palworld

its true, galarian meowth invented the cheshire cat smile. I was told this by lewis carroll's ghost.
By white rabbit Scorbunny's pants, are you saying that Disney ripped off G Meowth? No way! :pika:

Jokes aside, this longboi must be protected.

Last edited:
pals Really are pokémon fusions via AI imo. Not that It Is true (probably Is tho), It Just looks a lot so no pal Is original. All are fusions. show me a pal. Ill tell You which pokémon It Is. Even If It looks like only one, All pals are fuaion of two.

Why Is It Not free? Why isn't There mobile version? :ghorse:

its true, galarian meowth invented the cheshire cat smile. I was told this by lewis carroll's ghost.
That is true. There are only so many ways to draw a Cheshire Cat grin after all.
1706387373216.jpeg

See the common number and shape of the teeth?
I bet no one here could tell the difference. I sure couldn't.
So really should we be surprised when these two happen to look a little bit like each other? I mean look, the outline for the teeth are different. You can't explain that.
1706387590286.jpeg

While you're here, if you believed what I said, I have a wonderful bridge to sell you.

First of all, this video debunks the misinformations from both sides.

To quote someone, TL;DW: For the most part, the models seem to be referenced off of Pokemon models, but not actually directly modified from them. Even the most similar, azurobe, is unlikely to be actually stolen. And even then, it should be kept in mind that there's a lot of freelancers working on the game, so something could have slipped in without Pocketpair knowing about it

So yes, this "OC donut steel" meme has aged.

Secondly for news, they've reached this far. 19M players who have downloaded it.
Already ditched my plan to get Switch and Violet and half regretting buying grass kitten plush.

Ok, might as well give my thoughts on the game and not just talk on the plagiarism.

I have never seen so many people simp over a game that is so aggressively mid. Every element to it is below par in every genre it tries to be in. From crafting, to base building, to catching and fighting with the pokerip-offs, to just getting around everywhere. Worst is that all the elements interfere with each other. Gathering resources, fighting, and movement such as running and climbing all use stamina which is just dumb. Not only does it give you a cooldown when gathering and moments that leave you open in combat, but doing one of these things leaves you worse at all the others. If you run and want to mine, you have to wait for your stamina to refill, you try running from a fight, if you're caught, you're fucked. And that's not getting into the mechanics with the "Donut Steel" monsters. When you're fighting with them, you have little control meaning if you want to catch something, you better bring them back to their BOTW bombs and hope they don't kill it before hand. Or you should hope you don't get fucking stuck in one one of them. Yeah, that happened to me. Tried to run away but it ended up just on top of me and unable to catch it. In Legends Arceus I could stun it with some mud, but this? Just lube up because the game will bend you over. The crafting and base building, even in a genre where things can take a while, the crafting just takes too long. You can automate it... somewhat, but to do that you have to use the shitty catching mechanics. It is just all around unfun. And that's ignoring the bugs.

Fucking hell, say what you want about modern Pokemon, at least Scarlet and Violet are fun when they work. It feels like people are shaming a 5/10 with a 4/10 and I'm fucking baffled.

Ok, might as well give my thoughts on the game and not just talk on the plagiarism.

I have never seen so many people simp over a game that is so aggressively mid. Every element to it is below par in every genre it tries to be in. From crafting, to base building, to catching and fighting with the pokerip-offs, to just getting around everywhere. Worst is that all the elements interfere with each other. Gathering resources, fighting, and movement such as running and climbing all use stamina which is just dumb. Not only does it give you a cooldown when gathering and moments that leave you open in combat, but doing one of these things leaves you worse at all the others. If you run and want to mine, you have to wait for your stamina to refill, you try running from a fight, if you're caught, you're fucked. And that's not getting into the mechanics with the "Donut Steel" monsters. When you're fighting with them, you have little control meaning if you want to catch something, you better bring them back to their BOTW bombs and hope they don't kill it before hand. Or you should hope you don't get fucking stuck in one one of them. Yeah, that happened to me. Tried to run away but it ended up just on top of me and unable to catch it. In Legends Arceus I could stun it with some mud, but this? Just lube up because the game will bend you over. The crafting and base building, even in a genre where things can take a while, the crafting just takes too long. You can automate it... somewhat, but to do that you have to use the shitty catching mechanics. It is just all around unfun. And that's ignoring the bugs.

