Tournament 1v1 Premier League V - Week 7

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
PL Art.png

Main PL art by lei, team logos by these artists. Hosted by Alakazam and PA
Another year, another PL! This starts the seventh week of PL for 2021!​
Remember:
  • General tournament rules can be found here.
  • Replays are required
  • Please inform the hosts ahead of time if you intend to use a proxy in a series
  • Extensions are not given
  • No over-the-top shittalking/posting
Week 7
Trigger-Happy Thwackeys vs Pyramid of Poliwrath
Thwackey.png
1552817139540.png
Pyramid 2.png

6 - 2
SS Bo7: Tricking vs Murman0064
SS Bo5: DenisTheMenace vs Krytocon
SS Bo5: STABLE vs dogknees
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Boat
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Akumajou
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs OM
BW Bo5: Gym Socks! vs Quantum Tesseract
DPP Bo5: zio vs Euphonos

SS Monopoke Bo5: Alakazam vs Itchyfoot

Trojan Porygons vs Simping Slakings
Porygons.png
1552817139540.png
simping.png

7 - 1
SS Bo7: tears vs BlanchedAlmond
SS Bo5: Yami vs lvl100Blaziken
SS Bo5: smely socks vs Waylaid
SM Bo5: Tol vs Bopher
SM Bo5: Downcoming3 vs LBDC
ORAS Bo5: Finchinator vs Scraftionite
BW Bo5: Potatochan vs Sanshokuinsumireko
DPP Bo5: Jamez vs Synonimous

SS Monopoke Bo5: GeneralGunderson vs magicarpe_lvl100

Godspeed Scolipedes vs RPS Rhyperiors
pedes.png
1552817139540.png
RPS cropped.png

6 - 2
SS Bo7: LRXC vs Bomb21XD
SS Bo5: D2TheW vs Aliss
SS Bo5: parr0t vs not a racist
SM Bo5: Squirtell 1v1 vs TheShadowClaw
SM Bo5: SoulWind vs Joker 1v1
ORAS Bo5: THIS MACHINE vs 187 Fan
BW Bo5: crucify vs eblurb
DPP Bo5: Mr. Mime fan vs 413X

SS Monopoke Bo5: ojr vs 413X

Jirachi Regalia vs Castelia City Catgirls
jirachiregalia.png
1552817139540.png
catgirls.png

4 - 4
SS Bo7: Nalei vs Close
SS Bo5: Tom842 vs Urfgurgle
SS Bo5: Rellia vs Trashuny
SM Bo5: frostyicelad vs Kentari
SM Bo5: UBERLandon21 vs XSTATIC COLD
ORAS Bo5: bea vs pqs
BW Bo5: Rosa vs Palestine
DPP Bo5: Inkreativ vs Jabiru

SS Monopoke Bo5: bea vs Nalei

G1: Smeargle (use /challenge gen8NationalDex@@@-focus sash, -perish song)
G2: Arceus (all forms allowed) (use /challenge gen8NationalDex@@@+Arceus, -focus sash, -perish song)
G3: Rotom (all forms allowed)
G4: Silvally (all forms allowed)
G5: Ditto

Concerning Substitutions: At any point in time during the week, a team may make a substitution for an inactive player. In order to do this, a manager must post in the thread, tagging the hosts, the opposing managers and the opposing player stating which player is substituting out, and which player is substituting in. A player that has substituted out for a week cannot be substituted back in. In addition, in order to catch any attempts at garnering favorable matchups (where the lineup you choose affects pairings), all substitutions are subject to veto by the hosts if the substitution is suspected to be attempting to “game” the system.

Monopoke additionally does not count for Weekly Standings, its purely a for-fun slot. I'll update the players for slots when they get chosen, for those without players immediately.

Standings and Game Schedule: http://spo.ink/1v1pl5records
Deadline is Sunday, March 21st, 11:59 PM GMT -4

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to post Week 6 Prediction Rankings later (probs tomorrow), but for now I have another pretty interesting post to put forth

Every Team’s Status for Playoffs
This will be a short description of what each team currently needs to do in order to make playoffs. 6/8 teams are still eligible, and the remaining two can relevantly affect who goes where.

:ss/rhyperior: RPS Rhyperiors :ss/rhyperior:
Guaranteed Playoffs
Not necessarily guaranteed 1st seed, depending on Castelia City Catgirl’s, Trigger-Happy Thwackey’s, and their own performances in Week 7.

