Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor
Why does ELO seem to fluctuate a bit after winning a match? For example, won a match and it said i jumped to 1699 ELO, however when I checked my rank afterwards it says 1697.

1694787049169.png

So what's the common Blood Moon set? Anything that takes advantage of Vacuum Wave and the existence of Alomomola would be great .

Can a new Pokémon drop from OU straight to, say, NU instead of UU in a monthly tier shift? If so, how?
Not usually, but sometimes after large releases (such as home) a new drop system is used where Pokémon can drop multiple tiers at once if they have less than 1/30, 1/60, etc usage - not sure if that's happening this month though

Last edited:
Not sure if this is the right place to ask but

I keep making my teams weak to one specific pokemon that suddenly becomes #1 usage on the ladder. It feels like all the defensive pokemon in the metagame are dogshit and (next part is true) tusk being the ONLY hazard remover that doesn't invite in the world's setup sweepers is tusk. I feel like I've either overloaded on fairy weaknesses or ghost/dark weaknesses. And when I try to counter I wind up with no hazard removal. TLDR teambuilding is a real struggle, what are the best "glue" mons that don't get shit on by fairy/ghost types. Thanks. Some teams I've been using as a reference for my masterful skills (ignore the sand one that was a meme)

Attachments

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but

I keep making my teams weak to one specific pokemon that suddenly becomes #1 usage on the ladder. It feels like all the defensive pokemon in the metagame are dogshit and (next part is true) tusk being the ONLY hazard remover that doesn't invite in the world's setup sweepers is tusk. I feel like I've either overloaded on fairy weaknesses or ghost/dark weaknesses. And when I try to counter I wind up with no hazard removal. TLDR teambuilding is a real struggle, what are the best "glue" mons that don't get shit on by fairy/ghost types. Thanks. Some teams I've been using as a reference for my masterful skills (ignore the sand one that was a meme)
Cinderace is able to remove hazards more reliably than Tusk these days, and resists Fairy. boots spam is better on a lot of structures. Gliscor is really good right now and can play offensive defensive and utility roles all very well depending on the set, and doesn't have much issues with the types you're mentioning - Moltres also wrecks fairies and can pair with a dark type to fend off dark and ghost - him and Kingambit are good friends because Molt is immune to Wisp and EQ and resists and can burn on fighting moves, and Gambit is a rock resist

Cinderace is able to remove hazards more reliably than Tusk these days
First off, thank you so much for your reply, it was very helpful :). I'm just curious, isn't it a bit dicey for cinderace to do the removal thing because you might put your own hazards on your side? Obviously that doesn't count it out completely, but I'm a bit curious on how to play with that. I've only used cinderace a handful of times.

Hello, my question is, will tier shifts happen on Oct 1, even though it has been less than a full month since the dlc dropped? like when can we expect araidos and such to no longer be tiered as “OU”? thank you

First off, thank you so much for your reply, it was very helpful :). I'm just curious, isn't it a bit dicey for cinderace to do the removal thing because you might put your own hazards on your side? Obviously that doesn't count it out completely, but I'm a bit curious on how to play with that. I've only used cinderace a handful of times.
You generally don't need to put up "your own hazards" on Cinderace teams because court change does that for you. "How to play with that" is, don't put up hazards then switch them to your side

Can moves miss on protect? Lets say if I Protected and the opponent used Focus Miss and missed me, would it show as a miss or always hit?

Haven't been keeping up with the meta recently and saw that Ogerpon-Wellspring appeared on the most recent survey and that a few people had her as high as a 3. What is her place in the meta at the moment and what about her is potentially too much for OU?

Last edited:
Are multiple suspects out of the question nowadays? I remember back in XY there were a few times where multiple things were tested at once (Deo-S and Deo-D for example), but I only started using smogon again during the beginning of this gen

Do "can't use consecutively" moves like Gigaton Hammer and Blood Moon have to successfully land to put them on Cooldown, or does it count if they are clicked but don't work (such as hitting Protect)?

How do you check Gren with a BO team? Cause most of the water resists are either too passive or too frail.
I've been using AV Pex, which still performs quite well vs Wake and Gren, though some good anti-hazard support is required. I've used the Water Ogrepon and that has also done OK, but suffers similar issues vs hazards & is also Tera reliant in order to not get Shredded by Dark Pulse.

what would be the right place to share teams we've built and discuss them (sorry i'm kind new here lol)

i kinda want to talk about a specific pokemon ive been using and provide the team its been working on for me and i dont know if thats like a rate my team thing or a metagame discussion thing

Last edited:

1LDK

Light Up The Night
is a Top Team Rater
what would be the right place to share teams we've built and discuss them (sorry i'm kind new here lol)

i kinda want to talk about a specific pokemon ive been using and provide the team its been working on for me and i dont know if thats like a rate my team thing or a metagame discussion thing
For OU teams, you can check out the official OU server
https://discord.gg/Pgn3Nrb
they have your general discussion, teams, games, filled with people like us

for other types of team, look for the Official Smogon server, its on the Home page at the door
for the rest of the resources, look at this page here
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/ou-forum-rules-ou-council-info-and-announcements.3710769/

How does the accuracy of Scale Shot work? Is the 90% chance calculated every time for each individual hit, or overall? (hitting 4 or 5 times is 15% + 15% = 30% probability, which is 27% chance accounting for the 90% accuracy, but this is significantly lower if the 90% chance is calculated for every hit)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)