Resource National Dex OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers

Is there an official banlist for current ND OU on showdown anywhere? I can certainly find what has been quickbanned but not sure where to find which pokemon or megas were freed.

Why are these Pokémon not in Limbo? IIRC, they're in the code, but are not available until SV gets Pokémon Home Support.

Arceus (All Fomes), Articuno, Articuno-Galar, Avalugg-Hisui, Azelf, Basculegion, Braxien, Calyrex, Calyrex-Ice, Calyrex-Shadow, Carbink, Chesnaught, Chespin, Cinderace, Cresselia, Cyndaquil, Dartrix, Decidueye, Decidueye-Hisui, Dewott, Dialga, Diancie, Diglett-Alola, Drizzile, Dugtrio-Alola, Electrode-Hisui, Enamorus, Enamorus-Therian, Eternatus, Fennekin, Froakie, Frogadier, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Greninja, Greninja-Ash, Grimer-Alola, Grookey, Growlithe-Hisui, Glastrier, Groudon, Heatran, Hoopa, Hoopa-Unbound, Inteleon, Kleavor, Kubfu, Kyogre, Landorus, Landorus-Therian, Lilligant-Hisui, Magearna, Magearna-Original, Meloetta, Meowth-Alola, Mespirit, Mew, Mewtwo, Moltres, Moltres-Galar, Muk-Alola, Oshawott, Overqwil, Palkia, Persian-Alola, Quilava, Quilladin, Qwilfish-Hisui, Rabburn, Raichu-Alola, Rayquaza, Regidraco, Regieleki, Rillaboom, Samurott, Samurott-Hisui, Scorbunny, Slowbro-Galar, Slowking-Galar, Slowpoke-Galar, Sobble, Spectrier, Sneasel-Hisui, Sneasler, Tauros, Thundrus, Thundrus-Therian, Tornadus, Tornadus-Therian, Twackey, Tysplosion, Tysplosion-Hisui, Ursaluna, Urshifu, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Uxie, Voltord-Husiu, Wyrdeer, Zapdos, Zapdos-Galar, Zacian, Zacian-Crowned, Zamazenta, Zamazenta-Crowned, Zarude, Zoroark-Hisui, Zoura-Hisui

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Is there an official banlist for current ND OU on showdown anywhere? I can certainly find what has been quickbanned but not sure where to find which pokemon or megas were freed.
Anywhere on PS, type /nds Ubers

Why are these Pokémon not in Limbo? IIRC, they're in the code, but are not available until SV gets Pokémon Home Support.
The idea behind NatDex metagames is that every pokemon (and items) is transferrable to the main generation, even before the current gen game still does not allow them.

The idea behind NatDex metagames is that every pokemon (and items) is transferrable to the main generation, even before the current gen game still does not allow them.
I mean that the Pokémon I listed should be in the Gen 9 Limbo Tier until SV gets Home Support as they are in the game's code, but unavailable (they can still be used in Nat Dex, however)

Edit: IIRC, it was done last Gen when it was released

Last edited:

R8

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
I mean that the Pokémon I listed should be in the Gen 9 Limbo Tier until SV gets Home Support (they can still be used in Nat Dex, however)
Oh that is something you already can see in the regular SVOU teambuider, as those mons are in the code but you can't use them here yet. For example:
azelf.PNG

But it is released in NatDex, so it is not marked as unreleased there.

However, it should be noted that Hisui formes are marked as being unreleased in NatDex too, as these Pokemon are not available in any mainline games yet.

Oh that is something you already can see in the regular SVOU teambuider, as those mons are in the code but you can't use them here yet. For example:
View attachment 472727
But it is released in NatDex, so it is not marked as unreleased there.

However, it should be noted that Hisui formes are marked as being unreleased in NatDex too, as these Pokemon are not available in any mainline games yet.
Oh, I was actually refering to the Smogon Startegy Pokédex

R8

National Dex Leader
Oh, I was actually refering to the Smogon Startegy Dex
Oh this, honestly i don't know. Maybe you will get an answer here, but i would recommend asking in this thread too, which is for questions about smogon in general

Why can Assist call Revival Blessing? Or any other Gen 8 onwards move for that matter. It can even call Obstruct for no reason on the sim despite every other protect move being ineligible.

I'd want to share some questions about National Dex's purpose. I've had some point of variance with those choice.
-Why are Gems not allowed? I've seen no point of not allowing them.
-Why are some events not allowed? Notably talking of Spinner Golem e.g. What's the point? I've been told it's because it's too old, but does it mean Megas won't be allowed at some point?
-A point that should be more discussed. Should Universals TMs be distributed? For exemple, should Dragapult be allowed to use Toxic? Should Yanmega be allowed to use Terablast? They shouldn't, but it might be discussed if we want to confirm Ndex's purpose.
-Scald's been removed from every mon in the game's movepool, but it's still valable in Ndex. What's the reason? It's been available, but it's not anymore. Will it be removed a day?
-Why are Hisuians not allowed? Because Arceus isn't a classic game?
-Toxapex is allowed to have both Chilling Water and Scald on its movepool. Why is it normal? It isn't obtainable in any game.

I'd want to share some questions about National Dex's purpose. I've had some point of variance with those choice.
-Why are Gems not allowed? I've seen no point of not allowing them.
Natdex is gens 7+, gems aren't in gen 7 8 or 9.

-Why are some events not allowed? Notably talking of Spinner Golem e.g. What's the point? I've been told it's because it's too old, but does it mean Megas won't be allowed at some point?
Rapid Spin Golem was from Gen 2, which isn't transferable to Gen 3, meanwhile megas could be transferable up (by Natdex logic)

-A point that should be more discussed. Should Universals TMs be distributed? For exemple, should Dragapult be allowed to use Toxic? Should Yanmega be allowed to use Terablast? They shouldn't, but it might be discussed if we want to confirm Ndex's purpose.
There's a select few exceptions to universal rule, for example, Magikarp can't learn Hidden Power, Ditto can't learn Tera Blast, etc.

-Scald's been removed from every mon in the game's movepool, but it's still valable in Ndex. What's the reason? It's been available, but it's not anymore. Will it be removed a day?
The general point of Natdex is that things aren't removed /npa

-Why are Hisuians not allowed? Because Arceus isn't a classic game?
Yeah basically, you can't use them in pvp battles and they aren't transferable to any gen with pvp battles, so it doesn't really apply

-Toxapex is allowed to have both Chilling Water and Scald on its movepool. Why is it normal? It isn't obtainable in any game.
The idea is you transfer Pex up with Scald, and then it learns Chilling Water in hypothetical Natdex SV.

Are items such as TRs or Berry Juice supposed to be allowed? Showdown is rejecting them at the moment.
I guess that's because Berry Juice are not in gen9. ND should still enable this item though, but it looks like they don't have time to take a look for now...

R8

National Dex Leader
Are items such as TRs or Berry Juice supposed to be allowed? Showdown is rejecting them at the moment.
I guess that's because Berry Juice are not in gen9. ND should still enable this item though, but it looks like they don't have time to take a look for now...
Update ; Berry Juice is legal in natdex formats now. It's still shows as illegal in the builder for some reason but that's just visual, you can bring it in battle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)