Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer (CAP V. 3.0 READ THE OP!)

No one has access to it? That's odd, how'd that happen?
The longer answer to the original question is that "no one who has the knowledge to update it properly has access to it".
We don't have people who meet all of the following qualities: actively involved in CAP, have access to the website, and have the knowledge of how to update it. Not many people have editing privileges in the first place, and we don't have any that are currently active in CAP. No one new has picked it up because the website is old and thus time-consuming to learn how to fix (plus add all the missing information), and a lot of the important information is available and up-to-date in other places.

Is there a full list of the nerfs to Aurumoth over the years? There are so many that I cannot keep track of all of them.
We don't have a list compiled currently, but here is a quick timeline:
Gen 5: Aurumoth is released in its initial state.
Start of Gen 7: Illusion is removed and replaced with Light Metal.
Mid-Gen 7 nerf: Quiver Dance is removed.
Start of Gen 8: Tail Glow is snapped. Not a nerf we made on our own, but still a significant blow to Aurumoth.

Last edited:
Apologies if this is has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is there some sort of (updated to CAP31) article or basic guide to how each individual CAPmon works/their role in the format? I've been curious about this format for quite some time but it seems hard to get info on all the new species at once, rather than titanic multi-page discussions on individual CAPmon.

Apologies if this is has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is there some sort of (updated to CAP31) article or basic guide to how each individual CAPmon works/their role in the format? I've been curious about this format for quite some time but it seems hard to get info on all the new species at once, rather than titanic multi-page discussions on individual CAPmon.
The Introduction to SS CAP thread is a bit out of date because it doesn't account for some of the buffs and nerfs we've done since, but it offers a fairly good picture of how the CAPs currently function in the metagame. If you're looking for original design intent, the EnCAPlopedia features links for the original final product threads for most of the CAPs (barring a few of the most recent ones), and the rest can be found on the main CAP subforum page.

Last edited:

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Where do i submit Cap-emon ideas
CAP is a mutli-stage, competitive project where the community works together to make a pokemon. When a project starts, concepts submissions will open and users can submit ideas for what might become the backbone of the project. Note that there are limitations as to what can be submitted for a concept. Defining elements like typing, ability, and stats cannot be dictated by a concept. These elements will be decided later in the project but will be influenced by the winning concept. We also do not accept fully designed fakemon.

Unfortunately, we will not be starting a new project until after gen 9 starts and the metagame has had a chance to settle. If you are interested in participating and dont want to miss the start of the next project, consider joining the discord.

quziel

I am the Scientist now
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Frankly we don't have any plans to reintroduce its mega stone, or rework its mega to be a separate mon. Its unfortunate that half of its design no longer really exists, but Cruci has maintained relatively solid viability (albeit in the C ranks), and that's fine for a mon that's been dealt such a bad hand by generational changes.

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Soooo will Saharaja's movepool be completed or naw
To elaborate on dex's answer, yes. Legality checks for movepools are lengthy. We need to check for both competitive issues and style guide issues. It requires a lot of availability that the team just hasn't had. We've been working on it slowly (7 submissions/14 movepools total) and should expect a poll soon.

Given that no action is taken on Tera in OU, I assume that CAP will be following suit and keeping tera with no action? Or will we be having our own vote (I assume we're a bit small a community for it to be worth having a whole other vote over?)

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Given that no action is taken on Tera in OU, I assume that CAP will be following suit and keeping tera with no action? Or will we be having our own vote (I assume we're a bit small a community for it to be worth having a whole other vote over?)
This is a peak behind the curtain or whatever the saying is but don't have concrete plans to look into banning tera, especially because there's whispers of another upcoming suspect in OU. Things need to be SERIOUSLY broken to make CAP take tiering action (see: DLC1 Clef, Duggy being legal for 7 months more than it should have been in SS).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)