Pet Mod Bust a Move (Playable on Dragon Heaven!) [See you in SV!]

originally I wasn't gonna do this since everyone else was doing it, but whatever I will. (keep in mind i did very little play testing, since there was no one to play with. SO most of this is just predictions based on my competitive experience)

VoolPool's BAM Move Viability Rankings

S Tier-
Top moves that are maybe a little too strong
Razor Wind(try this on thundy LOL)
Dive (lol pelliper dive and bring in band daunt to kill whatever in it face)

A Tier- Solid splashable moves
Seed Bomb (ferrothorn, mega venasuaur likey
Rock Smash (ez hazard removal)
Burning Jealousy (Sacrificing 10 bp to punish set up seems like a good deal)
Soak (After nerf, still great on stall)
Sychronoise (slowking cant beat psychic types no longer)
Erie Spell (stop the recover spam boi)
corrosive gas

B Tier- Decent moves, that are good on specific Pokemon.
Jaw Lock
Skitter Smack(bug types just arent great)
Trick Or Treat
Fairy Wind (sleep talk)

C Tier- Moves with specific niches that are usually not worth a move slot.
Sing ( bad acc buff to 75%)
Ice Ball (flame charge)
Sparkling Aria (scald burn nice but god for physical offense)
Strength (break thru steel, rock isnt good enough)
Octazooka (bad acc and scald is usually better)
Ominous Wind (omni boost move but people can outplay quite ez)

D Tier- Moves that are horrible to use and are 95% of the time outclassed by another move.
Forest's Curse(Can we buff this to 1/8th and forget the binding band)

Ahh I want more moves already so i can update this

Alright, I'm back! Thanks to everyone who has participated during this discussion phase! It's been nice hearing all the thoughts our little community has on what progress we've made so far (and did let us nip a balance concern in the bud preemptively). I am happy with how this went, although we may try a thing or two the next time we go on break. First off, a couple of quick announcements!
_____
1624659677519.png
As you may have already seen, we are currently in the running for Pet Mod of the Season! PMotS basically allows the broader community to highlight a mod, allowing it far more attention than it may otherwise get. Naturally, the fact that we're up for this so early into our mod's lifespan is a huge honor regardless of whether we win.
____
1624659728568.png
1624659797326.png
1624659761726.png
1624659811200.png
1624659781710.png
1624659826653.png
As far as playability is concerned, I can confirm that a patch containing our versions of Sing, Soak (nerfed version), Forest's Curse, Ice Ball, Octazooka and Seed Bomb has been submitted to Dragon Heaven. Hopefully it should be approved soon, so look forward to using these moves. On the flip side, though, the coding process has also encountered some complexities, namely for the revised versions of Dive, Corrosive Gas and Trick-or-Treat, which have proven highly difficult given their natures. As such, there is a good chance that these three moves will be revised before they finally appear on Dragon Heaven; alternatively, we would need to bring additional coder(s) onboard to deal with these three. Regardless of how these three moves are handled, it's probably going to be a while before any version of these three become playable. While creativity is still the most important factor of this mod, keep in mind for the future that someone does actually have to program the winning submissions at some point.
_____
1624659591512.png
1624659307189.png
1624659256351.png

Slate 8: Give it Away
And now, onto the new slate. HP management is key part of Pokemon, so the ability to heal off damage is normally a welcome addition to any arsenal. However, a few healing moves don't quite pack the revitalization necessary to be a consistent option, such as the case for our next three cases: Dream Eater, Life Dew and Parabolic Charge. Dream Eater, part of a classic combo from the RBY days, has one obvious drawback in that it completely fails unless a specific condition is met, one that can screwed over by RNG and other statuses. Life Dew is a Doubles specific healing option, so only heals 25% max HP, making it outclassed in Singles; even in Doubles, though, there is the implicit issue that the format is usually not geared towards defensive play, so passive healing moves are generally less good there compared to Singles. Parabolic Charge gives the power of draining to the Electric type, and to boot it hits all Pokemon on the field in Doubles. Which makes it all the more baffling that it is limited to a mediocre 65 BP, a move too weak in Singles and even weaker in Doubles considering how the damage is spread out. Some specific notes:
  • Keep in mind that, when done properly, healing is a very good effect. As such, you should avoid attaching too much healing to any one move. See the successful healing and draining moves if you need an example of how to balance these moves properly.​
  • In the case of Life Dew, be wary of how you buff the move should you choose to keep its canon effect of healing the user's partner in Doubles.​
_______
The poll for next slate is now open, so go ahead and vote for which moves you want to see altered in Slate 9! You can vote for as many as you want, or stop by the BaM Discord if there's any other slates you want to suggest.
1624660177090.png
>>>Slate 9 Poll <<<
1624660181085.png

_______
Submitters will have until 12:00 GMT on Saturday, July 3rd, or about one week from now, to get your submissions in. Make sure you read the rules in the first post; I have recently considered reworking the limits on the distribution rule, and I will have more to say once that's been changed. With everything said, get out there and Bust a Move!