Fucking hell, say what you want about modern Pokemon, at least Scarlet and Violet are fun when they work. It feels like people are shaming a 5/10 with a 4/10 and I'm fucking baffled.
The same argument for Scarlet Violet can be levied for Palworld too here, so much that the "Quit Having Fun" comic thrown since Sword Shield era are haunting them today. Both are "buggy, but fun" with the difference that SV is fully released AAA game while PW is early access. A significant portion of PW fans were burnt out by the generational blunders TPC has thrown and when they play it many realised it's not just Pokémon Gun and find it actually fun. And while I don't like fanatics, any PW stans of today is result of TPC's failings and Pokémon fanatics calling war to it first (and others joining in with their bad faith "evidences" or straight up false accusations such as genAI. I say others as I saw the first of that video was made by non-fan).

The gameplay loop actually works. People say one catches Pals, build base, work in the base with Pals helping automations (you can do the works yourself too), catch more Pals, continually build the base, while also unlocking technology as one progresses that allows further explorations. Some says the elements shouldn't have worked together (and I did think so with how contrasting the aesthetics is) and yet it DID.

One thing Pokémon and (almost every) others has never offered is fighting alongside the mons, not just fighting using mons. That in itself is a very refreshing take on the mon genre. It's like combining Arceus with MonHun (and MonHun itself almost comes close with the Palico sidekicks, but understandably it's not the focus of). And on that note, stamina meter is common and it fits the survival genre much like MonHun about hunting, while one will soon be able to build saddles to ride bigger Pals to go further surpassing the stamina meter limitations. Catching Pals by weakening it is pretty much every other Mon games and MonHun has trapping mechanics too anyway if less fantastical and more realistic.
And realistically, they're still fantastic monsters, so you'll be stomped if you think you can run unscathed. There's reason Professor Oak stops you from going to grass after all.

Another thing people are hooked over is building one's base into becoming interior designer. If Minceraft and Animal Crossing could work in their genres, ids why can't Palworld either.

My critique on PW is that a few their designs do have weird choices such as ugly thunder dog (Daschund still pulled it better) or ice fox which is too busily designed, and that they are still limited in species with like 5 foxes (although this is also because they have 150ish monsters without being evolutionarily related), so I hope they'll expand by researching more real life nature or concepts to make species from.

Of course, it's not for everyone. The gameplay is already different it's perpendicular aside of Mon catching. But people definitely had fun with it if the 94% reviews are anything to go by. I didn't plan to get it, but now I'm convinced to when I have working PC.

Last edited:
Monster Hunter Stories.
Ok, almost, that slipped off my mind. MHSt2 has the problem of locked continuity that you need to know what's going on with MHSt1 to know who some people you work with first though, and the one part you're blamed for being railroaded outside your choices.

But it's true that MHSt2 was already preferred over SwSh by quite some people. Unfortunately didn't manage to reach the same height. It does innovate over the ol' turn based system in good way.

Anyway, Minceraft managed to get their people hooked, but even such loop can only work for so long and it'll depend on how Pocketpair will handle the game forward, and hopefully they can do it well. They're focusing to fix bugs and add more features like PvP. I'll be cautiously optimistic, but I certainly have more hope in them than in GF to improve their game. I've made my peace with that.

Last edited:
The gameplay loop actually works. People say one catches Pals, build base, work in the base with Pals helping automations (you can do the works yourself too), catch more Pals, continually build the base, while also unlocking technology as one progresses that allows further explorations. Some says the elements shouldn't have worked together (and I did think so with how contrasting the aesthetics is) and yet it DID.