:ss/darmanitan-galar: Castelia City Catgirls :ss/darmanitan-galar:
Guaranteed Playoffs

:ss/thwackey: Trigger-Happy Thwackeys :ss/thwackey:
Guaranteed Playoffs if they Win or Tie
Any loss fails to make playoffs

:sm/slaking: Simping Slakings :sm/slaking:
Guaranteed Playoffs if they Win or Tie

:ss/Porygon: Trojan Porygons :ss/Porygon:
Guaranteed Playoffs if they Win
If they Tie, they will tiebreak for 4th seed if Thwackeys lose 3-5/Polis win 5-3. Anything else is a loss.

:ss/Poliwrath: Pyramid of Poliwrath :ss/Poliwrath:
Guaranteed Playoffs if they Win with 6-2 or higher
If they win 5-3, they will tiebreak for 4th seed if Slaks/Porys Tie. Anything else guarantees playoffs
Any tie or loss fails to make playoffs

:ss/scolipede: Godspeed Scolipedes :ss/scolipede:
Cannot make playoffs - however, they still have the opportunity to raise their individual player rankings for Team Tours, as well as potentially affect the seeding for Playoffs

:ss/Jirachi: Jirachi Regalia :ss/Jirachi:
Cannot make playoffs - however, they still have the opportunity to raise their individual player rankings for Team Tours, as well as potentially affect who makes Playoffs.​

None of these take the possibility of deadgames into account - that throws everything into wack. If there are errors in this, I apologize, though I like triple checked myself, so I'm pretty sure what I have written here is accurate. Just DM me if you have any questions.

Additionally, just for fun, pay attention to the possible 4 Way Tiebreak we may have for Playoffs (however crazily unlikely it is):
CCC loses 0-8 to Regalia. Porys and Slakings Tie. Polis win against Thwack 5-3. This leads to CCC, Porys, Thwackeys, and Poliwraths all in tiebreaks for 3rd and 4th seeds, with a total of 7 points and -2 GD (Rhyps and Slakings would be first and second seed).

Good luck to everyone this week! I'm really glad at how well-balanced the teams turned out to be this PL.

Edit: Updated to reflect Ryenix decision.
Changes:
  • Poliwraths will now only tiebreak for 4th seed if they win 5-3 if Polys/Slaks tie. Any other 5-3 win guarantees playoffs.
  • If Porygons tie the Slakings, Porygons will no longer tiebreak for 4th seed if Catgirls go 0-8.
  • Thwackeys can no longer tiebreak for 4th seed if they lose 3-5.
  • Catgirls are guaranteed playoffs.

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
BW Bo5: Ryenix vs Quantum Tesseract
SS Monopoke Bo5: STABLE vs Itchyfoot

SS Bo5: Rellia vs Mishlef

Last edited:

The Official Glyx

Banned deucer.
SS Bo7: Tricking vs Murman0064 - Murman surprised me with a strong win last week. If he can maintain that levelheadedness for this series as well, I wouldn't be surprised if he did it again.
SS Bo5: STABLE vs dogknees - (HL) Stable with the first SS series in months. If it were dogknees on his own I'd lean stable, but with Murman support I'd say he's got stable out-heated.
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Boat - I'm actually gonna call the upset here. My wager is that stable's gonna spend all his time making sure the SS slots aren't all outbuilt and he'll end up not being able to give Freddy something new to use.
DPP Bo5: zio vs Euphonos - wha-

SS Monopoke Bo5: STABLE vs Itchyfoot

SS Bo5: Yami vs lvl100Blaziken - SS Yami is a sleeper threat, but Frag has the experience and support advantage here
SS Bo5: smely socks vs Waylaid - gut feeling says he just wants to win more
SM Bo5: Tol vs Bopher - generally just outbuilt. Tol's main hope here is loading up teams with limited threats and hoping for the best with preview 50/50s
SM Bo5: Downcoming3 vs LBDC - if dc3 wins with shit like z-surf latios again lbdc will be legally required to change his name to labaitedescieux
ORAS Bo5: Finchinator vs Scraftionite - I can see the clickbait title now: "PLAYING 1v1 AGAINST THE 2020 CHAMPION"
BW Bo5: Potatochan vs Sanshokuinsumireko - prep literal minutes before you play > prep before the week even goes up
DPP Bo5: Jamez vs Synonimous - syn seems to be finding his groove again