Parabolic Charge
Type: Electric
Special
75 BP
100% Acc
10 (16) PP
Secondary Effect: The user is healed by 50% of the damage dealt. Hits all adjacent pokemon.
New Users: :rotom:and forms
Viable Users: :heliolisk::dedenne::rotom:and forms
Description: Giga Drain clone. The damage boost helps it to become actual useful.

Life Dew
Type: Water
Status
5 (8) PP
Secondary Effect: Heals the user by 50% of their max hp and heal its status conditions. In doubles, heals the user and allies by 25% of their max hp and heal their status conditions.
New Users: :manaphy::alomomola::luvdisc:
Viable Users: :clefable::chansey::blissey::jirachi::goodra:
Description: With a buff of also healing status conditions this move can be used in singles.

Dream Eater
Type: Psychic
Special
70 BP
100 Acc
15 (24) PP
Secondary Effect: Does double damage if the target is asleep.
New Users: none
Viable Users: :mew::gengar::clefable::blissey:
Description: Hypnosis and Sing + Dream Eater does lots of damage. Gengar also gets Hex.

Last edited:
Move Name: Life Dew
Type:

BP: -
PP: 10 [16 Max]
Accuracy: -%
Secondary Effect: Heals 25% of only the user’s HP. The next ally to enter the field will have 25% of their health restored upon switching in.
New Users: :vaporeon:, :dewpider:/:araquanid:, :meowstic:/:meowstic-f:
Viable Users: :clefable:, :chansey:, :blissey:, :jirachi:, :audino:, :vaporeon:, :meowstic:
Description: Life Dew doesn’t see use in singles due to being a doubles-oriented move. Right now it’s just a worse recovery. So, this version of Life Dew repurposed its clerical utility into a singles format as a clerical alternative to Wishpassing. This has certain trade offs to wish. In exchange for less healing passed to allies, the health passed is more immediate, and the user heals itself as well. Can also be paired with wishpassing to heal 75% health overall, which is kinda nutty, although probably not viable.

Move Name: Parabolic Charge
Type:

BP: 70
PP: 20 [32 Max]
Accuracy: 100%
Secondary Effect: Drains 50% of Damage Dealt. ⅓ Chance to summon Electric Terrain. (Single Target)
New Users: :pichu:/:pikachu:/:raichu:/:raichu-alola:, :Stunfisk:/:stunfisk-galar:, :Ampharos:, :Manectric:, :Plusle:/:Minun:
Viable Users: :Raichu-alola:, :Stunfisk-Galar:, :Ampharos:, :Manectric:, :Heliolisk:, :dedenne:
Description: Parabolic charge is a healing move that needs a new niche. So, here I am, giving it a new niche. It is an offensive alternative for more mons to summon Electric Terrain, while also keeping its healing. On the ⅓ chance it summons electric terrain, this move is able to hit harder than other healing moves: Eterrain boost makes this move have similar BP to Thunderbolt. It’s ability to summon electric terrain also gives Alolan Raichu another way to utilize its surge surfer ability.

Move Name: Dream Eater
BP: 40
Secondary Effect: Drains 50% of damage dealt. Drops targets’ special defense by one stage.
New Users: None
Viable Users: :Claydol:, :Musharna:, :Reuniclus:, :Slowbro:, :Slowking:, :Dusclops:
Description: Repurposes the move to better suit slower, bulkier special attackers. It’s low power is made up for by its ability to heal and drop opponent defenses, making this move get stronger each time it’s used.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
BP: 60
PP: 10
Accuracy: 100
Secondary Effect: Restores HP equal to half of the damage dealt. Doubles in damage if foe is statused.
Viable Users: Alakazam, Articuno-Galar, Espeon, Gardevoir, Musharna,
Description: So this is a bit like Hex, but a bit weaker and with a worse offensive type. But it does have the benefit of healing as an interesting trade off. This pairs well with teams that use Toxic Spikes.

