Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
How do I make one of these (I don’t know what they’re called) :sv/pikachu: be shiny?
shiny sprites don't have direct integration, but they can still be put on forums via image links.
  1. go to https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/
  2. navigate to the shiny you want. in this case, ani-shiny -> gallade-mega
  3. copy the link of the file (https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/ani-shiny/gallade-mega.gif)
  4. on forums, click on the insert image button, click on "by url", and put in the gif link

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
I know that Ubers kinda fills this role, but considering that it’s a tier all on its own, I don’t think that it counts as a “BL” anymore. Anyways, you guys should make an OUBL. Pokémon such as Espathra, Dialga, and so many more Pokémon could go here

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
So, yes… But too late… You see, I’m writing down all the usage rates, and I already did Uber… but I must’ve started before it was put out, so it’s outdated. Ugh! That took hours!

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
You guys should delete Pokémon from the list of Pokémon (like Terapagos-Stellar and Terapagos-Terastal in Uber) that can’t even be put on a team really (when I put those on, it says that they can’t have their abilities). I’d think it to save time sometimes, too

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
You guys should delete Pokémon from the list of Pokémon (like Terapagos-Stellar and Terapagos-Terastal in Uber) that can’t even be put on a team really (when I put those on, it says that they can’t have their abilities). I’d think it to save time sometimes, too
They’re there for formats such as Metronome Battle and Hackmons where they can be put on a team. The teambuilder is the same in terms of content at all times (except for CAP I think), only the order changes. It’s much simpler.

So, yes… But too late… You see, I’m writing down all the usage rates, and I already did Uber… but I must’ve started before it was put out, so it’s outdated. Ugh! That took hours!
Just wanna say, since you seem somewhat new to the forums, you should try your best to group your thoughts all in one post. It is because it takes up less space and what you say will be easier to find. Also, you should try to avoid doing one word posts such as "thx" because you can just show that by reacting with a like.

Is there a reason I can't leave a message on somebody's profile? There's no "say something" box like usual. Their profile has 0 messages. I play them in a tournament and am trying to schedule a time

Nanulak

formerly PokefanKIV
Is there a reason I can't leave a message on somebody's profile? There's no "say something" box like usual. Their profile has 0 messages. I play them in a tournament and am trying to schedule a time
I’m not staff, but one possibility is that they are ignoring you. However, I don’t know if you can or cannot reply if someone is ignoring you, and I kinda find it unlikely that anyone would ignore anyone

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
There are users who do not allow public wall posting on their profile. Who is this user?

0) User 1 locates User 2's User Profile. If it is already set to public, move on to the next step. If they're unable to post on User 2's wall, User 1 tags User 2 and the host (using an @ before User 2/the host's forum name) in the tournament thread requesting that User 2 make their profile public. If User 2 does not, they will risk being subbed out or suffering an activity loss.
This is from the Tournament Scheduling Guidelines. Starting there by pinging your opponent and the host in the tournament thread is a good start.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)