Level: 50
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Calm Mind

Florges has been here for a while cause of the new interaction w/ tera, you can utilize the ability in singles now. So not only is grass tera an answer to Breloom(my only one now,) it voids status(with the exception of Yawn IF Florges was yawned as a fairy.) Covert Cloak is mainly for Garganacl. Max HP/SpA, but w/ the nature on the highest base stat. Chilling Water wasn't working out so I decided to replace it w/ Synthesis. Florges is too physically frail to ever be common, but I really like some match ups she gets.

:Sandy Shocks:
Sandy Shocks @ Light Clay
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Reflect
- Light Screen

I had trouble w/ Skeledirge and Kingambit, a relatively strong Earth Power should deal w/ them, and I wanted to try a screener for some reason. Ground tera seems fine and is all I had. Blah EVs. Decided to go Discharge over Volt Switch to fish for para on Scream Tail mainly. I think this has been more good than bad, though screens are kinda random here w/ fairly little set up. Florges greatly appreciates reflect, however.

:Alomomola:
Alomomola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Liquidation
- Mirror Coat
- Play Rough
- Tera Blast

One of my favorite mons. I preserved the EVs for my AV set, though by now I've forgotten what they actually do. AV is great for tanking just about any special hit to return double w/ Mirror Coat, also Alomomola doesn't really need to use support moves that much. Play Rough is amazing, it used to be more so w/ Hydreigon common, but it still gets the various dragons, complimenting STAB. Fire Tera Blast is my only fire coverage for Scizor, and the tera goes beyond that for use, like vs. Volcarona and Skeledirge.

:Iron Valiant:
Iron Valiant @ Booster Energy
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 76 HP / 156 Atk / 12 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spirit Break
- Ice Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Close Combat

I had a special Dudunsparce until I realized there was 0 for pink Blobs, and just little for any specially fat stuff. Hence a strong CC mon that still handles Corviknight. EVs take 4 Atk Brave Bird, max Spe, better live some special attack that I forgot, and the rest mostly in Atk w/ a bit less for another reason I forgot. It seems fine though. Fighting tera is just what I had on my other(shiny, fwiw) Iron Valiant. Naive nature lets me use both sides, for T-Bolt on Corv. Spirit Break is a cool move, this has low SpD so it seems like it can really benefit. Ice Punch was going to be Icy Wind, until I thought about the Clodsire match up.

:Drifblim:
Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 236 Def / 92 SpD / 180 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Clear Smog
- Strength Sap
- Destiny Bond

My favorite mon, more even than Alomomola. Can wall things like Roaring Moon and even some Kingambit terad. Dark Tera resists 2 of the weaknesses of base and has Prankster immunity, so far so good on that. Sitrus Berry because I haven't used Arboliva in a while. EVs are for max 70s, as well as +1 111s unburdened. They also usually take unboosted Gholdengo's Shadow Ball, and always unboosted Meowscarada's Knock Off iirc. Clear Smog is my answer to the mirror, as I fully expect MiniPass. Dark tera also helps there. Strength Sap is amazing and among my favorite moves, good healing and lowers their Atk. Forces lots of switches, sometimes even when they hit SE. Destiny Bond could be Wisp, I'm still unsure. But I definitely have taken some things down w/ it.

:Palossand:
Palossand @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Compaction
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Earth Power
- Shadow Ball
- Giga Drain
- Shore Up

Pretty recent like Iron Valiant. Water Compaction w/ a water resistant tera seemed good for Palafin. Max Def and 4 SpD to lower chances of ohko from high SPA Shadow Balls, notably Gholdengo, Gengar, and Flutter Mane(only Gengar is in my favor, though it still seems better than a point in SpA.) Fairly predictable STABs and Shore Up. I was originally gonna go SR or w/e, but I had Giga Drain on cause it's learned not tm, and figured I should try it 1st. It did get me past a great Tusk, fairly easily, even though they were both Taunt and Bulk Up. This hasn't had time to do much yet, but I at least like the idea of it.