BP: --
PP: 15
Accuracy: --
Secondary Effect: Old effects removed. Switches the user out. If the user moves first, the incoming Pokemon restores 25% of its HP. Else, the user restores 25% HP before switching.
Viable Users: Hatterene, Goodra, Primarina, Togekiss, and honestly any of them
Description: Pivoting and healing is a fun combination and would obviously be useful for any Pokemon. For incoming Pokemon, it helps offset hazard damage and for the user, it is a psuedo regenerator.

Last edited:
Move: Dream Eater
BP:
100 > 75
PP: 15 > 10
Accuracy:
100%
Secondary Effects:
30% chance for the target to become drowsy (yawn effect).
New Users: Hatterene Line, Galarian Slowpoke Line, Calyrex and it's forms
Viable Users: Bulky psychic types such as the forms of Slowking, Kanto Slowbro, Reuniclus, Cresselia, Uxie, Mesprit and Hatterene.
Description: A Decent psychic move that can gain momentum.

Move: Parabolic Charge
BP:
PP: 20 > 15
Secondary Effects: The user heals 50% of damage dealt. Deals Double Damage to Paralyzed targets. Now a single target move.
New users: Magnezone Line, Stunfisk, Ampharos Line, Zapdos, Raikou
Viable Users: Zapdos, Raikou, Magnezone (maybe magneton too if we get a UU), Ampharos
Description: Weaker draining move for bulky electrics that like to run twave or static.

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Rasdanation and I sat down a bit to brainstorm our subs today. And I think we’re both pretty happy with our own takes on Dream Eater

Dream Eater
BP: 35
PP: 15 (24 Maximum)
Secondary Effect: The targets positive stat changes are removed and the user heals 1/16 of the users maximum HP per stat change
New Users: Hatterene Line, Galarian Slowpoke Line
Viable Users: Hatterene, All of the Slow family, Reuniclus, Musharna, Clefable

Description: This move is a Haze that heals the user and deals damage, effectively eating the Pokémon’s dreams of sweeping your team using stat boosts.
It is balanced around it’s pretty crazy effect by its awful BP. It also can be used for the inevitable calm mind wars.

Feedback time! Only one comment this week:

PalpitoadChamp: 50% heal and status clearing in one move is- a lot. I'd be fine if this was a thing that only a handful of mons learned, but even without adding new users Life Dew has a decent amount of distribution already. I just feel a move with this kind of effect should have a bit more of a trade-off. I've been going back and forth on potential nerfs for this move, and one idea I had that would allow you to keep this flavor: nerf the PP. This limitation would prevent mindless spam without completely neutering the move (50% heal + Heal Bell is still really good), and I feel with this nerf your version of Life Dew could provide a very interesting dynamic.

Anyways, submitters have 24 more hours to alter submissions or post their subs if they have not already done so.
______​
Type
: Electric
BP: 65
PP: 20-> 15 (max 24)
Accuracy
: 100%
Secondary Effect: User heals 50% of damage dealt to the target [single target]. Raises SpD by one stage.
New Users
: Charjabug (+Vikavolt), Chinchou line, Electrode, Rotom
Viable Users: Lanturn, Rotom forms
Description: Playing on Charge, this draining move trades some power in exchange for shoring up the user's defensive profile. This change allows the Rotom forms a new defensive option or a neat addition for NP sets, and Lanturn greatly benefits from finally having some form of recovery and is able to shore up its usually mediocre stats at the same time, increasing its ability as a special tank in lower tiers.
______​
In other news, I have two announcements: first, our revisions for Sing, Forest's Curse, Ice Ball, Octazooka and Seed Bomb are fully coded and playable on Dragon Heaven! Additionally, the moves that are currently incomplete have still had their distribution increased in line with the winning submissions, so those mons do at least have access to the canon versions of these moves for now.
1625184878797.png
1625184880575.png
1625184881772.png
Second, thanks to your overwhelming support, we are now officially the next Leader's Choice for Pet Mod of the Season! This means that we will be playable on Showdown, although our format will be challenge- only on there. Nevertheless, this a big opportunity for us in terms of increasing the scale of Bust a Move, and I look forwards to seeing a bunch of new faces around here (not that I mind the older faces. I love you all). I can't thank everyone who voted for us enough; when I first submitted the idea for this, I never thought that in just 3 months we'd even be nominated for PMotS, much less have enough support to win second place! Thank you for all your support thus far, I look forwards to keep working with all of you!

