Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

I know steel isn't a great offensive type but I'd love to see someone run a doom desire/wish jirachi, maybe paired with raging bolt to draw out fairies and discourage defensive waters from switching in. Haven't tested it myself but I think there's something there

I know steel isn't a great offensive type but I'd love to see someone run a doom desire/wish jirachi, maybe paired with raging bolt to draw out fairies and discourage defensive waters from switching in. Haven't tested it myself but I think there's something there
ooh, what about doom desire and future sight? jirachi gets both, plus wish and u-turn to pivot, and you get to pick what kind of pressure you put on the opponent. maybe even red card to potentially randomly force a switch into something that really doesn't like being hit by one of those moves? i dunno, just spitballing. but you might be on to something here

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
ooh, what about doom desire and future sight? jirachi gets both, plus wish and u-turn to pivot, and you get to pick what kind of pressure you put on the opponent. maybe even red card to potentially randomly force a switch into something that really doesn't like being hit by one of those moves? i dunno, just spitballing. but you might be on to something here
already tested, you cannot use one when the other is already active on the field, which is why most people go for fsight even on rachi

already tested, you cannot use one when the other is already active on the field, which is why most people go for fsight even on rachi
I don't know why they did that, it would have been so cool to do and jirachi could of had a genuine niche in the tier. Maybe at some point, they will do something like future sight with another type? My only guesses they could do are ghost (similar to psychic types, so etheral magic), water (Throw up water into the sky, which comes down to rain on the opponent two turns later), electric (send an electric pulse into the clouds, which activates two turns later) and steel (bombs, just bombs. We already have magnet bomb, so why not more?)

View attachment 601462
Finch finally openly admits he is a toddler who watches Cocomelon on his mother’s ipad during car rides.

(seriously tho, props to the council for getting the broken stuff out of the way)
Actually this video is a metacommentary upon the state of the OU metagame, where players refuse to acknowledge their faults and keep attempting to use bandage answers to keep the tier afloat, until the point where it all comes down. Only within the rubble of the old, can a new, better and stronger OU be born...

(I hate English class dawg)

i know you can't, i know basically every move interaction (except for dynamax cannon not being encoreable, that one was new to me), but even being forced to use only one at a time you can still exert two different kinds of pressure on your opponent and that seems like it could maybe have some sort of value. not like i'm gonna be claiming it's the new meta or something, the best jirachi set will always be one with iron head on it, but i figure it might be workable

future sight hits more things but that 140bp and no immunities does seem worth it if you can control whos on the field. ill give it a try when i have time.
Steel is a much worse offensive typing than Psychic though. It's resisted by a lot more types, making it do less damage overall in the long run even factoring in the higher Base Power of Doom Desire.

switches into kingambit on the turn that both doom desire and future sight come out, ends turn with 88% health

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Doom Desire
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
Double sight set, you can use each one for whatever situation is best and nothing can switch into your coverage, ghold is hurt by shadow ball, and gambit is destroyed by aura sphere.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Doom Desire
- Aura Sphere
- Shadow Ball
Double sight set, you can use each one for whatever situation is best and nothing can switch into your coverage, ghold is hurt by shadow ball, and gambit is destroyed by aura sphere.
without checking the calc i bet aura sphere does 70 max to gambit

without checking the calc i bet aura sphere does 70 max to gambit
252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 364-432 (92.3 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
It does a butt ton of damage.
252+ SpA Jirachi Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gholdengo: 174-206 (46 - 54.4%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Jirachi Doom Desire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gholdengo: 113-133 (29.8 - 35.1%) -- 20.4% chance to 3HKO
On more offensive ghold sets, the combination of shadow ball and doom desire will most likely ko them, as this is defensive ghold.
252+ SpA Jirachi Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 172-204 (54.6 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Jirachi Doom Desire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Gholdengo: 113-133 (35.8 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
It does, though it is a roll.

252+ SpA Jirachi Aura Sphere vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Kingambit: 364-432 (92.3 - 109.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
you have to make it modest plus invest three turns worth of plays to not even guaranteed kill not fully bulky gambit...i'm sorry buddy i think we gotta leave this idea in the drafts lol

Steel is a much worse offensive typing than Psychic though. It's resisted by a lot more types, making it do less damage overall in the long run even factoring in the higher Base Power of Doom Desire.
read above thats why i mention attatching it to raging bolt to discourage bulky waters/other resists

Al-fuckin-ready? We got the results of the last test no more than a day ago!
Honestly this tracks if anything to me. Arch was evidently emerging as a controversial topic in a Kyurem Meta. If Kyurem was banned we'd probably have more reason to wait and see if Archaludon became more manageable with Kyurem's Teambuilder strain gone, but with it staying, we're remaining in the Meta where Arch was on the radar already.

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
And nothing changed as a result of it. What's your point?
Just seems like a very short time between em, thats all. Not a lotta time for me to scheme up an obnoxiously familiar rain team.
BTW is toxapex good still or should I try and slip in LandoT as my main elec resist when i dont wanna burn up the tera on fucking pelliper

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Just seems like a very short time between em, thats all. Not a lotta time for me to scheme up an obnoxiously familiar rain team.
BTW is toxapex good still or should I try and slip in LandoT as my main elec resist when i dont wanna burn up the tera on fucking pelliper
Toxapex is ok into certain HOs, but it really struggles into Slowking-G teams and Gliscor teams while it is no longer great into Rain as it is Archaludon food. Definitely proceed with caution, it fell UU for a reason

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
Toxapex is ok into certain HOs, but it really struggles into Slowking-G teams and Gliscor teams while it is no longer great into Rain as it is Archaludon food. Definitely proceed with caution, it fell UU for a reason
Cool, cool it fucking what? When? Damn thing's about as OU as Landorus. Unless...

Anyways, rain weather teams these days have a lot of fairy weaknesses, huh?

Like I agree that arch is very good but what is it gonna do in the face of glowking + a second pivoter.
Get to +3 SpA and +3 Def by sitting on the field that's what it does

Cool, cool it fucking what? When? Damn thing's about as OU as Landorus. Unless...

Anyways, rain weather teams these days have a lot of fairy weaknesses, huh?
The most popular rain team has 3 steel types on it