Pet Mod Hidden Gems - Slate 7: Playtesting (Roomtour Sunday)

:sm/quaquaval:
Pokémon: Quaquaval
Gem: Ice
Type After Activation: Ice/Water
Ability: Technician
Stat Boosts: +1 SpD
New Moves: Ice Shard
Removed Moves: None
Competitive Overview: Technician Triple Axel combined with boosted Ice Shard, Aqua Jet, & Rapid Spin. Also has SD and Aqua Step. Can grab a KO and get +1 Att with Moxie before transforming or the turn you use Triple Axel or Ice Shard.

Last edited:
:sv/mudsdale:
Pokémon: Mudsdale
Gem:
1710621106890.png
Electric
Type After Activation:
Ground
Ground

Ability: Charge Up - Heals 1/8 maximum hp upon successfully landing an attack (aka Joltemons shell bell as an ability)
Stat Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 SpD
New Moves: Supercell Slam, Wild Charge
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: Mudsdale gets sick of all the flying types running around and hits them with some Electric STAB. Stat buffs aim towards making Mudsdale an offensive tank, whose extra Defense buffs via Stamina or perhaps even Curse can further augment said bulk. Given normal Mudsdale struggles with a lack of recovery (and thus normally runs leftovers), the new ability aims to remedy such issues and provide extra incentive to play offensively.

:sv/noivern:
Pokémon: Noivern
Gem:
1710785268412.png
Flying
Type After Activation:
Ground
Ground

Ability: No Guard
Stat Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 SpA, +1 Spe
New Moves: Inferno
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: I love No Guard. Post-Transformation you get No Guard Hurricane + Inferno to play around with. Paired with high speed, Noivern becomes really nice for burn spreading. Main weakness here is that it doesn’t really want to click Dragon STABs after using its gem. Draco Meteor drains from the gem’s stat buffs, and Dragon Pulse isn’t really all that viable of an alternative. I mean if you really want to, No Guard Dragon Rush exists, except the attack buff was kinda thrown in for flavor, Noivern still only has a base 70 Attack Stat.

:sv/crabominable:
Pokémon: Crabominable
Gem:
1710787108980.png
Ice
Type After Activation:
Ground
Ground

Ability: Inversion - Summons Trick Room on Switch-In
Stat Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 SpD, +1 Acc
New Moves: Gyro Ball
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: Ice Hammer for the -1 speed, then summons trick room. Fun combo, except that does require that Crab actually lives a round first. While Inversion is a really strong ability, the mechanics of gem transformations kinda balances it out, since Crab can really only activate the ability once.

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Quickly popping into the middle of this submission phase to report the results of our first roomtour!

Tour 1 - Double Round Robin - 4 Entrants
1st
: Tanny89k
2nd: Yoshiblaze
3rd: chemicalmines
4th: Seito Chinchou
PokemonUsesUsage%Win%
Iron Valiant945%55.56%
Landorus-Therian945%33.33%
Zapdos840%37.50%
Kingambit525%80%
Keldeo525%60%
Chandelure525%20%
Ambipom525%20%
Slowking-Galar420%75%
Iron Leaves420%50%
Hawlucha420%25%
Torkoal420%0%
Walking Wake420%0%
Pelipper315%66.67%
Iron Treads315%66.67%
Barraskewda315%66.67%
Terapagos-Terastal315%66.67%
Raging Bolt315%33.33%
Weavile315%33.33%
Rillaboom210%100%
Heatran210%100%
Skarmory210%100%
Primarina210%100%
Keldeo-Resolute210%50%
Gliscor210%50%
Clefable210%50%
Corviknight210%50%
Kyurem210%50%
Volcarona210%50%
Gholdengo210%0%
Cinderace15%100%
Hydrapple15%100%
Ting-Lu15%100%
Hoopa-Unbound15%100%
Ursaluna15%100%
Hatterene15%100%
Zamazenta-*15%100%
Deoxys-Defense15%100%
Dragapult15%100%
Magnezone15%100%
Galvantula15%0%
Iron Moth15%0%
Glimmora15%0%
Grimmsnarl15%0%

Replays can be found in the Hidden Gems Discord

Some Quick Takeaways:
- First things first, let's talk about the point of the mod, the Hidden Gems users. Overall, they didn't seem to go too crazy. They do exert a lot of mental pressure seeing them in team preview, but pretty much everyone in the tournament was able to play around them with good positioning and/or some luck. One thing I was surprised about was people being very willing to switch out their Hidden Gem mon after activating, which paid dividends sometimes and didn't go so well in other times. Quickly going over how each Hidden Gem mon did:
-- Chandelure - Arguably had the best performance despite the 20% winrate, Calm Mind with Recover and a Defense boost from the Gem is quite hard to take down quickly, making it very likely that it'll get a kill or 2 before finally going down. If played right, it seems to have the biggest game-ending potential of the Hidden Gems right now
-- Keldeo - Keldeo did pretty alright, sporting a good 8 uses (the stats above count base and Resolute separately btw) and an alright 50% winrate. It can be hard to break through sometimes with the likes of Glowking and Hidden Gem Iron Leaves around, meanwhile it gets easily revenge killed by current tier king Iron Valiant, but in the right situation it also has game-ending potential while being a decent mon by itself
-- Ambipom - Didn't do quite as well as I expected, it did run into some really bad matchups like Skarmory and Ghost-types stopping the Gem from activating, leading to it not doing much despite being an anti-Offense mon in a more offensive metagame
-- Iron Leaves - Didn't do too much by itself, but its Electric Surge was able to enable Hawlucha into putting in a lot of great work, so Iron Leaves certainly has value
-- Galvantula - Don't let the use it had fool you, the Galvantula I used was a Sash lead set lol. I did paralyze a Weavile with Static Shield, though
-- Unused Hidden Gems - Galvantula and Goodra - Goodra I think has some potential as a sorta mid-to-late game barrier, taking forever to take down while it dishes out damage, but I get why it wasn't really used since it's a more defensive gem and it's a lot easier to build around offensive ones, even when you're not using a super offensive team
- In other news, the other big new thing in this metagame in Terapagos actually had a great showing, with it stopping me from getting swept by a Chandelure once and more impressively doing amazing things with a defensive set used by Tanny89k. I didn't even know that Terapagos learned Toxic before Tanny pulled it out, but it worked absolute wonders for them
- I believe the only non-Hidden Gem use of a gem was me using a Stellar Gem Hawlucha to almost get a sweep. Definitely interested in exploring non-Hidden Gem uses for gems in the future, but obviously it'll be a lot less common that Hidden Gem users
- Zap Cannon Zapdos. I will not elaborate

And that's all for now! See you in a couple days for the Veto Phase!