Secondary Effect: In a double battle, restores the user's HP and its ally's HP by 25%. In a single battle, restores 25% HP to the user, then restores an additional 25% at the end of the next turn. Fails when used again before the second healing effect takes place.
New Users: :meganium: :lanturn: :castform: :alomomola: :pyukumuku: :tapu-fini:
Viable Users: :lanturn: :tapu-fini: :alomomola: :jirachi:
Description: Similar to Rasdanation's effect but a bit twisted; a Wish clone, except half the HP delivered is upon use. Makes it a bit more reliable.

PP: 20 -> 5
Secondary Effect: Damages all Pokémon around it. Regains 50% of the HP inflicted as damage. If the user's HP is full, inflicts paralysis instead.
New Users: :pincurchin: :rotom: :toxtricity: :ampharos: :electrode:
Viable Users: :pincurchin: :heliolisk: :rotom-wash: :electrode:
Description: Healing is nice. Paralysis infliction is nice. Relatively niche but could easily get out of hand, which is why none of the already-decent things that get it are super speedy, except Heliolisk who will usually have better things to do. PP nerfed to make sure it's not too spammable.

BP: 100 -> 80
Secondary Effect: Inflicts damage. If the target is asleep, absorbs half the damage dealt.
New Users: N/A
Viable Users: :persian-alola: :lilligant: :houndoom:
Description: Did you know a lot of wack shit gets Dream Eater for basically no reason? Did you know the one set I could find on the site that included Dream Eater as an option was Alolan Persian with Psychium Z? So yeah, here's a Psychic-type move for things that want Psychic-type coverage. Absolutely no Psychic-type will ever use this.

And it's voting time. Here are your eligible submissions:

Dream Eater
Special
70 BP
100 Acc
15 (24) PP
Description: Hypnosis and Sing + Dream Eater does lots of damage. Gengar also gets Hex.

BP: 40
Secondary Effect: Drains 50% of damage dealt. Drops targets’ special defense by one stage.
Viable Users: :Claydol:, :Musharna:, :Reuniclus:, :Slowbro:, :Slowking:, :Dusclops:
Description: Repurposes the move to better suit slower, bulkier special attackers. It’s low power is made up for by its ability to heal and drop opponent defenses, making this move get stronger each time it’s used.

BP: 60
Accuracy: 100
Secondary Effect: Restores HP equal to half of the damage dealt. Doubles in damage if foe is statused.
Viable Users: Alakazam, Articuno-Galar, Espeon, Gardevoir, Musharna,
Description: So this is a bit like Hex, but a bit weaker and with a worse offensive type. But it does have the benefit of healing as an interesting trade off. This pairs well with teams that use Toxic Spikes.

Move: Dream Eater
BP:
100 > 75
PP: 15 > 10
Secondary Effects: 30% chance for the target to become drowsy (yawn effect).
New Users: Hatterene Line, Galarian Slowpoke Line, Calyrex and it's forms
Viable Users: Bulky psychic types such as the forms of Slowking, Kanto Slowbro, Reuniclus, Cresselia, Uxie, Mesprit and Hatterene.
Description: A Decent psychic move that can gain momentum.

Dream Eater
BP: 35
PP: 15 (24 Maximum)
Secondary Effect: The targets positive stat changes are removed and the user heals 1/16 of the users maximum HP per stat change
New Users: Hatterene Line, Galarian Slowpoke Line
Viable Users: Hatterene, All of the Slow family, Reuniclus, Musharna, Clefable

BP: 100 -> 80
Secondary Effect: Inflicts damage. If the target is asleep, absorbs half the damage dealt.
New Users: N/A
Viable Users: :persian-alola: :lilligant: :houndoom:
Description: Did you know a lot of wack shit gets Dream Eater for basically no reason? Did you know the one set I could find on the site that included Dream Eater as an option was Alolan Persian with Psychium Z? So yeah, here's a Psychic-type move for things that want Psychic-type coverage. Absolutely no Psychic-type will ever use this.

Life Dew
Status
5 (8) PP
Secondary Effect: Heals the user by 50% of their max hp and heal its status conditions. In doubles, heals the user and allies by 25% of their max hp and heal their status conditions.
New Users: :manaphy::alomomola::luvdisc:
Viable Users: :clefable::chansey::blissey::jirachi::goodra:
Description: With a buff of also healing status conditions this move can be used in singles.