SS Bo7: LRXC vs Bomb21XD - SWSH King LRXC won't be able to complain about boring team previews against this guy
SS Bo5: D2TheW vs Alice - D2's coming off some very nice wins and his opponent is someone who doesn't even need to try
SM Bo5: Squirtell 1v1 vs TheShadowClaw - This'd be a hella highlight if either side were under pressure. Leaning tsc since squirtell's performance has been on/off, but anything could happen here.
SM Bo5: SoulWind vs Joker 1v1 - hf prepping for this one lrxc
ORAS Bo5: THIS MACHINE vs 187 Fan - Fan ORAS has returned :0
BW Bo5: crucify vs eblurb - wha-
DPP Bo5: Mr. Mime fan vs 413X - big man vs big fan

SS Monopoke Bo5: bea vs Nalei -

Last edited:

bea

I COULD BEA BANNED!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator
explaining games I care about
:Thwackey: 5-3.5 :Poliwrath:
SS Bo7: Tricking vs Murman0064 I don't remember murmans record and don't care this isn't gonna be close
SS Bo5: DenisTheMenace vs Krytocon stay bw
SS Bo5: STABLE vs dogknees metagross> burritos
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Boat timer please
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Akumajou stay benched
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzles vs OM I have learned that dom teams don't give you easy wins
BW Bo5: Gym Socks vs Quantum Tesseract Time for Gym to finish what Ryenix started
DPP Bo5: zio vs Euphonos stay ss
SS Monopoke Bo5: STABLE vs Itchyfoot this has been decided before the game has started, wp itchy
:Porygon: 2-6.5 :Slaking:
SS Bo7: tears vs BlanchedAlmond I'm running out of Stay X Jokes Help
SS Bo5: Yami vs lvl100Blaziken yo fragments don't get act called
SS Bo5: smely socks vs Waylaid imagine predicting someone 1-5 to win a game
SM Bo5: Tol vs Bopher bring zard x or find tols cousin both work
ORAS Bo5: Finchinator vs Scraftionite read Dez V OM
DPP Bo5: Jamez vs Synonimous is rachi togekiss viable in dpp
:Scolipede: 3-5.5 :Rhyperior:
SS Bo7: LRXC vs Bomb21XD LRXC might think he's the SWSH King but he's gonna get 4-0'ed by dlc 1 teams
SS Bo5: D2TheW vs Alice
BW Bo5: crucify vs eblurb eblurb can't even play chess without some friendly advice from crucify
DPP Bo5: Mr. Mime fan vs 413X sorry 413X but your week win here isnt gonna be from dpp
SS Monopoke Bo5: ojr vs 413X who?
ORAS Bo5: bea vs pqs everything is funny in retrospect
SS Monopoke Bo5: bea vs Nalei I don't even have a joke for this I'm just going to win easily

Last edited:

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
SS Bo7: LRXC vs Bomb21XD - It's not even going to be close dudes. This is the highlight match to end all highlight matches. The dom to ghosting. The rps to 1v1. The Kyurem-Black of BW. There will be no stopping LRXC. He will go mad, crazy, beyond all thoughts of limits. If I were bomb, I would forfeit rn, because he has no chance. None. Zilch, Nada. Nein. Don't even try. Don't expect anything. Stop thinking, just click.

1 - 7
SS Bo7: Tricking vs Murman0064 completed the dex challenge
SS Bo5: DenisTheMenace vs Krytocon kry has a better record
SS Bo5: STABLE vs dogknees syno unviable exposed me last week sad emoji
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Boat he 3-0d squirtell
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Akumajou I have nothing funny to say about this mu
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs OM des has reverse Close'd
BW Bo5: Ryenix vs Quantum Tesseract I believe poliwraths has better bw support
DPP Bo5: zio vs Euphonos God Euph you should've slotted Mattorr Is Cute

1 - 7
SS Bo7: tears vs BlanchedAlmond HL MU as fuck. I think tears is kinda tired this week and Blanched certainly isn't easy to cteam
SS Bo5: Yami vs lvl100Blaziken I don't care if you won last week or w/e or if you're in seasonal still woo this is one-sided as fuck
SS Bo5: smely socks vs Waylaid holy shit smely how the fuck are you 1-5
SM Bo5: Tol vs Bopher bring zardx
SM Bo5: Downcoming3 vs LBDC do I need to explain
ORAS Bo5: Finchinator vs Scraftionite Finch going 6-1 with only loss being to Dez ITS THE DREAM BABY
BW Bo5: Potatochan vs Sanshokuinsumireko potato can win if he throws out some techs out of his ass but his building has been mid this whole tour
DPP Bo5: Jamez vs Synonimous please Synon, unviable expose this man