I've been losing more than winning since pretty much the start of S1, but I got to 41:47 w/ this team(just Dudunsparce over Valiant.) Went back down a bit, but I feel I really need something physical for blobs, Clodsire, and Goodra, rare as all those are. I lost to a flying tera Fire Spin Carkoal, Drifblim hardly healed itself w/ Strength Sap and ofc couldn't hurt it much. These things make it hard to identify real threats, as they are too niche even for me to properly want to cover. I think I'm ok on Kingambit finally. Could do better w/ Dragonite. In the past I've gone too far to cover Annihilape, only to barely see it. I may be going too much the other way now though, w/ little for it.

Now I know nothing about BSS or the current meta, but the Pokémon you are using are kinda trash, and looking at pikalytics confirms that. get that there aren’t many resources for BSS in English but I’m sure you could find a discord for help or at least tell the meta and use strong Pokémon to try and improve. :)

I try to use unusual mons, they can do ok. I actually really like Drifblim and Alomomola, and am more open to changing the rest unless those two start doing bad.

I try to use unusual mons, they can do ok. I actually really like Drifblim and Alomomola, and am more open to changing the rest unless those two start doing bad.
Well, i think its fine to use unusual mons but you need to have a reason. And in the description you only state what each choice does, not why you choose the actual pokemon and its synergy. if you cant explain each choice the team will in general turn out quite poor. As i said i have never played BSS and i can tell this team doesnt quite hold to competitive standards, and if thats not what you are going for thats fine, but if you want to improve i would highly reccomend you talk to players who know the game a bit better. While BSS is famed for the few english resources i could find the smogon discord link: https://discord.gg/7N6BxU2m

Well let's see then. I chose Florges because...well I tried, can't think of the reason. Sandy Shocks is chosen to spread para and at least tie their screens, I don't love screens, so a breaker makes potentially more sense.

Iron Valiant I needed some kind of physically offensive presence, Palossand...well I guess for Palafin, but that's somewhat rare. The other two I really like and have had more positive experiences w/. I'll look at ditching Florges and Palossand, maybe even for common stuff.

EDIT: Remembered, Florges is for Hippo.

Last edited:
Well let's see then. I chose Florges because...well I tried, can't think of the reason. Sandy Shocks is chosen to spread para and at least tie their screens, I don't love screens, so a breaker makes potentially more sense.

Iron Valiant I needed some kind of physically offensive presence, Palossand...well I guess for Palafin, but that's somewhat rare. The other two I really like and have had more positive experiences w/. I'll look at ditching Florges and Palossand, maybe even for common stuff.

EDIT: Remembered, Florges is for Hippo.
Well, that’s not very good reasoning simply wanting your Pokémon to do one certain thing isn’t enough. This is universal for all team building and when making a team ask yourself: why is spreading paralysis so important that i am going to use an entire team slot for a Pokémon with the move? Why is my Pokémon better than any other alternatives possible for the role due to all the other roles in terms of synergy, helping with other roles, and patching up other holes? In what way does this Pokémon affect the way my team is structured.

“I want trick room, and this is my favourite Pokémon that knows trick room, the entire rest of my team is super fast and it causes a 5x weakness to water with no way dealing with top threats” will simply not work and cause a non function team.

If you want to use your favourites you need to justify them over any other competing choices and make sure they make actual sense with the rest of your team. When team building it’s important to remember that it takes time. You need to think quite hard over each choice, when I was new I would only do very little base level thinking and get frustrated since my teams where bad, even if I was to lazy to think through all my choices properly.

Also I would highly recommend you use the discord I linked you since even the best team builders will always need help with fixing up their teams. And they also know a lot about the meta and will help you a ton with team structure and how to think when team building for BSS.

Edit: another mistake new players often make is using the same team adjust constantly revising it. Often times this is fine if you know what you are building around. When starting a team you need to choose what you want to build around and the general play style. This can change during the process but can also handicap the team if done incorrectly.

Well I've been doing less bad than before(as in since SV started.) That's still not great, so I'll watch for if things get worse. I'm on the discord, but trade-battle-general seems to really just be about trades, I'm good there. I will ask there too if I get stuck, thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)