Type:

Secondary Effect: Heals 25% of only the user’s HP. The next ally to enter the field will have 25% of their health restored upon switching in.
Viable Users: :clefable:, :chansey:, :blissey:, :jirachi:, :audino:, :vaporeon:, :meowstic:
Description: Life Dew doesn’t see use in singles due to being a doubles-oriented move. Right now it’s just a worse recovery. So, this version of Life Dew repurposed its clerical utility into a singles format as a clerical alternative to Wishpassing. This has certain trade offs to wish. In exchange for less healing passed to allies, the health passed is more immediate, and the user heals itself as well. Can also be paired with wishpassing to heal 75% health overall, which is kinda nutty, although probably not viable.

Secondary Effect: Old effects removed. Switches the user out. If the user moves first, the incoming Pokemon restores 25% of its HP. Else, the user restores 25% HP before switching.
Viable Users: Hatterene, Goodra, Primarina, Togekiss, and honestly any of them
Description: Pivoting and healing is a fun combination and would obviously be useful for any Pokemon. For incoming Pokemon, it helps offset hazard damage and for the user, it is a psuedo regenerator.

Secondary Effect: In a double battle, restores the user's HP and its ally's HP by 25%. In a single battle, restores 25% HP to the user, then restores an additional 25% at the end of the next turn. Fails when used again before the second healing effect takes place.
New Users: :meganium: :lanturn: :castform: :alomomola: :pyukumuku: :tapu-fini:
Viable Users: :lanturn: :tapu-fini: :alomomola: :jirachi:
Description: Similar to Rasdanation's effect but a bit twisted; a Wish clone, except half the HP delivered is upon use. Makes it a bit more reliable.

Parabolic Charge
Special
75 BP
100% Acc
10 (16) PP
Secondary Effect: The user is healed by 50% of the damage dealt. Hits all adjacent pokemon.
New Users: :rotom:and forms
Viable Users: :heliolisk::dedenne::rotom:and forms
Description: Giga Drain clone. The damage boost helps it to become actual useful.

Type:

BP: 70
Secondary Effect: Drains 50% of Damage Dealt. ⅓ Chance to summon Electric Terrain. (Single Target)
New Users: :pichu:/:pikachu:/:raichu:/:raichu-alola:, :Stunfisk:/:stunfisk-galar:, :Ampharos:, :Manectric:, :Plusle:/:Minun:
Viable Users: :Raichu-alola:, :Stunfisk-Galar:, :Ampharos:, :Manectric:, :Heliolisk:, :dedenne:
Description: Parabolic charge is a healing move that needs a new niche. So, here I am, giving it a new niche. It is an offensive alternative for more mons to summon Electric Terrain, while also keeping its healing. On the ⅓ chance it summons electric terrain, this move is able to hit harder than other healing moves: Eterrain boost makes this move have similar BP to Thunderbolt. It’s ability to summon electric terrain also gives Alolan Raichu another way to utilize its surge surfer ability.

Move: Parabolic Charge
BP:
PP: 20 > 15
Secondary Effects: The user heals 50% of damage dealt. Deals Double Damage to Paralyzed targets. Now a single target move.
New users: Magnezone Line, Stunfisk, Ampharos Line, Zapdos, Raikou
Viable Users: Zapdos, Raikou, Magnezone (maybe magneton too if we get a UU), Ampharos
Description: Weaker draining move for bulky electrics that like to run twave or static.

Type
Accuracy
Secondary Effect: User heals 50% of damage dealt to the target [single target]. Raises SpD by one stage.
New Users
Description: Playing on Charge, this draining move trades some power in exchange for shoring up the user's defensive profile. This change allows the Rotom forms a new defensive option or a neat addition for NP sets, and Lanturn greatly benefits from finally having some form of recovery and is able to shore up its usually mediocre stats at the same time, increasing its ability as a special tank in lower tiers.

Type:
Electric
PP: 20 -> 5
Accuracy:
100%
Secondary Effect: Damages all Pokémon around it. Regains 50% of the HP inflicted as damage. If the user's HP is full, inflicts paralysis instead.
New Users:
:pincurchin: :rotom: :toxtricity: :ampharos: :electrode:
Viable Users: :pincurchin: :heliolisk: :rotom-wash: :electrode:
Description: Healing is nice. Paralysis infliction is nice. Relatively niche but could easily get out of hand, which is why none of the already-decent things that get it are super speedy, except Heliolisk who will usually have better things to do. PP nerfed to make sure it's not too spammable.

