Tournament UUPL XII - Semifinals [Tiebreaker @ Post 29]

Status
Not open for further replies.

spell

It’s a femininomenon
is a Community Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OMPL Champion
SV UU: hellom vs JustFranco - these last two weeks showed us that franco could bleed, with his semifinals showing in particular being pretty weak for his usual standards. im predicting monster to win over him because he has been pretty great in sv so far and if theres anyone who can upset franco (again) it’d be him since he is pretty good at pokemon. this is more of a vibes prediction more than anything else, i think by now monster has played enough of this tier to beat about anyone with the right team + i think overall he is a stronger player than franco is at pure pokemoning so im interested to see how this one goes. the classic strong tour player vs strong mainer matchup
ORAS UU: Pak vs pdt - when you think of oras, you think of pak and his results and influence over this generation go far beyond anyone elses that ive seen on this site besides like troller in rby. people have been doing their own thing more and more lately but he has nevertheless continued to remain the consensus best guy. pdt has been in a slump this tour and although he is pretty good i don’t know if he’ll be able to take down cade p
BW UU: Xrn vs Amukamara - another close one i feel? but this one feels a lot more favoured than monster//franco for the strikers and it makes sense that they chose bw with the knowledge that pdt actually put himself in. liam has been one of the best bw’rs for awhile now and i feel like almost every game i watch of him he’s putting on a clinic of some kind but that’s especially true in his main stomping ground. i think xrns obv very good too and he has more Clutch factor to me + can win in random tiers all the time (pretty sure he never played adv uu before snake…) so this too will be a fun one, pretty competitive tiebreak overall and i can really see any of these 6 players winning so that’s always a treat

DivineMadness

formerly Divine10
Iki Town Idols (3) vs (0) Sinjoh Ruin Strikers
SV UU: hellom vs JustFranco
ORAS UU: Pak vs pdt
BW UU: Xrn vs Amukamara

Nikebeamz prep is to much too handle. Good luck to both teams.

Last edited:

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
GIVE ME MY FINALS OPP IM BOREDDDD

Iki Town Idols (2) vs (1) Sinnoh Ruin Strikers

SV UU: hellom vs JustFranco - can't really bold the strikers in sv after they just got 3-0'd there. combined with some pretty exploitable tendencies, i think idols will prevail in this slot

ORAS UU: Pak vs pdt - oras uu is probably one of the least clicker-friendly tiers, with very methodical and forced sequences. i dont think pdt shines in this environment and combined with his poor showing vs ip on sunday, especially for a semifinals game, my faith here is pretty low

BW UU: Xrn vs Amukamara - xrn will put up a good fight with lily's support but bw uu in general is probably the hardest of the preview gen uu's to pick up, with a lot more variance in styles/mons/6's that i think liam will be able to exploit here, though it'll certainly be a good game regardless

i think overall i would've preferred a gsc pick from strikers with liam in oras against pak, gl to both sides !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)