Belly Drum
Electrify
Rage Fist
Shed Tail
Revival Blessing
Last Respects
Comatose + Sleep Talk
Imprison + Transform
Rules: Forme Clause, Sleep Moves Clause, 2-Ability Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, CFZ Clause, Dynamax Clause, Terastal Clause, Arceus Clause*
*You can only bring 1 Arceus

Watchlist:
Dire Claw

Council:
:sableye-mega: anaconja
:registeel: TTTech
:porygon2: XxLazzerpenguinxX
:kyogre-primal: Chessking345

Legacy Council:
:beedrill-mega: a loser
SuperSkylake
:yveltal: astralydia
:polteageist: Tea Guzzler

"Legacy" Council:
:gengar: Zovrah

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
viability ranking
S
:Blissey::Chansey: Imposter
:Zacian-Crowned: Zacian-Crowned
S-
:groudon::red-orb: Groudon-Primal
:Mewtwo-Mega-Y: Mewtwo-Mega-Y
:Zygarde-Complete: Zygarde-Complete
A+
:Gengar-Mega: Gengar-Mega
A
Arceus-Fairy
Arceus-Ghost
Arceus-Water
:Deoxys-Attack: Deoxys-Attack
:Mewtwo-Mega-X: Mewtwo-Mega-X
A-
:Dialga-Origin: Dialga-Origin
:Xerneas: Xerneas
B+
Arceus-Dark
:Diancie-Mega: Diancie-Mega
:Flutter Mane: Flutter Mane
:Gyarados-Mega: Gyarados-Mega
:Kyogre-Primal: Kyogre-Primal
:Lunala: Lunala
:Miraidon: Miraidon
:Regigigas: Regigigas
:Swampert-Mega: Swampert-Mega
B
:Charizard-Mega-Y: Charizard-Mega-Y
:Dondozo: Dondozo
:Ho-Oh: Ho-Oh
:Palkia-Origin: Palkia-Origin
:Slaking: Slaking
:Slowbro-Mega: Slowbro-Mega
B-
:Arceus: Arceus
Arceus-Fire
Arceus-Ground
:Eternatus: Eternatus
:Kartana: Kartana
:Ting-Lu: Ting-Lu
:Xurkitree: Xurkitree
:Yveltal: Yveltal
C+
Arceus-Steel
:Blaziken-Mega: Blaziken-Mega
:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:Steelix-Mega: Steelix-Mega
:Venusaur-Mega: Venusaur-Mega
:Zamazenta-Crowned: Zamazenta-Crowned
C
:Audino-Mega: Audino-Mega
:Celesteela: Celesteela
:Cresselia: Cresselia
:Darmanitan-Zen: Darmanitan-Zen
:Garchomp-Mega: Garchomp-Mega
:Giratina: Giratina
:Giratina-Origin: Giratina-Origin
:Kangaskhan:
Kangaskhan (-Mega)
:Kyurem-Black: Kyurem-Black
:Palkia: Palkia
:Rayquaza: Rayquaza
:Registeel: Registeel
:Snorlax: Snorlax
:Solgaleo: Solgaleo
:Groudon: Groudon
C-
:Chansey: Chansey
:Kyurem-White: Kyurem-White
:Lugia: Lugia
:Necrozma-Ultra: Necrozma-Ultra
:Palafin-Hero: Palafin-Hero
:Scizor-Mega: Scizor-Mega
:Zacian: Zacian
:Reshiram: Reshiram
D
Arceus-Poison
:Doublade: Doublade
:Dragapult: Dragapult
:Guzzlord: Guzzlord
:Melmetal: Melmetal
:Metagross-Mega: Metagross-Mega
:Salamence-Mega: Salamence-Mega
:Tyranitar-Mega: Tyranitar-Mega
:Zekrom: Zekrom
:Ferrothorn: Ferrothorn
:Pheromosa: Pheromosa
:Regieleki: Regieleki

previous thread
previous previous thread

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
sample teams

:zygarde-complete::dialga-origin::arceus-fairy::lunala::gyarados-mega::chansey:
this used to be a team built around mg :mewtwo-mega-y: but then i realized in my games that it wasnt doing a whole lot and that i was using ph :arceus: as the wincon (also the no retreat :lunala: spam was annoying to deal with). basically you have 3 fat walls + chansey to cover most offensive mons, with two of them having koff for useful items like cloak, vest, and hdb. :gyarados-mega: sets and removes hazards while spreading paralysis (it notably lives a :zacian-crowned: unboosted magical torque if you want it crippled). :arceus: patches the :mewtwo-mega-y: and protean/tc :deoxys-attack: matchup because they have se coverage for basically everything except fairy. it usually teras fire so you can lure :zacian-crowned: and ko it with magma storm, and also vastly improve the imposter matchup (though barring crits or being very damaged, you usually win 1v1 anyway).

weaknesses:
:flutter-mane::gengar-mega: normalize can be problematic if your opponent can knock zygc because you get stuck spamming haze and heal order. if youre really desperate you can run corrosive gas over koff which is actually pretty funny on prankster. additionally the team doesnt match up too well against just straight attacking with ghost because :gyarados-mega: isnt too reliable at taking hits. you can change :dialga:/:lunala: tera type to a ghost resist if this becomes too much a problem.
:mewtwo-mega-y: even with all precautions taken mg can still be a problem if your opponent runs some silly set like steel-ground coverage. of course it only has 4 moveslots so you can scout with :chansey: and act accordingly

:flutter-mane::chansey::arceus-water::dialga-origin::kingambit::zygarde-complete:
this is the most correct way to use flutter mane. even without tera you can deal upwards of 39% to premier special wall :dialga-origin: which after some minor chip can turn into an 2hko (also 252 SpA Choice Specs Pixilate Tera Fairy Flutter Mane Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ice Scales Dialga-Origin: 179-211 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery). essentially its like specs :diancie-mega: from gen 8 ndbh except youre faster than :mewtwo-mega-x:/:gengar-mega: so you get so many more chances to force things out. the rest of the team basically just handles things :flutter-mane: cant: :chansey: scouts :mewtwo-mega-y:, :arceus: is the hardest :zacian-crowned: check, :dialga-origin: improofs flutter mane and blankets other special mons, and regenvest :zygarde-complete: scouts other things. prankster z-haze :kingambit: is very silly but revenge killing :mewtwo-mega-y: with sucker punch is extremely funny and the walls here support it for the most part. plus you block imposter healing and it is a chess themed team after all

weaknesses:
mons with really good mixed coverage like fighting move :lunala: or :mewtwo-mega-y: or electric/ice move :mewtwo-mega-x: can be a somewhat difficult matchup but you do have fairy tera :zygarde-complete: to take most hits (besides something insane like oripulse band vcreate). also you have sucker punch for the psychic types!!