Voters will have until 0:12 GMT on Tuesday, July 6th, or 72 hours from now, to vote for their favorite subs. As always, vote in order of which subs you prefer, with your favorite being listed first; you can vote your own subs as high as second. Voters may vote for as many as 5 subs per move! Be sure to get your votes in by then!
____​
Normally I'd announce the next slate, but for the first time we actually have a tie for the next slate! The poll came back with equal results for Crush Grip, Glaciate and Prismatic Laser and Terrain Pulse, Misty Explosion and Steel Roller. As such, we're going to have a little run off during the voting phase! Vote below for which set you'd prefer to work on next! Obviously, you can only vote for one this time. You can brainstorm ideas for both slates during the voting period and run off, just wait to post them until this phase ends.
1625268360601.png
>>Tiebreaker!<<
1625268362023.png

Dream Eater: PalpitoadChamp, ARandomPerson, Ema Skye, Paulluxx
Life Dew: Rasdanation, PalpitoadChamp, Ema Skye
Parabolic Charge: ARandomPerson, okispokis, PalpitoadChamp, Z-nogyroP, Rasdanation

And the tally is in! With 1st place being worth 5 points, 2nd 4 points, etc, here are the winners.

Gorging themselves like a Dream Eater: PalpitoadChamp!
Dream Eater
Special
70 BP
100 Acc
15 (24) PP
PalpitoadChamp: 19
Paulluxx: 17
ARandomPerson: 17
Rasdanation: 11
Ema Skye: 10
Z-nogyroP: 5

Granting a refreshing Life Dew to some weary Pokemon: Rasdanation!
Type:

Rasdanation: 27
Ema Skye: 19
PalpitoadChamp: 14
Z-nogyroP: 9

Parabolic Charge-ing right to victory: okispokis!
Type
Accuracy
New Users
okispokis: 17
Z-nogyroP: 16
ARandomPerson: 16
Rasdanation: 15
PalpitoadChamp: 14

Congratulations to our winners! This ended up being a surprisingly close count for both Dream Eater and Parabolic Charge.
______​
Next up, after an even closer tiebreaker round, we finally have our- oh, son of a- *sigh*. Okay, screw it, we'll just go with the one that's been in the poll longer. Plus, seeing as we are now the secondary Pet Mod of the Season, what better way to kick things off than with something a bit- bigger than usual?
1625526602104.png
1625526455175.png
1625526528048.png

Slate 9: Master of Puppets
Nowadays, it feels like every Legendary and Mythical is packing some kind of super-special move, but a few of them have been not quite as super-special as others. And this is the case for our three moves this slate: Crush Grip, Glaciate and Prismatic Laser. Crush Grip is kind of a perfect fit for Regigigas, in that like its user the move is basically unviable due to having a handicap; in the case of the move, said handicap is that it loses BP the less HP its target has left, meaning that its intimidating 120 BP only applies if the target is at max HP. Glaciate is pretty much just a slightly stronger Icy Wind, a far cry from the power level Kyurem wants for its Ice STAB (and while Icy Wind is solid in VGC, Kyurem isn't exactly a superstar there); sure, Victini uses it a bit, but that's really just a testament to how much it wants to hit Lando and Garchomp rather than the move's viability. Prismatic Laser is the somewhat forgotten second signature of Necrozma, and is a recharge move- that really says it all. Some specific notes:
  • 1625527510001.png
    All subs for Prismatic Laser will be required to nerf BP to some extent, since removing recharge is basically necessary for this move to be viable. Obviously, you won't have to nerf that aspect as much if you keep some kind of drawback.​
  • In terms of new distribution, I would prefer keeping the new users list for these moves on the more conservative side. Not a strict rule, but I do feel these moves should feel a bit more special than usual.​
______
The poll for next slate is now open, so go ahead and vote for which moves you want to see altered in Slate 10! You can vote for as many as you want, or stop by the BaM Discord if there's any other slates you want to suggest.
1625528396362.png
>>
Slate 10 Poll<<
1625528394401.png

_____
Submitters will have until 12:00 GMT on Tuesday, July 13th, or about one week from now, to get your submissions in. Make sure you read the rules in the first post. With everything said, get out there and Bust a Move!

Move: Crush Grip
Type: Normal
BP: -- >110
PP: 5 (Max 8)

Acc: 100% > 90%
Secondary Effects: If the user is heavier than the target, this move deals 1.5x damage.
New Users: ,:Grapploct:
Viable Users: :Regigigas::Grapploct:
Description: A Powerful stab move for regigigas to somewhat circumvent it's ability.