:sv/gengar::ice gem:
Pokémon: Gengar
Gem: Ice Gem
Type After Activation:

Ability: Levitate
Stat Boosts: +1 Def, +1 SpD
Movepool Changes:
:plusle:Chilly Reception, Freeze Dry, Infernal Parade
:minun:N/A
Competitive Overview: Sits on common grounds like Great Tusk, Gliscor, and Ting-Lu. Fairly hard to switch into on account of respectable power and status spreading capabilities.

:sv/zapdos::flying gem:
Pokémon: Zapdos
Gem: Flying Gem
Type After Activation:

Ability: Magic Guard
Stat Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 SpD
Movepool Changes:
:plusle:Dazzling Gleam, Play Rough, Spirit Break, Work Up
Competitive Overview: Returns to its RBY roots as a mixed attacker. Work Up lets it more effectively pressure Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Heatran. Fairy coverage is a niche option for improving the matchup against Ting-Lu and Raging Bolt.

Last edited:

Yoshiblaze

ye
:sm/mandibuzz:
Pokémon: Mandibuzz
Type After Activation:

Stat Boosts: +2 Atk, +1 Def
New Moves: Gunk Shot, Assurance, Body Press
Removed Moves: N/A
Competitive Overview: Niche option to flip Mandibuzz's role on its head, now being able to actually abuse Weak Armor to get a potential surprise late game sweep with its good STABs and coverage in either Gunk Shot or Bone Rush. Body Press make non-Gem sets a much better answer to Kingambit and even lets it run IronPress sets like a Dark-type Skarmory.
Mandibuzz (F) @ Flying Gem
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Bone Rush / Gunk Shot
- Roost

:sm/morpeko:
Pokémon: Morpeko
Gem: Electric Gem
Type After Activation:

Ability: Hunger Switch
New Moves: Ice Spinner, Sucker Punch, Low Kick
Competitive Overview: ngl I ran out of ideas, but getting +1 from Aura Wheel into Gem activating into getting more and more boosts plus the fun option of Power Trip could actually make Morpeko a potent cleaner with some help. Plus, it gets to use its best STAB move without being forced to use up the gem when on Dark-type Aura Wheel turns.
Morpeko @ Electric Gem
Tera Type: Electric
Jolly Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off / Power Trip
- Protect

:sm/kyurem-black:
Pokémon: Kyurem-Black
Type After Activation:

Ability: Transistor
Stat Boosts: +1 Spe
New Moves: N/A
Removed Moves: Dragon Dance, Ice Fang, Icicle Spear, Scale Shot
Competitive Overview:

Kyurem-Black is one of the few Ubers that can totally be balanced just by removing a few moves. The removal of its set up moves and usable physical Ice STAB returns KyuB to its Gen 6/7 form as a terrifying midspeed wallbreaker handicapped by being forced to run special Ice moves or no Ice moves at all. KyuB's best set likely wouldn't be its Hidden Gem (more than likely it'd be like Boots 4 Attacks or something), but the gem is a great option as its only way to boost its Speed, making it a potential cleaner that doesn't have to deal with not being able to switch moves like a Scarf set would, with the added benefit of making Fusion Bolt a sort of pseudo-STAB with Transistor.
Kyurem-Black @ Ice Gem
Ability: Teravolt
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Earth Power

Non-Gem Sets, since it's an Uber unban:
Kyurem-Black @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw / Avalanche
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Yoshiblaze

ye
Another Veto / Review Phase is here!

As stated in the OP, the Veto / Review Phase is where I'll give quick feedback on everything submitted so far, including warnings on which subs may be disqualified from voting (vetoed) and how to prevent that. Submissions can still be freely added and edited during the Veto Phase, but new submissions may be vetoed without warning once voting starts tomorrow. Aside from veto warnings, all of these reviews are just my opinions on your subs, so feel free to not take my advice.
:sm/dodrio:
Pokémon: Dodrio
Type After Activation: Normal/Flying
Ability: Rock Head
Stat Boosts: +1 Def, +1 Sp. Def
New Moves: None
Competitive Overview: No Damage Brave Birds and Double Edges.

:sm/dedenne:
Pokémon: Dedenne
Type After Activation: Electric/Fairy
Ability: Triage
Stat Boosts: +1 Def, +1 Sp Atk, +1 Sp. Def
New Moves: Calm Mind
Competitive Overview: Priority Draining Kiss/Parabolic Charge.

:sm/Iron-Thorns:
Pokémon: Iron Thorns
Type After Activation: Rock/Ice
Ability: Skill Link
Stat Boosts: +1 Sp. Def, +1 Speed
New Moves: Icicle Spear
Removed Moves: Dragon Dance
Competitive Overview: An attempt to emulate the Loaded Dice Iron Thorns set in a way.
:dodrio:Seems a bit meh as is, Rock Head is amazing for it but it's still pretty frail even boosted and isn't really naturally strong or fast enough to be all that effective at first glance. Maybe add an Attack boost, which I'd prefer over Speed since Swords Dance might make a Speed boost broken and SD is one Dodrio's most unique qualities
:dedenne:Comfey but a rat, should be a fine wincon
:iron thorns:Pretty powerful would be a pretty good wincon with SD

:sm/mamoswine:
Pokémon: Mamoswine
Gem: :ice-gem: Ice
Type After Activation:
Ice
Ground

Stat Boosts: +1 Attack, +1 Def, +1 Speed
Competitive Overview: similar mamoswine to before, but you trade the ability to run an item for speed and technician. technician in particular makes ice shard much stronger and bulldoze, rock tomb, and even avalanche viable attacking options.

:mamoswine::ice-gem:
Mamoswine @ Ice Gem
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash / Avalanche
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake / Bulldoze
- Rock Tomb / Knock Off
:mamoswine:This would get vetoed, as Mamoswine's natural power and amazing offensive typing makes giving it both a Speed and Attack boost at the same time along with Technician for Icicle Spear a very dangerous prospect. I recommend removing either the Attack or Speed boost
View attachment 615528
Pokemon: Electivire
Gem: :flying gem: Flying Gem
Type After Activation: Electric/Flying
Ability: Delta Stream
Stat Boosts: +1 Attack, +1 Defense, +1 Speed
New Moves: Acrobatics
Competitive Overview: Delta Stream gives Electivire no weaknesses, which allows it to survive a few attacks. It also just becomes a really strong attacker with acrobatics, supercell slam, and earthquake.