5 - 3
SS Bo7: LRXC vs Bomb21XD LETS FUCKING GET IT BOOOOOOOOOOOMB GO FOR THE 12-0
SS Bo5: D2TheW vs Aliss D2 pulled out biggest upset of the week 2 weeks in a row while Aliss finally met a viable player last week to ego check her
SS Bo5: parr0t vs not a racist neither will care at all whatsoever but parr0t might care a little bit more cause personal record
SM Bo5: Squirtell 1v1 vs TheShadowClaw idk what happened to Squirtell bro I even became a fan of him start of PL sad emoji
SM Bo5: SoulWind vs Joker 1v1 woo Borja go positive and then play in wc (pretty please)
ORAS Bo5: THIS MACHINE vs 187 Fan nicc in oras ok lol
BW Bo5: crucify vs eblurb sorry but I don't really feel like explaining this one
DPP Bo5: Mr. Mime fan vs 413X I've been telling people not to sleep on yash but Alex is just bad lmao

3 - 5
SS Bo7: Nalei vs Close #fucknalei2021
SS Bo5: Tom842 vs Urfgurgle lgi tom
SS Bo5: Rellia vs Mishlef rellia kinda a victim for how her personal record turned out
SM Bo5: UBERLandon21 vs XSTATIC COLD HL MU
ORAS Bo5: bea vs pqs :joy: HL :joy: MU :joy: let's get the bingo
BW Bo5: Rosa vs Palestine If it were Rosa on her own I'd lean Rosa, but with Urfgurgle support I'd say he's got Rosa out-heated.
DPP Bo5: Inkreativ vs Jabiru stop throwing

Victim of the week: No one surprisingly
Gambatte to all teams :heart:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

SM Bo5: UBERLandon21 vs XSTATIC COLD holy fucking highlight

might edit reasons later

Last edited:

D2TheW

Amadán
Fuck full predicts I'm doin the only game that matters

CRUCIFY VS EBLURB
What a highlight folks. Through the years we've seen seasonal winners slug it out, classic champs goin the rounds and grudge matches that have ended friendships but you've never seen a match like this. It's tutor vs tutee, Big Dick Crucify, one of the standout players from last years pl vs The Notorious Eblurb, the man who crucify vcd to a Classic victory mere months after leaving certain cords because eblurb was just that annoying. It's a historic battle lads, it's the Allies vs the Nazis, it's Coke vs Pepsi, it's Ali vs Frazier, it's zio vs the council, it's gonna be legendary and eblurb is gonna get smashed. eblurb could play in call with everyone from zoomers, ursas and sunflowers and still not have a snowballs chance in hell. Crucify could play blindfolded with his hands chopped off and his computer submerged in boiling custard and he'd still instantly make the correct click. This could be a bo99 with eblurb allowed to look at crucify's screen while he clicks and cruc would still win 50-0. The only way this won't be a historic beatdown is if eblurb instantly makes himself victim of the week by getting subbed out. Cancel the rest of the games this is all that matters. Go crucify. :]

6-2
SS Bo7: Tricking vs Murman0064 Tricking goat MR. NEVER A MISPLAY cit. He has great support behind him (all ITA GANG in SS + Zio) and good results from his side (60-40)
SS Bo5: DenisTheMenace vs Krytocon i should bold krytocon because i'm against bullying but this matchup is literally a spot in favor of bullying (95-5)
SS Bo5: STABLE vs dogknees comes from excellent results in the other tiers I don't see why he shouldn't do the same in a tier he knows pretty well (75-25)
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Boat excellent performance vs SM big player (55-45)
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Akumajou nice mu! i want to trust sust but i'm not surprise if edgar win (49-51)
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs OM dOM !!! i think dez is simply better (65-35)
BW Bo5: Ryenix vs Quantum Tesseract Stable teams vs ??? (80-20)
DPP Bo5: zio vs Euphonos i love zio but i think e# is one of the best dpp of this PL (after my boy trashuny) (45-55)