:xurkitree::swampert-mega::zacian-crowned::zygarde-complete::arceus-fairy::chansey:
I think I saw anaconja mention Xurkitree as a slow but powerful breakers, did a couple of calcs and found that LO Hadron has really great power while having move switching capabilities. However QD Xurk also came into mind since it had enough speed to outpace Zac at +1, so I ended up with two variants of this team with the exact same mons but different sets. I think the LO one was more consistent because LO clutches up a lot of OHKOs which is important, however the team isn't very adapted to later trends.

Xurk is the main breaker, with LO it OHKOs common walls like neutral Arceus, PDon, and Zyg-C. MegaPert improofs Xurkitree while providing a solid pivot and Knock. Zac-C acts as a speed control and take advantage of certain special walls Xurk cannot deal with. Zyg-C improofs Zac while providing a sturdy physical wall while also providing some pivoting, as well as serving as a MGar pivot, hence the nature. Scales Fairyceus takes the role of a special wall here thanks to its great typing, only really weak to MGar and Etern's Poison STAB. Shed Shell provides useful utility against threats like Dialga-O and Zyg-C, while helping with hazard game.

Team doesn't have the best way to support Xurk through sturdy walls like the growing Dialga-O, with notably a weak hazards game, relying on Imposter to get up hazards and a pretty passive Defogger. Zacian is also walled by many Zyg-C sets, forcing aggressive play with Xurk to capitalize on Zyg. Mixed Deo-A with powerful moves to hit Fairyceus, such as V-create and Gunk Shot is tough to handle. PH Normals also has a strong matchup.

:kyogre-primal::zacian-crowned::zygarde-complete::lunala::arceus-dark::chansey:
Double Dance POgre is a cool offensive PH set that can pressure offensive and defensive mons through the two setup moves. However Dialga-O has been a lot more popular recently and this set can only really burn it if its not Cloak. Consider this team somewhat dated, you can try making a different with an offensive teammate that lures Dialga-O for it.

POgre is the bulky offensive support, threatening burns on non-Cloak mons while massively threatening teams without sturdy Water resists. I decided on Band SoR Zac-C as the offensive partner, don't exactly remember why but it does appreciate stuff getting chipped by POgre while POgre switches in on most Waterceus formes for free. Zyg Lunala Darkceus form a classic FurScalesPrank core, with FC Lunala being an excellent physical catch all while spreading burns with Infernal Parade, improofing Zac-C. I went with Adamant Multi-Attack on Darkceus as the Normalize counterplay to almost OHKO MMY. Lucky Punch was chosen to help patch up the PH weakness.

In matchups against opposing POgre and Dialga-O, especially with Covert Cloak, PH POgre is going to be very unimpactful and team will heavily rely on Zac-C for progress. PH Fairies can be difficult to handle since they switch in relatively freely against all 3 defensive mons, relying on POgre and Imposter to handle. PH Normals with coverage for Lunala can be annoying but there is the Steel Tera.

:gengar-mega::diancie-mega::arceus-water::zygarde-complete::ho-oh::chansey:
A balance team thats focused on using special attackers. The classic 2 attackers and everyone else supports them core allows you to overwhelm would be checks because you pressure with hazards and constant pivoting. Pretty easy team to use overall in my opinion.

Last edited:

anaconja

long day at job
Ladder is up so we'll celebrate with a bang

:sv/annihilape::sv/cyclizar::sv/pawmot::sv/houndstone:
Rage Fist, Shed Tail, Revival Blessing, and Last Respects are now banned in line with Gen 9 BH's ban reasoning.

feel free to discuss some interesting sets. here's one i thought of:

:sv/mewtwo-mega-x:
Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Lumina Crash
- Thunderous Kick
- Ceaseless Edge
- Spiky Shield / Taunt / Knock Off
armed with three attacks all with 100% secondaries, this mon will be very annoying to face unless you have covert cloak.

:sv/miraidon:
Miraidon @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder Cage
- Core Enforcer
- Quiver Dance / Tail Glow
- Baneful Bunker / Taunt / Will-o-Wisp
another phealer. miraidon has a great typing to resist triage with solid defensive stats to boot.

Currently tons of moves are illegal, notably victory dance and the torques, probably because those are new unobtainable gen 9 moves. Also the blessing ban hasn't yet been implemented, so ladder is running some unimproofed nonsense.

Anyways in terms of sets:

:sv/zacian-crowned:
Zacian-Crowned @ Choice Band
Ability: Tinted Lens
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sunsteel Strike
- Gigaton Hammer
- Glacial Lance
- Flip Turn

High quality set you literally can't wall it without a 4x resist or prank sap. With Tera Steel you 2hko every single non-zygarde mon in the game, and zygarde takes heavy damage anyway, not to mention how gigaton hammer picks up ohkos on mons up to and including regigigas' bulk
+2 252 Atk Choice Band Zacian-Crowned Gigaton Hammer vs. +1 252 HP / 252 Def Regigigas: 430-507 (101.4 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(+2 atk +1 def simulates the boost from tera as 2/1.5= 1.33)
Without tera you still manage to 2hko neutral nature arceus after spikes using sunsteel, so it's still massively threatening.
Improofed by pdon.

