Tournament National Dex World Cup IV - Semis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akeras

We've got to get in to get out
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1713798279441.png

art by Kolohe

This tournament is hosted by Akeras, adem, Mirbro and Zoyotte.

Week 1 | Week 2 | Week 3 | Week 4 | Week 5 | Semis | Finals | Replays and Usages | Spreadsheet

Rules
  • Follow all rules listed here.​
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for us to make decisions for activity calls when we can actually see what went down with scheduling.​
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to us or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.​
  • Substitutions may be made after a week as started. When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.​
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.​
  • Post replays. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later. They're also required.​
Semis

After a harsh fighting period, 4 teams stand out from the crowd, defeating their ennemier. Those teams are : US South ! Spain + LatAm ! Asia + Oceania ! US Northeast ! They will fight during the next week for the title of National Dex World Cup Champions !
Good luck to you, players !

:xy/marowak-alola: US South (4) vs (4) Spain + Latin America :xy/camerupt-mega:
SV National Dex OU : Xurkiyee vs Tempo di anguria
SV National Dex OU : pdt vs omarsgarciav
SV National Dex OU : hellom vs Darkness 789
SV National Dex OU : hidin vs Fakee
SS National Dex OU : Kate vs Mrbanana45
SS National Dex OU : kDCA vs JeoZ
SV National Dex DOU : Iceberg77 vs Voltix
SV National Dex Monotype : crashy vs Tarre25

:sv/lopunny-mega: Asia + Oceania (4) vs (4) US Northeast :xy/skarmory:
SV National Dex OU : MagearnaTheBoss vs seth
SV National Dex OU : ezra vs Lameflame
SV National Dex OU : Mimikyu Stardust vs Kyo
SV National Dex OU : Oculars vs peap
SS National Dex OU : devin vs sensei axew
SS National Dex OU : Exotic64 vs Finchinator
SV National Dex DOU : Glimmer vs sir jelloton
SV National Dex Monotype : gorex vs Sabella

You have until May, Sunday 5th, 11:59 PM GMT-4 to play.
Have Fun !

Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisPBacon

easygoing egoist
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis the defending SM Circuit Champion
US South (4) vs (3) Spain + Latin America
SV National Dex OU : Xurkiyee vs Tempo di anguria
SV National Dex OU :
pdt vs omarsgarciav
SV National Dex OU : hellom vs Darkness 789
SV National Dex OU : hidin vs Fakee
SS National Dex OU :
Kate vs Mrbanana45
SS National Dex OU : kDCA vs JeoZ
SV National Dex DOU : zee vs Voltix
SV National Dex Monotype :
crashy vs Tarre25

All unbias, do not be offended.

Xurkiyee vs Tempo di anguria
The best SV match up of this set. Both players are generally solid, although atm tempo looks more comfortable ingame. Ive liked xurks team choices, he sticks to meta picks and doesnt deviate from whats good. Tempo has brought 4 different styles which is dope for a newer player, and atm I like his gameplay better.

pdt vs omarsgarciav
All of PDTS teams looks like he smashed 6 mons together and went into the game, although hes 5-0 so must be working. Omar is p fire and should be 4-1 but got unlucky a bit, otherwise solid games all around. I wouldnt be surprised if he wins, for now I have to go with the consistent pick.

hellom vs Darkness 789
Darkness and Oculars are in the same boat: using cheese every week unpunished by everyone, besides Oculars himself ironic enough. No disrespect of course, you can't go against consistency and he's been putting up the numbers regardless of what I think. Helloms generally solid and as long as his support doesn't fuck up prep he should be fine? Ill go for the upset

hidin vs Fakee
No crying? Im assuming they didnt want to play thats the only reason you sub them out. Hiden is undefeated and he has improved, however the sample size atm are 2 games that didnt matter. Fakee doesnt exactly have record breaking numbers either but his ingame play is better. This will be decided in the builder since I think South pulls up with a better 6 but playing wise giving it to Fakee.