1/2 - 7/6
SS Bo7: tears vs BlanchedAlmond i want to trust BA, i like his playstyle and his picks. Tears is scary oppo and the his results are proof of this. Nice match (49-51)
SS Bo5: Yami vs lvl100Blaziken fragment is too hot to lose this mu (20-80)
SS Bo5: smely socks vs Waylaid i'm sad for smely score... (35-65)
SM Bo5: Tol vs Bopher meh....lol
SM Bo5: Downcoming3 vs LBDC I don't see him very motivated but he is still a SM goat (30-70)
ORAS Bo5: Finchinator vs Scraftionite HL Excellent score with excellent solidity during his games, i think Finch can win (55-45)
BW Bo5: Potatochan vs Sanshokuinsumireko HL for BW two good players, maybe looking score i feel to say sansho but who knows (50-50)
DPP Bo5: Jamez vs Synonimous i think simply more exp and better prep (35-65)

4-4
SS Bo7: LRXC vs Bomb21XD BACK TO BACK TO BACK BOMB FOR 12-0 (40-60)
SS Bo5: D2TheW vs Aliss d2 brought out some quality games, he surprised me I want to trust him (55-45)
SS Bo5: parr0t vs not a racist literally trust mr !pick (51-49)
SM Bo5: Squirtell 1v1 vs TheShadowClaw HL 2 solid and good players I want to reward TSC's performance in this PL (49-51)
SM Bo5: SoulWind vs Joker 1v1 I struggle not to bold SW, i like him (65-35)
ORAS Bo5: THIS MACHINE vs 187 Fan meh...same for denis mu (10-90)
BW Bo5: crucify vs eblurb idk...TOH bold blurb cuz is his main tier...i think (50-50)
DPP Bo5: Mr. Mime fan vs 413X yash hot (65-35)

HIGHLIGHTS

SS Bo7: Nalei vs Close (I am humble)

Itchy

take all my data, what will you find?
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
zio Alakazam PA Euphonos Quantum Tesseract Calling act on Stable for Monopoke, stable declined to schedule and denied any potential sub

First blood ig?

Editing in predicts - no TI-84 this time

Pyramids number one /\ apex predators ("9") - Thwackeys (not in playoffs mode) (0)

Porygons ("6") - Slakings (3)

Scolipedes (3) - Rhyps ("6")

Jirachis (5)
- Catgirls ("4")

Last edited:
Are you allowed to write predicts if you plan to help a team with prep but will actually probably fail to do so?

(Siivagunner but grass type? idk 3 - ^w^ Pyramids ^w^ 5.5)
SS Bo7: Tricking vs Murman0064 - I want to see murman win this but tricking has had a great tour so far
SS Bo5: DenisTheMenace vs Krytocon - Denis is a more proven player, however praise snom
SS Bo5: STABLE vs dogknees - Stable can you stop moving tiers
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Boat - Boat keeps doing well this PL, also kyogre is in the water but boats go above the water so boat over freddy
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Akumajou - Still good SM and likely high motivation given the stakes here.
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs OM - :tea pose: also last week's building from OM seemed very good
BW Bo5: Ryenix vs Quantum Tesseract - QT please prove me wrong I want to see the redemption arc go forth
DPP Bo5: zio vs Euphonos - zio is an incredibly strong player but E# is an incredibly strong DPPer.
SS Monopoke Bo5: STABLE vs Itchyfoot - idk but I feel like stable either wins both slots or neither

(glitch chat 3 - twitch chat 5.5)
SS Bo7: tears vs BlanchedAlmond - should be interesting to watch
SS Bo5: Yami vs lvl100Blaziken - double level 100
SS Bo5: smely socks vs Waylaid - Waylaid is far from washed
SM Bo5: Tol vs Bopher - Insert joke here about 2 mons
SM Bo5: Downcoming3 vs LBDC - dc3
ORAS Bo5: Finchinator vs Scraftionite - mono pikachu is not going to win in oras
BW Bo5: Potatochan vs Sanshokuinsumireko - Potatochan is still amazing
DPP Bo5: Jamez vs Synonimous - I still do not trust DPP Jamez
SS Monopoke Bo5: GeneralGunderson vs magicarpe_lvl100 - double level 100