Aight, here's that more later:

Move: Glaciate
Type: Ice
BP:
65 > 80
PP: 10 > 5 (Max 8)
Acc: 95%
Secondary Effects: If the target is under the effects of a non-voliatile status condition (burn, para, sleep, poison) or confusion, 40% chance (night daze) that status is removed and replaced with freeze.
New Users: :Regice::Glastrier::Articuno:
Viable Users: :Kyurem::Regice::Articuno:
Description: A move for bulkier sets to take advantage of. I chose to add this to the less viable ice legendaries to increase their viability, or ones that wouldn't really use it (special glastrier heet)

Last edited:
Move Name: Crush Grip
Type:

BP: 95
Accuracy: 95%
Secondary Effect: If the target is 75% HP or higher prior to getting hit, they will get paralyzed from this attack.
New Users: :guzzlord:, :slaking:, :kingler:, :bewear:
Viable Users: :regigigas:, :guzzlord:, :slaking:
Description: Regigigas’ signature move was not really fitting for its playstyle, stalling until its Slow Start goes away. So, with this new version of Crush Grip, it now plays to that, while still fitting the flavor of a move. I wanted to keep the aspect of benefitting when your opponent is at high health, so I made it a 95 base power move that causes paralysis when the opponent is at high hp. Of course getting crushed by something so strong would cause paralysis! This move is able to fills two roles that Regigigas normally runs: a status spreader, as well as a strong normal STAB attack.

Move Name: Glaciate
Type:

BP: 75
Accuracy: 90%
Secondary Effect: Anyone hit by this attack will have their secondary type be replaced with Ice until they switch out.
New Users: :glalie:, :aurorus:, :ninetales-alola:
Viable Users: :kyurem:, :victini:, :aurorus:
Description: Sounded like a cool enough idea to submit. This signature move now acts for type control, removing walls typing synergy and providing them with a relatively weak defensive typing, that Pokémon with the right coverage can abuse. Of course, Ice type moves might be less effective against any Pokémon given frostbite from this attack, but they are significantly more vulnerable Fire/Rock/Steel/Fighting attacks and lack as many resistances overall.

Move Name: Prismatic Laser
Type:

BP: 110
PP: 5 [8 Max]
Secondary Effect: This move is a Psychic and Fire type move simultaneously. 30% chance to burn target.
New Users: :Sableye:,:diancie:
Viable Users: :necrozma:, :necrozma-dawn-wings:, :diancie-mega:
Description: A strong Psychic STAB that gains extra coverage and resists due to its fire type. This effect is based around the fact that lasers can burn people irl. It now hits Steel types neutrally, as well as hit bug, grass, and ice supereffectively, while now being resisted by dragon, fire, rock, and water types.

Last edited:

zxgzxg

User feints.
is a Forum Moderator
Move: Prismatic Laser
Category: Special
BP: 160 ---> 75
Acc: 100
PP: 16 ---> 32
Effect: Super effective against Steel-types. (No recharge)
New Users: :starmie::espeon::diancie:
Viable Users: :necrozma::starmie::espeon::diancie-mega:
Description: One of the main things holding back offensive Psychic types are bulky Steels like Corviknight and Ferrothorn, forcing them to run weak (Mystical Fire) or unreliable (Focus Blast) coverage. This allows Psychic types to hit Steels with their STAB, making room for other moves. It is also valuable coverage for Fairy-types, as it hits two types that resist Fairy.
Starmie @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Prismatic Laser
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hydro Pump
- Flip Turn

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Prismatic Laser
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

Move: Glaciate
Category: Special
BP: 65 ---> 110
Acc: 95 ---> 90
PP: 16 ---> 8
Effect: Lowers the user's Speed by 2.
New Users: :thundurus::tornadus::landorus:
Viable Users: :kyurem::thundurus-therian:(:landorus-therian:?)
Description: Finally: a strong, reliable Ice move. While the Speed drop makes the user easily revenge-killable, it doesn't reduce in power, making it spammable against slower teams. (The reason Lando-T is there is because it sometimes runs HP Ice to lure opposing Lando, so that could be used alternatively. specs lando maybe?????)
Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Glaciate
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

pure heat and you cant convince me otherwise (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Glaciate
- Focus Blast
- U-turn

Last edited:
Type:

BP: 80
Accuracy: 90%
Secondary Effect: Traps target, lowers speed and attack by 1 of target.
Viable Users: :Regigigas:
Description: This lets regigigas trap
targets so it can abuse them with sub to stall out its slowstart. It can even run a stall break toxic set now increasesing its viability. Flavor is in their giant Grip they lose mobility and attack.