View attachment 615536
Pokemon: Volbeat
Gem: :electric gem: Electric Gem
Type After Activation: Bug/Electric
Ability: Speed Boost
Stat Boosts: +3 Sp Attack
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Energy Ball
Competitive Overview: He's a lightning bug so I think he deserve to finally be an electric type. With tail glow, thunderbolt, energy ball, and bug buzz, Volbeat can become a terrifying sweeper (even with it's 47 base Sp Attack).

View attachment 615630
Pokemon: Abomasnow
Gem: :ice gem: Ice Gem
Type After Activation: Ice/Grass
Ability: Snowstorm - This pokemon does 50% more damage in snow
Stat Boosts: +1 Attack, +1 Sp Attack, +1 Speed
Competitive Overview: This is a mixed attacker that can be extremely strong in the snow it sets up. It also already has a decently wide movepool with options such as blizzard, leaf storm, energy ball, wood hammer, etc.
:electivire:I was very on the fence with this one since it's Electivire, but I think the combination of Delta Stream, the stat boosts, and Electivire good enough stats and movepool would get this vetoed, as this thing would be simulateously hard to take on defensively while having the bulk to muscle past revenge kill attempts. I recommend removing the Attack or Speed boost, forcing Electivire to run a set up move in Bulk Up or Trailblaze to be as effective
:volbeat:This would get vetoed as you can only boost one stat by +2 at most, so you have to move one of the Special Attack boosts elsewhere
:abomasnow:Super strong on paper but Abomasnow's middling stats balance this out nicely, should be a decent breaker

:sm/decidueye-hisui:
Pokémon: Decidueye-Hisui
Gem: :flying-gem: Flying Gem
Type After Activation: Fighting / Flying
Ability: Grand Strategy (Whenever this Pokemon uses a move, if it moved last this turn (or whatever the analytic condition is), it gets +1 Spe.)
New Moves:
Competitive Overview: strange mon. gets buffs to Atk and defenses so it can survive moving last and get the Grand Strategy buff. With enough buffs from its ability and gem, it can be seriously threatening to a team, but takes some time to get going. i am not giving it acrobatics

:sm/politoed:
Pokémon: Politoed
Gem: :electric-gem: Electric Gem
Type After Activation: Water / Electric
Ability: Electric Surge
Stat Boosts: +1 SpA, +1 SpD, +1 Spe
New Moves: Parabolic Charge, Thunderbolt
Competitive Overview: much less weird mon. drop a drizzle and then swap to electric mode for a thunderstorm. very powerful, with double boosted STABs when both rain and terrain are up, but comes at the downside of not being able to run a damp rock for maximum raininess.
:decidueye-hisui:This would unfortunately get vetoed as the Hidden Gem must retain the holder's primary typing, so this would have to be Grass/Flying (which might be for the better as this looks quite powerful)
:politoed:Not a huge fan of adding another Electric Surge Hidden Gem but this is overall fine

:sm/roaring-moon:
Pokémon: Roaring Moon
Gem: Flying
Type After Activation: Flying/Dark
Ability: Strong Jaw
Stat Boosts: +1 Def
New Moves: Psychic Fangs
Removed Moves: Crunch
Competitive Overview: Acrobatics Flying Gem combined with Strong Jaw boosted Jaw Lock, Fire Fang, and Psychic Fangs.

:sm/tyranitar:
Pokémon: Tyranitar
Gem: Electric
Type After Activation: Electric/Dark
Stat Boosts: +1 Att, SpA
New Moves: Wild Charge
Competitive Overview: Has potential to go mixed, uses recoiless Wild Charge, immune to its own sandstorm chip, combines with blasting any pesky water types that might cause it problems. Can also just be ran as a Sand setter and boost into a potent killer with strong Wild Charges.

Stat Boosts: +1 SpD, Spe
Competitive Overview: Technician Triple Axel combined with boosted Ice Shard, Aqua Jet, & Rapid Spin. Also has SD and Aqua Step. Can grab a KO and get +1 Att with Moxie before transforming or the turn you use Triple Axel or Ice Shard.
:roaring moon:This would unfortunately get vetoed as the Hidden Gem must retain the holder's primary typing, so this would have to be Dragon/Flying. That said, I don't know how I feel about giving a mon as powerful as Roaring Moon the option to become a Flying-type again
:tyranitar:This would also unfortunately get vetoed for the same reason as Roaring Moon, so it would have to be Rock/Electric
:quaquaval:Cautiously not vetoing this but this should be a very strong cleaner with Qua being able to stack a bunch of boosts so quickly. Would be more comfortable if it didn't have the Speed boost (since it can just boost with Aqua Step anyway) but I'm not sure if it's necessary to remove

Gem: View attachment 615805 Electric
Type After Activation:
Ground
Ground

Ability: Charge Up - Heals 1/8 maximum hp upon successfully landing an attack (aka Joltemons shell bell as an ability)
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: Mudsdale gets sick of all the flying types running around and hits them with some Electric STAB. Stat buffs aim towards making Mudsdale an offensive tank, whose extra Defense buffs via Stamina or perhaps even Curse can further augment said bulk. Given normal Mudsdale struggles with a lack of recovery (and thus normally runs leftovers), the new ability aims to remedy such issues and provide extra incentive to play offensively.

Gem: View attachment 616721 Flying
Type After Activation:
Ground
Ground

Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: I love No Guard. Post-Transformation you get No Guard Hurricane + Inferno to play around with. Paired with high speed, Noivern becomes really nice for burn spreading. Main weakness here is that it doesn’t really want to click Dragon STABs after using its gem. Draco Meteor drains from the gem’s stat buffs, and Dragon Pulse isn’t really all that viable of an alternative. I mean if you really want to, No Guard Dragon Rush exists, except the attack buff was kinda thrown in for flavor, Noivern still only has a base 70 Attack Stat.

Gem:View attachment 616728 Ice
Type After Activation:
Ground
Ground

Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: Ice Hammer for the -1 speed, then summons trick room. Fun combo, except that does require that Crab actually lives a round first. While Inversion is a really strong ability, the mechanics of gem transformations kinda balances it out, since Crab can really only activate the ability once.
:mudsdale:Seems like a decent tank with its unique offensive profile, not much else to say
:noivern:Inferno seems more annoying than anything, but No Guard Noivern in general should be fun, as was a similar Noivern sub from Slate 1
:crabominable:Sounds super strong, probably not broken as it's far from impossible to stall out Trick Room turns but this would be one of the best wincons in the tier I think

Type After Activation:

Movepool Changes:
:minun:Nasty Plot
Competitive Overview: Sits on common grounds like Great Tusk, Gliscor, and Ting-Lu. Fairly hard to switch into on account of respectable power and status spreading capabilities.