(The Lazzle Dazzle is Back and Better than Ever 4.5 - third time's the charm 4)
SS Bo7: LRXC vs Bomb21XD - none of these games matter but lrxc is probably going to bring something insane and also unviable at least 5/7 games
SS Bo5: D2TheW vs Aliss - none of these games matter (I know seeding but still) so I'm not even going to try reasoning for most of them
SS Bo5: parr0t vs not a racist - see d2tw vs aliss
SM Bo5: Squirtell 1v1 vs TheShadowClaw - see d2tw vs aliss
SM Bo5: SoulWind vs Joker 1v1 - see d2tw vs aliss
ORAS Bo5: THIS MACHINE vs 187 Fan - see d2tw vs aliss
BW Bo5: crucify vs eblurb - see d2tw vs aliss
DPP Bo5: Mr. Mime fan vs 413X - see d2tw vs aliss
SS Monopoke Bo5: ojr vs 413X - see d2tw vs aliss

(:teapose2: 7.5 - nyaa~ 1)
SS Bo7: Nalei vs Close - Idk this will be an interesting series, feels weird to try to predict the sweep though
SS Bo5: Tom842 vs Urfgurgle - Numbers gang also just general gut feeling
SS Bo5: Rellia vs Mishlef - I feel like the skid ends if it was ever real
SM Bo5: frostyicelad vs Kentari - I will continue to bold frostyicelad
SM Bo5: UBERLandon21 vs XSTATIC COLD - This will be an incredibly fun match to watch that could go either way.
ORAS Bo5: bea vs pqs - why is pqs playing oras
BW Bo5: Rosa vs Palestine - idk this one is more of just a gut feeling/guess
DPP Bo5: Inkreativ vs Jabiru - Ink is still very strong
SS Monopoke Bo5: bea vs Nalei - OK the "playing monopoke against your own team" needs to stop

Also this wasn't even intended but these predicts are only a few games away from quadruple tiebreak uwu

DEG

the night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Are you allowed to write predicts if you plan to help a team with prep but will actually probably fail to do so?

(Siivagunner but grass type? idk 3 - ^w^ Pyramids ^w^ 5.5)
SS Bo7: Tricking vs Murman0064 - I want to see murman win this but tricking has had a great tour so far
SS Bo5: DenisTheMenace vs Krytocon - Denis is a more proven player, however praise snom
SS Bo5: STABLE vs dogknees - Stable can you stop moving tiers
SM Bo5: Freddy Kyogre vs Boat - Boat keeps doing well this PL, also kyogre is in the water but boats go above the water so boat over freddy
SM Bo5: Satanic Beast vs Akumajou - Still good SM and likely high motivation given the stakes here.
ORAS Bo5: DezShizzels vs OM - :tea pose: also last week's building from OM seemed very good
BW Bo5: Ryenix vs Quantum Tesseract - QT please prove me wrong I want to see the redemption arc go forth
DPP Bo5: zio vs Euphonos - zio is an incredibly strong player but E# is an incredibly strong DPPer.
SS Monopoke Bo5: STABLE vs Itchyfoot - idk but I feel like stable either wins both slots or neither

(glitch chat 3 - twitch chat 5.5)
SS Bo7: tears vs BlanchedAlmond - should be interesting to watch
SS Bo5: Yami vs lvl100Blaziken - double level 100
SS Bo5: smely socks vs Waylaid - Waylaid is far from washed
SM Bo5: Tol vs Bopher - Insert joke here about 2 mons
SM Bo5: Downcoming3 vs LBDC - dc3
ORAS Bo5: Finchinator vs Scraftionite - mono pikachu is not going to win in oras
BW Bo5: Potatochan vs Sanshokuinsumireko - Potatochan is still amazing
DPP Bo5: Jamez vs Synonimous - I still do not trust DPP Jamez
SS Monopoke Bo5: GeneralGunderson vs magicarpe_lvl100 - double level 100

(The Lazzle Dazzle is Back and Better than Ever 4.5 - third time's the charm 4)
SS Bo7: LRXC vs Bomb21XD - none of these games matter but lrxc is probably going to bring something insane and also unviable at least 5/7 games
SS Bo5: D2TheW vs Aliss - none of these games matter (I know seeding but still) so I'm not even going to try reasoning for most of them
SS Bo5: parr0t vs not a racist - see d2tw vs aliss
SM Bo5: Squirtell 1v1 vs TheShadowClaw - see d2tw vs aliss
SM Bo5: SoulWind vs Joker 1v1 - see d2tw vs aliss
ORAS Bo5: THIS MACHINE vs 187 Fan - see d2tw vs aliss
BW Bo5: crucify vs eblurb - see d2tw vs aliss
DPP Bo5: Mr. Mime fan vs 413X - see d2tw vs aliss
SS Monopoke Bo5: ojr vs 413X - see d2tw vs aliss