:sv/deoxys-attack:
Deoxys-Attack @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Fishious Rend
- Lumina Crash
- Electro Drift / Expanding Force
- V-create

Tera Water is funny, even without tera deoxys-attack can be really threatening as rend lets it handle ting lu, who will likely be much more common than arceus-dark both due to opportunity cost and Mgar matchup. Regardless, fishious rend still 2hkoes arceus dark with the LO boost.
Improofed by Gyarados-M with Expanding Force. Improofed by Cloak Giratina with Electro Drift.

Assist can call revival blessing. I feel like that should be fixed. I made this team and I think it would be very annoying to go up against:

Regieleki @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dazzling
Timid Nature
- Assist
- Revival Blessing
- Destiny Bond
- Mimic

Giratina @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Prankster
Bold Nature
- Assist
- Whirlwind
- Destiny Bond
- Mimic

Arceus-Water @ Leppa Berry
Calm Nature
- Assist
- Whirlwind
- Destiny Bond
- Mimic

Chansey (F) @ Lucky Punch
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Calm Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Assist
- Mirror Coat
- Whirlwind

Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Revival Blessing
- Assist
- Baneful Bunker
- Whirlwind

Zygarde-Complete @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Assist
- Transform
- Counter
- Whirlwind

The only move that can be called by assist is revival blessing. So, all the mons can just infinite revive each other and pp stall the opponent.

Got 4th on the ladder here are my thoughts.

There is a reason Revival Blessing is banned in gen 9 balanced hackmons. Artificially extending games is not fun or competitive. I thought revival blessing was fine because it never really changed the outcome of the game (if you're getting swept one extra mon won't turn the tides that much) until I met this set.
Scizor-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Well-Baked Body
Impish Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Anchor Shot
- Revival Blessing
It comes in on a stall mon or something with only fire moves and uses sleep talk's PP to use revival blessing. Combined with the below set, any bulky mon can run makes revival blessing boring.
Dondozo (F) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Harvest
Tera Type: Grass
Impish Nature
- Stone Axe
- Strength Sap
- Revival Blessing
- Mortal Spin

Anyway, enough ranting here's the silly rain team I got to ~1200 (loses to imposter and desolate land/primordial sea).
You can tera for more dmg but idk how to do that in the calc
252+ Atk Choice Band Palafin-Hero Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Giratina in Rain: 254-299 (50.3 - 59.3%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Palafin-Hero Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Kyogre in Rain: 309-364 (76.4 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Palafin-Hero Fishious Rend (170 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Rain: 213-252 (70.2 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
It also has Last Respects which should definitely go on the watch list.

got to top 10 so far (will get higher as ladder's kinda too easy when you can be top ten and be paired with people below 1100) with this team:

:slowbro-mega: :wo-chien: :miraidon: :palafin-hero: :arceus-steel: :zacian-crowned:

as for the individual team members:

:sv/slowbro-mega:

Slowbro-Mega @ Covert Cloak
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Core Enforcer
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Teleport

fat ass mon that blankets almost every physical attacker in the game, from zacian to mmx to palafin. covert cloak lets you avoid stuff such as lumina crash and tkick (while helping against dumb king's rock pop bomb gimmicks ladder uses from time to time). core lets you beat phealers and scald pdon.

:sv/wo-chien:

Wo-Chien @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fire
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Revelation Dance
- Spectral Thief
- U-turn

decent pivot that unlike ting-lu takes rend quite well and checks ogre. also beats norm gar with revelation dance and improofs mirai with spectral (burns suck but then again this is just an emergency improof as mirai's quite selfproof).

Miraidon @ Toxic Orb
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Thunder Cage
- Will-O-Wisp
- Core Enforcer

:sv/palafin-hero:

Palafin-Hero @ Toxic Orb
Adamant Nature
- Victory Dance
- Fishious Rend
- Taunt
- Glacial Lance

broken pheal sweepers, not much to say here. mirai checks triage mcy which is otherwise a pain.

:sv/arceus-steel:

Arceus-Steel @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Haze
- Recover
- Encore
- Anchor Shot

decent prank mon that beats fairies, used arc as my arc slot hadn't been used.

Zacian-Crowned @ Wide Lens
Ability: Pixilate
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Population Bomb
- Strength Sap
- Collision Course

has defensive utility, has hazard control, has nuke, has speed. what does this mon not have really. gets kinda screwed by helmet tho so watch out for that.

so far only lost one game with this team, where i got a 3-hit population bomb followed by completely missing it (99 acc my ass). pretty consistent i'd say, partly thanks to the two broken ass wincons.

Hyper offense Miradion set
It can do a lot of damage to anything that isn't a ground type, but you can use ice beam to take out ground types

Miraidon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Hadron Engine
Tera Type: Electric/Fairy/Fire
Timid/Modest Nature
- Rising Voltage
- Ice Beam
- Core Enforcer/Dragon Energy/Draco Meteor/Trick
- Volt Switch/Trick

anaconja

long day at job
for some reason, you can't use Greninja-Ash
it says it isn't in the National Dex
however, you can use it in gen 9 national dex and gen 8 BH

(if it gets fixed or something reply to me and I will delete this)
greninja-ash isn't allowed in ndbh or national dex because battle bond was reworked in gen 9 not to change form, effectively making the form nonexistent. next best thing is palafin-hero but the speed and lack of second stab makes it pretty mediocre

Ladder is up so we'll celebrate with a bang

:sv/annihilape::sv/cyclizar::sv/pawmot::sv/houndstone:
Rage Fist, Shed Tail, Revival Blessing, and Last Respects are now banned in line with Gen 9 BH's ban reasoning.

feel free to discuss some interesting sets. here's one i thought of:

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Toxic Orb
Naive Nature
- Lumina Crash
- Thunderous Kick
- Ceaseless Edge
- Spiky Shield / Taunt / Knock Off
armed with three attacks all with 100% secondaries, this mon will be very annoying to face unless you have covert cloak.