Type After Activation:

Movepool Changes:
Competitive Overview: Returns to its RBY roots as a mixed attacker. Work Up lets it more effectively pressure Landorus-T, Gliscor, and Heatran. Fairy coverage is a niche option for improving the matchup against Ting-Lu and Raging Bolt.
:gengar:Pretty neat, especially with Chilly Reception giving Gengar a very unique new option. I cautiously think that Nasty Plot would be fine on this, since it's Speed isn't boosted and its STABs are weak, plus Gengar is still pretty frail and gets a worse defensive typing
:zapdos:Like this one a lot, very interesting buff to an OU staple that won't push it over the edge

Type After Activation:

Competitive Overview: Niche option to flip Mandibuzz's role on its head, now being able to actually abuse Weak Armor to get a potential surprise late game sweep with its good STABs and coverage in either Gunk Shot or Bone Rush. Body Press make non-Gem sets a much better answer to Kingambit and even lets it run IronPress sets like a Dark-type Skarmory.
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Bone Rush / Gunk Shot
- Roost

Type After Activation:

Competitive Overview: ngl I ran out of ideas, but getting +1 from Aura Wheel into Gem activating into getting more and more boosts plus the fun option of Power Trip could actually make Morpeko a potent cleaner with some help. Plus, it gets to use its best STAB move without being forced to use up the gem when on Dark-type Aura Wheel turns.
Morpeko @ Electric Gem
Jolly Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off / Power Trip
- Protect

Type After Activation:

Competitive Overview:

Kyurem-Black is one of the few Ubers that can totally be balanced just by removing a few moves. The removal of its set up moves and usable physical Ice STAB returns KyuB to its Gen 6/7 form as a terrifying midspeed wallbreaker handicapped by being forced to run special Ice moves or no Ice moves at all. KyuB's best set likely wouldn't be its Hidden Gem (more than likely it'd be like Boots 4 Attacks or something), but the gem is a great option as its only way to boost its Speed, making it a potential cleaner that doesn't have to deal with not being able to switch moves like a Scarf set would, with the added benefit of making Fusion Bolt a sort of pseudo-STAB with Transistor.
Kyurem-Black @ Ice Gem
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Earth Power

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head
lol morpeko and mandibuzz have the same boosts

And that's all! See you for voting tomorrow!

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
:sm/jumpluff:
Pokémon: Jumpluff
Type After Activation:

Ability: Simple
Stat Boosts: +2 Atk, +1 Spe
Competitive Overview: A completely ass mon made into a terrifying late game sweeper, outspeeding literally the entire unboosted meta including scarf Dragapult, and bringing an outstanding 687 Attack along with it. It's held back by a few very large flaws however. It's only real attacking types are Grass and Flying, both of which are resisted by steel (U-Turn isn't a particularly great option due to losing the boosts when switching out) and the fact that it's literally a fucking Jumpluff otherwise.

:sm/porygon-z:
Pokémon: Porygon-Z
Type After Activation:

New Moves: Volt Switch
Competitive Overview: Porygon goes mental and turns into an electric type or something idk. Gains STAB on Thunderbolt without needing a turn to Conversion 2 and gets to keep a very nice Ghost immunity. Transistor gives it an even bigger boost, and Volt Switch allows it to pivot around using it's massive SpA stat. It can also get a SpA boost thanks to Download making it hit even harder than it already does.

Yoshiblaze

ye
Voting time for a 3rd time!

Voting rules can be found below and in the OP:
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Megas Revisited, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with the Normal Gem, Fighting Gem, and Bug Gem, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Normal: Pokemon 1, Pokemon 2, Pokemon 3
Fighting: Pokemon 4, Pokemon 5, Pokemon 6
Bug: Pokemon 7, Pokemon 8, Pokemon 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for the Normal Gem would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Fighting category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Bug category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
Bug: Pokemon 7, Pokemon 8, Pokemon 9, Pokemon 10, Pokemon 11
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Bug category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Normal: Pokemon 12 (SV), Pokemon 2, Pokemon 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Normal category

Normal: Pokemon 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Normal category

Normal: Pokemon 2, Pokemon 12 (SV)
Fighting: Pokemon 4, Pokemon 12 (SV), Pokemon 6
Bug: Pokemon 7, Pokemon 8, Pokemon 12 (SV), Pokemon 10, Pokemon 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Normal: Pokemon 1 (1 point)
Fighting: Pokemon 4 (2 points), Pokemon 5 (1 point)
Bug: Pokemon 7 (3 points), Pokemon 8 (2 points), Pokemon 9 (1 point), Pokemon 10 (1 point), Pokemon 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod.
If multiple people the same Pokemon in the same category, please specify which submission you're voting for.
If the same Pokemon is submitted in multiple categories and ends up in first place in both, it will only win in the category where it received more points.
All submissions except for the following are eligible for voting:
None!

Voting will end in 24 hours. Good luck!
If your sub isn't here and wasn't vetoed then please let me know!
:sm/dodrio:
Pokémon: Dodrio
Type After Activation: Normal/Flying
Stat Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 Def, +1 Sp. Def
Competitive Overview: No Damage Brave Birds and Double Edges.
1710588013507.png

Stat Boosts: +1 Defense, +1 Speed
Competitive Overview: Delta Stream gives Electivire no weaknesses, which allows it to survive a few attacks. It also just becomes a really strong attacker with acrobatics, supercell slam, and earthquake.
:sm/decidueye-hisui:
Pokémon: Decidueye-Hisui
Gem: :flying-gem: Flying Gem
Type After Activation: Grass / Flying
Ability: Grand Strategy (Whenever this Pokemon uses a move, if it moved last this turn (or whatever the analytic condition is), it gets +1 Spe.)
New Moves:
Competitive Overview: strange mon. gets buffs to Atk and defenses so it can survive moving last and get the Grand Strategy buff. With enough buffs from its ability and gem, it can be seriously threatening to a team, but takes some time to get going. i am not giving it acrobatics
Gem:
1710785268412.png
Flying
Type After Activation:
Ground
Ground

Removed Moves:
Type After Activation:

Movepool Changes:
Type After Activation:

Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
- Bone Rush / Gunk Shot
- Roost
:sm/jumpluff:
Pokémon: Jumpluff
Type After Activation:

Ability: Simple
Stat Boosts: +2 Atk, +1 Spe
Competitive Overview: A completely ass mon made into a terrifying late game sweeper, outspeeding literally the entire unboosted meta including scarf Dragapult, and bringing an outstanding 687 Attack along with it. It's held back by a few very large flaws however. It's only real attacking types are Grass and Flying, both of which are resisted by steel (U-Turn isn't a particularly great option due to losing the boosts when switching out) and the fact that it's literally a fucking Jumpluff otherwise.
1710589307896.png

Pokemon: Volbeat
Gem: :electric gem: Electric Gem
Type After Activation: Bug/Electric
Ability: Speed Boost
Stat Boosts: +2 Sp Attack, +1 Defense
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Energy Ball
Competitive Overview: He's a lightning bug so I think he deserve to finally be an electric type. With tail glow, thunderbolt, energy ball, and bug buzz, Volbeat can become a terrifying sweeper (even with its 47 base Sp Attack).
:sm/politoed:
Pokémon: Politoed
Gem: :electric-gem: Electric Gem
Type After Activation: Water / Electric
Ability: Electric Surge
New Moves: Parabolic Charge, Thunderbolt
Competitive Overview: much less weird mon. drop a drizzle and then swap to electric mode for a thunderstorm. very powerful, with double boosted STABs when both rain and terrain are up, but comes at the downside of not being able to run a damp rock for maximum raininess.
Gem:
1710621106890.png
Electric
Type After Activation:
Ground
Ground

Removed Moves:
Type After Activation:

Morpeko @ Electric Gem
Jolly Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Ice Spinner
- Knock Off / Power Trip
- Protect
:sm/porygon-z:
Pokémon: Porygon-Z
Type After Activation:

New Moves: Volt Switch
Competitive Overview: Porygon goes mental and turns into an electric type or something idk. Gains STAB on Thunderbolt without needing a turn to Conversion 2 and gets to keep a very nice Ghost immunity. Transistor gives it an even bigger boost, and Volt Switch allows it to pivot around using it's massive SpA stat. It can also get a SpA boost thanks to Download making it hit even harder than it already does.
:sm/Iron-Thorns:
Pokémon: Iron Thorns
Type After Activation: Rock/Ice
Stat Boosts: +1 Sp. Def, +1 Speed
New Moves: Icicle Spear
Removed Moves: Dragon Dance
Competitive Overview: An attempt to emulate the Loaded Dice Iron Thorns set in a way.
:sm/mamoswine:
Gem: :ice-gem: Ice
Type After Activation:
Ice
Ground

Stat Boosts: +1 Def, +1 Speed
Competitive Overview: similar mamoswine to before, but you trade the ability to run an item for speed and technician. technician in particular makes ice shard much stronger and bulldoze, rock tomb, and even avalanche viable attacking options.

:mamoswine::ice-gem:
Mamoswine @ Ice Gem
Ability: Thick Fat
Tera Type: Ice
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash / Avalanche
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake / Bulldoze
- Rock Tomb / Knock Off
1710589862554.png

Pokemon: Abomasnow
Gem: :ice gem: Ice Gem
Type After Activation: Ice/Grass
Ability: Snowstorm - This pokemon does 50% more damage in snow
Stat Boosts: +1 Attack, +1 Sp Attack, +1 Speed
Competitive Overview: This is a mixed attacker that can be extremely strong in the snow it sets up. It also already has a decently wide movepool with options such as blizzard, leaf storm, energy ball, wood hammer, etc.
Gem:
1710787108980.png
Ice
Type After Activation:
Ground
Ground

Removed Moves:
Type After Activation:

Movepool Changes:
Type After Activation:

Competitive Overview:

Kyurem-Black @ Ice Gem
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Outrage
- Earth Power

Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power

Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Iron Head

Yoshiblaze

ye
Popping in real quick to announce that voting will be extended by ~12 hours due to some other commitments I have!
Keep the votes coming!

Yoshiblaze

ye
:flying gem:Flying: Electivire, Noivern, Jumpluff
:electric gem:Electric: Porygon-Z, Morpeko (SV), Politoed
:ice gem:Ice: Gengar, Kyurem-B (SV), Mamoswine

Yoshiblaze

ye
Slate 3 Winners!
Flying
Electivire - 2 + 3 + 1 + 3 = 9

Noivern - 1 + 2 + 2 + 1 + 2 = 8
Jumpluff - 2 + 1 + 3 + 1 = 7
Zapdos - 3 + 2 = 5
Decidueye-Hisui - 1 + 3 = 4
Mandibuzz - 3 = 3

Electric
Dedenne - 3 + 3 + 2 + 3 = 11

Politoed - 3 + 3 + 1 = 7
Mudsdale - 2 + 2 + 2 = 6
Porygon-Z - 1 + 1 + 1 + 3 = 6
Morpeko - 2 + 2 = 4
Volbeat - 1 + 1 = 2

Ice
Crabominable - 3 + 1 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 12

Mamoswine - 2 + 2 + 3 + 1 = 8
Gengar - 3 + 1 + 3 = 7
Kyurem-B - 2 + 2 = 4
Abomasnow - 1 + 2 = 3
Quaquaval - 1 = 1
Iron Thorns - 1 = 1

WINNERS
Flying Gem
- Electivire by ULTRAV01D

1710588013507.png

Stat Boosts: +1 Defense, +1 Speed
Electric Gem - Dedenne by flareth13
Ice Gem - Crabominable by Rasdanation
Gem:
1710787108980.png
Ice
Type After Activation:
Ground
Ground

Removed Moves:
With that, we'll begin a quick, less than 24-hour discussion phase before the start of Slate 4!

See you soon!

Yoshiblaze

ye
On to Slate 4!