One thing Pokémon and others has never offered is fighting alongside the mons, not just fighting using mons. That in itself is a very refreshing take on the mon genre. It's like combining Arceus with MonHun (and MonHun itself almost comes close with the Palico sidekicks, but understandably it's not the focus of). And on that note, stamina meter is common and it fits the survival genre much like MonHun about hunting, while one will soon be able to build saddles to ride bigger Pals to go further surpassing the stamina meter limitations. Catching Pals by weakening it is pretty much every other Mon games and MonHun has trapping mechanics too anyway if less fantastical and more realistic.
And realistically, they're still fantastic monsters, so you'd be stomped if you think you can run unscathed. There's reason Professor Oak stops you from going to grass after all.

Another thing people are hooked over is building one's base into becoming interior designer. If Minceraft and Animal Crossing could work in their genres, ids why can't Palworld either.
Great, now make it fun.

Again, you are evading my point about every mechanic being below par for every, and I do mean every, single genre it's trying to take part in. I don't care how one particular mechanic is seen in one of its genres. How does it interact with the other mechanics in this game? Fighting with your mon is fine until it actively hinders you from getting what you want which was the point I was trying to make. Stamina bars for running or climbing is fine until it keeps you from fighting. Mining is fine until just mining one tree fills your inventory so much you have to go back and clear your pack. Crafting is fine unless it takes five minutes because the pal you had working on it got the flu or something. All of these things are done better in other games, and some of them are cheaper than Palworld. Why would I settle for something less than the sum of its parts? Might as well play Minecraft, or Factorio, or BOTW, or Fortnite, or Legends Arceus and actually have fun with the various mechanics that work with the mechanics of the games instead of being put together because some guy wants to create something that has no thought behind it behind "put every successful game genre in the last 10 years into this thing and hope it makes a good game."

Also way to prove my point about people trying to shame a 5/10 with a 4/10 game. Fucking hell, defending a lack of quality with the early access defense. You think people would have learned by now. They're still charging money for it.

Great, now make it fun.

Again, you are evading my point about every mechanic being below par for every, and I do mean every, single genre it's trying to take part in. I don't care how one particular mechanic is seen in one of its genres. How does it interact with the other mechanics in this game? Fighting with your mon is fine until it actively hinders you from getting what you want which was the point I was trying to make. Stamina bars for running or climbing is fine until it keeps you from fighting. Mining is fine until just mining one tree fills your inventory so much you have to go back and clear your pack. Crafting is fine unless it takes five minutes because the pal you had working on it got the flu or something. All of these things are done better in other games, and some of them are cheaper than Palworld. Why would I settle for something less than the sum of its parts? Might as well play Minecraft, or Factorio, or BOTW, or Fortnite, or Legends Arceus and actually have fun with the various mechanics that work with the mechanics of the games instead of being put together because some guy wants to create something that has no thought behind it behind "put every successful game genre in the last 10 years into this thing and hope it makes a good game."

Also way to prove my point about people trying to shame a 5/10 with a 4/10 game. Fucking hell, defending a lack of quality with the early access defense. You think people would have learned by now. They're still charging money for it.
To what I read, they are "below par" when only picked individually. But they synergise well. And it's survival genre. Anything more than that and the positive reviews would make me think of other problems external to the game itself that I can't think how to say it. Even my senpai are having fun with it and Altissimo have some tips in OI Discord server.

And yes, frankly Pokémon has failed so much, people are willing to "shit on 5/10 game with 4/10 game" which points are again, YMMV. I said that more because they're made with shoestring budget and still managed to humiliate the last ten years in this franchise. Although I admit it's kinda expected as the games are just vehicle to anime and merches and it's pointless to hope otherwise although SV is the right direction, just burdened with chains of scheduled generations which won't likely change. At any rate, they're here to stay and the positive reviews prove it.

I'll still dream for Pokémon....
But excuse me as I need to draw Furret and Chillet

Last edited:

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Great, now make it fun.

then just play a different game? maybe this one isn't for you???

Monster Hunter Stories.
criminally slept on

Elvira

formerly bruised
Its early access. I think they're probably planning on listening to player feedback and making it fun.
What they really need to do is add more cross play features so all console friends and pc friends can join and enjoy this wonderful game (I haven’t gotten past the first tutorial boss and I’m scared)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)