Miraidon @ Toxic Orb
Modest / Timid Nature
- Thunder Cage
- Core Enforcer
- Quiver Dance / Tail Glow
- Baneful Bunker / Taunt / Will-o-Wisp
another phealer. miraidon has a great typing to resist triage with solid defensive stats to boot.
Does the mewtwo set imply that Megas are supposed to be able to terastallize? While laddering I've been finding that they can't, so I'm curious if that's a problem on my side or if that's normal.

anaconja

long day at job
Does Dauntless Shield / Intrepid Sword work as it did in Gen 8 or 9?
it's a gen 9 meta so it works as it does in gen 9

Does the mewtwo set imply that Megas are supposed to be able to terastallize? While laddering I've been finding that they can't, so I'm curious if that's a problem on my side or if that's normal.
no, that was a mistake on my end as i hadn't realized at that time that megas and primals (that haven't reverted) can't terastalize

couple more sets

:sv/groudon-primal::sv/zacian-crowned:
Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Dauntless Shield / Intrepid Sword
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Solar Beam / Solar Blade
- Ceaseless Edge / Mortal Spin
- Synthesis

Zacian-Crowned @ Rocky Helmet / Covert Cloak
Ability: Primordial Sea
Jolly Nature
- Magical Torque
- Fishious Rend
- Rapid Spin / Ceaseless Edge
- Strength Sap / Heal Order
very useful core of a physical midground and special midground, respectively. they improof each other very well (catch blissey trying to solar beam and you can just ohko it immediately) and are just very effective at forcing progress. just bring something to hit fc users.

:sv/arceus-dark:
Arceus (Arceus-Dark) @ Covert Cloak
Ability: Opportunist
Tera Type: Fairy / Poison / Steel
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow / Throat Chop / Knock Off / Ceaseless Edge
- Pursuit
- Spicy Extract
- Strength Sap
more of a meme but sometimes effective nonetheless, this mon can come in on stuff like giratina or nuzzle spammers and click spicy extract for an effective +6 atk to use with its dark stab of choice and pursuit. one time i extracted a fc chansey and pursuited it for 82%, it was crazy. be careful of extracting actual physical threats though like mmx/zacian/pdon cause youll have a bad time lol

i improofed this with good as gold zacian-c but if youre funny you can try defiant something

