Smogon Simple Questions & Suggestions Thread

is there a way to replicate a battle exactly in the event that I unexpectedly have to leave? I feel like I heard something about that for tournaments but I can't find it anywhere, may just be the mandela effect.

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
is there a way to replicate a battle exactly in the event that I unexpectedly have to leave? I feel like I heard something about that for tournaments but I can't find it anywhere, may just be the mandela effect.
There are methods but they require concent from all parties in the match and a leader (&) to do. It's not exactly something you can do on your own.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
I'm not sure what Smogon needs the most right now, but my suggestion is that you take a look at the Contributions and Corrections forums, and maybe get into writing analyses.
woodgoldtwo i would also recommend heavily that you only write analyses for metagames that you are fairly experienced w/ because that just leads to a better end product

guigaxs2000

Don't forget... I'm with you in the dark
is a Pre-Contributor
If I have a suggestion of implementation to the smogon dex, where is the right place to suggest it? Should I talk directly to a staff member or is there a place to suggest it?

guigaxs2000

Don't forget... I'm with you in the dark
is a Pre-Contributor
If I have a suggestion of implementation to the smogon dex, where is the right place to suggest it? Should I talk directly to a staff member or is there a place to suggest it?
Since not a single living soul is answering my question, I'll leave my suggestion here hoping that someone sees it...

Here we go:

Here in the forums, I help the Portuguese translations team in translating Spotlights and Analyses. Specifically, when it comes to the analyses, one thing that's a bit of a hustle for me (and maybe for other translators and analyses readers who aren't fluent in English) is searching out in the dex which analyses for each tier are translated to another language or not. When you go in the dex page to search for the analyses for a specific tier, it only shows all the analyses written in English. That's fine, as all the analyses are primarily written in English and then translated, but it would be much better if we had a filter for languages when searching for them. I'm not an amazing programmer, but I think this should be easy to implement and would greatly assist not only the translators, who can easily search for the analyses that aren't translated and translate them into their target language, but also the readers that aren't fluent in English, as they can easily find the analyses translated into their language.

I hope this post reaches someone eager to implement this function because it would undoubtedly enhance the accessibility and inclusion for all non-English speaking users.

That's all. Thanks
:tyke:

Since not a single living soul is answering my question, I'll leave my suggestion here hoping that someone sees it...

Here we go:

Here in the forums, I help the Portuguese translations team in translating Spotlights and Analyses. Specifically, when it comes to the analyses, one thing that's a bit of a hustle for me (and maybe for other translators and analyses readers who aren't fluent in English) is searching out in the dex which analyses for each tier are translated to another language or not. When you go in the dex page to search for the analyses for a specific tier, it only shows all the analyses written in English. That's fine, as all the analyses are primarily written in English and then translated, but it would be much better if we had a filter for languages when searching for them. I'm not an amazing programmer, but I think this should be easy to implement and would greatly assist not only the translators, who can easily search for the analyses that aren't translated and translate them into their target language, but also the readers that aren't fluent in English, as they can easily find the analyses translated into their language.

I hope this post reaches someone eager to implement this function because it would undoubtedly enhance the accessibility and inclusion for all non-English speaking users.

That's all. Thanks
:tyke:
I’d love to do this…don’t know how. I’ve been reading the JavaScript and TypeScript manuals recently, so I might try to take a look at the code for other filters to see what it would require.
No promises this or next week though, I’m very busy during this time period.

edit: oops I spaced and am only now realising this isn’t part of Showdown. As I’m not a site dev, I don’t think I can help :(

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)