Tournament OMPL XI - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
omplbanner.jpg

Art by Blazenix

Hello everyone! We are pleased to announce that manager signups for OMPL XI are now open. If you would like to manage, please read the following details before signing up.
  • There are 8 teams and each team will have one manager.
    • Managers can choose to signup with a co-manager.
  • Managers are required to participate in the auction to draft their players.
  • Managers will have a budget of 100k and can purchase themselves for their teams for 13.5k if they desire to do so.
    • Co-managers can also be purchased for the same price as managers (13.5k)
    • All manager purchases must be sent to the hosts (Isaiah, UT, and KaenSoul) before the draft, and all of them will be announced in the administrative thread when that goes up.
  • Managers must select their lineup for the week and send it to the hosts before the week starts. This has been an issue on occasion in past OMPLs, so if you don't think you can do this for the duration of OMPL XI (it's honestly not that complicated), do not sign up.
  • Managers are responsible for their team's behavior. Make sure members of your team are abiding by the rules and remain active.
  • Managers are expected to facilitate substitutions when necessary.
If you can commit for the next two months or so, go ahead and sign up with your prospective team name. Managers will be decided within one week, after 10 PM GMT -4 on Saturday, May 6th.

TEMPLATE FOR SIGNING UP:

Team Name: The Your Mom Miltanks
Manager: Your Mom
Co-Manager: Your Mom (or type N/A if not applicable to you)
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Miltank
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick)
If you don't use this format, we will ignore your signup.

SV Balanced Hackmons
SV Mix and Mega
SV Almost Any Ability
SV STABmons
SV NFE
SV Godly Gift
SV 2v2 Doubles (Best of 5)
SV Anything Goes

Last edited by a moderator:

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
Team Name: Photon Geezers
Manager: ponchlake
Co-Manager: Tea Guzzler
Team Mascot: Ultra Necrozma
Tea and I are both relatively new members of the communities, but we've also quickly established ourselves as competent builders and players in the various OM metas, especially in our preferred metas of GG and BH respectively.

Last edited:

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Team Name: Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos
Manager: Fc
Co-Manager: Guard
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Solgaleo :solgaleo:

I am on STAB council and in gs poffs rn, I know the om community well and can help with almost all oms. Guard is goated at ag, winning snake and bringing great leadership to the team. Our team can be known as "SSSSS".

Last edited:
wigglyfamily.png

Comme l'année dernière, un gros merci à Clementine pour ce logo !

Team Name: Wiggly Family
Manager: Dragonillis
Co-Manager: My friend Palapapop
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Wigglytuff (or Grodoudou in french)

I think I would be a good fit for a managing slot since I have already managed some teamtours like OMPL IX (with Gman :blobnom:), OMPL X (with Osake
wigjoyous.png
) an iteration of UMPL, as well as WCoOMs III, IV and V with my friend LBDC. I've played OMs for many years and I'm knowledgeable in most OMs (except SV AG and SV 2V2) and very well acquainted with the French and global OM community.

Also palapapop is an old player of a lot of OMs, open, SSNL and world cup tournament. It's time for him to being a cocap with me wighappy.png

wigglypower.png

Larry

formerly Leru
is a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
Team Name: Dave's Dialgas
Manager: me!
Assistant Manager: Stone Cold
Team Mascot: Pincurchin or Dialga, we aren't sure yet.

Stone Cold and I are currently managing: SMPL, ADVPL, UUFPL, NPL, SSPL, PMPL, VGCPL, DPPPL and just finished CAPCL.

Dave has managed many big tours including SPL and WCoP, collecting no less than six trophies in the process. I also managed in WCoP and SCL once. I also got pretty good records in some OM tours before, going positive in a number of AG tours, having a pretty good record in Stabmons (I don't remember the the exact record but I think I went 4-1 or 4-0 in an Other Metagames World Cup once) and Balanced Hackmons (I went 3-0 in Balanced Hackmons Snake Draft, winning the tournament in the process) and I also won OMPL once by winning the deciding game in the finals tiebreaker at 1-1. Dave and me believe that our competence among many tiers (I played a total of 10 different tiers in official team tournaments while going positive in most and also saw success in all Other Metagames I played) and experience will also translate to Other Metagames and we look forward to managing a team in this tournament.

edit: I also went 4-0 in the recent 2v2 money team tour, which speaks for my ability to quickly adjust to any OM, be it for playing or supporting purposes.

Last edited:

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
Team Name : A Shock Team
cap : Les2BG
co-cap : lemonstre1
Team Mascot : Sandy Shocks
logo: soon

Les2bg have a good experience in oms, with a number of active tournaments, however, he's good to build teams in the majority of tiers oms like mnm, aaa, bh, ...
For my part, i don't have to many experience in oms, but i loose in r4 on opens (aaa bh and stab) and i have some experiences in the other tiers.

KarpeChan

Banned deucer.
Team Name: Fluttermania
Manager: Magikarp_Is_AG
Co-Manager: adem
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Flutter Mane
no art atm :(
I've had a bit of minor managing experience such as in the PSLT and the ongoing PSPL. I'm still a very new manager but I believe I'm competent. also i'm tier shift council but who cares
:worrywhirl:
Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 01.34.04.png

also i'm backed by mr. University of Texas (maybe) (fletchling is in my attic).