(:teapose2: 7.5 - nyaa~ 1)
SS Bo7: Nalei vs Close - Idk this will be an interesting series, feels weird to try to predict the sweep though
SS Bo5: Tom842 vs Urfgurgle - Numbers gang also just general gut feeling
SS Bo5: Rellia vs Mishlef - I feel like the skid ends if it was ever real
SM Bo5: frostyicelad vs Kentari - I will continue to bold frostyicelad
SM Bo5: UBERLandon21 vs XSTATIC COLD - This will be an incredibly fun match to watch that could go either way.
ORAS Bo5: bea vs pqs - why is pqs playing oras
BW Bo5: Rosa vs Palestine - idk this one is more of just a gut feeling/guess
DPP Bo5: Inkreativ vs Jabiru - Ink is still very strong
SS Monopoke Bo5: bea vs Nalei - OK the "playing monopoke against your own team" needs to stop

Also this wasn't even intended but these predicts are only a few games away from quadruple tiebreak uwu
images (6).jpeg

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
PL V: Week 6 Prediction Posts Ranked
With this series, I rank the accuracy of all prediction posts made for PL V. They are ranked based on the total % of correct predictions. If you are a player, predictions made for one's own team will not count (So people who say 8-0 ez can be included in this), with the total percent being tiebroken by the percent correct from what you predicted (i.e. not counting matches a person abstained from predicting on). If you changed your prediction after a player already played their series, your post will not be counted for the week.

Results (Players):
BlanchedAlmond: 14/24 58% total

DezShizzels: 13/23 57% of predicted, 54% total

Stable: 13/24 54% total

Itchyfoot: 12/24 50% total

Jamez: 12/24 50% total

Joker: 12/24 50% total

Rosa: 12/24 50% total

XSC: 12/24 50% total

D2theW: 9/23 39% of predicted, 38% total

eblurb: 9/24 38% total

Nalei: 9/24 38% total

Boat: 8/24 33% total

Results (Spectators):
Alakazam: 17/32 53% total

Notater: 13/32 41% total

lph: 9/26 35% of predicted, 28% total

Most Predicted Win
SM Bo5: UBERLandon21 vs Grain2Sel - 11 Correct Predictions

Biggest Upset
SS Bo5: Rellia vs smely socks - 0 Correct Predictions

SS Bo7: Bomb21XD vs Mishlef 6
SS Bo5: Aliss vs Close 9
SS Bo5: Here Comes Team Charm! vs Jabiru 2
SM Bo5: TheShadowClaw vs Kentari 8
SM Bo5: Lancer Fr vs XSTATIC COLD 8
ORAS Bo5: Joker 1v1 vs Mubs 7
BW Bo5: eblurb vs philisteen 8
DPP Bo5: 187 Fan vs Trashuny 7

SS Bo7: BlanchedAlmond vs Tricking 3
SS Bo5: Waylaid vs zio 5
SS Bo5: lvl100Blaziken vs DenisTheMenace 6
SM Bo5: LBDC vs Freddy Kyogre 4
SM Bo5: Bopher vs Satanic Beast 1
ORAS Bo5: Scraftionite vs DezShizzels 6
BW Bo5: Sanshokuinsumireko vs Ryenix 10
DPP Bo5: Synonimous vs STABLE 7

SS Bo7: Nalei vs tears 4
SS Bo5: Rellia vs smely socks 0
SS Bo5: Adela vs Yami 1
SM Bo5: UBERLandon21 vs Grain2Sel 11
SM Bo5: frostyicelad vs Downcoming3 4
ORAS Bo5: bea vs Finchinator 9
BW Bo5: Rosa vs Potatochan 5
DPP Bo5: Inkreativ vs Jamez 2

SS Bo7: Murman0064 vs crucify 1
SS Bo5: Itchyfoot vs Maki 9
SS Bo5: dogknees vs D2TheW 3
SM Bo5: Elo Bandit vs Felucia 9
SM Bo5: Boat vs Squirtell 1v1 2
ORAS Bo5: OM vs LRXC 3
BW Bo5: Krytocon vs SoulWind 9
DPP Bo5: Euphonos vs Mr. Mime fan 5

(144 total games)
Stable: 84 Correct, 58% total (6 weeks)