Some thoughts with my personal VR at this point. Haven't really played much and definitely haven't played many competent teams.
Copy pasted from previous thread
Viability Rankings
:Chansey: Chansey (Imposter)
Chansey is still incredible as always and, considering the dominant mons in the meta, introduction of Covert Cloak, and relative decline of some mons that were more hostile to it, it still remains as arguably the best mon in the meta.
:Mewtwo-Mega-Y:
Mewtwo-Mega-Y
MMY benefits enormously from the new toys. Lumina Crash straight up mandates Dark-types and/or Cloak, while it then has numerous possible abilities and sets to pick and choose from, such as the classic Sheer Force, Magic Guard, and Psysurge, to the new Libero and Hadron. Arguably only held back by the presence of Imposter and Zacian-C
:Zacian-Crowned: Zacian-Crowned
While Zac-c got nerfed, it also got unrestricted, allowing it to run any ability and any item, greatly increasing its diversity. Magical Torque is also an incredible addition, allowing it to fusionhax through some checks. Defensive utility sets are also incredible thanks to its absurd speed and decent bulk.
:Blissey:
Blissey (Imposter)
Covert Cloak, as mentioned before, is an incredible item on Imposter, and since the item basically announces itself immediately anyways, Blissey becomes a reasonable option if you want marginally more bulk and maybe some improofing utility. Main downside is not being able to run the Lucky Punch.
:Groudon-Primal:
Groudon-Primal
Zac-C being dominant and PDon is a great check, while providing the same offensive utility as before. On top of that, it can run pre-primal ISword to gain a one time nuke.
:Gengar-Mega:
Gengar-Mega
MGar doesn't appreciate two dominant offensive mons being faster and can OHKO it. Its strength as a Ghost-type attacker also somewhat receives competition from MMY's Libero set.
Arceus-Water
Still incredibly good defensively against Zac-C and PDon despite AshGren gone, its unique weaknesses completely warps many offensive mons to run specific coverage for it.
:Zygarde-Complete:
Zygarde-Complete
Zyg-C got a few things: GLance got nerfed along with Torque being introduced makes Zac-C not really run GLance anymore, which means FC Zyg is actually can potentially check it, while Zyg is less punishable by it; Cloak doesn't block Thousand Waves, so Zyg greatly enjoys being able to trap non-Shell imposters; Tera enables a huge amount of defensive potential for Zyg.
Arceus-Dark
Best Dark by a mile, does Dark stuff while also being one of the more viable Pursuit mons to just eliminate MMY.
Arceus-Fairy
Still great.
:Kyogre-Primal:
Kyogre-Primal
Kyogre is still an incredibly dangerous threat because none of its checks are particularly good in the meta, with the best one probably being Dialga-O (pdon isn't an actual check). Defensively its also decent, can sponge special attacks and has good matchups against stuff like Waterceus and Zyg.
:Mewtwo-Mega-X:
Mewtwo-Mega-X
MMX can be a really strong wallbreaker, but it struggles with its speed tier against Zac-C, MMY, Deo-A, and tying MGar. It also kind of doesn't want to click its STABs so it leans towards a Libero breaking set instead.
:Xerneas:
Xerneas
I think Xerneas is completely justifiable over Fairyceus, extra damage output matters against stuff like Etern and Dialga-O, both of which Fairyceus never 2hkos at +1. Arceus slot is also valuable.
Arceus-Ghost
Idt anything changed
:Deoxys-Attack:
Deoxys-Attack
Deo-A can do a lot of what MMY does, but with a bonus of outspeeding Zac-C AND being able to Tera, which can massively increase its offensive potential. It still dies to pretty much everything even with Tera though.
:ting-lu:
Ting-Lu (EDITED)
Good dark option that also blocks Volt Switch instead of taking a million. Excellent alternative to Yveltal since Yveltal has boots and Electric weaknesses. Also has incredible physical bulk. Notably, Ice Scales actually walls a lot of MMY sets because those rely on Electric moves to bypass Scales
:Yveltal: Yveltal
I think Yveltal is alright as probably the next viable Dark. It also has a bit more power than Darkceus for stuff like offensive sets and Pursuit.
:Diancie-Mega:
Diancie-Mega
I think Diancie is just really not good here, it has no bulk, shit defensive typing, and a very poor speed tier that makes it very difficult to make any progress. Also as Fairy-type attackers Xern and Fairyceus both can Tera which also gives it heavy competition.
:Eternatus:
Eternatus
Offensive sets suffer from stuff like Zac-C while defensively it doesn't really check anything. Definitely hurt by loss of AshGren as it used to be a great check to that.
:Ho-Oh:
Ho-Oh
While Ho-Oh can't really run Cloak its still really good as a Fairy-check and can potentially check Zac-C. Orichalcum Pulse sets are also insanely strong.
:miraidon:Miraidon
Offensive sets compared to old Zekroms benefit by having a good special attack, meaning it can easily bypass both Zyg and PDon, as well as stuff like Pert, the most common Electric switch-ins. Defensively its probably the most viable Triage check in the meta thats not inconsistent like Psysurge. RegenVest sets have a really good speed tier to scout MGar and outspeed it, outspeed all the Triage mons (+ resist Magma Storm from CharY), and are not the worst to improof (you need a ground that doesn't take too much from Core or you could just skip Core)
:Regigigas: Regigigas
:Slaking: Slaking
Consistent as always mons. Slaking gets a little better compared to G8 due to Zac-C but Regigigas is still better for anti opposing PH. Norm sets are also popping up a bit.
:Slowbro-Mega:
Slowbro-Mega (EDITED)
Incredible physical wall, Psychic-type weaknesses are not relevant to checking Zacian so the only issue is against defensive mons utility moves.
:Swampert-Mega: Swampert-Mega
Likes no AshGren because it didn't actually resist Water so you needed another check. Solid pivot to Zac-C with FC, checks PDon, blocks some Volt Switches.
:Arceus: Arceus
Same old, Tidy Up is nice role compression.
Arceus-Steel
Good Steel-type.
:Charizard-Mega-Y: Charizard-Mega-Y
Both enjoys and detests Miraidon, its a good viable improof but its also a hard check.
:dondozo:
Dondozo (EDITED)
I think it gets heavy competition from Mega Slowbro but its very formidable at checking a lot of physical threats.
:Giratina:
Giratina
I really don't like this mon, loses to every significant offensive threat while being immensely passive and imposter weak.
:Dialga-Origin: Dialga-Origin
Dialga but better, extra SpD is fantastic and its typing distinguishes itself from other Steel-types by resisting Electric and Water. Not having a fairy resistance or dragon resistance sucks but those are not that hard to fit on a team anyways.
:Kartana:
Kartana
Doesn't actually have many checks since Grass STAB is really good to complement Steel in this meta. Gigaton Hammer is also an interesting tech.
:Palkia-Origin: Palkia-Origin
It cannot run Rend but it has 120 speed, and Water-type offensively as STAB is pretty spooky
:Solgaleo:
Solgaleo
4x Psychic resistance is useful against Lumina if you get knocked, also decent Steel-type.
Arceus-Fire
:Gyarados-Mega:
Gyarados-Mega
I don't think Gyarados is very good, its bulk is very lacklustre and Fairy-moves are very common while it cannot check MGar very well.
:Koraidon: Koraidon
Koraidon seems decent, it competes with Zamazenta-H and MMX but it has a dragon STAB to help deal with stuff like Zyg. I think this might be a overrate though.
:Zamazenta-Crowned:
Zamazenta-Crowned
Psychic and Fairy neutrality makes this thing pretty much worthless. Also got nerfed.
:Audino-Mega: Audino-Mega
:Blaziken-Mega: Blaziken-Mega
It got OPulse so it can do some insane damage but its incredibly slow and fat waters are/should be very popular
:Guzzlord:
Guzzlord
Has some fringe use with Imposter-proofing + Imposter
:Lunala:
Lunala
Decent defensively and has good offensive presence. Unfortunately has to pick between Cloak and Spooky Plate
:Metagross-Mega: Metagross-Mega
:Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: Necrozma-Dusk-Mane
:Palkia: Palkia
Has to use Fishious to not get outclassed basically.
:Snorlax: Snorlax
:xurkitree: Xurkitree (EDITED)
LO Hadron Engine Rising Voltage ohkos Arceus, Ice Beam ohkos Zyg-C and Earth Power ohkos PDon, very very strong wallbreaker that also isn't choice locked, making it a decent option despite the speed tier.
:Zacian: Zacian
No longer has the funny ISword set but it does get Torque so PH sets might not be bad, DID get nerfed though so might need to drop
:Celesteela:
Celesteela
No bulk
:Darmanitan-Zen:
Darmanitan-Zen
Decent Fire-type that has a bonus of being a Psychic, decent Zac-C MMY check compressed
:Garchomp-Mega:
Garchomp-Mega
Very not good, you can improof with Earth Eater at least
:Giratina-Origin: Giratina-Origin
:Kyurem-Black: Kyurem-Black
:Melmetal: Melmetal
:Necrozma-Ultra: Necrozma-Ultra
Should've been dropped, but it got Lumina, so maybe Lumina + Z-move can be quite decent.
:Rayquaza: Rayquaza
Band ISword doesn't sound too bad
:Registeel:
Registeel
We like to meme but Regi isn't that bad
:Salamence-Mega: Salamence-Mega
:Scizor-Mega: Scizor-Mega
:Suicune: Suicune
:Venusaur-Mega: Venusaur-Mega
:Tyranitar-Mega:
Tyranitar-Mega
Horrible typing
:Beedrill-Mega:
Beedrill-Mega
Use Deoxys-A, or even Pheromosa, at least that outspeeds Zac-C
:Chansey: Chansey
:Lugia: Lugia
:Steelix-Mega: Steelix-Mega
:Tapu Fini: Tapu Fini
:Zekrom:
Zekrom
Miraidon
Arceus-Ice
Arceus-Psychic
Still has a strong Future Sight and hey Cress got nerfed.
:Cresselia: Cresselia
RIP, nerfed for no reason
:Dragapult: Dragapult
:Kangaskhan:
:kangaskhanite:
Kangaskhan (-Mega)
No defensive utility
:Kyurem-White: Kyurem-White
:Latias-Mega: Latias-Mega
:Magearna:
Magearna
Only exists to run alongside Zac-C when Zac-C is busy doing other stuff, even then bulk is too shit
:sceptile-mega: Sceptile-Mega
Its fast and can deal serious damage with Specs Maw, you have to chip Zac and predict a Blue Flare and hope its not WBB though.
:Aerodactyl-Mega:
Aerodactyl-Mega
Use Deo-A
Arceus-Ground
Don't see the appeal of running this
Arceus-Poison
Bait for everything
:Greninja-Ash:
Greninja-Ash
RIP