- Slate 4: Ground, Rock, Poison -
:ground gem::rock gem::poison gem:
Our next 3 types feature the excellent offensive typings of Ground and Rock, as well as the pretty decent Poison!​

Refer to the template in the OP for how to submit Hidden Gems users:
Blank Template:
:sm/pokemon:
Pokémon:
Gem:
Type After Activation:
Ability:
Stat Boosts:
New Moves:
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview:

With Explanations:
:sm/pokemon:
Pokémon: The Pokemon you're making the Hidden Gem form for
Gem: Whichever of the 18 pre-existing gems used to activate the Pokemon's Hidden Gem form. Has to be one of the 3 Types slated
Type After Activation: The Pokemon's type after the Hidden Gem activates. The form must retain the user's primary type and they must have the type of their Gem
Ability: The Pokemon's ability after the Hidden Gem activates
Stat Boosts: The stats that get increased after the Hidden Gem activates. The stat boosts can add up to +3 total, with a maximum of +2 in one stat. Stats can't be given a negative boost and you don't have to use all 3 boosts. Be very careful about boosting Speed.
New Moves: New moves the Pokemon learns. Keep in mind that in order to activate a Gem, the Pokemon needs an offensive move of the Gem's type
Removed Moves: Moves removed from the Pokemon's movepool for balancing purposes. Note that removing moves will also remove them from the prevolution's movepool
Competitive Overview: A brief summary of what the Pokemon does in the metagame and why it should be added
Extra Notes:
- While not outright banned, I would generally recommend not giving starters Hidden Gems until we get to the Starter slate, which will either be in the middle of the mod or the end

Submissions will end in 5 Days (Veto Phase in 4 Days)

1711153519961.png

Pokemon: Flapple
Gem: :ground gem: Ground Gem
Type After Activation: Grass/Ground
Ability: Gravity Field - Summons gravity on switch in
Stat Boosts: +1 Attack, +1 Speed
New Moves: Earthquake, Gravity
Competitive Overview: Flapple's whole gem gimmick relies on abusing gravity and it does so it multiple ways. The first way is through earthquake as it now affects the flying pokemon that flapple struggles to hit. The second is through dragon rush, being a strong move with low accuracy. Using gravity will increase the accuracy and make dragon rush actually viable. Finally, there is a little known mechanic with his signature move, grav apple. The mechanic is where the move actually does 50% more damage under gravity, which would make grav apple an extremely strong move.

IMG_1094.png

Pokemon: Zamazenta Hitmontop
Gem: :rock gem: Rock Gem
Type After Activation: Fighting/Rock
Ability: Bulletproof
Stat Boosts: +1 Attack, +1 Speed +1 Accuracy
Competitive Overview: There isn't much to this. Rock type makes it have a better matchup against flying types, the accuracy boost is for stone edge, and I thought bulletproof was a decent ability for the top (making it immune to energy ball, focus blast, and aura sphere).

1711155488448.png

Pokemon: Palossand
Gem: :poison gem: Poison Gem
Type After Activation: Ghost/Poison
Ability: Stamina
Stat Boosts: +1 Defense, +1 Sp Defense
New Moves: Toxic
Competitive Overview: This is a toxic stalling tank with it's buffed defenses, shore up, and stamina. It isn't super tanky, as it lacks the ability to run leftovers and you need to have sludge bomb on it's moveset, but overall it could be a solid wall.

Last edited:
:sm/magmortar:
Pokémon: Magmortar
Gem: Ground Gem
Type After Activation: Fire/Ground
Ability: Sheer Force
Stat Boosts: +1 Sp. Def, +1 Speed, +1 Acc
New Moves: Earth Power
Competitive Overview: Sheer Force Breaker. +1 Acc makes it more viable to run Fire Blast/Focus Blast.

:sm/Mamoswine:
Gem: Rock Gem
Type After Activation: Ice/Rock
Stat Boosts: +1 Def, +1 Sp. Def, +1 Speed
New Moves: Iron Defense
Competitive Overview: Strong dual STABs and given Iron Defense so it has some viability with Body Press, as well. Unfortunately (or maybe? fortunately?) it has no way to boost its strong Atk stat outside of Curse, and it's typing means a Fighting type can and will decimate you.

:sm/weezing:
Pokémon: Weezing
Gem: Poison Gem
Type After Activation: Poison
Ability: Prankster
Stat Boosts: +1 Sp. Atk, +1 Sp. Def, +1 Speed
New Moves: Defog
Competitive Overview: Weezing loses a niche with losing Levitate/NGas, but gains a new one with its Prankster priority set of support moves.

Last edited:
:sv/metagross:
Pokémon: Metagross
Type After Activation: Steel/Ground
Competitive Overview: Steel/Ground is a very good typing combined with Bulletproof making it immune to moves like Focus Blast and Shadow Ball

:sv/hydreigon:
Pokémon: Hydreigon
Type After Activation: Dark/Rock
Stat Boosts: +1 Att, +1 Def
Competitive Overview: Did you know this Pokemon has Head Smash, Rock Slide, and Stone Edge? Very adaptable with regular Nasty Plot, Dragon Dance (with or without gem), Bulky Roost, Physical, Special, and even Mixed.

:sv/kommo-o:
Pokémon: Kommo-o
Type After Activation: Dragon/Poison
Ability: Serene Grace
New Moves: Rapid Spin
Competitive Overview: Does its usual Kommo-o stuff but can blast Fairies with Poison Jab and Serene Grace for Poisoning

Last edited:
:sm/copperajah:
Pokémon: Copperajah
Gem: :ground-gem: Ground
Type After Activation:
Steel
Ground

Ability: Water Absorb
New Moves: n/a
Removed Moves: n/a
Competitive Overview: a good rocks setter with a typing that now grants copperajah an electric immunity. water absorb, inspired by its pkmn sword dex entry, removes copperajah's water weakness, giving it a fairer matchup vs the meta's waters like waterpon and wake.

:copperajah::ground-gem:
Copperajah @ Ground Gem
Ability: Heavy Metal
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind / Knock Off

:sm/ampharos:
Pokémon: Ampharos
Gem: :rock-gem: Rock
Type After Activation:
Electric
Rock

Ability: Mold Breaker
Stat Boosts: +1 Acc, +2 SpA
Competitive Overview: set up with agility + gem boosted power gem/mbeam to become a lategame sweeper/cleaner; +1 acc allows for more accurate thunders/focus misses while mold breaker is useful for bypassing unaware. however, because its typing gets arguably worse upon transforming, it's a large commitment.

:ampharos::rock-gem:
Ampharos @ Rock Gem
Ability: Static
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunder
- Power Gem
- Focus Blast

:sm/tornadus:
Pokémon: Tornadus
Gem: :poison-gem: Poison
Type After Activation:
Flying
Poison

Ability: Magic Bounce
Stat Boosts: +1 Acc, +1 Def, +1 SpD
Competitive Overview: torn gains crobat's typing and mbounce to become a reliable hazard control option. the accuracy boost upon transforming is because all of its main moves (bleakwind/hurricane, focus miss, etc) are all extremely inaccurate

:tornadus::poison-gem:
Tornadus (M) @ Poison Gem
Ability: Defiant
Tera Type: Flying
Timid Nature
- Hurricane / Bleakwind Storm
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn
- Knock Off / Focus Blast / Heat Wave

Last edited:
:sm/dragalge:
Pokémon: Dragalge
Gem: Ground
Type After Activation: Poison / Ground
Ability: Corrosion
New Moves: +Earth Power, Spikes
Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: BIG special defense. clodsire typing and corrosion let it sit on Some special attackers as long as they're not able to kill it or whatever.