Kate vs Mrbanana45
speaking of unpunished, look its my bestie. The fact the standard BO hasnt been taken advantage of yet is another head scratcher, but whatever. Mrbanana is my favorite new SS player, he brings cool teams just needs to work on piloting. Kate should win if she doesnt bring bullshit nothing more to say.

kDCA vs JeoZ
both are undefeated currently but I feel KDCA has had easier games where he kinda just cruised on match up/standard play nothing crazy. Jeoz has had some good players, being a little lucky in 1 game although good play all around. Kdca/boomer have a couple comfort picks that are exploitable and jeoz is the undefeated wild card.

zee vs Voltix
Not enough doubles experienceto comment but voltix has the better record atm.

crashy vs Tarre25

Don't got much to say about the madhouse, but crashy should win. He's been playing this for awhile and has more results currently. Wouldnt be surprised if the opponent took the game though.

Not sure what tiebreak looks like, although South should pick SV and LA/Spain should pick either doubles or SS.

Best of luck to all teams, ezra Unlock your profile so my player can schedule with you and go East as always.

chrollo.png

Last edited:

sealoo

PaulGod
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Asia + Oceania (3) vs US Northeast (5)

SV National Dex OU :
ChrisPBacon vs seth - seth….? Well he SUCKS. Easy win for chris low diff

SV National Dex OU : ezra vs Lameflame - Lameflame has had a super good tour, props to him for bouncing back. Rooting for my goat but Esra prob win

SV National Dex OU : Mimikyu Stardust vs Kyo - Kyo is on one, but this should be a very competitive game still. I like kyo team selection a lot

SV National Dex OU : Oculars vs peap - I think peap is just a step above the other opponents’ oc has played, credit to Oculars for a great tour so far but most the mus feel decided on preview. I think peap should take this

SS National Dex OU : devin vs sensei axew - im not gonna bold against NE ss, but if I did, this is the closest itll be. Should be a good one but I favor axew as theyve had a super good tour

SS National Dex OU : Batzi vs Finchinator - Finch is “locked in” per sources

SV National Dex DOU : Glimmer vs sir jelloton - Glimmer has looked super strong in their 2 games, while jello has been slipping towards the end

SV National Dex Monotype : gorex vs Sabella - nice to see Sabella in, incredibly good + support from Isza. Gorex had a really nice game vs a good foe in TTK while having support from my goat sunny, but I expect NE to take this bar a mono moment

Asia + Oceania vs US Northeast (4-4)
SV ND OU:
ChrisPBacon vs Seth
SV ND OU: Ezra vs Lameflame
SV ND OU: Mimikyu Stardust vs Kyo
SV ND OU: Oculars
vs peap
SS ND OU: devin vs Sensei Axew
SS ND OU:
Batzi vs Finchinator
SV ND DOU: Glimmer
vs Sir Jelloton
SV ND Mono: Gorex vs Sabella

ND DOU Predictions:

zeevsVoltixVoltix (5-0) and zee (3-1) has the best records for the tour. Seeing two titans face each other in the semi-finals is crazy. I personally want to see Voltix make a perfect (7-0). So much hype!
Glimmervssir jellotonsir jelloton just won the ND Doubles Ladder Tour, so it's kinda humorous that they are facing each other quite so soon. They are both great players and without a doubt, they will give us a great match! (Jello has been slipping? I think not.)

Week 5 Recap:
ND DOU community has helped me out with selecting the Best Team/Match of the Week.
  • Best Team of the Week: Congratulations to Iceberg77 . Iceberg77's iconic rain team finally makes entrance to ND WC. Rain reduces the damage of fire-type moves allowing Tsareena, a priority move blocker, and the more traditional pick, Mega Scizor, to perform more efficiently. Archaludon has proven itself to be the premier abuser of Rain for this generation. Dracovish is a less common pick, but its move, Fishious Rend, amplified by Rain, puts out crazy damage output.
  • Best Match of the Week: I was actually surprised by last week's poll, but the community seemed to like John1240 's match. John1240 used a Fullroom team, and Stakataka maintained dominance for the majority of the match. A defensive Tera Ghost is what gave Stakataka an upperhand. Congratulations, John1240!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)