Last edited:
Some thoughts with my personal VR at this point. Haven't really played much and definitely haven't played many competent teams.
Viability Rankings
Chansey is placed in both S+ and C- tier

Some thoughts:
:Wo-chien:Surprised to not see this fella get mentioned even on UR, being able to compress a MMY, Ogre, Mirai, and MGar checks all in one is quite fantastic and its genrally great to stop a lot of sweepers on its tracks with specthief. Assault vest is generally great paired with either regenerator or unaware. Can see this in b+ or b tier.
:Ting-lu: After a 10 win streak or so I had playing the first L i took was against a random fella running this thing with an insane Good as Gold Power trip set with tera ghost. Regardless of that it is generally a solid mon that takes on the electrics of the tier with surprising ease and can probably also handle psychics well enough.
:miraidon: Also feel this fella should raise a bit. Decently fast and can work as a pheal quiver sweeper.

anaconja

long day at job
Viability Rankings
agree with most of this but:
:dondozo: personally feel that dondozo is on par with slowbromega despite the slightly lower physical bulk because
youre not weak to uturn/koff/specthief which increases its effective bulk against walls. also has slightly higher special bulk if that matters
:ting-lu: id put tinglu higher to maybe yveltal level (or downgrade yveltal a level, the rocks weakness forcing boots or regen is pretty disappointing) because of its massive bulk, the electric immune makes it a very good check to hadron guys plus it has slowbromega level physical bulk and underspeeds most of the meta
:gyarados-mega: gyarados is fairly unexplored honestly, it has a good pheal set with rend, koff/edge, spin/tidy/dragon dance, and wisp/glare which makes it a useful utility mon. kinda disappointing bulk sometimes though
:blaziken-mega: band cum pulse ohkod a fc dialga-o. b- very possible

maybe id add :xurkitree: to d or c- it has insane power but requires webs and is somewhat tricky to improof

:Wo-chien:Surprised to not see this fella get mentioned even on UR, being able to compress a MMY, Ogre, Mirai, and MGar checks all in one is quite fantastic and its genrally great to stop a lot of sweepers on its tracks with specthief. Assault vest is generally great paired with either regenerator or unaware. Can see this in b+ or b tier.
:Ting-lu: After a 10 win streak or so I had playing the first L i took was against a random fella running this thing with an insane Good as Gold Power trip set with tera ghost. Regardless of that it is generally a solid mon that takes on the electrics of the tier with surprising ease and can probably also handle psychics well enough.
:miraidon: Also feel this fella should raise a bit. Decently fast and can work as a pheal quiver sweeper.
:wo-chien: wochien just has way too many weaknesses - fairy, ice, fire, poison, and especially bug cripple it very significantly. mmy mgar and offensive ogre all use fairy, poison, and ice coverage, and it always has to fear uturn from pivots which really detracts from its own pivoting potential (unless you tera, in which you used tera on a relatively middling bulk mon). in my opinion its not worth using over tinglu or darkceus - its one upside over them is a water/ground resistance, and gren-ash no longer exists and the relevant ground users smash you with coverage anyway

:ting-lu: that tinglu set sounds like it crumples to specthief/haze

:miraidon: i think miraidon is fine where it is. its fast but its stabs both having immunes makes choice sets middling while setup sets have kinda meh power (ive been using zac-c as a special soft check on some of my teams and +1 miraidon fails to 2hko it with thunderbolt which is just really sad).

Clas

My death was... greatly exaggerated
is a Tiering Contributor
feels like people forgot about this mon after the ashgren removal but no intro needed (note i havent tested this mon this gen, but we all know what it does)

:ss/barraskewda:
Barraskewda @ Choice Band
Ability: Primordial Sea
Tera Type: Water / Ground
Jolly Nature
- Fishious Rend
- Flip Turn / U-Turn
- Headlong Rush / Glacial Lance / Jet Punch / idk
- Trick / Toxic / Glacial Lance / Jet Punch / idk

notably outspeeds unboosted mirai + ofc bullies everything that doesnt resist barring a few majorly bulky mons like megabro and gira (which gets bullied by specs mirai, which is a super nice pairing). slower than mmy + zac-c and so either para or scarf support is required, but para is broken so can be easily dealt with. pdon/dland also (minimum) softwalls but uturn bypasses and toxic can help beat aromaless teams as a surprise option (and again miraidon exists). dont see it much better than ctbh but still the best psea attacker on the physical side.