Yoshiblaze

ye
Yet another Veto / Review Phase is here!

As stated in the OP, the Veto / Review Phase is where I'll give quick feedback on everything submitted so far, including warnings on which subs may be disqualified from voting (vetoed) and how to prevent that. Submissions can still be freely added and edited during the Veto Phase, but new submissions may be vetoed without warning once voting starts tomorrow. Aside from veto warnings, all of these reviews are just my opinions on your subs, so feel free to not take my advice.
View attachment 618042
Competitive Overview: Flapple's whole gem gimmick relies on abusing gravity and it does so it multiple ways. The first way is through earthquake as it now affects the flying pokemon that flapple struggles to hit. The second is through dragon rush, being a strong move with low accuracy. Using gravity will increase the accuracy and make dragon rush actually viable. Finally, there is a little known mechanic with his signature move, grav apple. The mechanic is where the move actually does 50% more damage under gravity, which would make grav apple an extremely strong move.

View attachment 618052
Pokemon: Zamazenta
Stat Boosts: +1 Attack, +1 Accuracy
Removed Moves: Body Press
Competitive Overview: There isn't much to this. Rock type makes it have a better matchup against flying types, the accuracy boost is for stone edge, and I thought bulletproof was a decent ability for zamazenta (making it immune to energy ball, focus blast, and aura sphere).

View attachment 618058
Competitive Overview: This is a toxic stalling tank with it's buffed defenses, shore up, and stamina. It isn't super tanky, as it lacks the ability to run leftovers and you need to have sludge bomb on it's moveset, but overall it could be a solid wall.
:flapple:Big fan of this, this was before your time but this reminds me a lot of Tart Apple Flapple from JolteMons, which was a super fun mon to use and this looks better than that
:zamazenta:Not a fan of this one, Zamazenta is already a near S-Tier threat in OU and giving it an easier time against Flying-types that isn't that committal might push it over the edge, while on the opposite end of the spectrum it losing Body Press seems like an unnecessary nerf. I think I'd rather have something similar to this on a worse mon
:palossand:Toxic is a pretty good buff for Palossand, though I'm not too sure how effective the gem will be,

Competitive Overview: Sheer Force Breaker. +1 Acc makes it more viable to run Fire Blast/Focus Blast.

Competitive Overview: Strong dual STABs and given Iron Defense so it has some viability with Body Press, as well. Unfortunately (or maybe? fortunately?) it has no way to boost its strong Atk stat outside of Curse, and it's typing means a Fighting type can and will decimate you.

Competitive Overview: Weezing loses a niche with losing Levitate/NGas, but gains a new one with its Prankster priority set of support moves.
:magmortar:Simple and probably pretty good, not much else to say
:mamoswine:Should be pretty scary breaker, the boosts to its bulk actually worry me a bit since Mamo's high HP will make it somewhat hard to revenge kill even with an awful defensive typing, said awful defensive typing is enough to not veto it though
:weezing:Neat Defogger versus Gholdengo for non-Gem sets, Prankster in Gem is okay but honestly instead of utility I see Gem sets going more offensive with Weezing's weird offensive profile + Prankster Pain Split

Competitive Overview: Steel/Ground is a very good typing combined with Bulletproof making it immune to moves like Focus Blast and Shadow Ball

Competitive Overview: Did you know this Pokemon has Head Smash, Rock Slide, and Stone Edge? Very adaptable with regular Nasty Plot, Dragon Dance (with or without gem), Bulky Roost, Physical, Special, and even Mixed.

Competitive Overview: Does its usual Kommo-o stuff but can blast Fairies with Poison Jab and Serene Grace for Poisoning
:metagross:Seems just okay, not sure if just making it Ground and giving an ability that's about as good for it as Clear Body puts Metagross over the hump
:hydreigon:Should be a very effective surprise option for Hydreigon, I like it
:kommo-o:I like Rapid Spin for Kommo-o, Gem seems okay as a lure with Swords Dance sets but I'm not too sure about it past that

Type After Activation:
Steel
Ground

Competitive Overview: a good rocks setter with a typing that now grants copperajah an electric immunity. water absorb, inspired by its pkmn sword dex entry, removes copperajah's water weakness, giving it a fairer matchup vs the meta's waters like waterpon and wake.

Copperajah @ Ground Gem
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind / Knock Off

Type After Activation:
Electric
Rock

Competitive Overview: set up with agility + gem boosted power gem/mbeam to become a lategame sweeper/cleaner; +1 acc allows for more accurate thunders/focus misses while mold breaker is useful for bypassing unaware. however, because its typing gets arguably worse upon transforming, it's a large commitment.

Ampharos @ Rock Gem
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunder
- Power Gem
- Focus Blast

Type After Activation:
Flying
Poison

Competitive Overview: torn gains crobat's typing and mbounce to become a reliable hazard control option. the accuracy boost upon transforming is because all of its main moves (bleakwind/hurricane, focus miss, etc) are all extremely inaccurate

Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn
:copperajah:It'll have trouble setting up the Gem since it's so slow, but once it gets that it seems pretty decent as a tank
:ampharos:Should be an alright cleaner behind screens, not much else to say
:tornadus:Pretty interesting, seems effective both as a sweeper with Plot, kinda being a stallbreaker with Magic Bounce + beating Clef naturally, and could interestingly be effective early game since it can prevent hazards early and just be an early nuisance for the opponent. I would probably give this Poison Jab and Gunk Shot (and maybe giving it Superpower back) to open up physical sets with Acrobatics

Removed Moves:
Competitive Overview: BIG special defense. clodsire typing and corrosion let it sit on Some special attackers as long as they're not able to kill it or whatever.
:dragagle:Gem seems alright, basically being Nidoking with special bulk, but those move buffs should make Dragalge pretty interesting even as a non-Gem mon, especially Specs sets with Earth Power now being able to hit everything extremely hard in combination with STABs and Thunderbolt

And that's all! See you for voting tomorrow!

