Tournament Ubers World Cup III - Finals [Won by Oceania]

Welcome to the third edition of Ubers World Cup, a world cup for Ubers! This edition will be hosted by Frozoid and GraveBee.

This year's format is: 4 SV Ubers, 1 SS Ubers, 1 SM Ubers, 1 ORAS Ubers, 1 BW Ubers, 1 DPP Ubers, 1 ADV Ubers given the popularity of our old gen tiers. Each team is composed of 10 starters and up to 4 substitutes giving a total of 14 players maximum per team.

After a 3-0 victory in the tiebreaker, our finals contestants are Oceania and India!
Now that it’s come to this, it’s all or nothing!

:sv/spheal: Team Oceania (5) vs (5) Team India :sv/zygarde-complete:

SV: Stallion vs pichus
SV: Trade vs Taka
SV: etern vs myjava
SV: Aberforth vs GeniusFromHoenn
SS: baconeatinassassin vs skimmythegod
SM: Drifting vs Rhmsitb
ORAS: byronthewellwell vs freezai
BW: March Fires vs RaJ.Shoot
DPP: shrang vs Piyush25
ADV: aurora vs Yippie

Please try to get your replays in by March 24 at 11:59PM EDT (GMT-4)
GOOD LUCK, AND MAY THE BEST TEAM WIN!

Last edited by a moderator:

LouisIX

is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Canada (5.5) vs (4.5) India
SV: Stallion vs pichus
:blobglare: only if stallion stop using those... anyway
SV: Trade vs Taka
SV: etern vs myjava
SV: Aberforth vs GeniusFromHoenn
SS: baconeatinassassin vs skimmythegod
Za Match
SM: Drifting vs Rhmsitb
I am not tolerating likewhore anymore ok rhm
ORAS: byronthewellwell vs freezai
just crit with your geomancy moonblast easy game
BW: March Fires vs RaJ.Shoot
bolding the better player imo
DPP: shrang vs Piyush25
bolding the better player imo
ADV: aurora vs Yippie
I don't know adv at all

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Predictions where I do not hold back because I played 2 of the worst series of my mons career today.

Oceania (5) vs (5) India
SV: Stallion vs pichus - pichus plays it turbosafe while Stallion tries to shoot the shit. I don't think there's a skill discrepancy here but Stallion doesn't tilt as much.
SV: Trade vs Taka - East Coast Indian plays SV much better than most of the pool so I am giving it to him. Trade can definitely cook but I don't think this is the spot where they can get out of a bad MU with some fishing, especially so when team India has been spamming gimmicks every gen for a decade.
SV: etern vs myjava - I don't remember myjava playing Ubers; if they did and they're a GOAT I don't care, I rate etern piloting real high.
SV: Aberforth vs GeniusFromHoenn - not rating Hoenn super high rn and Aberforth is too much of a nervous mess every fucking playoffs to NOT overcompensate and calc every little thing in prep and in-game. Most lopsided MU imho.
SS: baconeatinassassin vs skimmythegod - I think bacon is a wayyyyyyyyyyyyy better pilot. But I also think he's not doing well enough in this tour (lost to Ice who is washed and posts about mold and shit for hours on end) so skimmy and some Scolipede offense take this. Closest MU imho
SM: Drifting vs Rhmsitb - Rhm played the worst SM game of his career last year during UPL vs a Durian (mashing's Pachirisu replay) and I think drifting has no hands no brain just tries to matchup well and plays like he's inebriated. I'll do the scout for you rhm: he's gonna load a BO with a Groundceus, maybe an Yvel, an offensive NDM (oooooo it's Ultra this time!!!!!!) and then crit you on a crucial turn.
ORAS: byronthewellwell vs freezai - byron mind-controls the entire pool (except Hack) year after year into not seeing win conditions. I do rate freezai but it's obvious that something is askew in the builds he's loaded thus far. Byron isn't gonna overthink this because I know my man is a clicker in precisely the builder (clicks 6 mons that have 90% synergy and prays for the other 10%) but I also think he's the funnest ORAS player OAT.
BW: March Fires vs RaJ.Shoot - if he loses this I'm deleting him off social media.
DPP: shrang vs Piyush25 - I think piyush can out-pilot shrang despite shrang spamming the tier day in and day out. He might lose to BP, though!
ADV: aurora vs Yippie - sorry Aurora, you're getting sun stalled and effectively 6-0ed.

tiebreaker is SV (Aberforth vs taka) which is a flip, BW pick from OCN and ADV pick from India.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 1)