Apparently, according to mechanics research 1 month ago, the item Ability Shield protects the holder's ability from being affected by Mold Breaker/Teravolt/Turboblaze. Link to thread. Upon testing, I found out that it also protects the holder's ability from being affected by the Moldy Moves (Sunsteel Strike, Moongeist Beam, Photon Geyser).
What this means for NDBH:
- Fur Coat and Ice Scales are not bypassed by Mold Breaker or the respective Mold Breaker moves.
- Magic Bounce can reflect stuff from Mold Breaker, including Taunt, entry hazards, status, etc.
- Some lesser stuff like Immunity abilities working against Moldy, status immune abilities like GaG and Salt working against Moldy,

Of these the most significant is undoubtly the first point. For a long time, the presence of Moldy moves has practically mandated Fur Coat users resist at least Steel while Ice Scales users resist at least Ghost, which is why you see the big FC users being stuff like Water-types and sometimes Steel-types, while Ice Scales users are predominantly Dark-types with the rare Normal-type present.
But now, for the cost of holding an Ability Shield, any type can utilize FurScales without fearing being bypassed by the Moldy moves. This means we will see Pokemon being considered as FurScales users for their matchup against general common moves of the category. It also frees up teambuilding quite a bit, as we are not restricted to SpD Dark-types to check threats like MGar anymore. Some examples include:
- Fur Coat Ghostceus has great bulk and only 2 weaknesses, both of which are not super common nor strong, with the strongest being Wicked Blow. It does miss being able to hold Spooky Plate though.
- Ice Scales Steel-types such as Steelceus, Zamazenta-C, and Zacian-C have enough bulk to check threats like Mega Gengar while not being weak to the common electric coverage run by MMY, though the former 2 do fear Precipice Blades.
(These are just two fast examples I thought of).

so this guy exists

:sv/zekrom:

Zekrom @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Fairy / Dragon / Electric
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Bolt Strike
- Glaive Rush
- Strength Sap / Power Whip / Headlong Rush

setup sweeper that feasts on the fc waters and that can potentially kill about everything. sap's the most standard option for the last slot, though you can tech whip if you want to beat fc mpert, or headlong if you're really desperate at OHKOing pdon (which tanks a boosted glaive from full by the skin of its teeth). tera fairy lets you beat fc dialga provided they try to core you while also taking other cores. you can also use same type tera if you want the OHKO on very fat fcs (mbro/tina depending on type, though you do miss out on the fc zygarde OHKO). also resists triage owing and really haven't seen basically any -ate espeed users this gen. as for improofing, provided it gets past your tera fairy, fc dialga with spectral's good and so are fc ghosts. alternatively you could go for some shit like motor drive zacian if you want to ig. not that many setup opportunities but can at least do so on a choiced mirai/some triager it scares out.

as for the ability shield thing, i honestly have my doubts about fc waters falling off, as if you don't run a fat steel resist you're one knock off away from losing your zacian switchin. this creates a deadly mindgame of will the zac knock off my ability shield or gut my knock absorber, sure pdon takes both well but zac can very well tera ground and headlong you to death.

:sv/pheromosa:

Pheromosa @ Choice Band
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Headlong Rush / V-Create
- Glacial Lance / Triple Axel / Ice Hammer
- Bolt Strike / Fishious Rend / Sunsteel Strike / V-Create / Trick

I've had a surprising amount of success with this phero as a Offensive pivot/revenge killer. U-turn OHKOs Mmy and Deo-A, while Tera Ground Headlong Rush OHKOs Zac-C and Primal Groudon. V-Create kills most steel mons including Zac-C and Arceus-Steel without the need for Terastallization, but you do have to worry about PrimSea or WBB. Ice moves are there to hit dragons, Glacial lance is the least powerful, but it has no drawbacks. Triple Axel is risk/reward, having the most damage, including a guaranteed OHKO on Zyg-C if it's not fur coat, and 2HKO on fc Zyg-C with Fur Coat after Leftovers, but it does have a chance to miss. Last slot can be used on just about anything you like. Bolt Strike hits bulky waters, Fishious Rend OHKOs Zac-C using PrimSea to avoid fire attacks without the need for Terastallization and provides strong neutral coverage, Sunsteel Strike hits tera fairy Zacian and fur coat walls for extra damage (although typically you'll want to pivot into a wallbreaker to deal with fc users), V-Create can cover for Earth Eater steels that ignore Headlong Rush and trick can be used to shut down utility mons.

Edit: Forgot to mention, you can improof with just about any FC. Even Zyg-C is safe as long as Blissey doesn't have Band, but I'venever seen banded blissey before so.

Last edited:
small team dump time:

:zekrom: :charizard-mega-y: :arceus-fairy: :zacian-crowned: :mewtwo-mega-x: :lunala:

tried out some screens HO for the luls, with a screener that improofed zek. not the best choice but it wasn't totally useless at least and won me some games.

:flutter mane: :reshiram: :zacian-crowned: :palkia: :ting-lu: :arceus-steel:

tried to make flutter work. bad team, don't use.

:mewtwo-mega-x: :miraidon: :dialga: :lunala: :groudon-primal: :yveltal:

pretty solid team with two good offensive mons that synergize pretty well.

as for some individual mon highlights:

:sv/lunala:

Lunala @ Life Orb
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Dark / Normal
Rash Nature
- No Retreat
- Stored Power
- Astral Barrage
- Collision Course

variation of tea guzzler's ss bh lunala (this one) with collision course. +2 CoC OHKOs darkceus and after minor chip, ting-lu. tera dark's great to self-improof, while normal lets you dodge spectrals and chansey's astral.

edit: ok so i completely forgot about dawn wings' existence. you can use the same set with ndw to use the higher attack for a better ting-lu matchup, though it's way more predictable as that's kinda the only thing ndw isn't hopelessly outclassed at so it's some big prank food. overall, ndw finally has a niche in a meta people, rejoice

Lunala @ Ability Shield
Bold Nature
- Heal Order
- Infernal Parade
- Rapid Spin / Core Enforcer / Nuzzle / Aromatherapy / idk
- whatever you want

infernal parade's hex+ghost scald, which lets you annoy the crap out of physical attackers. great mmx improof too and with the new ability shield also take sunsteels well.