Yoshiblaze

ye
speedrunning tf out of these subs so i can close subs on time

:sm/krookodile:
Pokémon: Krookodile
Type After Activation:

Ability: Armor Tail
Stat Boosts: +1 Def, +1 SpD, +1 Spe
New Moves: Spikes, Parting Shot, Rapid Spin, Swords Dance
Competitive Overview: Adds some really nice utility to Krookodile that turns it into a more offense-oriented Ting-Lu with way less bulk but pivoting and Spin, plus SD + Moxie + Gem to end games

:sm/sandaconda:
Pokémon: Sandaconda
Gem: Rock
Type After Activation:

Ability: Sand Rush
Stat Boosts: +2 Atk, +1 SpD
New Moves: Ice Fang, Ice Spinner, Slack Off
Competitive Overview: Very lategame cleaner that looks to sweep with a late Sand Spit activation into Gem activating and giving you doubled Speed that you're allowed to fully invest in due to the +2 Atk boost plus potentially more from Coil. Slack Off potentially gives non-Gem sets something to do in the crowded OU Ground market since having Glare + recovery + Coil is something, Gem sets can also use it to be a safer wincon with Coil that can try to bulk its way to victory after Sand ends

:sm/pecharunt:
Pokémon: Pecharunt
Gem: Poison
Type After Activation:

Ability: Toxic Chain
Stat Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 SpA, +1 SpD
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Iron Defense
Competitive Overview: Added power and bulk (with the boosts referencing each of the Loyal Three's highest stats) helps Nasty Plot Pecharunt either sweep or stallbreak more easily. Even if it doesn't win, it's gonna Toxic like 2 or 3 things before it goes down, with Malignant Chain having a crazy 65% chance to badly poison. Forever walled by Kingambit.

Yoshiblaze

ye
Voting!

Voting rules can be found below and in the OP:
After the submission phase is over, voting will begin. This mod will be using the same voting system as Megas Revisited, where you can vote for as many submissions as you want, with each submission getting a certain number of points based on how you ranked it. An example can be seen below.
For a slate with the Normal Gem, Fighting Gem, and Bug Gem, for example, a ballot would look like this:
Bug: Pokemon 7, Pokemon 8, Pokemon 9

With this ballot, Submission 1 for the Normal Gem would get 3 points, Submission 2 would get 2, and Submission 3 would get 1. The same goes for Submissions 4, 5, and 6 in the Fighting category and Submissions 7, 8, and 9 in the Bug category, with them getting 3, 2, and 1 point respectively.

You can add as many submissions are you'd like after your third vote, with each one getting 1 point.
So, in this ballot, Submissions 10 and 11 would also get 1 point in the Bug category.

You can vote for your own submission, but it can't be in first place or your only vote in that category. Be sure to mark your self-vote by putting (SV) after it.
Normal: Pokemon 12 (SV), Pokemon 2, Pokemon 3
This wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is in first place in the Normal category

Normal: Pokemon 12 (SV)
This also wouldn't be a legal ballot as the self-vote is the only vote in the Normal category

Normal: Pokemon 2, Pokemon 12 (SV)
Fighting: Pokemon 4, Pokemon 12 (SV), Pokemon 6
Bug: Pokemon 7, Pokemon 8, Pokemon 12 (SV), Pokemon 10, Pokemon 11
This is a legal ballot because none of the self-votes are in first place or the only vote in a category.

If you vote for only 2 submissions in a category, the first place submission gets 2 points and the second place submission gets 1 point. If you vote for just one, then that submission gets 1 point.
Normal: Pokemon 1 (1 point)
Fighting: Pokemon 4 (2 points), Pokemon 5 (1 point)
Bug: Pokemon 7 (3 points), Pokemon 8 (2 points), Pokemon 9 (1 point), Pokemon 10 (1 point), Pokemon 11 (1 point)
The submission with the most points in a category will be added to the mod.
If multiple people the same Pokemon in the same category, please specify which submission you're voting for.
If the same Pokemon is submitted in multiple categories and ends up in first place in both, it will only win in the category where it received more points.
All submissions except for the following are eligible for voting:
None!

Voting will end in 24 hours. Good luck!
If your sub isn't here and wasn't vetoed then please let me know!
1711153519961.png

Type After Activation:
Steel
Ground

Copperajah @ Ground Gem
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind / Knock Off
Removed Moves:
:sm/krookodile:
Pokémon: Krookodile
Type After Activation:

Ability: Armor Tail
Stat Boosts: +1 Def, +1 SpD, +1 Spe
New Moves: Spikes, Parting Shot, Rapid Spin, Swords Dance
Competitive Overview: Adds some really nice utility to Krookodile that turns it into a more offense-oriented Ting-Lu with way less bulk but pivoting and Spin, plus SD + Moxie + Gem to end games
IMG_1094.png

Pokemon: Zamazenta Hitmontop
Stat Boosts: +1 Attack, +1 Speed +1 Accuracy
Competitive Overview: There isn't much to this. Rock type makes it have a better matchup against flying types, the accuracy boost is for stone edge, and I thought bulletproof was a decent ability for the top (making it immune to energy ball, focus blast, and aura sphere).
Type After Activation:
Electric
Rock

Ampharos @ Rock Gem
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunder
- Power Gem
- Focus Blast
:sm/sandaconda:
Pokémon: Sandaconda
Gem: Rock
Type After Activation:

Ability: Sand Rush
Stat Boosts: +2 Atk, +1 SpD
New Moves: Ice Fang, Ice Spinner, Slack Off
Competitive Overview: Very lategame cleaner that looks to sweep with a late Sand Spit activation into Gem activating and giving you doubled Speed that you're allowed to fully invest in due to the +2 Atk boost plus potentially more from Coil. Slack Off potentially gives non-Gem sets something to do in the crowded OU Ground market since having Glare + recovery + Coil is something, Gem sets can also use it to be a safer wincon with Coil that can try to bulk its way to victory after Sand ends
1711155488448.png

Type After Activation:
Flying
Poison

Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- U-turn
:sm/pecharunt:
Pokémon: Pecharunt
Gem: Poison
Type After Activation:

Ability: Toxic Chain
Stat Boosts: +1 Atk, +1 SpA, +1 SpD
New Moves: Toxic Spikes, Iron Defense
Competitive Overview: Added power and bulk (with the boosts referencing each of the Loyal Three's highest stats) helps Nasty Plot Pecharunt either sweep or stallbreak more easily. Even if it doesn't win, it's gonna Toxic like 2 or 3 things before it goes down, with Malignant Chain having a crazy 65% chance to badly poison. Forever walled by Kingambit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)