Team Name : A Shock Team
cap : Les2BG
co-cap : lemonstre1
Team Mascot : Sandy Shocks
logo: soon

Les2bg have a good experience in oms, with a number of active tournaments, however, he's good to build teams in the majority of tiers oms like mnm, aaa, bh, ...
For my part, i don't have to many experience in oms, but i loose in r4 on opens (aaa bh and stab) and i have some experiences in the other tiers.
confirming

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Site Content Manageris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Team Name: Fluttermania
Manager: Magikarp_Is_AG
Co-Manager: adem
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Flutter Mane
no art atm :(
I've had a bit of minor managing experience such as in the PSLT and the ongoing PSPL. I'm still a very new manager but I believe I'm competent. also i'm tier shift council but who cares
:worrywhirl:
View attachment 512856

also i'm backed by mr. University of Texas (maybe) (fletchling is in my attic).
in

Kennedy

up the reds
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Team Name: Supreme Leader Kennedy and his disciples
Manager: Kennedy
Co-Manager: Jurgen Klopp (he doesn't have a Smogon account but dw, we're in contact)
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Diglett-Alola, Dugtrio-Alola or Cobalion, take your pick
(Briefly explain any experience/reasoning for why you think you'd be a good pick)

Well, it's clear that you're already aware of how much of a catch I am, so I'm sure it won't come as a surprise when I say that I would make a fantastic manager for Smogon's OMPL team tournament. With my unparalleled handsomeness and charisma, I'll be sure to inspire my team to victory. My intelligence and wit will enable me to make strategic decisions on the fly, keeping my opponents on their toes.

As a Pokemon Showdown Admin, I've already proven myself to be a knowledgeable and respected community member. My experience with the game and its players will be invaluable in guiding my team to success. And let's not forget the time I took 3 staples to the arm to win a game of staple the arm - if that's not the mark of a true competitor, I don't know what is.

But it's not just my natural talents that make me an ideal manager - I've also learned from the best in the business. Jurgen Klopp is widely regarded as one of the greatest football managers of all time, and I've taken inspiration from his methods. It's definitely not a parasocial relationship, and he definitely sends me signals on how to improve my management. With this level of insight and guidance, there's no doubt that I'll be able to lead my team to victory.

In summary, with my incredible combination of good looks, charm, intelligence, and experience, as well as my deep understanding of the game and my expert coaching from Jurgen Klopp, I would be the perfect candidate to manage in Smogon's OMPL team tournament.

Last edited:

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Team Name: The Terrible Tyrants
Manager: drampa's grandpa
Co-Manager: kenn
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Tyranitar

Hello I am an old man ready to impart my wisdom to the younger generation. I managed and won OMWC I and OMPL X, while managing OMPL VI, VII, and VIII.
Kenn is an OM room mod and does OM things. He is the younger generation despite being older than anyone else. He is the superior user with Kenn in their name, ignore Kennedy's signup.

Tyrantrum has decided to retire along with OM. The spirit of Head Smashing everything lives on in our former mod.
Art temporary and by me. EDIT: We now have someone else doing it ;)
terrible tyrants.png

Last edited:
Team Name: Supreme Leader Kennedy and his disciples
Manager: Kennedy
Co-Manager: Jurgen Klopp (he doesn't have a Smogon account but dw, we're in contact)
Team Mascot: (Pokemon ONLY): Diglett-Alola, Dugtrio-Alola or Cobalion, take your pick

Well, it's clear that you're already aware of how much of a catch I am, so I'm sure it won't come as a surprise when I say that I would make a fantastic manager for Smogon's OMPL team tournament. With my unparalleled handsomeness and charisma, I'll be sure to inspire my team to victory. My intelligence and wit will enable me to make strategic decisions on the fly, keeping my opponents on their toes.

As a Pokemon Showdown Admin, I've already proven myself to be a knowledgeable and respected community member. My experience with the game and its players will be invaluable in guiding my team to success. And let's not forget the time I took 3 staples to the arm to win a game of staple the arm - if that's not the mark of a true competitor, I don't know what is.

But it's not just my natural talents that make me an ideal manager - I've also learned from the best in the business. Jurgen Klopp is widely regarded as one of the greatest football managers of all time, and I've taken inspiration from his methods. It's definitely not a parasocial relationship, and he definitely sends me signals on how to improve my management. With this level of insight and guidance, there's no doubt that I'll be able to lead my team to victory.

In summary, with my incredible combination of good looks, charm, intelligence, and experience, as well as my deep understanding of the game and my expert coaching from Jurgen Klopp, I would be the perfect candidate to manage in Smogon's OMPL team tournament.
Screenshot_20230503-211134.jpg

Does Klopp know you need top 4 to make playoffs?
:v4:

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Here are the managers/teams that will be competing for this year's tournament!
:virizion: W VIRIZZIONS - hayedenn and Greybaum
:necrozma-ultra: Photon Geezers - Tea Guzzler and ponchlake
:wigglytuff: Wiggly Family - Dragonillis and Palapapop
:solgaleo: Soul-Stealing Seven-Star Solgaleos - Fc and Guard
:tyranitar: The Terrible Tyrants - drampa's grandpa and kenn
:gholdengo: Gods as Ghold - Maybca☆〜ゝ。∂ and Eledyr
:flutter mane: Fluttermania - KarpeSan and adem
:dubwool: Dubwool Entendres - Redflix and Quantum Tesseract

Thanks to everyone that signed up, and good luck to the chosen managers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)