Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using /clearlines [user], [number of lines], [message(s)] creates a space after the ( in the reasoning.

1621872065726.png

The solution currently is to not put a space. For example:

/clearlines aqua,1,message.

However I don't recall a space existing after the ( in all my instances of using that command with the spaces.

I posted this as a bug because if a user types /h clearlines it advises them to use the command with the spaces:

1621872418441.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia
-- :charizard-gmax: I fixed this, live on next chat patch

Last edited by a moderator:
Choosing the gen 4 youngster sprite from the avatar selection screen results in a different sprite being set.
1621879258444.png
1621879285836.png

BUG STATUS: FIXED by Marty

1621962174007.png
BUG report:
Kakuna/Beedrill can get Poison Sting/String Shot + Harden by tradeback from GSC.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY (DaWoblefet)

EDIT:
1621962345407.png
This Kakuna is also marked as illegal in Gen 2 where Weedle can naturally evolve and learn Harden at level 7.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY (DaWoblefet)

A rental Kakuna in Stadium has Poison Sting/String Shot, but I don't think any rentals are accounted for yet.

when me or my friend challenged each other we couldn't see the accept or reject options

Hi, I cannot seem to accept my friend's challenge request now and my friend also cannot accept my challenge request.
Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 11.53.08 AM.png

Reactions: TGA
Sorry I didn't save the replay but my opponent switched a sleeping Pincurchin in, Electric Terrain activated but Pincurchin did not wake up, the Serebii article on terrains suggests it should.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Terrains only prevent sleep; they don't wake a Pokemon up from sleep. Moreover, Serebii is an awful place to check mechanics. I do not recommend it. (DaWoblefet)

Zalm

The nose of the salmon
is a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Chat command bug:
Writing a message after using /back clears the message halfway through typing

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Mark yourself as busy using [/busy].
  2. Mark yourself as back using [/back].
  3. Start writing a message.
  4. You are marked as back, the message you were writing is reset to an empty string.

Expected behaviour:
The message you are writing remains untouched after being marked as back.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

Lionyx

first star you see tonight
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Chat command bug:
Writing a message after using /back clears the message halfway through typing

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Mark yourself as busy using [/busy].
  2. Mark yourself as back using [/back].
  3. Start writing a message.
  4. You are marked as back, the message you were writing is reset to an empty string.

Expected behaviour:
The message you are writing remains untouched after being marked as back.
The same happens when one uses /nick to change names, if that's helpful in any way to spot where the potential issue is.

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
Abomasnow's 4th Gen back-sprite doesn't render consistently on Showdown. Sometimes it loads perfectly fine and other times it doesn't. I played a test match versus myself on the official server; one player experienced the rendering issue while the other didn't. Doesn't seem to be isolated to my web browser/server connection as I have seen this issue occur to another player in a Youtube video.

The screenshots I've attached, in order, are:
  • A ladder match showing the issue
  • A private game showing the issue
  • The same private game not exhibiting the same issue, but from the other player's perspective
  • BKC experiencing the issue in a ladder match about year ago while recording a public Youtube video (which also shows Floatzel's front sprite not rendering properly, although I haven't been able to replicate this one).

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - SPRITE it's because there's no female back sprite, someone will need to provide one (DaWoblefet)

Rezzo edit: ^ Using the info above I replicated Floatzel. It's the female shiny front sprite that doesn't load. the other three variants (shiny male, non-shiny female, non-shiny male) of front sprite load properly.

Attachments

apparently you can't access anything in dex.pokemonshowdown.com. i've replicated this with an example like this:
nothing comes up.PNG
and another image to show what happens if you do it through redirect:
not loading.PNG
once you're in the search tab, you must stay there. you cannot click the pokemon or moves tabs. you practically can't do anything.
this bug also works with moves:
move.PNG
this better be fixed (no offense)
BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - OTHER (Client needs to be updated to handle Dex.moves, etc, refactor) (Mia)

Colteor

Free old gens in WCOP
is a Pre-Contributor
RoAPL Champion
Just a visual bug, but the red text that shows your speed after paralysis isn't showing up in gen 1 or 2. The speed drop still happens (as seen in this replay) but the indicator isn't visible. Worth noting it's only for paralysis, as regular speed drops still show the red text.
1622252672110.png
1622252809429.png

1622253010293.png

Speed drops are still seen as normal for some reason.
1622253344950.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT) (DaWoblefet)

I believe what I have been experiencing is a visual bug on the chrome browser. Whenever I hover over a specific pokemon to glean at its moveset, the typing for the move does not show up next to the move like it should. I tried hard refreshing, clearing cache and cookies and going incognito to see if it was a problem with my extensions with no luck. No problems when I switch to firefox
1622283007490.png
1622283012123.png

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, I'm not sure what behavior you're claiming is buggy here - can you also show the "correct" Firefox behavior? (DaWoblefet)

Last edited:
For Unown, Vivillon, and pretty much any Pokemon with form variants, I cannot click the down arrow next to the sprite to select the specific form I want. I have to manually type the variant form I want from Import/Export.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, here's the console log output (DaWoblefet)

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'dex' of undefined
at child.initialize (client-teambuilder.js?68c1d065:3313)
at child.Backbone.View (backbone.js?8a8d8296:1224)
at child.constructor (client.js?c1642609:2358)
at new child (backbone.js?8a8d8296:1884)
at child.addPopup (client.js?c1642609:1993)
at child.altForm (client-teambuilder.js?68c1d065:2720)
at HTMLDivElement.e (lodash.core.js?e9be4c2d:12)
at HTMLDivElement.dispatch (jquery-2.1.4.min.js:3)
at HTMLDivElement.r.handle (jquery-2.1.4.min.js:3)

Attachments

Using /chatlog isn't working properly. You get the result "Invalid date." when using /chatlog.
Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 12.48.17 AM.png

If you remove the --today-- at the end of the URL you get the normal page showing a list of dates and can navigate to the time you want normally.
BUG STATUS: FIXED by Mia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)