XSC: 83 Correct, 58% total (6 weeks) (Down 1)

Joker: 77 Correct, 53% total (6 weeks)

Rosa: 74 Correct, 51% total (6 weeks)

Nalei: 70 Correct, 49% total (6 weeks)

eblurb: 69 Correct, 48% total (6 weeks)

Boat: 65 Correct, 45% total (6 weeks)

Itchyfoot: 56 Correct, 47% total (5 weeks)

Jamez: 52 Correct, 54% total (4 weeks) (Up 2)

D2TheW: 47 Correct, 49% total (4 weeks) (Up 2)

Waylaid: 43 Correct, 45% total (4 weeks)

bea: 41 Correct, 43% total (4 weeks)

crucify: 25 Correct, 52% total (2 weeks)

Jabiru: 24 Correct, 50% total (2 weeks)

Dez: 19 Correct, 40% total (2 week) (Up 5)

BlanchedAlmond: 14 Correct, 58% total (1 week)

Landon: 14 Correct, 58% total (1 week)

Magicarpe: 14 Correct, 58% total (1 week)

pqs: 14 Correct, 58% total (1 week)

parr0t: 14 Correct, 58% total (1 week)

Synonimous: 13 Correct, 54% total (1 week)

Ryenix: 12 Correct, 50% total (1 Week)

413X: 10 Correct, 42% total (1 Week)

Mubs: 10 Correct, 42% total (1 week)

zio: 10 Correct, 42% total (1 week)

Sansho: 9 Correct, 38% total (1 week)
(192 total games)
Notater: 91 Correct, 47% total (6 weeks)

Alakazam: 83 Correct, 52% total (5 weeks)

lph: 69 Correct, 43% total (5 weeks)

Spiderz: 36 Correct, 56% total (2 weeks)

PA: 30 Correct, 47% total (2 weeks)

Kawaiiipotato: 29 Correct, 45% total (2 weeks)

nolenot: 22 Correct, 69% total (1 week)

Gray: 17 Correct, 53% total (1 week)

Mr. mime fan: 15 Correct, 47% total (1 week)

Last edited:

Ginger Princess

Girl moding so hard rn
Highlights in red

SS Bo7: LRXC vs Bomb21XD This is the only highlight match

It's the last week might as well try out some predicts. I'll do some explanations who knows. Don't flame too hard first time.

SS Bo7: tears vs BlanchedAlmond - Blanched has been rooting for me so I gotta root for them. They are a super solid player, but so is Tears, so it's going to be close
SS Bo5: smely socks vs Waylaid - Slightly leaning towards smely, idk why, I just am, but it's very close
SM Bo5: Tol vs Bopher - I like tol but I think bopher has a bit of an edge here
ORAS Bo5: Finchinator vs Scraftionite - Insert comment about focus sash here
DPP Bo5: Jamez vs Synonimous - James always predicts against me so imma do the same to them
SS Monopoke Bo5: GeneralGunderson vs magicarpe_lvl100 - looks close, leaning towards carpe but idk

SS Bo7: LRXC vs Bomb21XD - I believe in SWSH King LRXC
SS Bo5: D2TheW vs Aliss - Gotta give it to the person who beat me, sorry D2
SM Bo5: Squirtell 1v1 vs TheShadowClaw - Squirtell has been having a rough season but I gotta bold them because no matter their record, they are goated
ORAS Bo5: THIS MACHINE vs 187 Fan - I've heard some good stuff about 187 Fan ORAS
BW Bo5: crucify vs eblurb - idk I just put what D2 put
DPP Bo5: Mr. Mime fan vs 413X - Sorry Alex, as much as I would like the Kyubits, Yash is just more proven in dpp
SS Monopoke Bo5: ojr vs 413X - Kyubits plz

SS Bo5: Rellia vs Mishlef - Got a solid win last week, I believe in Rellia
SM Bo5: UBERLandon21 vs XSTATIC COLD - Close, idk I am leaning towards UBERLandon, just a gut feeling
ORAS Bo5: bea vs pqs - 1) Bea was mean to me in predicts :cccc, 2) pqs beat me, so I gotta give it to em
DPP Bo5: Inkreativ vs Jabiru - The one match I just cannot predict. These two are very skilled players, especially in DPP, so we'll see what happens. I would say this is an HL.
SS Monopoke Bo5: bea vs Nalei - Reason 1 from Bea v pqs and Nalei just is a general goated player

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)