Stall Breaker
Regigigas @ Leftovers
Ability: Slow Start
EVs: 252 HP / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crush Grip
- Toxic
- Substitute/Rest
- Darkest Lariat

Type:

BP: 100
Accuracy:
Secondary Effect: Super effective against rock types.
Viable Users: :Kyurem:
Description: While rocks types are few in the meta, kyurem is already strong so buffing it didn't really make sense to me. Most notably this pokemon can now spam its stab even if target is in play. Flavor is how glaciers break up rocks in the process of weathering.

Type:

BP: 120
Accuracy: 100 %
Secondary Effect: 33% Recoil. Super effective against steel. (Replace old effect so no recharge)
Viable Users: :Necrozma:
Description: Necrozma focuses its energy into a beam that takes a lot out of it but deals massive damage. This lets necro just break against teams easy that lack a dark type but at the cost of longevity. Flavor is lasers melt strel.

Last edited:
Crush Grip
Physical
120 BP
100 Acc
16 PP
Secondary Effect: Lowers the target's speed by 1.
New Users: :slaking:
Viable Users: :regigigas::slaking:
Description: A way to make Regigigas & Slaking faster and hopefully more viable.

Glaciate
Special
70 BP
100 Acc
8 PP
Secondary Effect: Summons Hail for 5 turns.
New Users: :regice:
Viable Users: :kyurem::victini::regice:
Description: Playing off of its name translated exactly over from Japanese, "Frozen World." Now Hail has some more setters. Regice and Kyurem are now very useful for hail teams. Woo!

Prismatic Laser
Special
155 BP
95 Acc
8 PP
Secondary Effect: User can't move next turn if this move doesn't get a KO.
New Users: :delphox::beheeyem:
Viable Users: :necrozma::delphox::beheeyem:
Description: haha gen 1 hyper beam but psychic, special, & lower distribution go brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Last edited:
Type:

Category:

BP: 80
PP: 32
Acc: 100%
Secondary Effect: Super effective on Dark. 10% chance to confuse. (Bypasses Dark-type’s immunity to Psychic. No recharge.)
New Users: :Indeedee:
Viable Users: :Necrozma: :Indeedee:
829C592F-B42D-4842-A57D-E5E1E38D3FB7.jpeg

When creating this move I thought about how glass prisms bend and separate light. Since light is the opposite of darkness, I thought it would be interesting to make it a Psychic move that is super effective against Dark. This would be similar to a Psychic-type Freeze Dry and would be fitting on Necrozma since it takes reduced damage from super effective attacks. It would be a Psychic-type move that isn’t worried about Dark-type switch ins. I also gave this to Indeedee since it’s only weak to Bug and Dark and this move could give it a lot of mileage.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
BP: 100
PP: 16
Secondary Effect: Uses the user's higher Attacking stat for damage calculation. (Photon Geyser clone)
New Users: Articuno, Suicune, Regice
Viable Users: Kyurem
Description: A move basically designed just for Kyurem. Making this into a Photon Geyser clone gives a minor, but still very appreciated boost to standard special attacking sets, and Dragon Dance sets have a reliable STAB option and don't have to use Icicle Spear. There's a lot of similarities that can be made between Kyurem and Necrozma and Kyub really deserves something consistent at this point even if that's ultimately just flavor now.

PP: 24
Secondary Effect: Has 1x type effectiveness against all types.
New Users: Latias, Latios, Mew
Viable Users: Necrozma, Latios
Description: Should effectively be counted as 100 BP neutral coverage instead of a big new primary STAB option, but this might be a nice option for Calm Mind sets that need to hit way too many things at once and don't have the slots for it. I'm more doubtful that mono attacking Calm Mind sets would run this like what you'd see from Mew or Reuniclus (who doesn't get this just an example), but it's definitely possible. Might change the BP a bit.

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
So this is the weird point in time where I’m actually resubbing something I subbed during one of the first slates, Crush Grip shouldn’t just be a good move, it should be something that helps Regigigas be Regigigas and get past those 5 turns, a phasing move could help it do that very well, and it will also work better when it’s fully done with slow start. My idea when we did strength was a negative priority Normal type phasing move, so I’ll do a Buffed version of it, for Crush Grip.

BP: 120
PP: 5 (max of 8)
Secondary Effect: -6 priority, when it hits a foe, the foe is forced out. (As Dragon Tail or Circle Throw)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)