing around it. Calm Mind sets are the hardest to deal with, specially if they happen to have Taunt, in this case just try to win the Calm Mind war with Blissey.

:kyogre:
Some variants of Kyogre can be a huge problem with the most problematic ones being Choice Specs Tera Water and Sub CM Thunder. The former has too much breaking power and can only be worked around as it even OHKOs non Tera Grass Blissey while the latter can beat Blissey in the Calm Mind war by virtue of being able to create 101 HP Substitutes and eventually critting Blissey. Calm Mind variants lacking Thunder can be walled by Dondozo. who resists both Water and Ice, and variants lacking Substitute die faster and have less room to crit.

:chi_yu: :kyurem_black:
Niche wallbreakers such as Chi Yu or Tera Fire Kyurem Black are a huge problem for this team, with some of them being an autoloss. This is just an inherent problem with stall, you cannot wall every Pokemon and that's how it is.

:smeargle:
Baton Pass, if used by someone who knows how to handle it, is an autoloss with any AG Stall ever created in this gen, you simply cant break the chain when Ingrain and Magic Bounce exist.

Replays
:ho_oh: :dondozo: :blissey: :gliscor: :arceus: :mandibuzz:vs :zacian_crowned: :zacian_crowned: :kyurem_black: :kyogre: :kyogre: :basculegion:
:ho_oh: :dondozo: :blissey: :gliscor: :arceus: :mandibuzz: vs :dondozo: :gliscor: :garganacl: :clodsire: :ho_oh: :ditto:
:ho_oh: :dondozo: :blissey: :gliscor: :arceus: :mandibuzz: vs :arceus: :miraidon: :glimmora: :calyrex_shadow: :ditto: :koraidon:

Thank you so much for reading this, I will be glad if anyone used the team or helped me improve it.​

Last edited:
First AG rmt I have ever seen, amazing work for making stall work, glory to big stall!

Last edited:
Very cool team, I only have one suggestion. Wouldn't confide be better than calm mind on blissey because it doesn't have any special attacks? Calm mind makes you more vulnerable to being screwed over by a crit, because you might have to take a +6 crit attack for a turn rather than what is basically a neutral attack

Shay's Fate

formerly La fusión más 7u7
Very cool team, I only have one suggestion. Wouldn't confide be better than calm mind on blissey because it doesn't have any special attacks? Calm mind makes you more vulnerable to being screwed over by a crit, because you might have to take a +6 crit attack for a turn rather than what is basically a neutral attack
Blissey lost Confide in gen 9, that's something I really hate because it would make Blissey much better against CM users.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)