Mewtwo-Mega-X @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Tera Type: Psychic
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Photon Geyser
- Strength Sap / Glacial Lance
- Swords Dance

not that easy to set up but if you do the opponent's in some real trouble. +2 geyser OHKOes neutral arcs after a layer of spikes and without some fat ass prank/lunala/mbro you team can perfectly just die. superb synergy with specs mirai too, which baits in the passive ting-lu and u-turns to mmx to start destroying stuff. seriously mirai+mmx is a match made in heaven.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
While I retired from OMs, this is considered Other Tiers.
:):v4:
This is a strong lead set:
:sv/deoxys-attack:
Deoxys-Attack @ Focus Sash
Ability: Psychic Surge
Tera Type: Psychic
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Expanding Force
- Reversal
- Destiny Bond
- Fishious Rend

Disarm priority, Improof via Sash, Reversal Steels that tank Expanding Force (after triggering Sash), and Fishous anything else, my set is able to usually secure at least 2 KOs on an average game (when factoring in Destiny Bond).

252 SpA Deoxys-Attack Expanding Force (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Arceus-Water in Psychic Terrain: 228-268 (51.3 - 60.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Weak to Salt Cure, and multi-hit moves like Population Bomb, but if Sash is already broken when struck, then Destiny Bond is the remedy for that.

Self-explanatory overall, the goal is to lead and strike quickly before letting Destiny Bond double-KO a foe, allowing you to send in an ally that can exploit Psychic Surge.

Second:

Zacian-Crowned @ Flame Orb
Ability: Pixilate
Adamant Nature
- Heal Order
- Psycho Shift
- Facade
- Victory Dance / Tidy Up

An old Gen 8 classic got an immense upgrade.

Steel-typing allows it to tank Imposter even easier than Zacian-Uncrowned would in BH8, and off 150 base attack, it hits anything relevant and lacking Fur Coat for a 2HKO or 1HKO without a boost.

Tera into Fairy for a free 33% boost, to secure additional KOs, and to survive Ground / Fire moves that break its Steel form. With even Heal Order only having 16 PP, while Facade has 24 PP, it can stall many Pokemon, and can set up Victory Dance, if needed.

Tidy Up can be used as a way to support the team, when Def is unnecessary, but it makes it easier for Imposter to gradually set up against you.

Adamant allows you to secure that 2HKO vs Arceus, and its set-up move can supplement for Speed.

252+ Atk Pixilate Zacian-Crowned Facade (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Arceus: 234-276 (52.7 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While it's coverage is limited against Fire types, such as Groudon Primal, it can still hit most foes hard, and spread Burns along the way, regardless of the foe's Magic Bounce, Flash Fire, and Primordial Sea / Desolate Land that would block Will-o-Wisp, Lava Plume, Scald, etc.

*No Tera into Fairy was used for the calc, it just naturally does hit that hard, with absolutely zero set-up.

______
:sv/Necrozma-Dawn-Wings:
Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Fist Plate
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Astral Barrage
- Boomburst
- Judgment

The goal here is to set-up and 1HKO most things, including Imposter.

Imposter is thwarted when you Tera into Normal to block their Astral Barrage, and fire off a 4x effective Astral of your own.

This cleanly 1HKO's Eviolite Chansey, and allows you to also block Spectral Thief.

By using Tera into Normal, you do not have to settle for Judgment with Spooky Plate, and can opt for a stronger Fighting move (than Secret Sword), or any type coverage you prefer. The goal is to allow Imposter to stay in and try to KO you, as you KO with your own.

Boomburst works nicely to gain STAB off its new Normal type, and hits neutral targets very well.

Speed Nature is used so after 1 Speed boost (417 Speed) you outspeed Mega-Mewtwo-Y (416 Speed) by 1 Speed point.

Tail Glow takes care of the mass damage.

Megas, Primals, Ultra Necrozma, and any base with option to Mega (holding item, etc.) is unable to Tera, so you cannot use Tera on Mega Gengar.

Last edited:
:sv/Necrozma-Dawn-Wings:
Necrozma-Dawn-Wings @ Fist Plate
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Astral Barrage
- Boomburst
- Judgment

The goal here is to set-up and 1HKO most things, including Imposter.

Imposter is thwarted when you Tera into Normal to block their Astral Barrage, and fire off a 4x effective Astral of your own.

This cleanly 1HKO's Eviolite Chansey, and allows you to also block Spectral Thief.

By using Tera into Normal, you do not have to settle for Judgment with Spooky Plate, and can opt for a stronger Fighting move (than Secret Sword), or any type coverage you prefer. The goal is to allow Imposter to stay in and try to KO you, as you KO with your own.

Boomburst works nicely to gain STAB off its new Normal type, and hits neutral targets very well.

Speed Nature is used so after 1 Speed boost (417 Speed) you outspeed Mega-Mewtwo-Y (416 Speed) by 1 Speed point.

Tail Glow takes care of the mass damage.

Megas, Primals, Ultra Necrozma, and any base with option to Mega (holding item, etc.) is unable to Tera, so you cannot use Tera on Mega Gengar.
feel this this ndw set is done much better by this guy:

:sv/arceus-ghost:

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Tera Type: Ghost
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Judgment
- Secret Sword
- Strength Sap

self-improof without teraing and has a lot more defensive utility, shrugging off knock thanks to its spooky plate being unknockable and having a better matchup vs. regenvest ting-lu thanks to sword. sap's also good for any physical attacker that wants to 1v1 you. great cleaner btw. speaking of good HO mons:

:sv/eternatus:

Eternatus @ Earth Plate
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Fairy / Dragon / Normal / whatever the hell you want
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Core Enforcer
- Judgment
- Final Gambit

eternatus is back to do what it does best: killing itself in front of special walls! can't ohko ting-lu which massively sucks but a near-death ting can't really check anything so as long as you don't give it free turns you're good. pairs very well with the aforementioned ghostceus, sacking itself on a special wall for it to start wrecking stuff. example of a team with those two:

https://pokepast.es/2c0306e8b8fcffe9

prank gambit zygarde emergency checks stuff and can potentially trade with zygarde/ting-lu while no retreat ndw beats most standard special walls with collision course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)